Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 07:08:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 [373] 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 ... 442 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DVC]DevCoin - Official Thread - Moderated  (Read 1058398 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Unthinkingbit

Activity: 935
Merit: 1015

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 09:08:15 PM

Great news! For getting devcoins on an exchange, CTYA gets the 60 share first exchange bounty.

Writing on behalf of FreiExchange.com , we are trying to direct our branding toward an exchange of innovative vintage coins. Would you like to be listed with us? If so, please fill in AddCoin link found at bottom of our website. We don't charge very much to list coins either, mostly free really.

Thanks

FreiExchange has added DVC trading.
https://freiexchange.com/market/DVC/BTC

Happy trading.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unthinkingbit

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 09:12:57 PM

plus I see the twitter devtome and others inactive, we need a twitter presence

@devcoin twitter has one tweet from 5 years ago and has 1 tweet, not owned by devcoin . offering to sell is against twitter t and c as they are doing, so suggestion for current devteam. screenshot the account and tweet, report it and ask to be suspended then deleted and reserved for you to have?
https://twitter.com/Devcoin

in menatime which is our current twitter account? that needs to be tweeting with #dvc and #devcoin hashtags and promoting all recent developments and devcoin's long history

I agree, does someone want to make a devcoin Twitter account? Or an account on any other social network site?

gembitz

Activity: 1834
Merit: 639

*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 12:21:47 AM

Writing on behalf of FreiExchange.com , we are trying to direct our branding toward an exchange of innovative vintage coins. Would you like to be listed with us? If so, please fill in AddCoin link found at bottom of our website. We don't charge very much to list coins either, mostly free really.

Thanks

Happy trading.

great exchange!  Cool  ~slowly growing up big!!

DVC FRC BTI ===> gogogogo

©2021*MY POSTS ARE STRICTLY FOR NOVELTY AND/OR PRESERVATION/COLLECTING PURPOSES ONLY!*It should not be regarded as investment/trading advice.*advocate to promote sharing and free software for the bitcoin community* #EFF #FSF #XTZ ===> START WITH NOTHING AND BUILD IT INTO SOMETHING!
wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 01:45:41 AM

Great news! For getting devcoins on an exchange, CTYA gets the 60 share first exchange bounty.

Thanks

Happy trading.

Congratulations, ctya! You deserve every single one of those shares Smiley
gembitz

Activity: 1834
Merit: 639

*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 02:45:38 AM

Thanks

Happy trading.

freiexchange api updates soon~ trading bots inkoming good or bad ...  Wink   DVC>>BTI>> FRC ~ possibly EMC2 & FLO forthcoming!!!

©2021*MY POSTS ARE STRICTLY FOR NOVELTY AND/OR PRESERVATION/COLLECTING PURPOSES ONLY!*It should not be regarded as investment/trading advice.*advocate to promote sharing and free software for the bitcoin community* #EFF #FSF #XTZ ===> START WITH NOTHING AND BUILD IT INTO SOMETHING!
shtako

Activity: 779
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 06:14:12 AM

With the current price of 1 satoshi, the total devcoin market cap is 164,0795 btc. $1.219.931 with the current bitcoin price.

On coinmarketcap devcoin would be number 838.
Qtera

Activity: 161
Merit: 14

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2018, 05:25:00 PM

Thanks

Happy trading.

Congratulations CTYA, indeed!

And I see that apparently the Bisq Network is supporting now DVC too!! I haven't checked it yet, but take a look in their FAQ here: https://bisq.network/faq/ in the section "Which altcoins are supported?"

I'm gonna download it and try. Yay!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Earn Devcoins by Writing
Devcoin address: 122fZgNs8jL72jbUFstnpvG6EE8GFJA2Xr
Steemit Profile Account
TheDischarger

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 10:47:15 PM

Thanks

Happy trading.

And I see that apparently the Bisq Network is supporting now DVC too!! I haven't checked it yet, but take a look in their FAQ here: https://bisq.network/faq/ in the section "Which altcoins are supported?"

I just updated my client. It looks like Devcoin is ready to go on Bisq!
Guido
Legendary

Activity: 1061
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 10:57:46 AM

just seen from cryptopia
may be the one best chance to get devcoin on there
Cryptopia Exchange

@Cryptopia_NZ
 2h2 hours ago
More
Calling all coin development teams who are keen to list their coin on Cryptopia! We are halving our coin listing fee until midnight (UTC) June 4. Please see this Help Centre article for further information on how to list your coin with us: http://ow.ly/AMNZ30kd1dD

https://twitter.com/Cryptopia_NZ/status/1001021127425064960

I am Bonkers BTW
Crypto OG
        +
Digital Artist
wiser
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 02:57:15 PM

just seen from cryptopia
may be the one best chance to get devcoin on there
Cryptopia Exchange

@Cryptopia_NZ
 2h2 hours ago
More
Calling all coin development teams who are keen to list their coin on Cryptopia! We are halving our coin listing fee until midnight (UTC) June 4. Please see this Help Centre article for further information on how to list your coin with us: http://ow.ly/AMNZ30kd1dD

https://twitter.com/Cryptopia_NZ/status/1001021127425064960

Cryptopia just delisted a bunch of coins that fit the definition of "financial products" which they are not licensed to carry. So I can see that they would be eager to find some new qualified coins to list. It may take a while, but I think it would be worth pursuing.
wiser
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 03:02:38 PM

I was looking around on Bisq and I can't find the DVC market. Can someone please post a direct link? I thought I'd take a look at the market before trying to register an account and all that good stuff.
Qtera

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2018, 05:54:31 PM

I was looking around on Bisq and I can't find the DVC market. Can someone please post a direct link? I thought I'd take a look at the market before trying to register an account and all that good stuff.

I downloaded the client, but I can't run the latest version in Kubuntu for some reason or another.  If someone can run the client in Windows and confirm it, it would be great, but they have already DVC listed in their FAQ, so it should be there in their more recent client (0.7.0)

Earn Devcoins by Writing
Steemit Profile Account
IconFirm

Activity: 1438
Merit: 574

Always ask questions. #StandWithHongKong

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2018, 06:41:01 PM

I'm gonna download it and try. Yay!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I downloaded the client, but I can't run the latest version in Kubuntu for some reason or another.  If someone can run the client in Windows and confirm it, it would be great, but they have already DVC listed in their FAQ, so it should be there in their more recent client (0.7.0)

I have v7 bisq installed on a doze 7 64bit PC & can confirm that DVC is there. For anyone having trouble displaying it:

Click on settings.
In preferences, go to Display altcoins (bottom right)
Click on "add altcoin"
click on Devcoin (DVC)

Start trading!  Smiley

PIA went evil: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5203968.msg53160131#msg53160131 Unofficial & Uncensored SYSCOIN thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4748031.0    Do not trust Yobit/HitBTC/BiteBTC/coinsbit/p2pb2b/Mercatox/C-cex/Poloniex/WEX/KuCoin/LiveCoin/TheRockTrading/Bitfinex/ADAB/Okex/TradeSatoshi/Gate.io/Changelly/Freewallet.org/crex24 scam exchanges or ICO's by known scammers like HashCoins/Ambisafe/Bountyhive - they WILL scam you! Use diligence & research. Buy coins, sell coins - don't invest in stupid shit. If your questions aren't answered - don't touch it.
Lenor5.3090

Merit: 11

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 06:14:43 AM

I look forward to a substantial increase in the token trading. Moreover, the idea of devcoin is interesting and practical.
wiser
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 12:39:47 PM

I don't know what the Cryptopia listing fee is, but I would recommend DVC apply. It will probably take forever to get a reply back, but Cryptopia is trying to be in total legal compliance, which means most of the tokens on the market these days will fail their legal review. I'm not sure of the legal status of DVC. It's been used primarily to reward people who contribute open source work, but I don't think it's ever been used as any sort of fundraising token for some central entity. It may be that when most of the other ICO tokens are ruled out, DVC will get more interesting to trading platforms and speculators. It's certainly worth a shot.
novacadian

Activity: 232
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2018, 04:05:23 PM
Last edit: May 30, 2018, 05:27:27 PM by novacadian

Great news on the exchange listing and a hearty congratulations to all involved in making it happen; particularly the dogged determination of Cyta.

It is my feeling that we should now focus on what we have always been here to do... open source software development and support of open source programmers.

In that regard there seems, to me, a great opportunity. Allow me to explain.

The last five months has found me very active on steemit.com. For those unfamiliar with it, steemit has done with the social media model what Devcoin has done with the Wikipedia model. It is a social media app that rewards content creators with the crypto steem, like Devcoin does to Devtome creators with DVC.

The site steemit.com is owned and operated by Steem Inc.; or as it is affectionately known as STINC. Steemit has been the primary delivery app of the steem blockchain since 2016, yet it is by no means a monopoly. The software is open source with a decentralized blockchain ledger. Other apps and delivery sites like busy.org are popping up all the time. There are tons of apps which could be done as software bounties. Great libraries are available in python as well as Perl at https://media.readthedocs.org/pdf/steem/latest/steem.pdf and https://metacpan.org/release/Steemit-WsClient respectively. develCuy has a wittness/miner node running under steemit.com@devcoin which is practicing a form of merged mining between DVC and steem. We could use the steem blockchain to develop apps which would have a real revenue streams; which was the plan with AdSense and DevTome.

The steem project is an exciting one, yet there are some serious areas of discontent among the user base. With only a million accounts; of which only 60,000 are thought to be active; this discontent is likely to only grow as the old timers are vastly outnumbered by new users.

Some of the main beefs of the user base are:

1. Reward Pool Distribution

If one has been on the platform a long time they have generally built up steem power. That is the amount of steem they hold in a kind of stock. It is steem which they call Powered Up. It would take 13 weeks to get such steem totally powered down and into your hands again. In the meantime it gives one an advantage on the platform. When someone likes/upvotes a post of yours the amount of rewards, from the reward pool, assigned to you from that vote is weighted on how much Steem Power that person has in their account. Those with a lot of Steem Power are known as Whales. Some whales are investors who have purchased the steem which they have powered up.

In the early days the whales would seek good content and reward it. This is what they call the Proof of Brain as opposed to Proof of Worth. As time has  gone on and more investor types have bought their whale status they are not seeking out good content but seeking the highest rate of return on their investment. Consequentally they are gaming the system wherever it will let them.

One area they can game is to form small cartels of accounts that vote for each other no matter what crap content is posted. You will see $300-$400 rewards for posts that are complete drivel. This has annoyed the lower ranking users to the point of rebellion.

This could be easily fixed by giving a much smoother grade to the weighting instead of the n^2 at present, yet even the good whales have a vested interest to not see that happen and they can have their way due to another great point of discontent...

2. Witness Voting.

Witnesses is another name for Miners on the steem blockchain. The user base can vote for their preferred witnesses. The top 20 witnesses with the the most votes get to vote upon excepting future software mods. They also produce the majority of blocks on the steem blockchain, with a 21st witness being chosen from the non top 20 group of witnesses each round of block creation. That sounds like a great thing, right? Except for the fact that Witness Voting is weighted with the same formula as post upvoting.  

So we have whale Witnesses voting for other witnesses and greedy whales voting for witnesses. The big guns have the place locked down. Those in charge of direction have too much stake to make unbiased judgments.

Possible Solution

My feeling is that the only way to force change on those with the power to do so is to offer an ultimatum. That is to first make changes to the code with regards to the vote weighting and then present it to the top 20 witnesses explaining that if they do not except it that there will be a real fork in the traditional sense of the word. That is a fork like BTC/BCH where the branches both retain the original blockchain.

Due to the fact the the users will flood to where the rewards are better for them, only the whales and their buddies would remain behind. It is bound to bring some sanity to their thoughts as they do have large vested interests for the blockchain to not fork.

Who better to support such code changes than Devcoin?

Such a showdown could be used in a political way to garner more votes for our @devcoin witness. My guess is that the masses would herald @devcoin if that was the voice on the steemit platform putting forth the modifications to the code. We may possibly find @devcoin in the top 20 once vote weighting is more smoothed out. Those top 20 witnesses are making 6 figure salaries a year. We are talking cash flow like never seen in the Devcoin Project previously.

Allow me to invite you to come to https://steemit.com or https://busy.org. Get registered and check the blockchain out.

There is a new project called Smart Media Tokens (SMT) rolling out with the next version of steemit. DVC would fit it like a glove.

https://smt.steem.io/

Feedback is welcome. Thank you for your time.

- Nova

DVC Address : 1EfsiVUECqmR5Qx7C4PkmwadDXYuSGzssL
wiser
Legendary

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 10:51:12 PM

Interesting proposal. Would we be pushing for a hard fork of Steemit resulting in a totally new block chain, currency, and social media platform?

About a year ago, someone tried to fork Steemit--well, really, they took a snapshot of some sort and then reset accounts to beginning balances and went on from there. That fork is called Caliphae, and I haven't heard anything about it since. But that fork would be one to study to see if there are any mistakes or successes to learn from.

I've been on Steemit since 2016, and my activity level waxes and wanes depending on how much time I have (right now, very little). I'm OK with the reward structure, etc., in the sense that I can make it work for me. Mostly I have simply delegated out my SP through Minnowbooster.net so I don't even have to write to make money.

My big problem with Steemit, though, is that its block explorer has got to be the least user friendly from the point of view of keeping accurate records of transactions for tax purposes ever. I have to go to one of those dApps to get some of my transactions, and then manually look at the wallet and record for other transactions. I try to go through all my accounts like that once a month or so. It is a real pain in the butt. The first time when I had to go through an entire year of data that way was a literal nightmare. I couldn't get the books to add up right, and I finally just divided up the extra Steem that my wallets showed I had (but my transactions did not show I had) into equal monthly installments and was done with it. I think SP accumulates "interest" at a steady rate and it's handled as a constant balance adjustment rather than as a deposit, which means no way to record it. It's similar to XEM harvesting, except that there are apps that actually do keep track of harvesting instances so that information is out there. I don't know how to get it for Steem.

Anyway, the tax reporting issues are so big for me that after suffering through it in order to report taxes for 2017, I decided that I would gradually get out of Steemit in terms of having any real funds on the platform and instead move those funds to coins that among other things lend themselves to automatic tracking through APIs (which connect directly to my tracking program--I am not skilled to program them myself), or coins where if I have to manually process the transactions it's a straighforward process that yields accurate results. I might keep writing for fun on Steemit but my purpose wouldn't be to earn anymore because I wouldn't be accumulating SP once I power down everything.

I'm not in contact with any of the founders or developers so haven't felt like there was a good way to address this complaint, so I haven't bothered. I've just kind of resigned myself to "it's a big sea with plenty of other fish (coins) to get into." In fact, one of my favorite coins (DNotes) just went to proof of stake a few months ago, so I can earn passively that way without even having to keep up with my minnowbooster delegations.

I share all this to say that if you do fork Steemit to merge with Devcoin or anything like that, please design the block explorer to make it very easy to track and record transactions either through periodic file exports or through APIs that are kind of dummy proof. That's the only way I would even consider participating. I have good coins and don't need the complication of another, but will consider it if it's not going to be a compliance nightmare for me.
Unthinkingbit

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 01:32:51 AM
Merited by develCuy (1)

My feeling is that the only way to force change on those with the power to do so is to offer an ultimatum. That is to first make changes to the code with regards to the vote weighting and then present it to the top 20 witnesses explaining that if they do not except it that there will be a real fork in the traditional sense of the word. That is a fork like BTC/BCH where the branches both retain the original blockchain.

I don't know anything about Steemit other than what I've heard on this thread, nevertheless I'll give my opinion anyways.

I agree that there is a big problem in Steemit, but people don't like ultimatums. I think you should look for a nice way to fix the problem first. Even if it turns out there was no nice way to fix things, the fact that you tried would give you more support for an eventual ultimatum.

You could try putting the Steemit tokens of devcoiners together to form an honest whale, the devcoiners would pick someone to be a trustee. You would still only have a small whale, but once you have something then other Steemit users would join. Make a Steemit page where you describe how your whale would vote according to an equal voting of the token sharers. With at least 5% of the total Steemit tokens, you could in effect give your token holders equal voting weight to the whales, without having to change the n^2 part of the code.

In any case, you can suggest whatever bounties you want, and you could ask develCuy to use part of his up to 12 shares to fund Steemit projects you recommend.

Qtera

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2018, 02:00:05 AM
Last edit: May 31, 2018, 02:17:38 AM by Qtera

You could try putting the Steemit tokens of devcoiners together to form an honest whale, the devcoiners would pick someone to be a trustee. You would still only have a small whale, but once you have something then other Steemit users would join. Make a Steemit page where you describe how your whale would vote according to an equal voting of the token sharers. With at least 5% of the total Steemit tokens, you could in effect give your token holders equal voting weight to the whales, without having to change the n^2 part of the code.

Could it be possible Unthinkingbit to assign some regular shares for this purpose? I mean to fund a whale like this in steemit using DVCs?

Earn Devcoins by Writing
Steemit Profile Account
listex

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2018, 04:00:07 PM

http://listex.io
Fiat and Cryptocurrency exchange
Pages: « 1 ... 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 [373] 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 ... 442 »
  Print  

Jump to: