Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 06:47:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 [420] 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DVC]DevCoin - Official Thread - Moderated  (Read 1058398 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
FuzzyBear
Legendary

Activity: 1420
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2020, 03:09:47 PM

But it was delisted from altilly with the reason that there was little to no trade volume...

Was that really the case?  

They said that it's usually more than lack of volume, but they didn't want to disclose it publicly. As far as I know they said they'd speak only with CEO or lead dev with regards to (de)listing.  
But I don't know if anybody actually spoke with them after they made that clarification? Maybe @FuzzyBear exchanged some private messages with them?

Nope I had no PM contact with them re delisting, when i asked every time i was told it was through lack of volume, but agreed I thought it was a little strange as yes trade volume on ltc pair seemed higher than others...

Fuzzybear

***** Earn DEV at http://devtome.com *****

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
develCuy

Activity: 470
Merit: 350

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2020, 06:03:02 PM

A representative from WhiteBIT is offering a flexible cooperation in order to help us list Devcoin in their platform.

This is the concrete offer in their own language:

From Eugene | WhiteBIT.com:

If the problem with the budget.

What are you current budgets? Maybe we can work according it right now.

And after we will be able to reach our goals we can increase your budget and marketing activities

I asked them to kindly provide us with some numbers so that we can have an idea of budget. Gathering funds for the minimum budget would be a goal. Btw, I'm still very cautious about listing Devcoin on third party exchanges, since we had way too much bad experiences in the past.

For the reasons above, I ask for your help, all information about WhiteBIT that you can contribute here will be greatly appreciated.

Go go Devcoin!

- develCuy

Join Devcoin: Telegram, Reddit, Discord, Facebook, Keybase  | The Devcoin Project - from the many, one. From one, the source
realdantreccia

Activity: 666
Merit: 516

Fuck BlackRock

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2020, 01:08:17 AM

But it was delisted from altilly with the reason that there was little to no trade volume...

The ltc/dvc pair were pretty active compared to most coins listed on altilly. I am pretty sure devcoin had more volume then most of their coins when it got delisted without warnings.

Just look at the exchange now. 23 of 29 ltc pairs have 0 trades last 24h. 94 of the btc pairs have 0 trades last 24h.

That was me. Smiley I bought a lot at a great price (in LTC) compared to BTC (1 satoshi) offerings.

From the many one, from one, the source
Apocalipsa

Activity: 261
Merit: 305

View Profile
July 16, 2020, 07:04:25 AM

The ltc/dvc pair were pretty active compared to most coins listed on altilly. I am pretty sure devcoin had more volume then most of their coins when it got delisted without warnings.

Just look at the exchange now. 23 of 29 ltc pairs have 0 trades last 24h. 94 of the btc pairs have 0 trades last 24h.

That was me. Smiley I bought a lot at a great price (in LTC) compared to BTC (1 satoshi) offerings.

I bought more than you.  Just saying, being number is what counts.   Grin

But yeah, no reason to delist it given it has pretty regular volume. 
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 17, 2020, 12:47:36 AM

A representative from WhiteBIT is offering a flexible cooperation in order to help us list Devcoin in their platform.

And after we will be able to reach our goals we can increase your budget and marketing activities

I asked them to kindly provide us with some numbers so that we can have an idea of budget. Gathering funds for the minimum budget would be a goal. Btw, I'm still very cautious about listing Devcoin on third party exchanges, since we had way too much bad experiences in the past.

For the reasons above, I ask for your help, all information about WhiteBIT that you can contribute here will be greatly appreciated.

Go go Devcoin!

- develCuy

I'll do some reading into this exchange. I've never heard of them before now but with so many exchanges popping up, that doesn't really mean much. I'm looking forward to seeing how much they want in terms of budget, as I think that will help make a more informed decision (a lot of their coins are very low volume right now).

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
develCuy

Activity: 470
Merit: 350

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2020, 03:30:16 PM

Go go Devcoin!

- develCuy

I'll do some reading into this exchange. I've never heard of them before now but with so many exchanges popping up, that doesn't really mean much. I'm looking forward to seeing how much they want in terms of budget, as I think that will help make a more informed decision (a lot of their coins are very low volume right now).

We have got an specific proposal from WhiteBIT, for a budget of 2 BTC:

TRADING PAIRS & LIQUIDITY:
⁃ 3 trading pairs of choice
   Crypto: BTC, ETH
   Stable: USDT, TUSD, USDC, PAX
   Fiat: USD, EUR, RUB, UAH
⁃ Zero-fee accounts for 3-months

MARKETING & PR
- Announcements on our social media;
- Targeted email campaign (for the entire duration of the marketing activities);
- Banner on the main page (14 days);
- Remarketing for 1,5 million unique users;
Upon Request:
- Digital Marketing in Cointelegraph, Forbes, Bloomberg, CoinDesk, Hackernoon, Investing.com, etc;
- Separate full articles and brand mentions in Media (bitcoin.news, themerkle.com, etc);

ACTIVITIES:
-Lower fee trading for the community (for 2 weeks after the listing);
- SMART Staking plan (https://whitebit.com/smart-staking);
- AMA-session in WhiteBIT’s telegram community;
- Trading competition on whitebit.com;

SUPPORT & CONSULTANCY:
- Personal account manager for you;
- 24/7 Support for your community;
- Listing on Tier 1 and Tier 2 exchanges.

The listing fee for all the above-mentioned services is 2 BTC.

Go go Devcoin!

- develCuy

Join Devcoin: Telegram, Reddit, Discord, Facebook, Keybase  | The Devcoin Project - from the many, one. From one, the source
john1010

Activity: 2072
Merit: 562

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2020, 05:29:31 PM

As a good Bitcointalk citizen, I would like to help this project to become alive and be on track and bring back it's glorious day in the market. This kind of project needs our support because nowadays a good project is very rare to find.
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 17, 2020, 11:41:40 PM

Go go Devcoin!

- develCuy

We have got an specific proposal from WhiteBIT, for a budget of 2 BTC:

TRADING PAIRS & LIQUIDITY:
⁃ 3 trading pairs of choice
   Crypto: BTC, ETH
   Stable: USDT, TUSD, USDC, PAX
   Fiat: USD, EUR, RUB, UAH
⁃ Zero-fee accounts for 3-months

MARKETING & PR
- Announcements on our social media;
- Targeted email campaign (for the entire duration of the marketing activities);
- Banner on the main page (14 days);
- Remarketing for 1,5 million unique users;
Upon Request:
- Digital Marketing in Cointelegraph, Forbes, Bloomberg, CoinDesk, Hackernoon, Investing.com, etc;
- Separate full articles and brand mentions in Media (bitcoin.news, themerkle.com, etc);

ACTIVITIES:
-Lower fee trading for the community (for 2 weeks after the listing);
- SMART Staking plan (https://whitebit.com/smart-staking);
- AMA-session in WhiteBIT’s telegram community;
- Trading competition on whitebit.com;

SUPPORT & CONSULTANCY:
- Personal account manager for you;
- 24/7 Support for your community;
- Listing on Tier 1 and Tier 2 exchanges.

The listing fee for all the above-mentioned services is 2 BTC.

Go go Devcoin!

- develCuy

A couple things off the top of my head:

1) What are these "zero-fee" accounts? Are they saying new accounts will pay no fees for 3 months or that there are no trading fees with DVC for 3 months?

2) Marketing for "1.5 million unique users": I just don't see their volume showing they have nearly this many users.

3) Their "smart staking" plan makes me worry about their viability. They're "guaranteeing" things like 18% interest on USDT for locking it for 180 days... with a max of 100k per account.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
shtako

Activity: 779
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 19, 2020, 09:26:21 AM

Its much better to get listed on a small exchange with zero volume, then on a scammy exchange with fake volume and 2 btc listing fee.

If possible to relist on altilly as fuzzybear mentions, that would be a good option. And there are a lot of small exchanges that would be very reasonable.
realdantreccia

Fuck BlackRock

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2020, 11:14:01 PM

Its much better to get listed on a small exchange with zero volume, then on a scammy exchange with fake volume and 2 btc listing fee.

If possible to relist on altilly as fuzzybear mentions, that would be a good option. And there are a lot of small exchanges that would be very reasonable.

Stellar trading (especially now that it has an ETH pairing - who did that?) is not to be underestimated. Smiley

Qtera

Activity: 161
Merit: 14

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2020, 01:49:34 AM

Stellar trading (especially now that it has an ETH pairing - who did that?) is not to be underestimated. Smiley

Dan, is there a way to deposit and withdraw DVCs in the interstellar? Unfortunately, I've been looking everywhere and I had no luck, yet.  Undecided

Earn Devcoins by Writing
Devcoin address: 122fZgNs8jL72jbUFstnpvG6EE8GFJA2Xr
Steemit Profile Account
realdantreccia

Fuck BlackRock

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2020, 02:54:56 AM

Dan, is there a way to deposit and withdraw DVCs in the interstellar? Unfortunately, I've been looking everywhere and I had no luck, yet.  Undecided

If you're looking to deposit and obtain DVC you have to put in XLM and then trade for the DVC token. If you want to take out DVC token as DVC blockchain coins you have to send markm the DVC token to his Stellar address and then he will coordinate with you to send blockchain coin DVC to your DVC wallet.

Are you saying you want to withdraw the DVC token from interstellar? If you use stellar the keys to your interstellar account should be there so you just put your key in whatever stellar wallet you want (I tested mine on keybase's iOS app which has a stellar wallet inside and it worked) and your DVC token balance should show in that wallet.

Also, off topic but relevant. Ever since Abe's been back (on new address paths) online the Devcoin 0 block shows what I always knew since my debug.log showed it long ago. But I didn't know the coins went to the same legacy address as BTC block 0. Now that is something.

https://block.d.evco.in/block/0000000062558fec003bcbf29e915cddfc34fa257dc87573f28e4520d1c7c11e

Qtera

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2020, 03:36:12 AM

If you're looking to deposit and obtain DVC you have to put in XLM and then trade for the DVC token. If you want to take out DVC token as DVC blockchain coins you have to send markm the DVC token to his Stellar address and then he will coordinate with you to send blockchain coin DVC to your DVC wallet.

Oh I see, I think I understand, thank you!

Earn Devcoins by Writing
Steemit Profile Account
realdantreccia

Fuck BlackRock

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2020, 09:13:58 PM

I'm sorry. I don't really know if that's what you were  asking.

Qtera

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2020, 01:17:35 AM

No, that's fine. I was mistaking the tokens with the coins but it's alright. I think I'm gonna buy and hold more DVC tokens! Thank you Dan!

Earn Devcoins by Writing
Steemit Profile Account
realdantreccia

Fuck BlackRock

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2020, 04:23:43 AM

No, that's fine. I was mistaking the tokens with the coins but it's alright. I think I'm gonna buy and hold more DVC tokens! Thank you Dan!

Can't hurt to have a little of both Smiley

shtako

View Profile
July 22, 2020, 12:34:51 PM

Devcoin could probably get listed for free on Fides Exchange. Lots of dead shitcoins have got that deal.

It would be mutual beneficial for both. Fides gets new customers and promotion through devcoin twitter/bitcointalk/medium channels. And devcoin gets a new ltc/dvc market pair.

https://fidesexchange.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/47001120148-listing-request-form

realdantreccia

Fuck BlackRock

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2020, 02:57:33 PM

Devcoin could probably get listed for free on Fides Exchange. Lots of dead shitcoins have got that deal.

It would be mutual beneficial for both. Fides gets new customers and promotion through devcoin twitter/bitcointalk/medium channels. And devcoin gets a new ltc/dvc market pair.

https://fidesexchange.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/47001120148-listing-request-form

It's been 9 years to the day since Block 0. It's hardly a dead shitcoin. Maybe just undervalued abstract coin.

Opened up my debug.log file today for Devcoin - Wallet (v0.8.5.1-g25a7b46-beta) for Windows (32-bit) through the GUI.

Code:
Running DevcoinMiner with 1 transactions in block (223 bytes)
hashmeter      0 khash/s
coinAddressStrings: 1
Address 1FQsjzmQvpETEfsR8CwyoL9HThE56mEry valid, value 4500000000000, minerValue 500000000000
received block aca1f1d885349965de5010088340d94f473aa7b8c05cec56df8f25f2366d76c9
Committing 1 changed transactions to coin database...
SetBestChain: new best=aca1f1d885349965de5010088340d94f473aa7b8c05cec56df8f25f2366d76c9  height=431304  log2_work=88.746852  tx=643165  date=2020-07-22 06:56:40 progress=0.043180
ProcessBlock: ACCEPTED
socket send error 10038
ResendWalletTransactions()
connection timeout

"socket send error 10038", been around since Hal and Satoshi were attaching and sharing original stripped bitcoin EXE's, tools, code, and debug files in attachments (for hal gmail attachments - which in the US and UK were later integrated with Google Wallet to attach "money" and send for free if one had a balance in their Google Wallet prepaid account).

Not shockingly these emails were then later compiled into a pdf (hash collision sha1 anyone?) and put online at a wsj subdomain. Previously "private" information exposed, double spent, who knows. But  I know one thing, the original bitcoin lives on through devcoin for a reason.

https://online.wsj.com/public/resources/documents/finneynakamotoemails.pdf

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, Jan 11, 2009 at 5:25 PM
Subject: Re: v0.1.2 debug.log
To: hal.finney@gmail.com
OK, so no crash or exception window or anything. debug.log is all I need then.
It looks like there's a "select failed: 10038" error (the sockets select function failed) and then network
communication goes quiet after that (except for IRC which is still working). I've never had select fail
before. It looks like sockets is somehow partially hosed. At least now I know what's wrong now.
You should restart it. It's not doing anything right now. I don't know if it'll just get the "select failed"
error again, or be fine for a while.
If I can't think of anything else, I can always shut down and restart sockets if it gets hosed like that. I'm
sure everyone who's written an internet app like a browser or p2p app had to slog through all the ways
the Internet can trash you. The Internet is a brutal, rough and tumble place.
The issue of bitcoin.exe still running after you close it is a known issue. It does a careful shutdown of
everything to be extra safe, in case some important transaction is in progress, but it's completely fine
and totally safe to just kill it if it doesn't exit on its own. I'll have to work on figuring out what's getting
hung up. I may just have it kill itself after a timeout.
Thanks!
>Hi Satoshi - debug.log attached. When I started 0.1.2 this afternoon,
>I first quit the previous version which was running. However, 0.1.2
>would not start up. Looking at the debug log, it said "Existing
>instance found". I ran task manager, and found two processes called
>bitcoin.exe running. I killed them both and started up the new one,
>and it seemed to run OK. It says at the bottom "3 connections". I
>haven't tried the debug version, I'm not sure what I would look for.
>
>Hal

As of right now, restarting my GUI wallet for Devcoin, I have 3 connections myself.

Happy 9th birthday since your bitcoin identical genesis, DVC.

https://block.d.evco.in/chain/Devcoin?hi=0
https://block.d.evco.in/block/0000000062558fec003bcbf29e915cddfc34fa257dc87573f28e4520d1c7c11e

Code:
Abe logo Devcoin 0
Short Link: http://block.d.evco.in/b/AdtbqSvSv

Hash: 0000000062558fec003bcbf29e915cddfc34fa257dc87573f28e4520d1c7c11e
Next Block: 000000002f751a5066b708d65240c63128183fb67e009027f52cac8a6eb4f81a
Height: 0
Version: 1
Transaction Merkle Root: e61339a40aa4e90e983fe0d64cf09eed5fa1e6eac227b6761f06ac7af1929baf
Time: 1311305081 (2011-07-21 23:24:41)
Difficulty: 1.000 (Bits: 1d00ffff)
Cumulative Difficulty: 1.000
Nonce: 3085127155
Transactions: 1
Value out: 50
Transaction Fees: 0
Average Coin Age: 0 days
Coin-days Destroyed: 0
Transactions
Transaction Fee Size (kB) From (amount) To (amount)
e61339a40a... 0 0.225 Generation: 50 + 0 total fees 1A1zP1eP5QGefi2DMPTfTL5SLmv7DivfNa: 50

Abe's a pretty "honest chain"...

Raw tx from that block same pubkey gets 50 COIN block reward as BTC 0...

https://block.d.evco.in/rawtx/e61339a40aa4e90e983fe0d64cf09eed5fa1e6eac227b6761f06ac7af1929baf

Code:
{
  "hash": "e61339a40aa4e90e983fe0d64cf09eed5fa1e6eac227b6761f06ac7af1929baf",
  "in": [
    {
      "prev_out": {
        "hash": "0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000",
        "n": 4294967295
      },
      "raw_scriptSig": "04ffff001d01044c595468652054696d6573207765622066726f6e7420706167652032322d4a756c2d32303131204575726f7065206861696c732027686973746f72696327206465616c20746f20736176652073696e676c652063757272656e6379",
      "sequence": 4294967295
    }
  ],
  "lock_time": 0,
  "out": [
    {
      "raw_scriptPubKey": "4104678afdb0fe5548271967f1a67130b7105cd6a828e03909a67962e0ea1f61deb649f6bc3f4cef38c4f35504e51ec112de5c384df7ba0b8d578a4c702b6bf11d5fac",
      "value": "50.00000000"
    }
  ],
  "size": 225,
  "ver": 1,
  "vin_sz": 1,
  "vout_sz": 1
}

https://steemit.com/base64/@novacadian/qctb6v]]https://steemit.com/base64/@novacadian/qctb6v

novacadian (58)in #base64 • 21 days ago
Wow, sounds like pre-AOL to me. 🤓

My mind started meandering the other day when contemplating having only power coming from a diesel generator (getting ready to get the house wired to plug it in). Thought that throwing a partial volt to laid out copper lines would not even factor in on power rationing. With the lit up copper then we could have local telephones connecting to BBSs via modems. Keeping blockchains updated would be slower yet so would frequency of transactions most likely. We used to proudly promise email from coast to coast taking no more than 2 days on TKC BBS. 🤓

Sometimes a slower world is a nice thing.

For connecting outside of the copper lines then audio signals over CB radio waves could be used using modem protocols. Read an article on it in the Sinclair magazine in the 80's.

Whatever you are. The value is in the people on the network and their longevity.

Can always rename the "Devcoin" file in my %APPDATA%/Devcoin folder. Satoshi had some similar workarounds in the early days. We're still in beta for a reason. Playing catch up.

Traxo

Activity: 568
Merit: 703

View Profile
July 22, 2020, 03:14:05 PM
Last edit: July 23, 2020, 11:33:33 AM by Traxo
Merited by Vlad2Vlad (33)

Since in FreeCiv we can save each game-turn, thus could in principle branch off different timelines from any saved game, Battle for Wesnoth offers the potential to create time-cadet operations whereby a player could change the outcomes of some turn on some planet and branch off a new timeline, if time travel ends up somehow sometime being discovered / developed.

I found the campaigns here https://add-ons.wesnoth.org/1.12/ (CTRL+F "mark m")  

It seems that newer Wesnoth releases do not support your 1.12 versions? Or I perhaps failed to set them up manually.  

On linux, v1.12 can be installed simply with the following command    
Code:
$ sudo apt install wesnoth-1.12
And to launch the game
Code:
$ wesnoth-1.12

Fortunately, v1.12 will still try and fetch add-ons from the server. Then the add-ons (e.g. campaigns, scenarios...) can be simply installed from within the game using UI. (just use "mark m" as a search filter to list relevant add-ons)  
Also there are some Android version of the Battle for Wesnoth game (Play Store lists two), but not sure which game versions, both 1.12 and 1.14 maybe?

Btw, these campaigns are basically a story telling, there is no "gameplay", so anybody can install it and try them.  

[Re: Do you really believe Satoshi is real??]
oh... and satoshi's real identity -> AI from the future that created bitcoins and funneled them into accounts so the AI has access to massive wealth when bitcoin is the global currency. don't supposed anyone wants to come up with a Science fiction story about "satoshi's true identity and why he created bitcoins?"

Install "Battle for Wesnoth" version 1.8 and look for my campaigns in its add-ons system.

Grab the one called "Between the Worlds", and choose the "Time Lord" option when picking which character to play.

When you are well along in your Time Cadet training you should find clues to further studies, not all of which use the Battle for Wesnoth software as their client software. (Battle for Wesnoth is more a way of presenting past events than a tool for influencing events going forward...)

Quote from: markm link=topic=2757.msg57252#msg57252
[Re: Is Satoshi Alive? Thread]
There are some interesting historical re-enactment holodramas produced and directed by researchers at the Institute of Chronodynamics (see the "Time Cadet" timeline(s) in the Battle for Wesnoth add-on "Between the Worlds" for info regarding said Institute) that have just in the last few years started to become viewable using Earthling technology that shed considerable light upon this matter.

I tried to start Space-cadet "Easy" version, and few sub-scenarios worked (perhaps due to my arbitrary story choices?).  
"Easy" version implied that the campaign story would reveal more information using the "hard" difficulty, but I can't get "hard" to even start, same error:  

I try to load the campaign it says Unknown scenario: 00a_Who_are_you

Within the context of the Galactic Milieu, Bitcoin is thought to be the national currency of the Hacker nation. Naturally this tends to cast Satoshi Nakamoto as a Hacker; some even claim he is an agent of an Institute of Chronodynamics.
It is suspected that "Satoshi Nakamoto" was/is a Time Cadet deployed by the or a Institute of Chronodynamics to effect certain changes in the timelines hereabouts...

These rumors are quite old:  
Code:
653 2011-03-05 07:11:24 <knotwork> exactly, in Freeciv is a "fictional" nation known as Hackers, with people like Linus Torvalds as leaders
654 2011-03-05 07:11:30 <Travex> Anybody can tell me how to fix the bitcoin clock please ?
655 2011-03-05 07:11:40 <knotwork> I am asking them if Satoshi qualifies as a leader too for that

3859 2011-03-09 21:25:14 <knotwork> bitcoin is not unique! it is a galactic standard technology brought to Earth by Agent Satoshi
3860 2011-03-09 21:25:18 <farzong> my guess is that there wont be selloffs until btc is like $10K
3861 2011-03-09 21:25:31 <farzong> satoshi is a time traveller from the future? intersting
3862 2011-03-09 21:26:01 <knotwork> hey I didnt say he is an Agent of the Institute of Chronodynamics. That is pure speculation on your part.

Is there an updated version of the campaign, or maybe they rely on saved games from the other 3 campaigns? I didn't look into it too much because it seems that even changing the difficulty would override the saved-game files.  

I wanted to see if I could find the earliest documents that mention Japanese nation inhabiting "The planet known as B29", a home planet of Brits, closely tied to Canadian C29, which I presume have the same "leader".
If Japanese history was documented pre-2008, then I suppose rumors might be true. The oldest such documentation I found was 2010, but maybe I missed something.

Quotes from scenario:  
"Well then, according to certain tales attributed to the Grand Old Man or one of his proteges, regions of spacetime, or times, places, or universes - etcetera - that some might regard as fictional can be referred to as fictons. It is from this that we derive the term fictonics. The science of fictons. There are, of course, some who regard fictonics itself as fictional, not least because fictons might well be regarded as fictional. I suppose a kind of relativity is at play: mayhap fiction is relative..."

"For example the Battle for Wesnoth software can allow casual observers to imagine that we are merely playing and designing games rather than working in or toward the fields of chronodynamics and fictonics"

"Earth is often used as an example of a fictional world that might or might not be located at the interface of chronodynamics and fictonics."

The value is in the people on the network and their longevity.

- I'm sorry, but... I do not quite see what desert planets have to do with human longevity...
- (Smile) Of course. It is an interesting case actually because many of the humans pursuing that route to longevity supposedly came from Earth. So it is a nexus involving both Earth and Irdya. If Earth is destroyed as the Terrador proposal would have it a huge war over a desert planet might be able to be averted. On the other hand if the actual means to the longevity does exist on some desert planet somewhere then as long as there are humans at all it is possible some such war will still eventually happen.
- The connection is a resource which supposedly is rather hard to produce without using a suitable desert planet."
- That of course brings up the whole matter of currency and trade. Economics, in short. We simplify such things in our software, writing gold for example even when we really mean local currency of some other kind. Wherewithal, subsistence. We tend to abstract such things to focus on other things. But in the desert world longevity matter we are basically looking at situations in which longevity is used as currency.  
- Time is money.
- (Smile) Exactly. A lot of people, it seems, find longevity far more useful than gold.
shtako

View Profile
July 22, 2020, 06:40:47 PM

It's been 9 years to the day since Block 0. It's hardly a dead shitcoin. Maybe just undervalued abstract coin.

Agree. But if they list dead shitcoins they should definitely list devcoin.  Smiley

Don't you want to buy some more cheap coins in a ltc/dvc market?

(Someone who got all the info they need have to fill out the application.)
Pages: « 1 ... 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 [420] 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 »
  Print  

Jump to: