Bitcoin Forum
February 19, 2019, 11:57:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 0.17.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 [390]
  Print  
Author Topic: [DVC]DevCoin - Official Thread - Moderated  (Read 936797 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Qtera

Activity: 132
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2019, 04:12:57 AM

I did not find the devcoin in Altilly.

Check these out: https://www.altilly.com/market/DVC_LTC
                            https://www.altilly.com/market/DVC_ETH

Smiley

Earn Devcoins by Writing
Devcoin address: 122fZgNs8jL72jbUFstnpvG6EE8GFJA2Xr
Steemit Profile Account

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
realdantreccia

Activity: 150
Merit: 75

ARPANET 1969, WWA1961

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2019, 07:18:42 PM

I did not find the devcoin in Altilly.

Check these out: https://www.altilly.com/market/DVC_LTC
                            https://www.altilly.com/market/DVC_ETH

Smiley

Amazing exchange, great low rates Smiley

orimar

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 06:10:18 AM

Someone explain to me the value in this coin, why people are mining and using it. How it relates to bitcoin, and why people should care? This looks like just some pure premine 90% dev fee garbage?

this is what got me into devcoin.

https://medium.com/@danieltreccia/angels-daemons-d8c57db2f18b

Ye.  He’s one of ours.  Wink

Load up!  

Can anyone help me with the Mac OS wallet from the dev website? its the gui version and it looks like an old version but i just downloaded it a month or so ago. it doesnt show my balance but on the blockexplorer it shows the coins in there.
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2019, 03:07:51 AM
Last edit: January 24, 2019, 03:37:00 AM by markm
Merited by FuzzyBear (2)

Because in the Galactic Milieu we like to be able to compute a "fundamental" value for an asset by adding up the net worth of the nation, civilisation, treasury, warchest or whatever that presumably "backs" it - the nation or Corp whose currency it supposedly is, kind of thing - we have been putting together a warchest to back DeVCoins themselves directly. Basically the treasury of some as yet unidentified Civilisation whose currency is DeVCoins.

It is the account labelled "DVC Holdings" on the HORIZON platform.

For years DVC has been one of the entities that has had loans out, denominated in DeVCoins, so currently the net worth is not just what is in that "DVC Holdings" account but also what is owed to it by debtors. As of the latest (at time I am writing this) Latest Rates include-file, the net worth of DVC is 9148766769.80688876 DeVCoins, I am not sure exactly how many DeVCoins have so far been minted but I think nine bilion is only about half of them, so this initial start toward "backing" DeVCoins is so far only enough to "back" about half of them or so. We need to double or more the holdings before we can compute a "fundamental" value of DeVCoins from it that would meet or beat the value reflected by the current Latest Rates file; so far we have not been using the "fundamental value" mothod of coming up with a value for DeVCoins, we have throughout history-so-far used actual rates on exchanges. But really, the current batch of exchanges are not realistic. We have had so many exchanges fold under us running away with all our DeVCoins that the exchanges remaining now are just silly. Thus it seems wise to move to using a "fundamental" value, hence this "DVC Holdings" account whose value of course now needs building up to allow it to operate as proper "backing" for DeVCoins.

The DVC account has actually existed for years, it is just that it has been on the books as a Corp having a million shares. What needs to happen now is we need to adjust its number of shares regularly to be the number of DeVCoins that have been minted. Which is inconvenient with a coin that has no known maximum number that will be minted.

This is just an initial calculation to see how far the current "treasury" falls short of being able to back all the DeVCoins in existence at their current purported value.

NOTE that the sDVCrate shown in the Latest Rates file refers to shares of DEVcorp (which has a million shares), not to shares of DevCoin. The initial lowercase s in the variable names means shares, a convention inherited from the Open Transactions server.

Unthinkingbit never seemed to understand why I always wanted to have a whole bunch of different coins (currencies), but this idea of each currency having a "reserve" of other currencies "backing" it is a large part of why. Look around this planet we live one, nations do tend to have reserves of each other's currencies, don't they? And maybe it is not even such a great idea for them all to use the same currency (the U.S. dollar for example) as the one and only "reserve currency"?

So I have always wanted us to be working with all the merged-mined coins, maybe also other coins too, so that we could in fact have, for each coin, reserves of other coins with which to "back" them.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
realdantreccia

ARPANET 1969, WWA1961

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2019, 05:42:33 AM

Because in the Galactic Milieu we like to be able to compute a "fundamental" value for an asset by adding up the net worth of the nation, civilisation, treasury, warchest or whatever that presumably "backs" it - the nation or Corp whose currency it supposedly is, kind of thing - we have been putting together a warchest to back DeVCoins themselves directly. Basically the treasury of some as yet unidentified Civilisation whose currency is DeVCoins.

It is the account labelled "DVC Holdings" on the HORIZON platform.

For years DVC has been one of the entities that has had loans out, denominated in DeVCoins, so currently the net worth is not just what is in that "DVC Holdings" account but also what is owed to it by debtors. As of the latest (at time I am writing this) Latest Rates include-file, the net worth of DVC is 9148766769.80688876 DeVCoins, I am not sure exactly how many DeVCoins have so far been minted but I think nine bilion is only about half of them, so this initial start toward "backing" DeVCoins is so far only enough to "back" about half of them or so. We need to double or more the holdings before we can compute a "fundamental" value of DeVCoins from it that would meet or beat the value reflected by the current Latest Rates file; so far we have not been using the "fundamental value" mothod of coming up with a value for DeVCoins, we have throughout history-so-far used actual rates on exchanges. But really, the current batch of exchanges are not realistic. We have had so many exchanges fold under us running away with all our DeVCoins that the exchanges remaining now are just silly. Thus it seems wise to move to using a "fundamental" value, hence this "DVC Holdings" account whose value of course now needs building up to allow it to operate as proper "backing" for DeVCoins.

The DVC account has actually existed for years, it is just that it has been on the books as a Corp having a million shares. What needs to happen now is we need to adjust its number of shares regularly to be the number of DeVCoins that have been minted. Which is inconvenient with a coin that has no known maximum number that will be minted.

This is just an initial calculation to see how far the current "treasury" falls short of being able to back all the DeVCoins in existence at their current purported value.

NOTE that the sDVCrate shown in the Latest Rates file refers to shares of DEVcorp (which has a million shares), not to shares of DevCoin. The initial lowercase s in the variable names means shares, a convention inherited from the Open Transactions server.

Unthinkingbit never seemed to understand why I always wanted to have a whole bunch of different coins (currencies), but this idea of each currency having a "reserve" of other currencies "backing" it is a large part of why. Look around this planet we live one, nations do tend to have reserves of each other's currencies, don't they? And maybe it is not even such a great idea for them all to use the same currency (the U.S. dollar for example) as the one and only "reserve currency"?

So I have always wanted us to be working with all the merged-mined coins, maybe also other coins too, so that we could in fact have, for each coin, reserves of other coins with which to "back" them.

-MarkM-

Great news!

novacadian

Activity: 189
Merit: 103

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2019, 04:59:19 PM

DVC Holders may be interested in a proposal being put forward on the steem blockchain for a system of worker/bounty approval/payments. It may be something of interest for the Devcoin project; particularily as the finalized code will be open source.

https://steemit.com/blocktrades/@blocktrades/proposing-a-worker-proposal-system-for-steem

- Nova

DVC Address : 1EfsiVUECqmR5Qx7C4PkmwadDXYuSGzssL
novacadian

Activity: 189
Merit: 103

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2019, 03:05:00 PM

Devtome seems down again this morning for me. Is this just me and if not why is this repeatedly happening?

- Nova

DVC Address : 1EfsiVUECqmR5Qx7C4PkmwadDXYuSGzssL
aowaow

Activity: 19

View Profile
February 08, 2019, 01:36:47 AM

https://www.altilly.com/market/DVC_LTC

Is this exchanges legit?
wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1025

View Profile
February 08, 2019, 01:47:08 AM

It's worked OK for me. Deposits and withdrawals seem to work OK. Test with smaller amount first and don't leave large amounts of funds on it until you get more confident, and even then, only as needed to trade.

DNotes Trading Bot - Simple · Affordable · Effective
Automated Bot Trading for Everyone
realdantreccia

ARPANET 1969, WWA1961

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2019, 01:14:09 AM

Yes.

TakeItEasy

Activity: 644
Merit: 258

View Profile
February 11, 2019, 02:27:52 AM

It's worked OK for me. Deposits and withdrawals seem to work OK. Test with smaller amount first and don't leave large amounts of funds on it until you get more confident, and even then, only as needed to trade.
The same.
Use this Exchange for 6+ months, no problem at all.

▄▄▄▄               
     ▀▀▀  █               
          █               
  ▀██████████▄▄           
    ████████████           
    █████████████▄         
 ▀██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄█         
  ███████████ ███████     
   ███████████ ███████     
   ███████████████████▀  ▄█
   ██████████████████▀▀▄█▀
  ▄███████████████▀▀▄ ██   
     █████████▀▀▄▄███ ██▄ 
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀▀▄ ███ 
 ▀███████████▀▀▄▄▄███ ██   
   ████████████████████   
  ▄████▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀████▄   
   ▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄     
.PIRATE (ARRR)......Invisible......Anonymous......Private.
.......................................KOMODO dPoW. zk-SNARKS technology. Z-transactions only......................................
..........................WEBSITE  ⚓  DISCORDMEDIUMANNTWITTERTELEGRAMGITHUB...........................
realdantreccia

ARPANET 1969, WWA1961

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2019, 05:06:44 PM

Just want to etch in history that I appreciate all of you.

IconFirm

Activity: 910
Merit: 522

Always ask questions.

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 05:16:25 PM

I'm not so sure, as I said on a different thread:

A "transparency focused crypto-currency exchange" that hides behind a privacy guard in Panama:

Admin Contact
Name: WhoisGuard Protected
Organization:
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 0823-03411, Panama Panama PA
Phone: +507.8365503
Ext:
Fax: +51.17057182
Fax Ext:
Email:50087b3f114a496b92446a54bd9904e5.protect@whoisguard.com

About as transparent as a brick.

Good point.  Still maybe be worth the listing?  Free. 

Sure, if you trust an "exchange" run by people you don't know in a place that doesn't exist & who's very first PR sentence is a blatant lie - feel free to throw your coins at them. Knock yourself out. You can get ripped off for "free" instead of paying for the pleasure.

Use at your own risk, but I won't.

Unofficial & Uncensored SYSCOIN thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4748031.0
Do not trust Yobit/HitBTC/BiteBTC/Mercatox/C-cex/Poloniex/WEX/KuCoin/LiveCoin/TheRockTrading/Bitfinex/Okex scam exchanges or ICO's by known scammers like HashCoins/Ambisafe/Bountyhive - they WILL scam you! Use due diligence & do research. Buy the coins, sell the coins - don't invest in stupid shit. If your questions aren't answered - don't touch it.
realdantreccia

ARPANET 1969, WWA1961

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2019, 07:19:17 PM

I'm not so sure, as I said on a different thread:

A "transparency focused crypto-currency exchange" that hides behind a privacy guard in Panama:

Admin Contact
Name: WhoisGuard Protected
Organization:
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 0823-03411, Panama Panama PA
Phone: +507.8365503
Ext:
Fax: +51.17057182
Fax Ext:
Email:50087b3f114a496b92446a54bd9904e5.protect@whoisguard.com

About as transparent as a brick.

Good point.  Still maybe be worth the listing?  Free. 

Sure, if you trust an "exchange" run by people you don't know in a place that doesn't exist & who's very first PR sentence is a blatant lie - feel free to throw your coins at them. Knock yourself out. You can get ripped off for "free" instead of paying for the pleasure.

Use at your own risk, but I won't.

Have used several times and the coins work with a few Devcoin wallets, show up in the same amounts.

IconFirm

Activity: 910
Merit: 522

Always ask questions.

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 09:10:52 PM

Everything works until it doesn't. Then you're screwed.

I guess them locking their ANN thread so nobody can post on it is part of their "transparency" too.......

Unofficial & Uncensored SYSCOIN thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4748031.0
Do not trust Yobit/HitBTC/BiteBTC/Mercatox/C-cex/Poloniex/WEX/KuCoin/LiveCoin/TheRockTrading/Bitfinex/Okex scam exchanges or ICO's by known scammers like HashCoins/Ambisafe/Bountyhive - they WILL scam you! Use due diligence & do research. Buy the coins, sell the coins - don't invest in stupid shit. If your questions aren't answered - don't touch it.
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1134

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2019, 02:34:26 PM

Everything works until it doesn't. Then you're screwed.

I guess them locking their ANN thread so nobody can post on it is part of their "transparency" too.......

They locked it cause some troll was destroying all civil conversation and started a self moderated thread instead. 

I was there.    Tongue

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
ctya

Activity: 226
Merit: 25

View Profile
February 17, 2019, 10:42:01 PM

Devtome seems down again this morning for me. Is this just me and if not why is this repeatedly happening?

- Nova

Nova, I am sorry that I missed this message a while back.
If you are still having trouble, please send a message directly to me and I will investigate your trouble.

Cheers!
ctya

Devcoin (DVC) : 1FjtLsD4w7uzGJCFKa7eMVrrauWE7fvnQU  |  Bitcoin (BTC): 18QBaNA9r383SPcFWE1W7kmZYKSUhTK9nN
TheDischarger

Activity: 13

View Profile
February 18, 2019, 12:47:17 AM

I seem to have lost my editing privileges again, is there work being done to the website because this happened before
Pages: « 1 ... 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 [390]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bitcointalk.org is not available or authorized for sale. Do not believe any fake listings.
Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.