Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 09:14:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 ... 144 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BETA][EXCHANGE][REALTIME] CoinEX realtime exchange  (Read 283597 times)
shawk08033

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 11:10:32 PM

...if CoinEX wants to be a business it needs to learn some business skills.  EVERYONE should have had an email in their inbox the moment a security issue was noticed which required the site to be offline, not a friggin tweet.  Then follow-ups should have happened regularly, with expectations set in the previous msg's.  If not you lose customers, plain and simple.

edit: not to mention losing credibility and allowing FUD to run wild.

This is what I'm saying. WHY THE HELL WAS THERE NOT SO MUCH AS EVEN AN EMAIL SENT TO USERS?!?!?! Wow.  I had a lot of various coins just stored on your site that I didn't think of touching due to trusting you all.  Now all the sudden I have to find all this out by trying to log into your site and following a twitter link?

Again, if you guys make good on refunding all the stolen coins that are due to their customers, I will support you going forward.  But if you're just going to pack up and leave and let people bleed out their ass, then the hell with you all...you're as bad as the supposed 'hackers,' if they even existed.  Would like to see some blockchain proof of these hacks as well.

The burden of proof is all on YOU guys, not us customers.  You are the ones running the business, and we're the ones paying you to use it.

I agree emails need to be sent out. I own a small pool with only 10-15 user and I email them where ever In feel its important. Like when I saw this I knew some of them used coinex as a ctm wallet so I email all my users and told them about it

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Todamont

Activity: 604
Merit: 273

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 11:13:43 PM

Open Transactions distributed market is coming soon. So glad I won't have to deal with this stuff any more. I lost 20 UNO and 5M CTM, btw, if there is any chance of reimbursement. It's like 0.2 btc on a good day.
g3raint

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 11:17:39 PM

+1  if you need any help with implementing/checking security of site / infrastructure  please let me know.

I can provide references if needs be Smiley

G

------------------------------------------------------
BTC: 1NTs92VRppSsSeYLAXJtP1SxAzBwYk8JeH
------------------------------------------------------
flipstyle

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 11:18:24 PM

...if CoinEX wants to be a business it needs to learn some business skills.  EVERYONE should have had an email in their inbox the moment a security issue was noticed which required the site to be offline, not a friggin tweet.  Then follow-ups should have happened regularly, with expectations set in the previous msg's.  If not you lose customers, plain and simple.

edit: not to mention losing credibility and allowing FUD to run wild.

This is what I'm saying. WHY THE HELL WAS THERE NOT SO MUCH AS EVEN AN EMAIL SENT TO USERS?!?!?! Wow.  I had a lot of various coins just stored on your site that I didn't think of touching due to trusting you all.  Now all the sudden I have to find all this out by trying to log into your site and following a twitter link?

Again, if you guys make good on refunding all the stolen coins that are due to their customers, I will support you going forward.  But if you're just going to pack up and leave and let people bleed out their ass, then the hell with you all...you're as bad as the supposed 'hackers,' if they even existed.  Would like to see some blockchain proof of these hacks as well.

The burden of proof is all on YOU guys, not us customers.  You are the ones running the business, and we're the ones paying you to use it.

I agree emails need to be sent out. I own a small pool with only 10-15 user and I email them where ever In feel its important. Like when I saw this I knew some of them used coinex as a ctm wallet so I email all my users and told them about it

After reading some of the previous posts in here and getting caught up, I think this was deliberately done.  This was an inside job by one or more of the coinex operators.  Again, things just aren't adding up, but unlike mt. gox, there currently isn't a formal deposition so they aren't having to present their facts to support their claim of a hack.  But they better provide it soon, because customers won't just accept some wild random claim about their stolen funds without something to back it up.  And street justice does come with a price.

Banks can't just pack up and leave and say 'sorry, someone robbed us at gunpoint..your money is gone' without factual documentation and records that matches up.  This is just unreal and unbelievably unprofessional.  I don't care if I lost 8 dollars or 800 on this shit pile exchange...the fact remains it was handled in the worst way possible.  

The 'events' are mimicking mt. gox exactly.
shawk08033

Activity: 40

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 11:22:54 PM

I hope to god thats not true but if it is we cant take any legal action. At least mtgox was a registered company.
MonkeyfuckingMagic

Activity: 3

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 11:27:33 PM

Sorry to hear about your troubles.If my coins are gone then they are gone, such is life.I will buy some stocks to show my suport.Hope to see you up and running soon.monkeymagic
flipstyle

Activity: 406

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 11:28:30 PM

I hope to god thats not true but if it is we cant take any legal action. At least mtgox was a registered company.

According to previous posts, they already have the location and real name of the site owner.  I'm sure there will be several people that might be interested in taking up a bounty to locate him within the Russian region.

I shall await for some PROOF to back your hack claims in the next few days.  Else, I think it's safe to assume our worst fears are confirmed and we held our trust with CONMEN the entire time.

Just amazing how much butt-kissing is going on in this thread and they haven't even provided proof of the hack.  But most of them look like new troll accounts created by Coinex themselves trying to do damage control.

Then again, the crypto community doesn't surprise me, they fall for IPO scams every day and never learn.
dbt1033
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 11:29:46 PM

I reallly liked coinex.pw...  It's a shame this happened.  At least they aren't giving you guys the runaround, takes a lot of balls to come out and be honest.

In the meantime, you guys should check out ATOMIC-TRADE

Here's a excerpt from an article about the site:

"Atomic-Trade is integrated with a high speed distributed cache and microsoft sql server enterprise which enables it to host a virtually unlimited user capacity. It also assures that users will have no interruption as changes and updates are made on a multi-tiered system. User capacity is virtually unlimited since servers can be deployed on demand within minutes. Having a multi tier redundant system also means changes and updates can be deployed with little or no user interruption. If a server goes offline more will spool up to take its place or scale back during times of low usage.

Security is tight on this exchange platform as it is hack proof. The password storage system does not store passwords, instead it utilizes a unique hash key that is generated for each user’s password.

In addition, with this extraordinary multi-tier system the actual coin wallets, database, and trade engine are only accessible by designated servers in the same private network. Only the final tier is accessible to the internet via a secure connection. A 2fa option will also be available provided by Authy ensuring users the utmost in security."

The owner also paid a web security firm to audit the site.

Here's the report:

Really sorry for your losses.  Give Atomic a chance if you are willing to trust another exchange.  They are as secure as it gets.
Atmeh

Activity: 51

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 11:32:22 PM

Bitcoin and alt currencies are risky investments as a whole. Never invest what you are not willing to lose. You have no idea how much I lost in the stock market during the banking fiasco that closed several banks a few years ago.

This technology is in it's infancy and subject to new hack / attack techniques on a daily basis. Hell, even micro$soft has it's regular patch Tuesdays to mitigate such things. And I believe their crew and resources may be slightly higher than Coinex.pw or ANY other exchange out there right now.
thimo

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

thimo the dev

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 11:35:25 PM

I reallly liked coinex.pw...  It's a shame this happened.  At least they aren't giving you guys the runaround, takes a lot of balls to come out and be honest.

In the meantime, you guys should check out ATOMIC-TRADE

Here's a excerpt from an article about the site:

"Atomic-Trade is integrated with a high speed distributed cache and microsoft sql server enterprise which enables it to host a virtually unlimited user capacity. It also assures that users will have no interruption as changes and updates are made on a multi-tiered system. User capacity is virtually unlimited since servers can be deployed on demand within minutes. Having a multi tier redundant system also means changes and updates can be deployed with little or no user interruption. If a server goes offline more will spool up to take its place or scale back during times of low usage.

Security is tight on this exchange platform as it is hack proof. The password storage system does not store passwords, instead it utilizes a unique hash key that is generated for each user’s password.

In addition, with this extraordinary multi-tier system the actual coin wallets, database, and trade engine are only accessible by designated servers in the same private network. Only the final tier is accessible to the internet via a secure connection. A 2fa option will also be available provided by Authy ensuring users the utmost in security."

The owner also paid a web security firm to audit the site.

Here's the report:

Really sorry for your losses.  Give Atomic a chance if you are willing to trust another exchange.  They are as secure as it gets.
Can vouch for this exchange, really fast and seems secure. It deserves more attention and more volume!

i can rent this1
anth0ny

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 11:38:29 PM

I reallly liked coinex.pw...  It's a shame this happened.  At least they aren't giving you guys the runaround, takes a lot of balls to come out and be honest.

What makes you think they're being honest?
johnngbluntzky

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 11:41:24 PM

Can vouch for this exchange, really fast and seems secure. It deserves more attention and more volume!

I've been trading at Atomic for a while now.. on one hand it'd be great to get some more vol there, but on the other hand.. being part of the early adopter phase there for a while longer would be nice as well  Grin.. It's a win-win for me whether people move over to Atomic or not. Grin Grin

Atmeh

Activity: 51

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 11:43:02 PM

Because instead of running off with the kitty they posted update within two days. Granted, much longer that I was comfortable with but given their resources I can imagine they had more important things to worry about and work on Post Haste.

Probably haven't slept in all this time.
Deacyde

Activity: 11

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 11:45:50 PM

Bitcoin and alt currencies are risky investments as a whole. Never invest what you are not willing to lose. You have no idea how much I lost in the stock market during the banking fiasco that closed several banks a few years ago.

This technology is in it's infancy and subject to new hack / attack techniques on a daily basis. Hell, even micro$soft has it's regular patch Tuesdays to mitigate such things. And I believe their crew and resources may be slightly higher than Coinex.pw or ANY other exchange out there right now.

I'm with you,

I'm not sure how many gamers we have here, but you are inside a giant beta test, I don't give a shit what you read, think or have had in the past, this is a test, the following noise is just annoying though Smiley

I read over, and over, and over, about people loosing 10 thousand dollars or more, I'm just trying to wrap my head around the fact you left 10 thousand whatever online in a public safe, keep your coins on your pc, and then back them up on a offline storage device, so if you are hacked, they are safe.

We all lost coins, but I lost what I was ok with keeping on a site, stuck in trades. I can only say that they have replaced coins in the past, and most likely will do it again, no reason to believe otherwise.

But honestly, we are betatesters, making money every which way we can, we can choose to work together or we can choose to work against  everyone. I can give you spoilers who will profit more, people working together don't have to deal with the shitstorm of people angry at them, or thinking they are a scam, you have much more time to mine, innovate an have sex, so let's work together, I'm horny....

I think you guys are rad, bunch of number lovers and tech geeks, come together and have a good time, let's pick our shit up, plan ahead and learn from this, and figure out how to fix things so we can then recoup our losses.

Think of this, they could of left when they had much more volume during the Olympics, who in their right mind steals from an exchange they own during a bitcoin downtrend?

Least would wait till it was around 1,000.00 USD ( now everyone will be scared around that time )

List of things that should be fixed in the future for coinex.pw

- Email users during major issues, or put the news site back up and force us to go thru it 1st.
dbt1033
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 11:48:13 PM

I reallly liked coinex.pw...  It's a shame this happened.  At least they aren't giving you guys the runaround, takes a lot of balls to come out and be honest.

Because they are good guys... you are all so quick to point the finger.  I know you guys are upset...but ppl have been joking about finding out where they live.  That's not cool at all.  Put yourselves in their shoes.  It's not like running the exchange didn't take a lot of time, effort, and money.  

If you were them, you'd be SICK at your stomach right now.  More so than anyone that had their crypto there.

That's why I trade with Atomic-Trade now.  More and more sites are being hacked, and at Atomic-Trade, this is simply not possible.

Plus, do you guys know how much it cost the owner to get his FINCEN MSB license?  He would never run off with your coins...he has invested an enormous amount of money into his business.

Gox, Poloniex, Cryptsy, Coinex...and more.  Who's next?  It won't be Atomic-Trade.

mcsean2163

Activity: 42
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 11:52:53 PM

Because instead of running off with the kitty they posted update within two days. Granted, much longer that I was comfortable with but given their resources I can imagine they had more important things to worry about and work on Post Haste.

Two days to post a response on a forum Huh.  That is ludicrously bad!

The message should be on their webpage instead of maintenance mode.

I appreciate Coinex could be under a lot of stress but currently Coinex are giving crypto a bad name. Roll Eyes

Here's hoping for a quick resolution...
dbt1033
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 11:54:06 PM

Two days to post a response on a forum Huh.  That is ludicrously bad!

The message should be on their webpage instead of maintenance mode.

Coinex are giving crypto a bad name. Roll Eyes

Hmm new account with 2 posts?  Very credible. 

TROLL ALERT

Don't feed him.
compmaster

Activity: 476

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 11:54:13 PM

Exchanges are such a joke. They are all so amateur.
anth0ny

Activity: 196

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 12:00:42 AM

Because instead of running off with the kitty they posted update within two days.

What makes you think they didn't run off with the kitty?

I'm sorry, but a note saying "we got hacked, please buy more stock so we can pay people back" doesn't give me good feelings.

Granted, much longer that I was comfortable with but given their resources I can imagine they had more important things to worry about and work on Post Haste.

Like deleting all their accounts everywhere?
papasmurph

Activity: 503

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 12:02:42 AM

wow and I was wondering what happened Smiley haha. time to get my miner pointed to somewhere else... but where?
However, either an announcement on the web front or an email to all users would have helped.. very disappointing currently with all that funny steals going on. together with the devaluation of alts its time to rethink the whole mining idea. almost not even worth the energy to spend time on it no more.

lesson learned, driven by greed    Roll Eyes

Hope coinex will make up for that or at least fix a little of the damage.

.#1 DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.Join Origin Pre-Sale.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
Pages: « 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 ... 144 »
  Print  

Jump to: