Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 12:17:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 ... 144 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BETA][EXCHANGE][REALTIME] CoinEX realtime exchange  (Read 283597 times)
OkieDoke

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 08:22:33 AM

so, i have lost all my zeit  Huh i only transferred in just 1 day before  Cry

Erundook has said they'll refund all the lost coins.
However as much as think his intentions are good, I don't see them replacing my 1.8 BTC.

I know some people had a lot more than that too.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
awais3344

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 08:52:42 AM

so, i have lost all my zeit  Huh i only transferred in just 1 day before  Cry

Erundook has said they'll refund all the lost coins.
However as much as think his intentions are good, I don't see them replacing my 1.8 BTC.

I know some people had a lot more than that too.

i will hope for all good. I cannot believe hackers emptied each one of their wallets. And they had all the wallets on hot storage. is quite ridiculous.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
NEOSCOIN
  +POD Developers +Active Community - V2 Coming Soon! Live In-App Trading, Live Pool Stats - IRC - Arbitrush Anonymous System soon!! NEOSCOIN
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
BotwinBG

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 09:36:23 AM

And oh yeah, what's up with the IPO flag on https://cryptostocks.com/securities/79 ? Unable to sell , was that, uhm, hacked, as well? .)

AMEPAY
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
│▌
AMEPAY IEO
▄██████▄ ▀██████▄
█████████  ▀█████
███████▀     ▀███
██████▀  ▄█▄  ▀██
██████▄  ▀█▀  ▄██
███████▄     ▄███
█████████  ▄█████
▀██████▀ ▄██████▀
AMEPAY LISTING
   ▐███▄
   ████▌
▐██████████▄
████████████
 ████▌  █████
▐████  ▄████
██████████▀
 ▀█████▀▀
▐│
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
rico666
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1037

฿ → ∞

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2014, 09:44:36 AM

Long story short - if you had spend as much money on security as you had to cover the losses, coinex would be one of the most secure exchanges out there.

But yeah, probably you are trading money for experience and that's ok. If you manage to keep it up (and getting it secure), you get my DIEHARD predicate.

Disclaimer: Not owning anything at coinex, no funds, no nothing. Just passing by and commenting.

Rico

all non self-referential signatures except mine are lame ... oh wait ...   ·  LBC Thread (News)  ·  Past BURST Activities
LTW

Activity: 25

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 10:26:28 AM

Update, evidence and detail please Erundook.
OkieDoke

Activity: 14

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 10:30:51 AM

Update, evidence and detail please Erundook.

Why is evidence that important to some of you?

If CoinEX comes back and all the balances are restored then surely evidence is pointless.

Why don't we just wait to see what happens for now.
coinflow
Legendary

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 11:02:49 AM

For those who want Erundook held accountable for various things like the loss of our coins - stop blaming other people for your own mistakes.

Erundook didn't put a gun to your head telling you to put your coins on his exchange. You did it because you wanted to turn coins in to more coins and the bottom line is that security holes can appear anywhere regardless of how much time and money is invested in it.

Look at the UK banks, in the last 2 or 3 years there have been at least 5 successful attempts and circumventing their security and they're just the ones the FSA have told us about because they affected customers directly.
We have no idea how many more of these 'hacks' have happened in the background.

Now fortunately, the FSA requires banks to reimburse customers who lose money because of something like this.

Don't expect this with Bitcoin and digital currencies.
BTC was designed to be anonymous with all transactions not required to be tied to any person.

If you're not comfortable with this and if you're not prepared to accept that all your coins are at risk at all times then digital currencies are not for you.

So it seems that digital currencies - or at least their exchanges - need to be regulated, too. Thus at least the coins, which are deposited at an exchange, are as safe as those on a conventional bank or exchange.

vauhoa
Copper Member

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 11:22:32 AM

The NSA and the "BEAST" probably at the origin of bitcoin is now claiming it's due by robbering!!!
bronan

Activity: 774
Merit: 500

Lazy Lurker Reads Alot

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 11:26:17 AM

People do not start asking how and why, even nsa, nasa, banks, anything on the planet gets hacked
As soon as it connects to the internet your at risk.
I said many times to people here that a good hacker gets in everything on the planet if they want, and many people posted that i am a idiot. A few months later this forum was a victim themselfs.
It simple if they can they will and if you challenge a hacker he will take up that challenge
In the old days they used gpu farms to crack security keys but i am pretty sure they moved onto better and bigger power as well to crack keys and security.
So long story short i will wait till coinex update us on the progress.
I hope he will keep us informed from time to time about this.

We all learned again nothing is safe from hackers, we all know if it has value others want to steal it.
Thats why every trade on the internet is a risky one, not only here but on ebay, shops, exchanges.
As long as the coins are untrackable to the source and point direct at the thief you never ever will catch the ones stealing.
Thats the problem with the coins they are easier to steal without anyone able to tell you stole them.
I  am not trying to tell that it would solve the theft issue because money has numbers but often thiefs get away with it as well. However some end up in jail when trying to use the stolen money.

For me Coinex earns my respect for letting out the truth and explain what happened.
If he gets it backup and it will be more secure after startup thats a good thing.

Kazimir
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 11:42:52 AM

Please stop posting FUD about CoinEx, we will issue an announcement within next 24hrs about how we are going to handle the situation.

Long story short: yes, our wallet server got hacked and all funds were withdrawn.

Please read back to the beginning of this thread, we had such a problem before and *returned all the stolen funds from our own pockets*. Before this hack happened, we also had several attacks that lost funds and we silently covered those from our fees.

For those who was stalking me at internets: thats true, i was trying to hide/delete my accounts. At the very first moment i saw zero balance at our bitcoin wallet i knew this was coming. And it scared the shit out of me. Hope you can understand that.
About me selling bitcoins at localbitcoins.com: thats true too. I have 33mh/s scrypt gpu mining farm, I have >50% of coinex fees + I get % from cryptostocks share sells. Nothing criminal here again.

So again, please calm down. We are not doing a runner.

The only way i can see to restore this is to sell more shares at cryptostocks to cover the losses *and to hire a professional security audit team to prevent this from happening again*.
Long story short, we're covering this from our own pockets again.

Thanks
- erundook
Thanks for this update. Much appreciated.

Would you mind sharing how this was possible, i.e. how you got hacked? In order for everybody to learn from this and to prevent it from happening again, either at coinex.pw or somewhere else.

I'm always curious cause you seemed to have your shit together and aware of what you were doing, security-wise. So wondering what went wrong Sad

In theory, there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.
Insert coin(s): 1KazimirL9MNcnFnoosGrEkmMsbYLxPPob
jdebunt
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2014, 11:55:58 AM

I'm sure the CoinEx team will fix the lost coins, it may justt ake some time.

I've known erundook for a while and he's as legit as they come Smiley
Deacyde

Activity: 11

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2014, 12:34:48 PM

That's image needs to stop being posted, it's a shitty way to try and advertise, and most likely the shadiest thing to do during a thread of an exchange issue, I mean go stub your toe or something, lol.

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k52/Panzerfaust92/headon.gif

Any information about coin dumps around the exchange world minus the Billions of LOT?
Paxy

Activity: 4

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 12:39:04 PM

I did not had much of BTC on my Coinex BTC wallet, but I will donate value of BTC wallet to Coinex to return its function as quickly as possible !
bronan

Activity: 774

Lazy Lurker Reads Alot

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 12:43:39 PM

When coinex is backup up i will continue to use them.
Simple as that and i am sure that the lost income will be recovered in time for him as well
As i was thinking i would like to have an option to store coins for later trading into a cold storage which can be opened in say 48 hours, i am even willing to pay a small fee todo so that way it becomes very hard to loose the coins.
And in a very moderate time frame releasing the coins would be still good enough to trade them.
Ofcourse people have to think carefull about the cold storage because if you want to react on fast moving value coins, the somewhat longer time to release them could spoil the fast sell.

Deacyde

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2014, 12:49:40 PM

When coinex is backup up i will continue to use them.
Simple as that and i am sure that the lost income will be recovered in time for him as well
As i was thinking i would like to have an option to store coins for later trading into a cold storage which can be opened in say 48 hours, i am even willing to pay a small fee todo so that way it becomes very hard to loose the coins.
And in a very moderate time frame releasing the coins would be still good enough to trade them.
Ofcourse people have to think carefull about the cold storage because if you want to react on fast moving value coins, the somewhat longer time to release them could spoil the fast sell.

What we need is a more direct approach to cold storage in a true form.

Even when we store them on our HHDs it's there for the taking, we need a real wallet, of course not as credit card slot filled as the old, but a real physical wallet we can transfer coins from a visual screen medium or even just send directly to a wallet wifi,

ever watch " Almost Human "

We need a " BitStick " - A USB, WiFi, Smartphone NFC-free bump Wallet device, the size of a usb storage device.

And Go!

https://i.imgur.com/FHFBDqy.jpg
deaconboogie

Activity: 138
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2014, 01:17:10 PM

This is a good time to remind people of the importance of paper wallets.

We made an easy to follow tutorial for cryptocoin users here: http://mooncoin.info/?p=129

It's written for Mooncoin but the same principle works for BTC and anything else.

CoinEx was (and may still be) a great exchange. They were the first to list MOON (my coin) after launch and I've enjoyed using their platform as it was fast and stable. Hopefully they bounce back soon!

Mooncoin: 2F4E859vh1ezhpdDnMZdcR4hS1gLn54ytf
BTC: 18S8XiKvFVhw6avx9tB21EHd3gNgomBFCK
techman05

Activity: 546

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2014, 01:23:06 PM

It may have been asked but if the user accounts had the authentication activated shouldn't the wallet storing have had something like this?

Is there anyway to store individual wallets if not already so we make their life heck once you've got your security in check.

I hope you squashed the bugs and are up soon.

Like the info address for potential tips Wink
BTC 1CL5BnNhdL2wDVmSDwMbW1cNhZew87CAPV
* http://www.miningrigrentals.com/register?ref=563
Deacyde

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2014, 01:48:14 PM

We made an easy to follow tutorial for cryptocoin users here: http://mooncoin.info/?p=129

It's written for Mooncoin but the same principle works for BTC and anything else.

CoinEx was (and may still be) a great exchange. They were the first to list MOON (my coin) after launch and I've enjoyed using their platform as it was fast and stable. Hopefully they bounce back soon!

I like the idea of paper wallets, but really this is my money, the future of everyone's wealth, I just don't like the idea of that being on paper, it's too easy to get messed up or even worse, I can only implement so many security features into a paper wallet, but a digital wallet that is not on my pc or smart phone a actual digital wallet that if it is stolen, I have the back up on a cold storage device that I can later back up on a new digital wallet I buy at the store, while the thief has to struggle for a thousand years trying to brute force my stole wallet since I had it encrypted with something fierce and layered.

I like the idea of using a paper wallet to transfer money to a family or friend, or donation at church, homeless or fundraiser for school, but to keep my vault of coins on? no thanks, we can do even better.

Where thou are you Digital Wallet Stick Thingamajig...
Nerull

Activity: 195
Merit: 110

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 02:15:32 PM

I like the idea of paper wallets, but really this is my money, the future of everyone's wealth, I just don't like the idea of that being on paper, it's too easy to get messed up or even worse, I can only implement so many security features into a paper wallet, but a digital wallet that is not on my pc or smart phone a actual digital wallet that if it is stolen, I have the back up on a cold storage device that I can later back up on a new digital wallet I buy at the store, while the thief has to struggle for a thousand years trying to brute force my stole wallet since I had it encrypted with something fierce and layered.

I like the idea of using a paper wallet to transfer money to a family or friend, or donation at church, homeless or fundraiser for school, but to keep my vault of coins on? no thanks, we can do even better.

http://www.mwave.com.au/product/sandisk-16gb-cz36-ultra-backup-cruzer-usb-flash-drive-aa62350?gclid=CKPt7cDknr0CFc1YpQodq2YAxQ

there ya go
anth0ny

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 02:16:15 PM

If your digital (or paper) wallet is encrypted, and you die or become disabled, then your bitcoin just disappears?

A paper wallet in a fire safe, with redemption instructions in your will, seems like a good choice for moderate amounts of BTC. For larger amounts you've gotta do something more complicated, though. Or actually trust someone with your BTC.

Of course, this assumes you give a crap about what happens if you die or become disabled.
Pages: « 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 ... 144 »
  Print  

Jump to: