Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 06:57:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 [100] 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BETA][EXCHANGE][REALTIME] CoinEX realtime exchange  (Read 283594 times)
ozycash

Activity: 288
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2014, 12:18:02 AM

People tend to forget all the work and dedication that erundook put on this project, for us to be able to enjoy alt-coins like we do today.

He was the first, 9 months ago to shelter new Alt-coins that were rejected by exchanges everywhere, as not being as "pure" as Litecoin and Bitcoin...

CoinEx has been attacked more than once, and always (at his own characteristic pace) came back and build stronger.  There is a reason why he is not on this forum everyday - we show it to him every 5 mins...

well said.
more than one attack in less than 9 months....that means erundook has not learned anything, one attack is ok and he should have learned from that about ddos, security, backups etc, but in stead he did nothing so attacker will just keep attacking all the time, it is easy money for attackers once they know the loop holes that never get fixed.

i was defending coinex at the start then as time went on with no REAL updates of what was happening i changed my mind to as soon as coinex is back up (if), then i would withdraw everything and stop using coinex
if others are like me then coinex membership will fall to less than 1/4 and it will take forever for those left to get their money back.

if hackers have broken in to coinex a few times in the past what is going to stop the hackers next time? nothing!

the best faucet instant payment

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
allcrypt

Activity: 350

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2014, 12:27:27 AM

My concern with it is there were NO details as to what happened, and, consequently, NO information as to the plan to stop it from happening again.

AllCrypt.com - Your new CryptoCurrency Exchange Now Open! www.AllCrypt.com
TheRealBurrito

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 12:29:12 AM

I was going to make a post bashing the people who just want to bitch and complain and don't understand that "shit happens" from time to time. But I won't. Trust me I really really really want to tell people off. The coinex crew has done everything right by me since day one many months ago. Flaming them accomplishes nothing.This is a new technology and has its flaws. Things like this let us grow and adapt so this doesn't happen again. I have A LOT more that was lost then most of you. A LOT MORE! I will do what ever needs to be done to help these guys succeed. When mtgox got hacked and lost millions why did you just assume it couldn't happen to anyone? I don't get you fucking flaming trolls but my trust is with the coinex crew and I will help in anyway I can to help us move forward in the right way. Keep up the good work you guys.
patnor1011

Activity: 114
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 01:14:57 AM

I offered easy solution right on start when this happened.
Those who agree or some part of btc lost can be refunded in coinex shares. I would be one who would think about that solution, I got something under 1 btc loss in btc balance there and would not mind to get part of that back in coinex shares if site is going to be functional again. 
crackaholic

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 02:51:25 AM

shit, i only had under 0.1 total worth of DEM, ASC, & i think i had some BTE left.......so, yea...im little drop of anything here, but id b happy with stock instead if thats gonna b option.  and gettin the pools back up would really help the cause startin to make back whats been stolen.  being able to trade alts ive been mining elsewhere would be nice too, i H8 craptsy!

PITBULL RESCUE DONATIONS - 1PitBULL3wtbKCtSN23HNi5JjvDRiWfakj
nyktalgia

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 03:51:32 AM

So we only get 50% of our coins IF we stay on coinEX? LOL... and if we don't???    Why the hell would anybody want to buy stock in coinEX at this point? hahaha  Seriously I might if it seems like a good investment, but could just lose it all once again like I already have lost 50% of anything I invested in coinEX.

-Redacted-

Activity: 574
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 05:07:50 AM

That is not what he is saying at all.  Go back and read his update again.
pd62512005

Activity: 56

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 05:44:31 AM

After some calculations we came to a conclusion that 50% is a fair number to resume exchange operation and if all the users wont withdraw their funds right away, we can keep it running using fee incomes to get the second missing part covered with them.
Joke No. 1?

Also, if anyone wants to donate to help coinex get back to life, here's the BTC addy to do that:
16Xs3TsZWwoRZnKEXJZh72FUrzWv7VKbn4
Joke No. 2?

Thanks for your patience,
- erundook
Joke No. 3?

to joke No. 1: Would you accept such an offer from your bank after this bank was robbed? Yeah, I give a solemn promise that all my 50% of coins will not be withdrawn, for sure, really.

to Joke No. 2
Please let me pay not only with 50% of my coins, please.

to Joke No 3.
Do I have any choice?

No date of refund? Can you hold the promise of "but we will definitely do it this week"? (I do not really expect any answer!) I am still have patience

biggest joke of all ^^^?

did you also complain when you lost your milk money??

it seems to me that keeping your coins in an online exchange is breaking the first rule of cryptocurrency? "decentralized"... hmm...

anyone ever say this site is a bank? hmm...

truly looks like this Admin is looking to do the right thing, I think you should accept it. I've had coins stolen from other popular exchanges at least this one will acknowledge there's a problem? Greedy ppl should get away from cryptocurrencies its not your piggybank. Im truly sorry you lost out, but maybe, just maybe someone has lost more than you and theyre still loosing in this deal?
pd62512005

Activity: 56

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 05:57:35 AM

I mean seriously what are  you all complaining about?? did you not understand the risks when you got into mining and trading currencies? ANY DUE DILIGENCE AT ALL?? How I mean how can grown adults act like little children when you loose everything on the riskiest "investment" out there? The point of these systems are to evolve and learn from mistakes until we have a fair and equitable bartering system, or system of fair value exchange for goods and services without all the greedy elitist trying to dip their hands into the value I create through my personal worth. I have lost here just like most, but as I have read what you ignorant people write I just cant stand it. throw your computer away and go mow lawns for extra money. When the system is perfect we'll put it on the news for you Tongue
Beggars

Activity: 7

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 06:57:45 AM

Finally. You're slowly getting the hang of it, Vitaly. Now how about that promised presentation you guys were working on you said was coming "definitely this week" in your Tweet? I understand this must be a difficult situation, but your silence has been your downfall. If you had been honest, upfront and above all communicated with your site users about what was happening, people would be a lot more understanding of the situation.

However, all I keep hearing is excuses. All words, no action. Answer these questions and maybe, just maybe depending on how honest you are in answering them, will people be more sympathetic.

1. Why were all coins sitting in hot-wallets? For someone to have hacked the site and taken all of the coins, they would have had to be sitting in hot-wallets, right?

2. Was there any kind of hot to cold wallet storage procedures in place. And if so, why did it not stop all coins being taken?

3. Was this second attack the same kind of attack as the first? Did the attackers get in and steal the coins via the same method/loophole in the exchange platform, and if so, why wasn't it fixed the first time?

4. How were the coins taken? How did they get in and what kind of attack was it? Was it a result of bad code that caused the hack, was it an unsecured server, was it an inside job?

5. You mention having spoken to security auditors, what companies are being considered for the task? Naming names won't be a security issue, so please tell us who will be doing the audit.

6. What measures were in place to prevent such attacks and why did they fail? Were you using any kind of firewall, was the site being hosted on a VPS, dedicated server, bare metal server?

7. AND MOST IMPORTANTLY: How many coins were stolen and how are you planning on replacing all alternative cryptocurrencies on the site that aren't obtainable via fiat? Will you just be replacing the alternative crypto in an equal amount of Bitcoin instead?
flipstyle

Activity: 406

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 07:19:20 AM

Blah blah blah.

Still ZERO facts and ZERO evidence, and not even a single word of which wallets were affected, (if not all).

Blah blah blah.
cryptojette

Activity: 291

POP Across the Universe

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 07:28:09 AM

Believe it or not, these are the kinds of things that Make Life Long Friends, If CoinEx can follow through with their Plans of getting everyone paid back they will have some happy people and create strong Bonds,

I know what it is like to have something that is your baby and it must have been truly devastating for all the CoinEx admins when this happened obviously all the people involved with CoinEx care enough to take from their own pockets instead of everyone elses to get this back up and running so I believe its truly commendable the actions that they are taking.

Think about how all of the buy backs they are going to do are going to lift the markets for all those coins,..

We need to start looking on the bright side of things everyone.

With that being said, I cannot Wait to get back on the chatbox and just say hi to everyone - CoinEx has been a vital part in all of this.

CJ

-^.^-
Crypto Jet
Popular Coin POP
Seidelin

Activity: 1

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 07:28:32 AM

Hi all

I really want CoinEX up again. I simply cant find any other pool to mine with the same stabillity.
Mining multipool.us now, but it is not as good as CoinEX.

I really respect all your effords to try to get back on your feet.
The easyest thing was to close down and give up. I really admire that you didnt just give in.

You have my support. As soon as you relaunch your services I will point my miners to CoinEX again.

The DigiCoin principple is under enormous attack these months. Russia and China has banned all BTC bassed coins and normal ppl are unsure and skeptical towards digital based coins.

In my view it is important that we try to pull together and show that digital based coins are secure and better to use then creditcards etc.

Sorry for the bad english. I hail from the great kingdom of Denmark. :-)

Best regards
Sean
coinitus

Activity: 24

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 08:30:07 AM
Last edit: March 29, 2014, 08:43:32 AM by coinitus

My concern with it is there were NO details as to what happened, and, consequently, NO information as to the plan to stop it from happening again.

I agree, The ostrich tactic isn't a good one. We stil don't now if coins were stolen that were not in the orderlist.
For all of you talking about the risks, there is a big difference between losing your coins by making stupid trades, or by having them stolen, and you need volume to trade so you put a lot of coins online. By now everyone nows about security measures,  so I wanna now what happend before helping out with new investments.
flipstyle

Activity: 406

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 09:53:18 AM

Blah blah blah
Blah blah blah.

Your mom is calling you for dinner... please grow up!

You are on the biggest gambling phenomenon ever invented!  Please act accordingly...  Don't force us to restrict it to 21y old +....

Nutride harder.

Great logic.  'Crypto currencies are the biggest gamble you could ever make.  So if you get conned by people you're supposed to trust with your money...then please stay tight lipped about it and kiss their ass.'

Well you can kiss my ass for all I care.  This is not YOUR money I'm talking about...so if you feel compelled to tell me how to handle my own emotions regarding the matter, then you can take your ass out of this thread and praise Erun all you want in your basement shrine.

People like YOU are the one of the biggest problems in the cryptocurrency game.  Because all you people do is turn a blind cheek and pretend like there's no underlying issue.  Then again, you're probably being paid to shill or hold stock in this scam fest.  There's always at least a 'few of those' in every thread.
imcloud9

Activity: 4

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 11:15:59 AM

Hi all,

We have managed to gather about 50% of missing funds in bitcoins, we will be buying missing altcoins with them this weekend. After some calculations we came to a conclusion that 50% is a fair number to resume exchange operation and if all the users wont withdraw their funds right away, we can keep it running using fee incomes to get the second missing part covered with them. We also called several security audit companies to do an audit for coinex. We're sorry for this to take so long but it should be understandable that recovering a business from this point is really ALOT of work. I am personally a rare guest at forums and other chats since chatting doesnt really help to get it back to life, it only takes time from getting the actual things done.

Again, I am personally giving my apologies for bad estimates about restoring our services, this is a tough thing to try and estimate time for it as it depends on too much factors, like altcoin markets not being deep enough to buy in alot of coins missing from our exchange.

Another personal note: as a try to gather more funds, I am selling my GPU farm now which is 24x Radeon HD 7990 and I will be happy to send it anywhere around the world and accept bitcoins as a payment method. Those bitcoins will go to cover the coinex losses, too. You can find a pic of my rigs attached, you can buy the whole rigs or just the cards as you wish.
Pics:
http://[Suspicious link removed]/UhYY
http://[Suspicious link removed]/UhXl
http://[Suspicious link removed]/UgWm
http://[Suspicious link removed]/UhIU

Also, if anyone wants to donate to help coinex get back to life, here's the BTC addy to do that:

- erundook
as I said on twitter I only had 1.3 BTC in trade when CoinEx went down which is all the BTC I own :/ and if I get it back I want you to keep 0.5 BTC to put in the funds to help with paying people back and getting the trust back so just send me my 0.8 BTC here 1P9NiYfavrZpgQdqtgikHF1jk3CRNE9cgf I will still use CoinEx but no way will I leave BTC in the wallets, I know there is plenty of people missing loads of BTC and mine is only a small amount over the amounts of others but to me it is all I have!
bema

Activity: 5

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 12:26:05 PM

After some calculations we came to a conclusion that 50% is a fair number to resume exchange operation and if all the users wont withdraw their funds right away, we can keep it running using fee incomes to get the second missing part covered with them.
Joke No. 1?

Joke No. 2?

- erundook
Joke No. 3?

to joke No. 1: Would you accept such an offer from your bank after this bank was robbed? Yeah, I give a solemn promise that all my 50% of coins will not be withdrawn, for sure, really.

to Joke No. 2
Please let me pay not only with 50% of my coins, please.

to Joke No 3.
Do I have any choice?

No date of refund? Can you hold the promise of "but we will definitely do it this week"? (I do not really expect any answer!) I am still have patience

Hi erundook,

after a night full sleep and some time with my kids I think my reaction here was not fully ok. I am still pissed about the bad and slow information policy of coinex. A first offer of 50% is better then 0% but I really hope that 50% will not be the end.

Sorry again

greetings,
bema
lihao1989311

Activity: 79

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 12:49:53 PM

Before this attack I lost all of my coins ,but they said my coins was stolen and has no relationship with them I lost it not them. Now I lost all my coins again.
lihao1989311

Activity: 79

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 12:51:28 PM

Why I still can not open it?
morefeeus

Activity: 11

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 12:54:27 PM

I honestly don't think these guys have gone into the Crypto exchange/mining game to rip us off, given the features their site offers (apart from the security). It looks like a labour of love...

The one thing they may put them off, is all the trolling and 'death' threats... And to be honest I wouldn't blame them.
Money has a nasty habit of bring out the worst in humans.

They most definitely have been naive, but I would say that also goes for a lot of people in this forum.
Rule No.1 in risky ventures don't bet the farm, you only have your own greed to blame.

BTW an engineering colleague of mine resigned yesterday...
He decided to leave his job on account of the fact he had made enough BTC... I only wish I'd listen to him in 2010...

We are in the very early days of something wonderful... So chill, and give these guys some more time.

(Blue touch paper lite...)
Pages: « 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 [100] 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 »
  Print  

Jump to: