Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 07:20:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... 148 »
  Print  
Author Topic: DRILLBIT SYSTEM Miners - Avalon range available - Now $104.99!  (Read 273599 times)
Barntech (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 02:15:14 AM

Interesting
I hope there's some mustache twirling going on right now...

Definite mustache twiddling going on. Looking like a second batch is pretty doable at this point. Just going over everything on our end to make sure it can happen. Seems like there is interest though. Shouldn't be too hard to fill out the next 3000. Stay tuned.

Barntech
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 03:23:21 AM

Interesting

Definite mustache twiddling going on. Looking like a second batch is pretty doable at this point. Just going over everything on our end to make sure it can happen. Seems like there is interest though. Shouldn't be too hard to fill out the next 3000. Stay tuned.

Barntech

Oh,absolutely   Wink   Make it so #1........I am #2   Cheesy

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
erk

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 03:26:53 AM

Interesting

Barntech
When I punch the first batch into http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/ and select Nov 2013 delivery, it's one of the few products to still give a positive ROI. There is such a fine window of opportunity with this ASIC stuff, if you can get the product to pay for itself, then you are laughing until it's running cost exceeds revenue. My point is that when you work out the viability of a second batch, as part of the process, punch realistic figures into the mining calc so see if it's worthwhile, before you get everyone excited.

console_cowboy

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 03:32:06 AM

Interesting

Barntech
When I punch the first batch into http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/ and select Nov 2013 delivery, it's one of the few products to still give a positive ROI. There is such a fine window of opportunity with this ASIC stuff, if you can get the product to pay for itself, then you are laughing until it's running cost exceeds revenue. My point is that when you work out the viability of a second batch, as part of the process, punch realistic figures into the mining calc so see if it's worthwhile, before you get everyone excited.

The good news is, this batch will cost slightly more, but arrive at an earlier date. This batch of chips goes for €67500 for 3000 and ships September 20th. Should put chips around $30-$35? I'm hopeful the boards will be priced nicely and let us get hashing a bit earlier for a bit more money. A compromise I'll certainly make on my next four boards!
console_cowboy

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 05:49:56 AM

I wonder if Barntech's buy will be considered "early October" for what BuzzDave is talking about here...
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=251966.msg3142462#msg3142462
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

Antifragile

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 06:14:41 AM

I wonder if Barntech's buy will be considered "early October" for what BuzzDave is talking about here...

He did mention this "First, there were only 36 starter kits pending shipping, not 54 as I previously stated (we hadn't updated the totals board since previous day's shipping). "
I'm not sure how early our order was placed. I imagine the difference above (18) would be the units shipped earlier. Any idea Barntech of where our October order was in the queue?
I doubt it was that early, but don't know.

IAS

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
console_cowboy

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 06:21:18 AM

He did mention this "First, there were only 36 starter kits pending shipping, not 54 as I previously stated (we hadn't updated the totals board since previous day's shipping). "
I'm not sure how early our order was placed. I imagine the difference above (18) would be the units shipped earlier. Any idea Barntech of where our October order was in the queue?

IAS

I think the starter kits are the single board kits he was selling. They ran short of the m-boards, so everyone's h-boards are hashing away in his data center and he is just paying his customers back the bitcoin they would have earned. Pretty good way to handle a small crisis if you ask me.

I'm not sure where Barntech's reel ended up in the queue, but I am hopeful that it was early enough to get our chips shipped September. I don't know how many people purchased one though. Honestly, from the sound of it, even these orders placed now might qualify for the September shipping. Who knows? We may not be eligible simply because the first reel was priced at around $20 a chip.
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

Antifragile

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 06:33:28 AM

IAS

I think the starter kits are the single board kits he was selling. They ran short of the m-boards, so everyone's h-boards are hashing away in his data center and he is just paying his customers back the bitcoin they would have earned. Pretty good way to handle a small crisis if you ask me.

I'm not sure where Barntech's reel ended up in the queue, but I am hopeful that it was early enough to get our chips shipped September. I don't know how many people purchased one though. Honestly, from the sound of it, even these orders placed now might qualify for the September shipping. Who knows? We may not be eligible simply because the first reel was priced at around $20 a chip.

Thanks for the info. Well, it would be great to hash sooner, but I'm not sure Barntech is ready for too early of a shipment relating to where they are with their board development. Let's see what he says about our order placement and the queue. "A New Hope"...

IAS

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
console_cowboy

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 06:37:02 AM

IAS

Thanks for the info. Well, it would be great to hash sooner, but I'm not sure Barntech is ready for too early of a shipment relating to where they are with their board development. Let's see what he says about our order placement and the queue. "A New Hope"...

IAS

Good point. I think that would be a big feat to get all of those blades and usb miners ready in that time frame. I would hate to see people hassling and rushing the guys while they work on them.

"A New Hope" indeed!
davmp

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 07:59:16 AM

Apologies as maybe I'm misunderstanding BitFury's plans, but I will be rather unhappy if they allow those ordering chips now to get theirs shipped earlier than those who ordered their reel awhile ago!  They should be moving everyone's shipping date up earlier and selling the extra reels for delivery AFTER those who've already ordered!
erk

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 08:01:20 AM

Apologies as maybe I'm misunderstanding BitFury's plans, but I will be rather unhappy if they allow those ordering chips now to get theirs shipped earlier than those who ordered their reel awhile ago!  They should be moving everyone's shipping date up earlier and selling the extra reels for delivery AFTER those who've already ordered!
Yes you did misunderstand their plans. The reels being talked about come from existing orders placed at different times in the past by different people.

davmp

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 08:08:54 AM

Yes you did misunderstand their plans. The reels being talked about come from existing orders placed at different times in the past by different people.
But no longer shipped to those people and offered openly for sale to anyone, aren't they?  In which case I still think everyone else in the queue ought to be moved up and these reels sold at the end of the queue.     But at least they aren't 'new' hashing power, so that's making me feel a bit better about it.
thex12

Activity: 6

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 10:43:20 AM

Just found this, based in Oz aswell and def interested in at least one drillbit board to play with if orders are reopened..  Smiley
erk

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 10:57:29 AM

But no longer shipped to those people and offered openly for sale to anyone, aren't they?  In which case I still think everyone else in the queue ought to be moved up and these reels sold at the end of the queue.     But at least they aren't 'new' hashing power, so that's making me feel a bit better about it.
No way, these are unrelated batches. Why should people who have to pay more have to wait longer as well?
davmp

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 11:05:35 AM

No way, these are unrelated batches. Why should people who have to pay more have to wait longer as well?
Huh?  How should price matter given that they were already asking new orders to pay more per chip?  And how are they unrelated batches?  Are they not the same chip?

This sounds very customer unfriendly to me and I hope Barntech is talking to them about it because of that.  They should have either moved our reel up, or have offered to move us up for an additional fee based on the difference to what our reel cost vs what the vacated spot in production was being charged.
jml25

Activity: 40

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 11:27:49 AM

Already have two boards on order from the first reel - down for at least two more to fill out the backplane if this reopens. Smiley
erk

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 12:34:53 PM

Huh?  How should price matter given that they were already asking new orders to pay more per chip?  And how are they unrelated batches?  Are they not the same chip?

This sounds very customer unfriendly to me and I hope Barntech is talking to them about it because of that.  They should have either moved our reel up, or have offered to move us up for an additional fee based on the difference to what our reel cost vs what the vacated spot in production was being charged.

Did you not read what Cowboy said?

"The good news is, this batch will cost slightly more, but arrive at an earlier date. This batch of chips goes for €67500 for 3000 and ships September 20th. Should put chips around $30-$35? I'm hopeful the boards will be priced nicely and let us get hashing a bit earlier for a bit more money. A compromise I'll certainly make on my next four boards"

Early batches cost more than later ones as a rule, that's just how paying of the mask and dev costs goes. What's more the first batch came from the US distributor,  and this one looks like  it's from the EU distributor, either that or the US have suddenly started quoting in Euros.

davmp

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 01:24:04 PM

Barntech has posted repeatedly that the price went up for latter reels too.   So, again, I don't see how anyone should know that higher price means anything in and of itself here.

Look at it this way, if you were physically waiting in a queue to buy something and someone left, you'd be pretty unhappy if the vendor found somebody walking by and gave them that spot in line -- well after you've joined the queue -- just because they payed a bit more.  Especially when the vendor didn't first go down the line asking if anyone wanted to pay a bit more to move up first.   Yet that seems to me to be exactly what's happening here.   As far as I can tell, you all just don't seem to mind because you're jockeying to be one of those people taking those spots. :-)

Unfortunately, my budget is shot and I can't afford to buy more Drillibts on top of that which I've already ordered.  On the other hand, if Barntech goes ahead with the plan to buy another reel for earlier delivery AND offers everyone the opportunity to pay the difference in cost and move up, I'll have no complaint.  Then I will have been offered my spot earlier in line and the decision will be mine on whether to move up or not.  It seems clear that this is NOT what BitFury did -- though to be honest, I didn't know American vs. European distributor issues were affecting things here until your post.

If I'm wrong in someway on this, I'm all ears but just saying higher price = earlier spot isn't obvious, nor is letting those go to NEW buyers first.
mokahless

Activity: 471
Merit: 256

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 02:01:36 PM

On the site (drillbitsystems.com) and on this thread, the thumb drives are listed as stock "0" but are still for sale. Can I actually buy them or is this an oversight?

erk

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 02:05:19 PM

Barntech has posted repeatedly that the price went up for latter reels too.   So, again, I don't see how anyone should know that higher price means anything in and of itself here.

Look at it this way, if you were physically waiting in a queue to buy something and someone left, you'd be pretty unhappy if the vendor found somebody walking by and gave them that spot in line -- well after you've joined the queue -- just because they payed a bit more.  Especially when the vendor didn't first go down the line asking if anyone wanted to pay a bit more to move up first.   Yet that seems to me to be exactly what's happening here.   As far as I can tell, you all just don't seem to mind because you're jockeying to be one of those people taking those spots. :-)

Unfortunately, my budget is shot and I can't afford to buy more Drillibts on top of that which I've already ordered.  On the other hand, if Barntech goes ahead with the plan to buy another reel for earlier delivery AND offers everyone the opportunity to pay the difference in cost and move up, I'll have no complaint.  Then I will have been offered my spot earlier in line and the decision will be mine on whether to move up or not.  It seems clear that this is NOT what BitFury did -- though to be honest, I didn't know American vs. European distributor issues were affecting things here until your post.

If I'm wrong in someway on this, I'm all ears but just saying higher price = earlier spot isn't obvious, nor is letting those go to NEW buyers first.

We are talking about two different retailers of Bitfury chips, who are entitled to set their own prices, in two different countries, and two different delivery times, and two unrelated queues are we not?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... 148 »
  Print  

Jump to: