Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 04:30:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 111 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Incoming Avalon News 8/9/2013  (Read 186648 times)
dan99

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 03:05:15 AM

Preparing his news release ? with tons of excuses probably.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ytterbium

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2013, 03:21:46 AM

It's already 11:21 AM, on 8/9 in Shenzhen!

ionstorm

Activity: 266

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 03:34:51 AM

We better get free chips or a partial refund/discount on the chips we already bought.  Or avalon will be up their ass in a legal shitstorm and barely any future customers.
augustocroppo
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 03:35:46 AM

My guess: there will be no news, no post, for at least enough time to keep all buyers in high state of anxiousness. This, of course, to keep the buyers emotionally exhausted, which reduces the chances of buyers undertake further action. The goal is to keep the buyers in a endless state of waiting. This one of the most usual tactics adopted by fraudsters when the house of cards start to fall apart.

I hope my guess is wrong, for the sake of the buyers.
kkooks

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 03:38:38 AM

My guess: there will be no news, no post, for at least enough time to keep all buyers in high state of anxiousness. This, of course, to keep the buyers emotionally exhausted, which reduces the chances of buyers undertake further action. The goal is to keep the buyers in a endless state of waiting. This one of the most usual tactics adopted by fraudsters when the house of cards start to fall apart.

I hope my guess is wrong, for the sake of the buyers.

very likely...

off to russia to shack up with snowden

Donate BTC: 1MLYhqB3kdeiAa291oPMWETMs6FPn8Bzzz
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 03:39:02 AM
Last edit: August 09, 2013, 05:03:10 AM by CoinHoarder

Of course he doesn't post any news today -.-

Not surprised in the least bit.

Edit for the strikethrough font. Yifu came through right after I posted this!!!
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4480
Merit: 1800

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 03:41:31 AM

You know how it is - you've been on a long plane flight - you've been drinking free booze all flight in first class - you get back in front of your computer you've not been near for weeks due to partying, whoring and boozing in Vegas, and it's like
"Hmm PMs and emails while I've been away ... oh well, guess I better say something before I pass out so I can ignore that crap for another week ..."
Wakes up the next morning ... oh crap I said "tomorrow" in the post ... oh well no one will notice anything different if I do nothing for a few days, they're used to that from me, and I am only a PR guy, not like I know anything about hardware or software and have control over anything except delaying deliveries ... ... ...

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
btcsql

Activity: 292

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 03:44:12 AM

You know how it is - you've been on a long plane flight - you've been drinking free booze all flight in first class - you get back in front of your computer you've not been near for weeks due to partying, whoring and boozing in Vegas, and it's like
"Hmm PMs and emails while I've been away ... oh well, guess I better say something before I pass out so I can ignore that crap for another week ..."
Wakes up the next morning ... oh crap I said "tomorrow" in the post ... oh well no one will notice anything different if I do nothing for a few days, they're used to that from me, and I am only a PR guy, not like I know anything about hardware or software and have control over anything except delaying deliveries ... ... ...

LOL! +1 millibitcoon
BitSyncom (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 251

Avalon ASIC Team

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 03:44:41 AM

don't you got better things to do like writing code mr. software engineer than waste time with some first-class-riding booze-drinking "pr guy" like me?

anyhow, update is live on main page. http://avalon-asics.com

hak8or

Activity: 172

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 03:47:24 AM

From their website:

It all begin a few weeks ago when we received an email attached with a PDF containing the person information of some Avalon team members in China. Extortion, a familiar tactic when it comes to the Bitcoin scene and business in China. Threatened to release this information public if we do not pay up; we choose to ignore the demands because the information is quite outdated and some even are inaccurate, making this a low threat.

Everything changed when people started to knock on some team members parent's house looking for them using the information found on the PDF or other sources. This called for a immediate reevaluation of operational security of the Avalon project. This is the main source of delays and lack of communication in the past few weeks. This matter is still on going, but a majority of the Avalon operation has once again been resumed.

Just as this matter is reaching its closure. WSJ prints an mashed article consists of rumors, opinions and pieces of various stories. Avalon whilst under NDA(s) are unable to comment on all aspect of the story. We will however state the following: We were indeed in Amsterdam on Tuesday and had a meeting with TSMC and we will leave it at that for now.
We would also like to take this chance to properly restate that Avalon will from this day going forward will no longer be participating in any form of pre-order, pre-sale type of business operations.
BitSyncom (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 251

Avalon ASIC Team

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 03:48:45 AM

From their website:

It all begin a few weeks ago when we received an email attached with a PDF containing the person information of some Avalon team members in China. Extortion, a familiar tactic when it comes to the Bitcoin scene and business in China. Threatened to release this information public if we do not pay up; we choose to ignore the demands because the information is quite outdated and some even are inaccurate, making this a low threat.

Everything changed when people started to knock on some team members parent's house looking for them using the information found on the PDF or other sources. This called for a immediate reevaluation of operational security of the Avalon project. This is the main source of delays and lack of communication in the past few weeks. This matter is still on going, but a majority of the Avalon operation has once again been resumed.

Just as this matter is reaching its closure. WSJ prints an mashed article consists of rumors, opinions and pieces of various stories. Avalon whilst under NDA(s) are unable to comment on all aspect of the story. We will however state the following: We were indeed in Amsterdam on Tuesday and had a meeting with TSMC and we will leave it at that for now.
We would also like to take this chance to properly restate that Avalon will from this day going forward will no longer be participating in any form of pre-order, pre-sale type of business operations.

lol if you gonna quote, at least quote the important part that matters, hint: there's another page.

eldentyrell
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

felonious vagrancy, personified

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2013, 03:49:33 AM

Yikes, that's very disturbing.  I hope everybody makes it out okay.  I assume you reported this to the police, of course?

Out of curiosity, are these threats of "give us all those BTC you collected or we break your face" or "we're pissed you haven't shipped our product, so we'll break your face"?  Bad news either way, of course.

Glad to hear you have sworn off the preorder nonsense.

The printing press heralded the end of the Dark Ages and made the Enlightenment possible, but it took another three centuries before any country managed to put freedom of the press beyond the reach of legislators.  So it may take a while before cryptocurrencies are free of the AML-NSA-KYC surveillance plague.
kmtan

Activity: 196

I love Bitcoin

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 03:50:11 AM

From their website:

lol if you gonna quote, at least quote the important part that matters, hint: there's another page.

YIFU, here you come, ready to annouce?

Stack

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 03:50:54 AM

While we have send out some chip orders, there is currently ~200k chips stuck in custom right at this moment for about 2 weeksTM now

announce the next generation chip

we knew it! you liars!

you took every stereotypical excuse and scam tactic in the book and slammed it all into one, reading this makes me feel sick!!!

CALL TO ARMS

CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 03:53:22 AM

Here's the important part:

Unit Batches
Batch three have completely left our hands, may DHL be swift in their deliveries. The refunds will shortly follow, this is the same for any tradein orders ( ran into issues such as some people were receiving their address to pay while other are not). we understand we are very late in this department of processing any customer support related issue, we will not be making any excuses, but this is literally the only thing left on our plate now. In the future we hope to eliminate this problem by selling only in stock products that will ship in under 3 days.
On the horizon are two new product designs, we are fairly happy with the batch 3 design, which will conclude as the Avalon Version 1 final design. In addition we will have a new 2 module unit coming to market and a 2U 17inch deep server blade slated as Avalon Version 2.
Chips

Chip Orders
While we have send out some chip orders, there is currently ~200k chips stuck in custom right at this moment for about 2 weeks now, this matter is very painful for us and our customers. As majority of the chip orders ( 70% ) totaling ~800k is made between early and mid-may resulting in a tight time frame to work with. We do have more chips coming in via different route next week which will ease this a little bit. (you can take this as chips will resume shipping by end of next week for now.)

Next Generation
We will take this time to fulfill a promise to announce the next generation chip 2 month ahead of schedule so potential buyers can make a decision. Soon we will be disabling the pre-order of Avalon Gen1 chips and only sell the remaining stock as we phase out old technology for a new 55nm, which goes on sale for immediate delivery at mid October 2013. This 55nm will retain the same physical dimension as the 110nm Gen1, only few pads were changed so getting them up and running requires very little change to existing design.
In addition, there is 2 more chip designs in the pipeline, we have decided to proceed developing Gen3 and Gen4 in parallel due to the long R&D time of low processor nodes, both of these will be a Full Custom ASIC design.
augustocroppo
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 03:54:05 AM

Wow, my guess was wrong.

However I think not all people will even trust in the shallow news you prepared.

So threats were made, but it was all right to travel to Amsterdan.

Roll Eyes
Tsukene

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 03:54:33 AM

From their website:

YIFU, here you come, ready to annouce?

he did read the website...

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful:
34qMeWBdbF47TH65SzWg9iva4M6KvWGPD2
Thanks in advance Smiley
hchc

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 03:55:09 AM

TL; DR;  Gen1 chips buyers eat shits Cheesy

.           ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

..           ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

Stack

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 03:56:10 AM

Are those $28 PER CHIP!?

That company is going to get a grand total of 0 orders. well done.. screw us all and make no money in the process.. hoorah

dan99

Activity: 406

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 03:59:24 AM

" We would also like to take this chance to properly restate that Avalon will from this day going forward will no longer be participating in any form of pre-order, pre-sale type of business operations."

Does this means you are doing refund and only sell when you have stocks?? Wink
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 111 »
  Print  

Jump to: