Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 11:12:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 [97] 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Incoming Avalon News 8/9/2013  (Read 186652 times)
ScaryHash

Activity: 529
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 07:28:49 PM

Oh look, Avalon and Yifu have "future products" planned, that they expect people to buy...

Really? And you expect me to be a "future customer" when you've screwed your current customers by not shipping product in a timely manner?

What happened to that "no BS" that you put on the website??

Oh yea, I forgot, erase the "no" part, and it would be accurate.

To me, Yifu is no better than BFL.

He won't be getting any BTC from me, I can tell you that.
Ytterbium

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2013, 07:32:41 PM

I thought it was funny, and I was bored... my tribute to Avalon & BFL
http://youtu.be/zKspfMkOnMk
 Grin

Maybe it was funny, but apparently it's been taken down as a copyright violation...

Xialla
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

/dev/null

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 07:35:14 PM

http://youtu.be/zKspfMkOnMk     (Avalon & BFL working together to destroy the BTC community)
 Grin

meeeh blocked: This video contains content from FOX, who has blocked it on copyright grounds.
ibminer
Legendary

Activity: 1824
Merit: 2793

Goonies never say die.

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2013, 07:36:41 PM

http://youtu.be/zKspfMkOnMk     (Avalon & BFL working together to destroy the BTC community)
 Grin

meeeh blocked: This video contains content from FOX, who has blocked it on copyright grounds.

Son of a... lame   Undecided   let me put it up somewhere else... I even left it unlisted to try and avoid that Smiley

flyonwall

Activity: 250
Merit: 100

RockStable Token Inc

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2013, 07:48:21 PM

NEWS(LETTER)!!

Avalon ASIC
Chips Delivery Update, September Edition

Due to events outside of our control, the delivery of chips have been delayed so far. While the situation are improving and chips are shipping, we have ultimately decided to revert our policy on no refunds and offer the option for customers to request a full refund(in bitcoin) if so desired.

The link to the request form is below, please note this only applies to orders made earlier than June 1st.

In other news, for those who decided to wait or wish to know more about delivery schedule will be glad to note we are receiving a batch of 400,000+ chips on Wednesday, with that we expect to be in good shape for meeting the upcoming deadlines of chip deliveries for orders made in June and later.

In addition, we hope to wrap up generation one, finish shipping the chips, construct the modules and build the 2 module Avalon mini, put this pre-order mess behind us in general and switch gear into 55nm production, tape out generation 3, and start work on improving chip design for generation 4. Only sell what we can produce in a day on the assembly line, and only what's in stock.

Here is a link to that latest Avalon message:
http://us5.campaign-archive1.com/?u=238a9ecd2e5192e3cd3ace26d&id=f4c48915fd&e=73ae78b75e

ibminer
Legendary

Goonies never say die.

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2013, 07:49:20 PM

Sorry to add more noise to this thread... last time I will post this here, hopefully it doesn't get taken down again Smiley

http://tinypic.com/r/jacjth/5

jimrome

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 07:55:39 PM

Sorry to add more noise to this thread... last time I will post this here, hopefully it doesn't get taken down again Smiley

"Transferring Chi"

lulz
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 07:55:56 PM

"this video requires flash" Sad

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
dmcdad

Activity: 302

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 07:57:10 PM

Yifu: exactly how are you going to compensate chip orders that are after June 1st seeing how they are already very late based on the NO BS terms of sale?
Tursk

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 08:16:50 PM

Yifu: exactly how are you going to compensate chip orders that are after June 1st seeing how they are already very late based on the NO BS terms of sale?

+1

June 1st is now exactly 13 weeks in the past.

itod
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1076

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 08:17:31 PM

Exactly. This June 1st before/later divide is extremely bad news. YIFU doesn't have enough BTC and he had to put the line somewhere. God only knows if he will really refund everybody or just shovel down worthless chips to us. I wonder how can he sleep at night openly refusing to refund early June orders when he knows they are already late more than 10 weeks. He promised to refund just few days ago! This man is amazing.
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2013, 08:22:40 PM

What are you talking about? YIFU knows exactly, to the single chip, how many were manufactured and who bought them. He has shipping addresses. How by any chance he could not know?

Agreed.   Manufacturing chips isn't like buying gas, or tomatoes.  You have a contract with a fab with legal commitment in that contract on both sides.  They know exactly how many were manufactured, how many were shipped, when they were shipped, etc.

Someone knows but who, was all correspondence with the fab strictly and directly between Yifu and them or did some renegade part of the "team" get in the middle and run off with some of the chips or what?

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
superduh

Activity: 602

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 08:24:49 PM

dude needs to compensate everyone who he royally screwed over or he will face the wrath of angry bitcoin tech nerds

ok
superduh

Activity: 602

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 08:25:39 PM

What are you talking about? YIFU knows exactly, to the single chip, how many were manufactured and who bought them. He has shipping addresses. How by any chance he could not know?

Agreed.   Manufacturing chips isn't like buying gas, or tomatoes.  You have a contract with a fab with legal commitment in that contract on both sides.  They know exactly how many were manufactured, how many were shipped, when they were shipped, etc.

Someone knows but who, was all correspondence with the fab strictly and directly between Yifu and them or did some renegade part of the "team" get in the middle and run off with some of the chips or what?

-MarkM-

if there is a lawsuit - this information will come out from the subpoena / discovery phase! all someone has to do is start a lawsuit already

ok
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 08:25:52 PM

Exactly. This June 1st before/later divide is extremely bad news. YIFU doesn't have enough BTC and he had to put the line somewhere. God only knows if he will really refund everybody or just shovel down worthless chips to us. I wonder how can he sleep at night openly refusing to refund early June orders when he knows they are already late more than 10 weeks. He promised to refund just few days ago! This man is amazing.

We need to start filing complaints with the AG of NY and Nevada I guess and maybe it is time to TIP the feds off on Yifu? https://tips.fbi.gov/

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
pajak666

Activity: 746
Merit: 502

Looking for advertising deal

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 08:30:55 PM

We need to start filing complaints with the AG of NY and Nevada I guess and maybe it is time to TIP the feds off on Yifu? https://tips.fbi.gov/

Any idea what to fill in the "Information" box? I think some sort of template would be very helpfull.
cardcomm

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 08:32:28 PM

The crap sure keeps getting deeper! I kinda like the idea of filing a complaint...  nice

Easily see your cgminer status with my cgminerLCDStats app:  http://cardcomm.github.io/cgminerLCDStats/
Did my post help you or make you laugh? Let me know with Bitcoins at: 1CQfpMHQ5zVuZ5i9uxSHSSx4J8ZhehSjn3  Smiley
pajak666

Activity: 746
Merit: 502

Looking for advertising deal

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 08:41:40 PM

I don't believe for a second that this poorly made 'newsletter' is real.

It didn't come to us, and we have a group buy as well as an account on the Bitsyncom ticket system, so who was it sent to?
Just a couple of friends?

Why it's not on the Avalon Asics website, and instead it's on some f****ng Google Docs?
No message from Bitsyncom user here on the forum about it.

The form only asks for the order number and a Bitcoin address to refund to.
No user verification whatsoever.
I know many order numbers... what if I make a refund request for all of them with my Bitcoin accounts?
I get a load of coins, and only our chips and a couple of other orders will actually be delivered.
Rrright...

This is so fake until proven otherwise.

If you signed up to avalon newsletter you would receive email with this link.
mail came from info@avalon-asic.com
ibminer
Legendary

Goonies never say die.

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2013, 08:42:19 PM

I don't believe for a second that this poorly made 'newsletter' is real.

It didn't come to us, and we have a group buy as well as an account on the Bitsyncom ticket system, so who was it sent to?
Just a couple of friends?

Why it's not on the Avalon Asics website, and instead it's on some f****ng Google Docs?
No message from Bitsyncom user here on the forum about it.

The form only asks for the order number and a Bitcoin address to refund to.
No user verification whatsoever.
I know many order numbers... what if I make a refund request for all of them with my Bitcoin accounts?
I get a load of coins, and only our chips and a couple of other orders will actually be delivered.
Rrright...

This is so fake until proven otherwise.

I also received this email... the same way other newsletter/email updates have come from Avalon, I did not place a direct order with Avalon but had signed up for the newsletter/updates at some point a while back.

In addition, the 'header' of the email matches the others... so it seems legitimate to me.

BitSyncom (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 251

Avalon ASIC Team

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 08:50:41 PM

+1

June 1st is now exactly 13 weeks in the past.

form says 15th, typo in the newsletter. I think half a week late is pretty good, if chips arrives on wednesday and we send them out no? if they do not arrive we'll work out something else.

Pages: « 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 [97] 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 »
  Print  

Jump to: