Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:18:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SRC] Securecoin | A Fast and Secure Version of Bitcoin | 2013  (Read 195266 times)
gigawatt

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 01:23:29 AM

Well. I've tried to download the blockchain putting nodes in the config file and adding nodes in the client and nothing works.

I'm about to drop this coin. Any other suggestions I can try?

Have you tried deleting your "peers.dat" file and trying again?

Node lists become obsolete quite quickly, but you can usually add pools as nodes to good effect.
If having "addnode" lines in your .conf files doesn't help, I'd recommend manually entering a few nodes via the debug window using "addnode IPADDRESS add".  I've found that gives it the jump start that's needed.

Lastly, you can try adding "dns=1" and "dnsseed=1" to your .conf

BTC: 1E2egHUcLDAmcxcqZqpL18TPLx9Xj1akcV   Ψ: AWHJbwoM67Ez12SHH4pH5DnJKPoMSdvLz2   Primecoin All-In-One VPS Setup Script   Quarkcoin All-In-One VPS Setup Script   Metiscoin VPS Pool Mining Script

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
RoboCoder

Activity: 388
Merit: 250

Save A Life, Adopt a Pet Today!

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2013, 01:26:57 AM

I am keeping my 2 nodes online on decent servers on 1 GB network allowing high connections and plan to leave them up for coin stability FWIW...
they are 208.77.217.7 and .8
gigawatt

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 01:27:42 AM

Huh, this is... odd?

Code:
getmininginfo (17:38:47)
{
"blocks" : 11329,
"currentblocksize" : 0,
"currentblocktx" : 0,
"difficulty" : 1531.37219079,
"errors" : "",
"generate" : false,
"genproclimit" : -1,
"hashespersec" : 0,
"pooledtx" : 4,
"testnet" : false
}

getmininginfo (19:32:42)
{
"blocks" : 11400,
"pooledtx" : 0,
}

getmininginfo (20:23:52)
{
"blocks" : 11423,
"pooledtx" : 1,
}

First, 70 blocks in ~60 minutes.
Then 23 blocks in ~50 minutes?

Bad luck, or did a pool crap out?

BTC: 1E2egHUcLDAmcxcqZqpL18TPLx9Xj1akcV   Ψ: AWHJbwoM67Ez12SHH4pH5DnJKPoMSdvLz2   Primecoin All-In-One VPS Setup Script   Quarkcoin All-In-One VPS Setup Script   Metiscoin VPS Pool Mining Script
longtampong

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 01:37:17 AM

Well. I've tried to download the blockchain putting nodes in the config file and adding nodes in the client and nothing works.

Node lists become obsolete quite quickly, but you can usually add pools as nodes to good effect.
If having "addnode" lines in your .conf files doesn't help, I'd recommend manually entering a few nodes via the debug window using "addnode IPADDRESS add".  I've found that gives it the jump start that's needed.

Thanks for trying to help out but ive already tryed to add dns=1 & dnsseed=1 + added ALL addnodes to the config but wallet still wont sync.
Looking at the thread it seems like 100 people have the same issue.
Thanks Baritus for a broken wallet release, ignoring all questions from users in it and then responding "its open source if you want it fix it", question is WHY was there no UPnp support in the wallet at launch?
Pure lazyness or well maybe less people wallet mining from start = you and your buddies hanging on the locker with major hashpower ready would chew through the first tens of thousands of blocks instanly, pretend it was a "fair launch", dump the coins on Cryptsy and pretend like nothing happend while planning the next coin release Undecided
Aggrophobia
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 01:40:38 AM

Thanks for trying to help out but ive already tryed to add dns=1 & dnsseed=1 + added ALL addnodes to the config but wallet still wont sync.
Thanks Baritus for a broken wallet release, ignoring all questions from users in it and then responding "its open source if you want it fix it", question is WHY was there no UPnp support in the wallet at launch?
Pure lazyness or well maybe less people wallet mining from start = you and your buddies hanging on the locker with major hashpower ready would chew through the first tens of thousands of blocks instanly, pretend it was a "fair launch", dump the coins on Cryptsy and pretend like nothing happend while planning the next coin release Undecided

which os? you sound like win7 , try this https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9cvOfoOekSdMm5hZW5YZGNVc1E/edit?usp=sharing
gigawatt

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 03:17:48 AM

which os? you sound like win7 , try this https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9cvOfoOekSdMm5hZW5YZGNVc1E/edit?usp=sharing

It's also probably worth taking a look at your router settings if you're behind one.  If you have to, set your main box as the DMZ.

I've got Securecoin working fine on both 2 desktops and a laptop, all running Windows 7.  The laptop took a while to catch on (about an hour), but it was fine after that.

My recommendation: stop fiddling with it.
Delete your peers.dat, modify your securecoind.conf to include "gen=1", then start primecoin and check on it in the morning.

baritus (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1052

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 03:30:50 AM

Or just use the UPNP enabled client if that's your issue.

Digitalcoin - Sha256, Scrypt, x11 Mining - Multi-algorithm & One Click Masternodes - Founded in 2013
ivanlabrie

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 03:40:37 AM

Man, I didn't do shit and the wallet synced...copied the long node list just in case.
Already transferred coins to cryptsy and all, I doubt this is a shady move by Baritus and co.  Undecided
r32godzilla

Activity: 1360
Merit: 506

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 09:03:37 AM

How about you stop whining and listen to some of the advice in here. You seem to be one of the few with ongoing problems. "A poor carpenter blames his tools.." Has to be something in your setup. I suggest you carefully try the suggestions mentioned previously again.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin.....ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..
█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.Telegram....
dadaguo

Activity: 21

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 11:14:16 AM

same problem here
jdebunt
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2013, 11:19:10 AM

If, for some reason, you cannot get the wallet to sync, it is not a fault in the wallet.

Make sure you have the latest version downloaded, followed every possible step put in this entire 32 pages topic, and then , if it still doesn't work, post a detailed description of what happens : any error, any messages, .....

saying "wallet wont sync" or "same problem here" isn't exactly helpful for other who might want to help you fix the issues.
FlungSpun

Activity: 414
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 11:24:07 AM

Any thread with 32 pages of "I cant get this to work" IS probably the fault of the wallet and a dodgy fail coin
thcst8

Activity: 392

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 12:19:17 PM

My pool has been up for 32 hours and going strong:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=270852.msg3045862#msg3045862

baritus (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1052

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 12:40:49 PM
Last edit: September 01, 2013, 03:30:37 PM by baritus

This wallet was compiled with the exact same settings as digitalcoin, so any blames on "UPNP" or whatever else people come up with as some sort of foul play are too idiotic to respond to.

I will setup a dnsseed in the next version to add an additional connection backup option. If you're not able to connect, you need to check that your ports are properly forwarded because the client no longer has IRC capabilities as a backup option.

If you want a UPNP enabled client to try: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9cvOfoOekSdMm5hZW5YZGNVc1E/edit?pli=1

Digitalcoin - Sha256, Scrypt, x11 Mining - Multi-algorithm & One Click Masternodes - Founded in 2013
longtampong

Activity: 14

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 01:43:08 PM

If having "addnode" lines in your .conf files doesn't help, I'd recommend manually entering a few nodes via the debug window using "addnode IPADDRESS add".  I've found that gives it the jump start that's needed.

How about you stop whining and listen to some of the advice in here. You seem to be one of the few with ongoing problems. "A poor carpenter blames his tools.." Has to be something in your setup. I suggest you carefully try the suggestions mentioned previously again.

"one of the few" dude have you actually read this thread or are you just plain ignorant!?
its 100+ people with the exact same issue in this thread alone..
Intentionally broken at launch to pave way for a "fair launch".
15+ other wallets works flawless, this one does not - period!
techbytes
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1054

Point. Click. Blockchain

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 02:13:48 PM

If having "addnode" lines in your .conf files doesn't help, I'd recommend manually entering a few nodes via the debug window using "addnode IPADDRESS add".  I've found that gives it the jump start that's needed.

"one of the few" dude have you actually read this thread or are you just plain ignorant!?
its 100+ people with the exact same issue in this thread alone..
Intentionally broken at launch to pave way for a "fair launch".
15+ other wallets works flawless, this one does not - period!

I think you are the one who needs to read this entire thread instead of just looking.  There are less than 20 people with connection problems and 4 of those 20 have since resolved the issue.  I'm sure other have as well but didn't update their status.  So by looking through the thread, you are able to tell that 100+ people have the exact same issue as you.  Now if you focus all that energy to troubleshooting your connection issue, you might be able to get it working. 

-tb-

jdebunt
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2013, 03:37:49 PM
Last edit: September 01, 2013, 05:01:14 PM by jdebunt

Any thread with 32 pages of "I cant get this to work" IS probably the fault of the wallet and a dodgy fail coin

"I can't get this to work" still isn't an accurate description of the problem you're having.

Your input in this topic so far has also been incredibly impressive.
turtle83

Activity: 322

Supersonic

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2013, 04:04:05 PM

this coin sucks. i can get it to work Wink

cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 04:09:15 PM

unless the price kind of goes 10 fold then getting it to work shouldn't  be a major concern unless  you have access to free hardware and electricity. If you just want the coins buying them is probably way cheaper. Can pick up 100 for 7 dollars that's 20 blocks. Mining that on anything other than free hardware probably costs more.

igysa

Activity: 196

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 05:49:35 PM

Question, as I’m not familiar with this type of mining..
If i mine with the minerd and it’’s bat file is:

minerd64_sse4 -a quark -o http://127.0.0.1:12568 --userpass=x:xxx

and SRC wallet conf is:

rpcuser=x
rpcpassword=xxx
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcport=12568
port=12567
daemon=1
server=1
addnode=24.222.191.37
addnode=71.187.248.95
addnode=71.77.233.192
addnode=54.234.172.139
addnode=86.2.171.203
addnode=208.77.217.7
addnode=208.77.217.8

the wallet of course must be opened for this to connect, and I see only hashrates of the CPU threads in minerd cmd prompt.. and Balance is 0.00 until I found a block only or I’m wrong ? Is this how it should be, my config and minerd bat are good  ?

BTC 1Hm2qSb1XZ8iAuogEqCBod17KQPHepjwF
LTC LWu3fAQuw36UVm6vASQgk6yQjgLgKmeWPD
YAC YKVQi33Jv7UaBtStgTDiCB2uL6vsYdX7be
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 »
  Print  

Jump to: