Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 11:01:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 [169] 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 ... 367 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Black Arrow 28nm 100Ghash Bitcoin ASIC from $0.49/GH/s  (Read 786814 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2014, 09:02:39 PM

If they were to match their competitors, like say KNC, they'd have to match 2 TH/s since KNC sent out an additional 3 TH/s for compensation(frankenjup issues aside).

This is exactly what they're trying to emulate.  Not sure what you read this as.

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
sirsmokesalot

Activity: 767
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 09:12:26 PM

If they were to match their competitors, like say KNC, they'd have to match 2 TH/s since KNC sent out an additional 3 TH/s for compensation(frankenjup issues aside).

This is exactly what they're trying to emulate.  Not sure what you read this as.

No, when they first came out saying what they were doing in september, they had THE best prices you could find for hardware. Even though they were predicting Feb del, If they delivered then, it would have been still pretty awesome, but i don't think anyone saw bitmain coming out. I know if i had, i would have just saved my money for them.

That promise to me means that they were to keep that same type of edge on their competition. If The going rate for one ant miner that hashes at 200ghs (lets use nice numbers for arguments sake, and they are def capable of doing 200 no issues) is 200 dollars, that is a dollar a gh/s. At 279+ dollars for 100 gh/s from black arrow, clearly the antminer is the better deal. To me black arrow means that they will either drop th price down to 99 dollars for each x-1 to stay competitive, yeah right, or give the people who ordered either cloud hashing or equipment that does the same thing.

The price thing has nothing to do with KNC doing what they did with compensation.

When they say match they mean match what ever is FOR SALE from the competitors.

If you are really having issues with this, good luck with the rest of your life man   Shocked

We can't grow when we won't criticize ourselves!
-->>>Unobtanium - The crypto you keep!<<<--
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 09:50:08 PM

No, when they first came out saying what they were doing in september, they had THE best prices you could find for hardware. Even though they were predicting Feb del, If they delivered then, it would have been still pretty awesome, but i don't think anyone saw bitmain coming out. I know if i had, i would have just saved my money for them.

That promise to me means that they were to keep that same type of edge on their competition. If The going rate for one ant miner that hashes at 200ghs (lets use nice numbers for arguments sake, and they are def capable of doing 200 no issues) is 200 dollars, that is a dollar a gh/s. At 279+ dollars for 100 gh/s from black arrow, clearly the antminer is the better deal. To me black arrow means that they will either drop th price down to 99 dollars for each x-1 to stay competitive, yeah right, or give the people who ordered either cloud hashing or equipment that does the same thing.

The price thing has nothing to do with KNC doing what they did with compensation.

If you are really having issues with this, good luck with the rest of your life man   Shocked

S1 is more like $300 after psu. The main thing to compare is $/gh. Even after KNC's compensation of doubling the hashrate it is still only $2/gh which is shit considering it is shipping in 2+ months. Compare that to BA $1.7/gh shipping in a few weeks. S1 is still slightly better at $1.5/gh but we still don't know the final specs on the minion and the final compensation plan.
terrapinflyer

Activity: 602

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 10:00:39 PM

S1 is more like $300 after psu. The main thing to compare is $/gh. Even after KNC's compensation of doubling the hashrate it is still only $2/gh which is shit considering it is shipping in 2+ months. Compare that to BA $1.7/gh shipping in a few weeks. S1 is still slightly better at $1.5/gh but we still don't know the final specs on the minion and the final compensation plan.

Not for noting but my ants run on PSU's that cost $10 each.
jimmothy

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 10:04:32 PM

Really? Got a link?

Cheapest ive seen is $20 for a sever psu without the adapter. MS is selling the combo for $60.
ChuckBuck

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2014, 10:05:34 PM

My life is just fine man.

If you don't think them scrapping the hosting for sending actual mining equipment isn't a reaction to what KNC is doing, then you have blinders man.

Competitor = KNC

They can't compete with Bitmain, they're already beat by them.  Over 20% of the mining equipment out there.

X-1 is a dud, Ant S1's got them beat every which way, especially undervolted.

They can only compete with the the over 2 TH/s crowd, so that leaves KNC.  KNC scrapped plan B hosting and sent Frankenjup's.

Black Arrow scrapped hosting and are sending equipment instead.

Reading comprehension, sometimes it's a good quality to have.

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
ChuckBuck

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2014, 10:18:12 PM

Really? Got a link?

Cheapest ive seen is $20 for a sever psu without the adapter. MS is selling the combo for $60.

Pretty sure tzortz has a whole thread dedicated to diy psu for cheap:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=518013.0

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
jimmothy

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 10:32:46 PM

If you don't think them scrapping the hosting for sending actual mining equipment isn't a reaction to what KNC is doing, then you have blinders man.

Competitor = KNC

They can't compete with Bitmain, they're already beat by them.  Over 20% of the mining equipment out there.

They can only compete with the the over 2 TH/s crowd, so that leaves KNC.  KNC scrapped plan B hosting and sent Frankenjup's.

Why would BA care about kncs overpriced and overdelayed hardware? Also when did knc scrap plan b hosting? Afaik they still plan on hosting late neptunes in june.

Maybe the increased comp has to do with one of the other 10 companies which are actually shipping competitively priced hardware?

And how has bitmain beat them in every way? Blackarrows $1.7/gh is quite a bit cheaper than an s2 at $2.5/gh and quite a bit more efficient than an s1 $1.5/gh.

Really? Got a link?

Somehow missed that thread. I'll admit that even though that looks pretty sketchy it is insanely cheap. So $25 for the psu/parts would mean an s1 would be $1.25/gh at 200gh or about $1.8/gh at 140gh (matching minion efficiency of about 1.2w/gh)
ChuckBuck

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2014, 10:43:17 PM

Competitor = KNC

Why would BA care about kncs overpriced and overdelayed hardware? Also when did knc scrap plan b hosting? Afaik they still plan on hosting late neptunes in june.

Maybe the increased comp has to do with one of the other 10 companies which are actually shipping competitively priced hardware?

And how has bitmain beat them in every way? Blackarrows $1.7/gh is quite a bit cheaper than an s2 at $2.5/gh and quite a bit more efficient than an s1 $1.5/gh.

Really? Got a link?

Somehow missed that thread. I'll admit that even though that looks pretty sketchy it is insanely cheap. So $25 for the psu/parts would mean an s1 would be $1.25/gh at 200gh or about $1.8/gh at 140gh (matching minion efficiency of about 1.2w/gh)

You're only right about one thing.

They have to provide compensation to its customers just to stay in business.

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
jimmothy

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 11:00:51 PM

Did knc really scrap the plan b hosting? I can't see them shipping neptunes by june.
ChuckBuck

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2014, 11:23:47 PM

Did knc really scrap the plan b hosting? I can't see them shipping neptunes by june.

I guess it's still there for whoever didn't go the refund or Frankenjup route.

Either way I'm just hoping BA does right by its customers.

Up the hash and give the PSU's for free, that's fair.

Once they finally ship batch 1 and 2, do daily price cuts ala Bitmain and offer tons of coupons.

That's how you make up the delay.

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
tempestb

Activity: 729

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 11:24:23 PM

All of this arguing is just mental masturbation.  Until Black Arrow gives us final specs, shipping date, and final compensation plan, there is nothing new.

I think people try to post in here thinking BA is reading the threads and are going to say, "Yeah, you know, this guy makes a good point we should probably double the hash rate, give everyone free shipping and PSU's, give the single X1 owners a free extra unit, improve the compensation to the batch 2 users so they don't feel left out, and provide free chocolates in the box for their significant others who are neglected."  

When in reality, they are busy working and trying to get people the miners and aren't reading this thread.  They want to get us these things so they can sell MORE of these things and start making money.  Hopefully soon Bobsag or whatever will be there and will tell us the state-of-affairs and how things are going, or he'll be asking us for ransom money so he can be set free.  Either way, it's better to wait for those things than to just sit and argue don't you think?

I suggest doing something fun or nice.  Considering taking your Mom out for Mother's Day or go visit her grave/tomb/urn/sea burial site/last known whereabouts and enjoy the people around you while you can.  

Nothing is going to change until it changes.

1D7JwRnoungL1YQy7sJMsqmA8BHkPcKGDJ
We mine as we dream...  Alone
tuaris

Activity: 765

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2014, 11:26:31 PM

Really? Got a link?

I see all these DIY topics that hack together stuff only to save you very little once you factor in time and effort.  In the end however I would rather pay a little extra for a quality power supply than for something that may end up being a fire hazard.

david105396

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 12:00:23 AM

Tempestb, all the posts made in this thread are being read by me personally Smiley.

Black Arrow Support
bobsag3

Activity: 546

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 12:09:14 AM

Tempestb, all the posts made in this thread are being read by me personally Smiley.

And me.

Should I start the ransom fund?
JeffZwolle

Activity: 81

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2014, 12:26:27 AM

Black Arrow Software,

I want to order the extra PSU for the X-3.
http://www.blackarrowsoftware.com/store/power1.html

I find it strange that I have to pay an extra US$ 40 for shipping while this extra PSU can also be shipped together with the X-3 units.
Is it possible that the extra PSU can be shipped together with the X3 units to save on shippingcosts?

Donations are always welcome :-)
1C447F2zd9KdoRCpi8mMAYNiLqqh3JDsiY
Pistachio
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 01:02:25 AM

Black Arrow Software,

I want to order the extra PSU for the X-3.
http://www.blackarrowsoftware.com/store/power1.html

I find it strange that I have to pay an extra US$ 40 for shipping while this extra PSU can also be shipped together with the X-3 units.
Is it possible that the extra PSU can be shipped together with the X3 units to save on shippingcosts?

I am in the same boat, but I think Blackarrow should confirm that they are actually shipping the compensation units with the original orders. Otherwise, I suspect we will not see them for another 2 months. Then it may not be worth buying their overpriced PSUs.
tempestb

Activity: 729

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 02:32:29 AM

From what I gather David, you and Bobsag3 are not the guys in China working on the miners.  I know Bobsag3 is a reseller and is currently out there (Or on his way) to find out information.  I think David that you're in Europe?  At least you were.  I'm sure you can get more info than we can, but given that you make maybe one post a day, I dunno how useful that has been to quell the arguing and confusion that has spread since the last power announcement.  Hopefully Bobsag3 can make heads or tails of it.

If however, Bobsag3 is captured, I've heard that Bobsag4 will be activated and sent in.  The David models have a higher degree of failure based on their current activation number.

1D7JwRnoungL1YQy7sJMsqmA8BHkPcKGDJ
We mine as we dream...  Alone
david105396

Activity: 82

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 04:52:53 AM

Haha. I chose on what I will respond and when, but mainly stay in the back ground a bit.

Black Arrow Support
nexus99
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 05:51:50 AM

I was worried these would ship while I was on vacation... guess I didnt have to worry after all.
Pages: « 1 ... 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 [169] 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 ... 367 »
  Print  

Jump to: