Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:46:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 [215] 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 ... 508 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ActiveMining] The Official Active Mining Discussion Thread [Self-Moderated]  (Read 771073 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
zumzero

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2013, 11:41:27 PM
Last edit: December 02, 2013, 11:55:51 PM by zumzero

You have a distorted view of Ken and that's something I think we can all agree on.  So what's the point in my responding?  

Get over your obsession with Ken, drop the agenda and perhaps we can talk like adults.

The focus on hardware sales is stupid..
you have created a machine that essentially prints $10 dollar bills
and now that bitcoin as has gone up, you are building a machine that prints $100 dollar bills instead

Good point.  The machines have become more desirable and more people want in.

Perhaps not so stupid after all.

https://mybitcoin.garden
Bitcoin game where you can earn up to 220% on each planted garden!
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
crumbs

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 11:59:12 PM
Last edit: December 03, 2013, 09:34:32 AM by crumbs

The focus on hardware sales is stupid..
you have created a machine that essentially prints $10 dollar bills
and now that bitcoin as has gone up, you are building a machine that prints $100 dollar bills instead

Good point.  The machines have become more desirable and more people want in.

Perhaps not so stupid after all.

Not so stupid if the price went up x10.  It did not.  If i thought for a second that you're being sincere, i'd make my millions by putting you in a sideshow as "World's Dumbest Man."
crumbs

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 12:00:16 AM

So who else remembered what real life was like for a few days there with no bitcointalk to sit infront of all day?

this is my bitcointalk reality -

haven't missed a thing, apparently.

Only that your stock tanked & you're dead broke, otherwise no.
Matt_S

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 12:12:37 AM

Hey VE,
when are you planning to go meet Ken? Or was that bullshit?
Someone else was planning to do a trip on here - other than that has anyone actually tried calling Ken to get some answers?
VolanicEruptor

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 12:19:12 AM

someone who has proven, on more than one occasion, that he is able to willing to adapt to the ever changing Bitcoin landscape.

LOL!!! Please give me some examples... I am dying to hear this!!!

Please, zumzero.. answer this question.  If you can successfully answer this, I will send you 1BTC right now.

zumzero

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2013, 12:20:50 AM
Last edit: December 03, 2013, 12:36:33 AM by zumzero

Okay, I'll give you two.

Ken showed how adaptable he is when he worked with the shareholders to restructure from AMC after the initial IPO.

He also displayed this trait quite convincingly during the period that we knew the exchanges were in trouble when he was being proactive in finding solutions.

You can't argue this point because if you look at the recent update you'll notice that adaptability is Ken 100%.  Going back to r&d shows exactly how adaptable he is.  We might all look back on this and realise that it's adaptability that was key in making ActM's success.

I will pm my public address after you have publicly agreed to send the 1btc.

Jasun7211

Activity: 517

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 12:24:13 AM
Last edit: December 03, 2013, 08:08:03 PM by Maged

someone who has proven, on more than one occasion, that he is able to willing to adapt to the ever changing Bitcoin landscape.

all you have to do is a Google search to get a feel for how Ken thinks.  some of the quotes insert in newspapers showed me that he is a very prudent manager.   The way this board acts. I almost don't blame him.  If he threw out something on here I could seewhere it would get ripped apart. Actm is his baby and creation.  I'm sure he doesn't want to feed it with misinterpreted statements.  But VE you bring up a lot of good points.......things that would be addressed quickly if this were a nyse stock....I'm actually quite comfy that I don't hear the same smoke blowing before Lehman and B Stearns.  Anyone can throw off a few divys and lies.

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
|
zumzero

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2013, 12:46:43 AM

Okay, I'll give you two.

Ken showed how adaptable he is when he worked with the shareholders to restructure from AMC after the initial IPO.

He also displayed this trait quite convincingly during the period that we knew the exchanges were in trouble when he was being proactive in finding solutions.

You can't argue this point because if you look at the recent update you'll notice that adaptability is Ken 100%.  Going back to r&d shows exactly how adaptable he is.  We might all look back on this and realise that it's adaptability that was key in making ActM's success.

I gave you three examples.  You give me one bitcoin.

Jasun7211

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 12:47:18 AM

all you have to do is a Google search to get a feel for how Ken thinks. ...

I know how you can get a better feel:  A bottle of NyQuil chased with a glass of nail polish remover.

Never tried it.  What I say is easily researchable in reality.  If you understood Ken's background you would understand the Intelahash idea is a great feature, and is something taken from the HFT world.  It shows me he knows a thing or two about networking and latency, which as competition for mining increases will push activemining, or even the biggest current miners out of the game.  I love the direction he is going...and have no doubt he will execute.  Remember the word latency as it will become a big buzz word in BTC mining in the future.  Those are some physical facts, not spouted out comments that sound like they came from the head rancher at the "Horny unicorn dude ranch".  Like grandma says good things take time to make.

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
|
VolanicEruptor

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 12:48:12 AM

Okay, I'll give you two.

You did not tell me how he adapts as a business.  He has not.

zumzero

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2013, 12:51:08 AM

Please, zumzero.. answer this question.  If you can successfully answer this, I will send you 1BTC right now.

The above exchange is proof that you owe me one bitcoin.  I fulfilled my part of the bargain and you are going against your word if you do not pay up.

Nootnewbie

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 12:51:34 AM

Is VE really going to visit Ken this week or was that a joke?
VolanicEruptor

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 12:52:43 AM

Okay, I'll give you two.

zumzero

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2013, 12:55:49 AM

Okay, I'll give you two.

You did not tell me how he adapts as a business.  He has not.

I did not say, 'adapts as a business' as you imply.  I said he was adaptable to the ever changing Bitcoin landscape and my examples are good.  Going back to R&D, tackling the fact that exchanges were shutting down, and restructuring a bitcoin company are all examples of the ever changing bitcoin landscape.

Please pay me my 1btc.

VolanicEruptor

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 12:59:11 AM

Okay, I'll give you two.

You did not tell me how he adapts as a business.  He has not.

I did not say, 'adapts as a business' as you imply.  I said he was adaptable to the ever changing Bitcoin landscape and my examples are good.  Please pay me my 1btc.

Why would shares have anything to do with Kens success with this industry?  Setting up a shell company is easy.  I don't owe you shit, because you fail to explain to me how he is succeeding as a business.  You still can't answer that, and instead you are focused on 1 bitcoin.  This is proof that he fails as a business.  Period.

VolanicEruptor

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 12:59:50 AM

Hey Gerald, how's your daughter doing?

Jasun7211

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 01:01:58 AM

Okay, I'll give you two.

Intelehash is a great example.  Ken knows in the longrun mining probably is not a viable option. Everyone is crawling overeachother in the hardware dept.  But an afterburner so to speak on any miner is ingenious. let me ask you this what is the thingthat is the sugar on top when you buy mining equip. Ssssshhh  That's the market I like.  That's how he is adaptable.  Think of the overhead on intelehash....lol. very smart

|
|
zumzero

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2013, 01:03:10 AM

Good PR work VE, your reputation is stronger than ever.

Matt_S

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 01:05:20 AM

Hey VE,
when are you planning to go meet Ken? Or was that bullshit?
Someone else was planning to do a trip on here - other than that has anyone actually tried calling Ken to get some answers?
Vigil

Activity: 378

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 01:08:42 AM

all you have to do is a Google search to get a feel for how Ken thinks. ...

I know how you can get a better feel:  A bottle of NyQuil chased with a glass of nail polish remover.

Never tried it.  What I say is easily researchable in reality.  If you understood Ken's background you would understand the Intelahash idea is a great feature, and is something taken from the HFT world.  It shows me he knows a thing or two about networking and latency, which as competition for mining increases will push activemining, or even the biggest current miners out of the game.  I love the direction he is going...and have no doubt he will execute.  Remember the word latency as it will become a big buzz word in BTC mining in the future.  Those are some physical facts, not spouted out comments that sound like they came from the head rancher at the "Horny unicorn dude ranch".  Like grandma says good things take time to make.
Explain this latency thing and how you think it plays into Intellihash.
Pages: « 1 ... 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 [215] 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 ... 508 »
  Print  

Jump to: