Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 01:52:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 [223] 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 ... 508 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ActiveMining] The Official Active Mining Discussion Thread [Self-Moderated]  (Read 771073 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
JoTheKhan

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 09:35:14 PM

"Intellihash(tm)

Intellihash is our new trademark for our new Bitcoin mining software which gives up to a 20% increase in hashing speed and has the possibility to increase the speed of our mining machines as the difficulty goes up.  We have had to modify the software in our chips to make it work with our new software.  The chips are going to be late; however, our new Intellihash software could be a game changer for the company. "

This is directly from the Report on the 30th. The bolded sentence makes me think the chips aren't going to be late due to eAsic at all. We have the chips, until they are finished being modified we won't be mining with them. I am assuming our chips will be using Intellihash and buyer's chips will not. This is why we are able to ship our first order out? Though the speculation that our chips are the first ones to have been sent out (to us) and then being modified can be just as likely and no one else has had their equipment sent yet. Though both of those sound like the same thing.

And here I thought you were talking out of your ass for a while. +1, I didn't even catch that.

EDIT: Actually +2, I apologize for earlier.

EDIT 2: Though I don't think it's as big as you think it is.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
adameb

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 09:40:53 PM

"Intellihash(tm)

Intellihash is our new trademark for our new Bitcoin mining software which gives up to a 20% increase in hashing speed and has the possibility to increase the speed of our mining machines as the difficulty goes up.  We have had to modify the software in our chips to make it work with our new software.  The chips are going to be late; however, our new Intellihash software could be a game changer for the company. "

This is directly from the Report on the 30th. The bolded sentence makes me think the chips aren't going to be late due to eAsic at all. We have the chips, until they are finished being modified we won't be mining with them. I am assuming our chips will be using Intellihash and buyer's chips will not. This is why we are able to ship our first order out? Though the speculation that our chips are the first ones to have been sent out (to us) and then being modified can be just as likely and no one else has had their equipment sent yet. Though both of those sound like the same thing.

keep reading s...l...o...w...l.yeeee

Well it doesn't take a genius to understand that IntelliHash is an efficient TCP three-way handshake scheme designed for fast-path processing using a two-stage intelligent hashing, which outperforms the original Cross-Producting and Binary Search Cross-Producting algorithms with 300% and 60% increase of classification speed, duh.

Will Dance For Satoshis - 1F1q93wAqgH8WFghRKpnBW8HxShuzkRrqc
Stuartuk

Activity: 266

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 09:40:56 PM

I asked Ken for more details regarding what units were shipped out and the Intellihash. He stated that he couldn't say anymore and that what was provided on the 30th was all that would be said at this point.

Can we have this stickied to the top of the thread?
Jasun7211

Activity: 517

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 09:42:19 PM

And this is why we can't have nice things on this board.  I think my job here is done.  I will now creep back into the depths of life.  Theres too many beautiful women out there to wory about btc.  If you read all my old stuff from the past few days and parse it. I hope you guys start coming to see my view of this company and where the BTC ecosystem is going. I gave all my questions and answers.  Like I said from the first post...........the lazy people need to do some research, slow down, and read research, and read,...and research.  It was fun  ciao.  Hope to see some of you in Miami.

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
|
VolanicEruptor

Activity: 392

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 09:44:29 PM

"Intellihash(tm)

Well it doesn't take a genius to understand that IntelliHash is an efficient TCP three-way handshake scheme designed for fast-path processing using a two-stage intelligent hashing, which outperforms the original Cross-Producting and Binary Search Cross-Producting algorithms with 300% and 60% increase of classification speed, duh.

http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/xpl/articleDetails.jsp?arnumber=4595929
your obviously talking about this.. and it has nothing to do with Kens software.
TCP handshakes have nothing to do with mining, as you already need to have the connection to a network to mine in the first place
as you can see, this is from 2008
Hope you were joking..

adameb

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 09:47:20 PM

"Intellihash(tm)

your obviously talking about this.. and it has nothing to do with Kens software.
TCP handshakes have nothing to do with mining, as you already need to have the connection to a network to mine in the first place
Hope you were joking..

I forgot to add the eye roll emoticon.

crumbs

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 09:47:45 PM

"Intellihash(tm)

"We have had to modify the software in our chips to make it work with our new software"??  What does that even mean?
So i heard U liek intelihashing, so i modified your software to modify your software so U can hash while U hash Cool
VolanicEruptor

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 09:50:36 PM

The most sickening part is that Ken thinks we need a "GAME CHANGER" because of exploding difficulty... uhh.. hello.. the game changer was when bitcoin shot up from $100 to $1000.  He obviously doesn't want to pass the advantage of a high BTC price down to us.

zumzero

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2013, 09:56:13 PM

And this is why we can't have nice things on this board.  I think my job here is done.  I will now creep back into the depths of life.  Theres too many beautiful women out there to wory about btc.  If you read all my old stuff from the past few days and parse it. I hope you guys start coming to see my view of this company and where the BTC ecosystem is going. I gave all my questions and answers.  Like I said from the first post...........the lazy people need to do some research, slow down, and read research, and read,...and research.  It was fun  ciao.  Hope to see some of you in Miami.

Cheers Jasun.  Thanks for sharing.

https://mybitcoin.garden
Bitcoin game where you can earn up to 220% on each planted garden!
EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 10:05:43 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=297543.msg3220847#msg3220847

Re: [ActiveMining] The Official Active Mining Announcement Thread [Self-Moderated]
September 23, 2013, 11:15:38 PM

Virtual Mining Corporation
Reports:
Balance Sheet
Profit And Loss
Cash Flow
Consolidated Active Mining Corporation and VMC reports will be release by November 30th 2013

Ken, where are the reports?

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
VolanicEruptor

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 10:08:29 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=297543.msg3220847#msg3220847

Re: [ActiveMining] The Official Active Mining Announcement Thread [Self-Moderated]
September 23, 2013, 11:15:38 PM

Virtual Mining Corporation
Reports:
Balance Sheet
Profit And Loss
Cash Flow
Consolidated Active Mining Corporation and VMC reports will be release by November 30th 2013

NDA

Jasun7211

Activity: 517

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 10:08:54 PM

"Intellihash(tm)

Hope you were joking..

I forgot to add the eye roll emoticon.

hahaha that stuff is oooold news...but you guys are on the right track.  Im proud.   Go ACTM!!!!  ok now ciao

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
|
adameb

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 10:13:12 PM

I genuinely believe that Ken went into this with the best of intentions, and that he's giving this his best shot.  The pace of change for all the factors in the industry is just so fast right now that you're really throwing out the script on your business plan every 4 weeks; I don't think that's the type of challenge that I'd be able to handle alone.

Heckling him in here though really isn't going to accomplish anything, aside from a short term sense of relief from pressing Post.  That being said, it'd make a lot more sense for Ken to either commit to 1) Not at all engaging in this thread, and only posting in the official thread with announcements or 2)Having someone to reply/engage on his behalf as much as needed.  If its the former though, we do need a dedicated time where he's available for a Q&A, even if its just a moderated 30 minutes every 2 weeks.  If people are left to come to their own conclusions about questions, of course they're bound to come to the worst, look at the track record recently.

I understand that he's probably busy, and would contend that there's no reason to dispell FUD at the moment while the stocks aren't even listed, but being trusted with a million bucks does come with certain accountability and reciprocal respect towards the people that handed it over.

SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2013, 11:03:42 PM

This is good right? We are shipping units in two months for orders placed last week.

Considering ROI on one of these machines is currently about a week if you use it to mine,
2 months is a brutal amount of time to see a profit for VMC
and to make it worse...

Depends. Its open if miners that are for customers will be delivered first or later. And it depends very much on the delivery time. If the miner gets delivered on january then you get a nice return over time. Except the diff updates are more than http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/ anticipates. If the miner gets delivere february then its already not really worth the risk.

So either ken knows the risk is high enough to justify the current minerprice or he throws money away. Lets see...

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
LorenzoMoney

Activity: 335

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 11:30:45 PM

AdamEB,

We are in agreement with you on both points 1 and 2.

It would be nice if Ken avoided responding to silly requests but did respond to the important questions such as, when will the mining farm be up and running, which pool will be used and what are the projected dates for delivery and for getting on an exchange.

As far as point 2 goes, there have been many requests by shareholders/bond holders for Ken to do this, that is, have a PR person. He did choose someone who seemed to have skipped off or resigned or took ill and has not replaced him.

We have been asking Ken to do what you suggest for many months. How disappointing that someone new comes along, asks the same thing and then ends up as frustrated as us.

I genuinely believe that Ken went into this with the best of intentions, and that he's giving this his best shot.  The pace of change for all the factors in the industry is just so fast right now that you're really throwing out the script on your business plan every 4 weeks; I don't think that's the type of challenge that I'd be able to handle alone.

Heckling him in here though really isn't going to accomplish anything, aside from a short term sense of relief from pressing Post.  That being said, it'd make a lot more sense for Ken to either commit to 1) Not at all engaging in this thread, and only posting in the official thread with announcements or 2)Having someone to reply/engage on his behalf as much as needed.  If its the former though, we do need a dedicated time where he's available for a Q&A, even if its just a moderated 30 minutes every 2 weeks.  If people are left to come to their own conclusions about questions, of course they're bound to come to the worst, look at the track record recently.

I understand that he's probably busy, and would contend that there's no reason to dispell FUD at the moment while the stocks aren't even listed, but being trusted with a million bucks does come with certain accountability and reciprocal respect towards the people that handed it over.

https://twitter.com/Lorenzo_Money -- Bitcoin Address: 1EttqaSSCksRAXrwejoChs5zmGjSikN9mC -- http://lorenzomoney.wordpress.com/
The Bulk of mankind is as well equipped for flying as thinking. - Jonathan Swift
DOGE COIN address: DSYMgD1HfmJFwNuc6Zvhp7PkrVD1QRBsgu
VolanicEruptor

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 11:48:57 PM

Oh OK, so why the ' Cheesy' ?

Because shareholders who are supposed to be on the same team are at each others throats.  I think it's funny because I've been through this whole thing with Labcoin.  

OK. I think you are a drama Queen? You seem to be more concerned with the personal stuff on here rather than the meat of the issue which is your 50k shares. I mean I haven't seen you post anything - ever - that would benifit those 50k shares, and ergo you.

My 50k shares are rapidly being destroyed by decisions that are working against the shareholders, and Ken won't listen to anything that any of you try to tell him... I would LOVE to talk about the meat of the issue here.  Where do we start??  

Stuartuk

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 11:51:05 PM

My 50k shares are rapidly being destroyed by decisions that are working against the shareholders

That's quite a claim. Maybe you could mention one of these issues and erm, we could chat about it. In a grown up way?
Stuartuk

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 11:55:57 PM

What about 3Mill USD in sales in the previous quarter replaced by 2Mill USD in sales in November alone. Good or bad? Can we discuss this surge in demand for online sales perhaps?

EDIT-

In theory 50% of the profits from that will go to you as divs wont it? Lets say 1.5Mill is profit. So 750k divs are coming our way. That would be 3,750USD for your divs in one month from sales alone? Is that right? Wrong? And sales would be expected to surge more in the coming months. Right?
VolanicEruptor

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 11:59:57 PM

My 50k shares are rapidly being destroyed by decisions that are working against the shareholders

That's quite a claim. Maybe you could mention one of these issues and erm, we could chat about it. In a grown up way?

I've tried.  In a grown-up way, let's talk about the fact that Ken is already giving us excuses.  When Labcoin came up with excuses, shareholders started to get scared that they were being scammed.  Some of those shareholders fought hard against accusations, just as I see in this thread.  Who ended up being right?  Well let's put it this way -- when your CEO cannot offer you proof of any kind that things are going even SOMEWHAT smoothly, and this lack of proof is followed by discussion of "software boosts" to compensate for delays, that is a very large red flag.  Perhaps you fail to see this because you have not made other investments in the Bitcoin world.  From my experience, there are more scams in this industry than legitimate enterprises.  Perhaps Ken will do everything he can to appear "legitimate" but whether or not he will share the profits appropriately is very doubtful.  

Look at it this way, in the contract which he wrote, he wants to pay the shareholders 0.0025 bitcoins/share before he takes ANY profit for himself.  Now this seemed very realistic back when bitcoin was $100, because that only equated to a couple million.  But now if you look at how much he has to pay us first, it's $20 million dollars.  I find it very hard to believe that this old man is going to work his ass off and make the company $20 million dollars without touching a dime.  Put yourself in his position for 1 second... $20 million dollars is a lot of work, you don't think he has ANY plans to divert some of these profits to himself earlier?  Anybody would in this scenerio, especially considering that it's $20 million dollars

Stuartuk

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 12:02:47 AM

OK well that's all speculation. Can we talk about the established facts first? I understand your point and we should come back to it but we should talk about the known facts first then move on.

So 750k divs are coming our way from November sales? That would be 3,750USD for your divs in one month from sales alone? Is that right? Wrong? And sales would be expected to surge more in the coming months. Right?
Pages: « 1 ... 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 [223] 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 ... 508 »
  Print  

Jump to: