Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 08:31:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 ... 508 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ActiveMining] The Official Active Mining Discussion Thread [Self-Moderated]  (Read 771093 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
VolanicEruptor

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 08:06:42 PM

Ken hasn't been online to defend himself.  A good indicator of that is if you see any posts from crumble that have still to be deleted.

Every time Ken comes online, he answers all the questions regarding the shares, with absolutely no mention of the actual operations of the company.  Look up "shell company".  This is what they commonly do..

aquarius

Activity: 275

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 08:08:42 PM

I can imagine all this is very stressful to Ken and I am actually glad he is honest about how he feels. Wishing you could just quit is very different from actually giving up. Who in their right mind does not think being an entrepreneur can be very frustrating at times?
minerpart

Activity: 280

IIIIII====II====IIIIII

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 08:20:16 PM

I would imagine he's talking about the constant headache supplied by those from ^above^.

I would say the remaining non-troll people here are generally pretty respectful. Asking for basic and general updates to our progress shouldn't be that much of a headache nor something unreasonable. Nor something so bad that makes him wish he could get out of the company. I hope he is talking about the complications with having to go to colored coins / and the temporary exchange and that when the going gets tough does not refer to our chip development.

Every time Ken comes on here he gets a few posts in then he starts getting slagged down by the trolls, VE, and the rest of the turn-coats. How would you feel being on the end of that constant personal attack?

Next we have the SEC and the exchange issue. Ken is no doubt under a lot of stress over that. He's seeing lawyers, worried about his personal freedom, trying to design a new exchange, will it be legal?

Next we have the unforseen huge increases in mining difficulty, which admittedly every mining firm has to deal with but it just makes margins that bit tighter.

It's absolutely no wonder he is feeling the strain. But you read what he said didn't you - he is manning up to this challenge. He has acted pro-actively with the exchange issue, and he is working his nuts off everyday to make this a success for us first and him second.

With the SEC crackdown and the difficulty rise you could say the shit has hit the fan. Its too late to issue a refund, all we have now is a website taking tens of thousands in orders, one of the most successful ASIC producers in the US making our chips and one determined mother F as CEO. We are nowhere near a crisis but Ken is the man you want at the helm right now. He is not going to let up, he is John McClane, he is pissed by the trolls, he is coming out fighting.

granitemouse

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 08:21:26 PM

I can imagine all this is very stressful to Ken and I am actually glad he is honest about how he feels. Wishing you could just quit is very different from actually giving up. Who in their right mind does not think being an entrepreneur can be very frustrating at times?

Agreed, but as the leader of the company it is important to always project confidence no matter how stressful or frustrating. When he sounds like he doesn't believe in what we are doing, it makes us feel as if we should not believe either. And this comes at a time when we should be near results, not in the beginning trying to get this off the ground. We were speculating sample chips in two weeks or less. This should be an extremely optimistic time for us where we feel the future is bright. That is how I felt after his interview. If during that interview he said he wished he could quit how would that make you feel about our product?
granitemouse

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 08:26:11 PM

I very much hope you are correct and it was just a poorly communicated off the cuff remark attempting to sympathize with frustration and say he is up to challenge.
aquarius

Activity: 275

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 08:29:23 PM

Yes, I agree that he is definitely not suited to be a PR person for the company Wink

And I hope that he will hire somebody to that position soon.
zumzero

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2013, 08:42:39 PM

PM I just received:

Sorry that you are leaving, there have been times when I have felt the same way, but anytime I've had those doubts, I think of my duty to the shareholders and those thoughts are soon forgotten.

"When the going gets tough, the tough get going"

So, that is what I am doing.

Can we stop with the hysteria now?  Wink

https://mybitcoin.garden
Bitcoin game where you can earn up to 220% on each planted garden!
chairforce1

Activity: 316

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 08:46:15 PM

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, death has not come, and when death has come, we are not. #yolo

-Epicuru$
zumzero

Activity: 602

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2013, 09:02:44 PM

He doesn't need to clear anything up.

When the going gets tough, the tough get going, and that is what he is going to do.

We all know he's no Shakespeare and to understand him we need to look at the bigger picture of what he's saying without focussing on the finer details.  I know this far from ideal, but it's what we've got and it would serve us well to simply accept it for what it is.

Personally I'm happy with Ken at the helm over Bill.

https://mybitcoin.garden
Bitcoin game where you can earn up to 220% on each planted garden!
lobbes

Activity: 240
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 09:35:29 PM

Agreed, but as the leader of the company it is important to always project confidence no matter how stressful or frustrating. When he sounds like he doesn't believe in what we are doing, it makes us feel as if we should not believe either.

+1

If we can start hashing in the next three weeks, all this will be a moot point. But, at this point, it's feeling more and more like a crap-shoot.

Stuartuk

Activity: 266

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 10:17:51 PM

I very much hope you are correct and it was just a poorly communicated off the cuff remark attempting to sympathize with frustration and say he is up to challenge.

For what its worth I read it like this - he was saying that if he could wave a magic wand and make ACtM disappear he would. Why? Because its a failure? No. Its because of the stress and the SEC. I wouldn't be surprised if he hasn't had direct contact from them much like Burnside and Ukyo. That is a seriously stressful set up right there.

Now what the comment shows us is that he ain't no quitter. This guy is the real deal, he is willing to go all they way for us even face off the SEC for strangers on a forum. We should realise his comment is most likely born from the fact that Ken could end up in a cell with other US btc mining entrepreneurs. OK in the end I don't think he would do time but he could be in jail awaiting trial for 2 years if the SEC have told him to shut up shop but his lawyers are advising him to carry on. And so could his (nephew?) Gerald. Imagine the stress on the family.

That is the reality of this for Ken. We bash away on our keyboards moaning about the lack of news and Ken is dealing with the possibility of not seeing his family for a long long time. Give the man a break. He is acting honestly, he is doing his best, he is juggling our demands against the NDA and the SEC demands. Just be sensible and get the big picture that our CEO is dealing with.
crumbs

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 10:44:54 PM
Last edit: October 19, 2013, 11:03:38 PM by crumbs

For what its worth I read it like this - he was saying that if he could wave a magic wand and make ACtM disappear he would. Why? Because its a failure? No. Its because of the stress and the SEC. I wouldn't be surprised if he hasn't had direct contact from them much like Burnside and Uyko. That is a seriously stressful set up right there.

Now what the comment shows us is that he ain't no quitter. This guy is the real deal, he is willing to go all they way for us even face off the SEC for strangers on a forum. We should realise his comment is most likely born from the fact that Ken could end up in a cell with other US btc mining entrepreneurs. OK in the end I don't think he would do time but he could be in jail awaiting trial for 2 years if the SEC have told him to shut up shop but his lawyers are advising him to carry on. And so could his (nephew?) Gerald. Imagine the stress on the family.

That is the reality of this for Ken. We bash away on our keyboards moaning about the lack of news and Ken is dealing with the possibility of not seeing his family for a long long time. Give the man a break. He is acting honestly, he is doing his best, he is juggling our demands against the NDA and the SEC demands. Just be sensible and get the big picture that our CEO is dealing with.

This is beyond absurd.  Ken is not a child.  He understood that selling unregistered shares doesn't earn honor badges.  He registered his business in Belize, called it "a virtual entity," got a London mailing address.  He fully realized what he was doing, at least i'd hope he did.
There are no innocents or martyrs here -- only adults who badly overestimated their ability to function on the fringes of the law.  

The odds of Ken, or anyone, getting time for this are slim to none.  But implying the risks he took he took for internet strangers is delusional.
somestranger

Activity: 487

Are You Shpongled?

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 11:41:41 PM

I think Ken's alleged PM is implying that he is under a lot of stress, but that he is going to persevere and make the company successful. I don't see it as a lack of confidence at all. Ken is just poor at communicating with shareholders I think. A new PR person for both shareholder and public relations is badly needed. Imagine the sales if someone was on payroll contacting the various bitcoin blogs getting our name out there...

The odds of Ken, or anyone, getting time for this are slim to none.  But implying the risks he took he took for internet strangers is delusional.
For once I agree with you.
kslaughter (OP)

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2013, 11:43:31 PM

Agreed, but as the leader of the company it is important to always project confidence no matter how stressful or frustrating. When he sounds like he doesn't believe in what we are doing, it makes us feel as if we should not believe either.

+1

If we can start hashing in the next three weeks, all this will be a moot point. But, at this point, it's feeling more and more like a crap-shoot.

I believe 100% in what we are doing!  If you look at the quote I used, that will tell you the whole story of were I am coming from.  I am sorry that I did not project the confidence that some of our Investors needed.  I am very confident that ActiveMining will come through the hard times ahead with the difficulty rising at over 117%/month.  So as I said "When the going gets tough, the tough get going".  I am in this for the long haul, working hard everyday to make ActiveMining and its Investors successful. 
kslaughter (OP)

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2013, 11:44:35 PM

I think Ken's alleged PM is implying that he is under a lot of stress, but that he is going to persevere and make the company successful. I don't see it as a lack of confidence at all. Ken is just poor at communicating with shareholders I think. A new PR person for both shareholder and public relations is badly needed. Imagine the sales if someone was on payroll contacting the various bitcoin blogs getting our name out there...

For once I agree with you.

Me too! Amazing.
VolanicEruptor

Activity: 392

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 11:55:27 PM

+1

I believe 100% in what we are doing!  If you look at the quote I used, that will tell you the whole story of were I am coming from.  I am sorry that I did not project the confidence that some of our Investors needed.  I am very confident that ActiveMining will come through the hard times ahead with the difficulty rising at over 117%/month.  So as I said "When the going gets tough, the tough get going".  I am in this for the long haul, working hard everyday to make ActiveMining and its Investors successful. 

If you had any respect for your shareholders you would tell us what's going on with the sample chips that were supposed to show up mid-october.  Keep dodging this, and the question will just keep repeating itself more often. 

Stuartuk

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 12:03:13 AM

If you had any respect you would tell the truth. No one has said sample chips would be delivered mid October, you are making that up. The chips should be due soon but no fixed date has ever been given. Hypocrite.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2013, 12:05:35 AM
Last edit: October 20, 2013, 01:54:50 AM by iCEBREAKER

Hey Ken Slaughter?!

How are we doing?

How is chip production coming along?

Are we on schedule?

Do you have a time frame estimate of what is going to happen when?

Or are we just left here to our own devices to guess and churn FUD?

Do you even understand what I am writing here?

this is E-N-G-L-I-S-H... do you speak and write in this language?

Well if you do maybe you can use this form of communication to explain very carefully, courteously and respectfully to your shareholders and investors just what exactly is going on in that cave that we've so graciously funded?

or are we BFL at this point?

...which is bitcoinese for SOL

This is very disrespectful.  Before posting like this, ask yourself how you would behave if we were all sat around a table looking at each other.  If the answer is still the same, then please to not contribute to this forum.

I understand people's concerns as they are very valid.  This is a difficult transitional time for our American cousins as well as all other investors, but please do remind yourself that YOU made the decision to enter into the world of Bitcoin mining securities.  YOU should have done your due dilligence and YOU have chosen to take on the associated risk.

I would encourage you to challenge Ken because I agree he needs to find a way to communicate in a more concise and informative way, but do not lower yourself into the pit of shame that our resident FUDsters wallow in.

^This is the lamest, most un-sexy cheerleader fight of all time.^

Still funny though.  Let's put you two in a vat of pudding and start making bets on who will start crying first.   Grin

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Stuartuk

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 12:16:14 AM

'For once I agree with you. '

Me too! Amazing.

Ken can you confirm that the Avalon chip refund money has been put into your Bail fund?
knybe

Activity: 658

decentralize EVERYTHING...

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 12:34:33 AM

Unfortunately we don't have the luxury of time that most ventures have. Clock is ticking and everyday that goes by means another exponential inch of increase in difficulty. If we're not mining soon, like in the next three weeks (fat chance) then really what exactly are we doing? Starting a new illegal stock exchange?
Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 ... 508 »
  Print  

Jump to: