Bitcoin Forum
July 11, 2024, 07:21:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 ... 508 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ActiveMining] The Official Active Mining Discussion Thread [Self-Moderated]  (Read 771102 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
4ju5tice

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 03:16:44 AM
Last edit: October 22, 2013, 03:48:52 AM by 4ju5tice

It may have been this way for a while, but the big walls are gone on Bitfunder.

Hi.
Nootnewbie

Activity: 63

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 03:50:09 AM

What is ActiveMining's policy towards customers who pre-ordered miners that are predicted to have a negative ROI?  I'm thinking of throwing some money down on a miner now that BTC is way up....
somestranger

Activity: 487
Merit: 500

Are You Shpongled?

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 04:03:14 AM

What is ActiveMining's policy towards customers who pre-ordered miners that are predicted to have a negative ROI?  I'm thinking of throwing some money down on a miner now that BTC is way up....
There is no "insurance policy" if that's what you're asking. If it will have a negative ROI in your calculations then don't order. Less orders just means the ActM Batcave will have more hash power for itself.
4ju5tice

Activity: 111

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 04:27:58 AM

Here's the thing. It's a bet on whether or not you think that the difficulty increase is going to be 100+% compounded monthly. There's got to be a stopping point to the difficulty growth. The genesis block measures it at an extremely high increase over time. Maybe that's realistic but since we've hit the best asic technology that will exist for a while, I think we'll stay within the same order of magnitude for some time. I expect that we will see the difficulty levels flatten out. With that in mind, the calculator becomes negligible in the current environment. Maybe I'm making some bad assumptions and I welcome friendly discussion, but I think that mining will still continue to be profitable, especially with the btc value constantly increasing.

This is a liquid free world-wide market that can't be controlled. The world has never seen anything like this before. Don't be surprised if crazy shit happens.

Hi.
wasubii

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 04:47:29 AM

Ken,

Can you verify what U.S. Bitfunder users need to do to be sure that their shares preserved?  Do we need to be sure our public bitcoin address is one where we can sign?  For example, a non-CoinBase address?

Yes, you need to have a public Bitcoin address that you can sign, so that we can verify the number of shares you own from the Bitfunder Asset List.

If I run my wallet on my local machine, is that not good enough? I have shares currently on bitfunder, US customer.

It is scary when you have people in here investing in super risky mining securities who don't really have a grasp of how the blockchain and bitcoin protocol works in general.

maybe he only has 25 dollars worth of shares, in which case I don't see what's wrong with investing in something you don't completely understand

Patience, old dogs... teach don't spurn.

It's all part of the learning process.

The more using Bitcoin, the merrier.

+1
Nootnewbie

Activity: 63

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 05:32:16 AM

There is no "insurance policy" if that's what you're asking. If it will have a negative ROI in your calculations then don't order. Less orders just means the ActM Batcave will have more hash power for itself.

Oh ok, I just thought I heard somewhere (maybe his interview?) that he was planning on something like an "insurance policy" like giving extra hashing power or something.
redbeans2012

Activity: 887
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 05:33:40 AM

Oh ok, I just thought I heard somewhere (maybe his interview?) that he was planning on something like an "insurance policy" like giving extra hashing power or something.

He did say if he missed the scheduled date he would give extra hashing power.
WildFire.ca

Activity: 980
Merit: 503

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 10:19:57 AM

I for one am glad that Ken is spending his time working and getting the company sorted as well as other things that help the company. This is how this works. Ken needed money to get an ASIC mining company going. We lent Ken that money and he is using it to make us a fantastic company. He is not spending his time in here answering every ones questions about when, how and why, hes busy. Get it.. He's busy working on building us a great company we can be proud of. It sad when I can skip 5 pages of BS and know I have missed nothing, Not One Thing.   Focus on the project people,  Stay on target.   If your worried about the price dropping, my guess is that its Americans that fear that Bitcoin's, or Colour Coins are going to fail. I do not see this happening. I feel that the SEC sent the regular letter out expecting the BTC stock exchanges to comply and pay the extravagant fees. The SEC did not expect them to exclude Americans and they are rethinking this. Either way they missed the boat, Coloured Coins are here to stay thanks the the SEC, TY SEC.

.Minter.                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
               ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
            ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
          ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▄   ▀▓▀   ▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▄     ▄▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ╟▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
       ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
           ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
             ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

╓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀╜        ╙▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓⌐         ▓▓▓▓▓         ╣▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀█▀▀^         ╫▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                     ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                 #▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█
crumbs

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 11:28:22 AM

What is ActiveMining's policy towards customers who pre-ordered miners that are predicted to have a negative ROI?  I'm thinking of throwing some money down on a miner now that BTC is way up....

Here's the thing. It's a bet on whether or not you think that the difficulty increase is going to be 100+% compounded monthly. There's got to be a stopping point to the difficulty growth. The genesis block measures it at an extremely high increase over time. Maybe that's realistic but since we've hit the best asic technology that will exist for a while, I think we'll stay within the same order of magnitude for some time. I expect that we will see the difficulty levels flatten out. With that in mind, the calculator becomes negligible in the current environment. Maybe I'm making some bad assumptions and I welcome friendly discussion, but I think that mining will still continue to be profitable, especially with the btc value constantly increasing.

This is a liquid free world-wide market that can't be controlled. The world has never seen anything like this before. Don't be surprised if crazy shit happens.

Of course there's going to be a point where exponential growth slows down and even stops.  It's not happening any time soon, and banking on it happening is betting against the odds.  If anything, Genesis block predictions proved to be optimistic.  With Bitfury and KNC gear coming online and Hashdfast, Cointerra & co. scheduled to do the same, BFL & other established players are also introducing 28nm offerings.  There is no reason to expect a slowdown.

As far as free market rhetoric, this market is controlled by people with money -- the same people who have always controlled the free market, and brought you the wonderful innovations you know and love -- the nation-state & the government.
drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 11:35:48 AM

Crumbs.
crumbs

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 11:41:59 AM

Crumbs.

Yep.  It's me.  The guy who called it from day one & tried to save you from this cesspool of fail.
Now total failure is guaranteed, even if these chips prove to be more than a fever dream Cry

drawingthesun
Legendary

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 11:45:04 AM

Crumbs.

Yep.  It's me.  The guy who called it from day one & tried to save you from this cesspool of fail.
Now total failure is guaranteed, even if these chips prove to be more than a fever dream Cry

Do you have a link to this post on day one? I am genuinely curious.
crumbs

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 11:49:52 AM

Crumbs.

Yep.  It's me.  The guy who called it from day one & tried to save you from this cesspool of fail.

Do you have a link to this post on day one? I am genuinely curious.

I'm not going to look for it now, this forum's search is sort-a painful.  You're right, it wasn't on day 1 -- simply my first encounter with ActM, my first post in the now-locked thread ~3 months ago.  My ignore button was still a virgin then, but got raped to its current color within a few days  Smiley
I'll find the post for you in a bit -- thanks for asking.
drawingthesun
Legendary

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 12:22:57 PM

Yeah I wish I had done some more research into the criticisms before investing.

Not much I can do now, I hope that we get miners soon and a decent dividend.
zumzero

Activity: 602

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2013, 12:25:54 PM

It must be very difficult to make a statement saying a high risk buisness investment is unlikely to succeed.

https://mybitcoin.garden
Bitcoin game where you can earn up to 220% on each planted garden!
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2013, 12:33:55 PM

Wheres the latest depression comes from? The last time everyone was hyped because ActiveMining was mentioned in BBC or similar and now all is bad again? What news support this?

Sometimes some labcoin and activemining trader looks to me like manic depressives, changing from deep depressions to high euphorica and back to start again...

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
drawingthesun
Legendary

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 12:37:01 PM

Wheres the latest depression comes from? The last time everyone was hyped because ActiveMining was mentioned in BBC or similar and now all is bad again? What news support this?

Sometimes some labcoin and activemining trader looks to me like manic depressives, changing from deep depressions to high euphorica and back to start again...

Everytime the difficulty increases by 30% - 40% many of us freak out. We are being left far behind with no reassurance that we are on track, Ken has not even ordered the first batch yet.
knybe

Activity: 658

decentralize EVERYTHING...

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 12:41:07 PM

Well somebody's out there mining gettin coin... And it ain't us.
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2013, 12:47:20 PM

Everytime the difficulty increases by 30% - 40% many of us freak out. We are being left far behind with no reassurance that we are on track, Ken has not even ordered the first batch yet.

Right... its no fun to see.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
kleeck

Activity: 532

https://karatcoin.co

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 12:47:46 PM

I'm not a FUDster, nor am I panicking, but I get why the mood is depressed.

It's hard to see other ventures taking advantage of the lower current difficulty while also participating in growing the difficulty for the next period. This hardship is exacerbated by the fact that Ken has offered no real news to his investors. So people are in the dark about their investment, when it might be profitable, and how profitable it might be - while at the same time watching others profit immediately.

Ouch, right?

█ █████       ▄████▀▄██▀
  █ █████     ▄████▀███▀
  █ █████    ████▀███▀
  █ █████  ▄███▀███▓
  █ █████▄███▀████▀
  █ ███████▀████▀
  █ █████▀▄█████▄
  █ ███▀▄█████████▄
  █ █▀▄██ ▀█████████▄
  █ ▄████   ▀███████▀█▄   
  █ █████     ▀███▀▄████▄
  █ █████       ▀▄████████▄

█████                   
                ▄███  █  ███▄               
             ███      █      ███             
         ▄███         █         ███▄         
       ██    ███████████████████    ██       
    ████            ██ ██            ████   
    ██             █     █             ██   
    █ █           █       █           █ █   
    █ ██         █         █         ██ █   
    █  ██      ██           ██      ██  █   
    █   ██    ██             ██    ██   █   
    █    ██  ██               ██  ██    █   
    █     █ ██                 ██ █     █   
    █     █████████████████████████     █   
    █  ███  ██                 ██  ███  █   
    ███       █               █       ███   
      ███      ██           ██      ███     
         ███     █         █     ███         
            ▀███  ██     ██  ███▀           
                ▀████   ████▀               
▀███▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Pages: « 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 ... 508 »
  Print  

Jump to: