Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:03:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Criminals and Bitcoin  (Read 4366 times)
baclinhdam

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 05:50:33 AM

Bitcoin is a dangerous toy. many will hunt for rich bitcoin hodlers

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
roborttyler

Activity: 70

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 05:57:51 AM

I do not think that bitcoin is used for criminal purposes more often than paper money. Governments now have technologies that are easily searchable by anyone. Most often it is simply not in their interest.
agatha90

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 05:59:41 AM

True, because all back to each of us, if we use as criminal action then the longer bitcoin will disappear, because the government will not be silent and will ban the country using bitcoin as a means of payment.
pugi2

Activity: 286
Merit: 31

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 08:29:43 AM

Digital money is completely anonymous, the villains began to actively use it, thinking that no one would ever find out about their dark deeds. But this is not so. Who lit his name in the dark affairs with bitkoynom, will be imprisoned, since in the blockchain, absolutely all operations are visible. Such a criminal will surrender all those who are not fortunate enough to deal with him.
Yes cryptocurrency world is really anonymous and its like criminal world. But this case is very general and we can not blame criminal just because bitcoin is exist in the real world. Fore example drug, in any country drugs is crime and using drugs can bring us to jail.
In this case, should we blame drugs or the person? If no drugs in doctor world so we can produce some of the medicine. So do bitcoin, this is not bitcoin mistake.
Janation

Activity: 1722
Merit: 528

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 08:33:00 AM

Bitcoin is a dangerous toy.

Oh? ok. Bitcoin is not a crypto currency or a asset now, it is not a toy, interesting.

many will hunt for rich bitcoin hodlers

And how will they do it? There is a lot of crypto currency holders that is not really popular, that is the reason they invested on Bitcoin. Whether you have a million or thousand of it, you do not know who owns it.

True, because all back to each of us, if we use as criminal action then the longer bitcoin will disappear, because the government will not be silent and will ban the country using bitcoin as a means of payment.

Wait what? The government will be banning the country using Bitcoin as a means of payment? How will they do that? Crime is inevitable especially when we are talking about money. But don't you think that the one who must be stopped here is the criminals using Bitcoin and not Bitcoin itself? Crimes are still happening and they are using their fiats but they are not banning it.
Arkyo

Activity: 134
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 08:35:58 AM

The basic rule is not to tell anyone that you are dealing with cryptocurrency. In this case, there is a possibility that the bandits will not get to you. Imagine what could happen when bitcoin costs more than $ 100,000 per coin.

In Crypto We Trust
anitaraymonds

Activity: 490

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 08:40:28 AM

The concept behind blockchain technology is to help to redistribute resources and reduce poverty. Through Blockchain we have bitcoin which runs on blockchain. The whole idea of bitcoin is for good and not evil. If criminal on their own agency decides to use bitcoin for other purposes except that which it was meant for then it is their problem and not that of bitcoin. Use bitcoin for virtue and not vice.
Bitfling

Activity: 602

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 09:16:38 AM

Everything has a dark side so prohibiting bitcoin and other crypto currencies want help for a good social manner. Criminals will always find a way and by prohibiting crypto currencies want stop hackers or terrorists. Why we can't think of the better side of this and make this world a better place?

Indeed, its depending on the human to using tools for criminal or not. Ban cryptocurrency because criminal action is not the solution, I think the solution is just make regulation on cryptocurrency so peoples will more carefull with their crypto
margaret22

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 09:21:07 AM

I neither see it as a serious problem, pure speculation. As far as I know, most criminals are funded by cash, not Bitcoin.

Ankhesenamun

Activity: 322

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 09:27:21 AM

I think it all depends on its use. like a knife, if used for cooking then it is good, but when used for crime then it is bad
Excellent comparison of the crypto and knife system. It really can be both useful and dangerous. The government should learn to control and not prohibit bitcoin
Rj Manik

Activity: 448

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 09:32:04 AM

If you can do bad work in exchange for money, then what will be the money illegal?No money will be illegal.In fact, the Bitcoin authorities kept the identity of the Bitcoin dealer secret.For which criminals or terorists use Bitcoin for illegal purposes.Bitcoin can reveal the seller's identity, criminals can be brought as a legal basis.
waqasanwar95

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 09:42:02 AM

bitcoin is using for the dark web as a payment method and criminals buy weapons drugs and other things through bitcoin and no way to caught or trace them
Raja_Salman

Activity: 511
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 10:17:24 AM

I have seen some news regarding hackers, terrorists, and other criminals using bitcoin for illegal trades.
How the police can find about these transactions?
Even if is hard to track illegal transactions, I don't think that Bitcoin can be a danger to society, since the problem is the society and its people.
Since the beginning of the internet this is happening ( the bad people committing crimes)  and no one is willing to shutdown internet because of that, so in that matters Bitcoin should be equivalent. I think those illegal transaction are one of the reasons some governments and the media are trying to depreciate bitcoin, but the problem is not Crypto/blockchain or Bitcoin, is just the society.
bitcoin and crime do not break the news anymore because bitcoin is accessible to anyone and anywhere and the result of bitcoin is enormous perhaps with strict monitoring of bitcoin will reduce it all
Shishir99

Activity: 644
Merit: 379

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2018, 10:20:42 AM

You know what bitcoin has became famous because of illegal transaction in dark web.
I think these are the common problem that happens in a society that you mentioned. Criminal use fiat currency too that doesn't mean fiat is bad.
I think there is a solution for every problem.
charlemagne_15

Activity: 357
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 10:38:42 AM

I have seen some news regarding hackers, terrorists, and other criminals using bitcoin for illegal trades.
Even if is hard to track illegal transactions, I don't think that Bitcoin can be a danger to society, since the problem is the society and its people.
Since the beginning of the internet this is happening ( the bad people committing crimes)  and no one is willing to shutdown internet because of that, so in that matters Bitcoin should be equivalent. I think those illegal transaction are one of the reasons some governments and the media are trying to depreciate bitcoin, but the problem is not Crypto/blockchain or Bitcoin, is just the society.

Bitcoin can be really use in the illegal doings of someone and even some syndicates. It was easy to be use so that's why most of them made this their way to buy prohibited drugs, guns, or any other deadly weapons. Criminals are likely to be hold in cryptocurency because of the untraceable transactions it has but that doesn't mean bitcoin is a bad asset for someone.

PTON PRE-SALE Live    █████████████     FORESTING     █████████████  PARTICIPATE NOW!
█████ next-generation social media service based on blockchain technology   ██████
 █ ██ █  ● Twitter ● Facebook ● Youtube ● Telegram [EN] ● Telegram [KOR] ● Medium  █ ██ █ 
kauban2018

Activity: 271

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 11:06:04 AM

Crime is not about Bitcoin. Bitcoin do exist because people want it to exist for it helps lot of people to earn extra income that may help them by providing the needs of their family. Crime may use Bitcoin to do so but its up to people if they are going to believe on the scammers or not. Not all part of intermet is bad or can commit crime it can also help people to know what they want to know. Its just that people uses internet because it is the easiest way to do crime.
handsomes

Activity: 238

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 03:04:36 PM

yes the bitcoin is very dangerous in deepweb it is the site of full of secret like terrorism hackers criminals but There is a replacement when you order bitcoin is the key for illegal trade i think many people understand the meaning of bitcoin.
alvinmtp

Activity: 658
Merit: 505

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 03:05:13 PM

The European Union’s law-enforcement agency, Europol, raised alarms three months ago, writing in a report that “other cryptocurrencies such as monero, ethereum and Z cash are gaining popularity within the digital underground.” Online extortionists, who use ransomware to lock victims’ computers until they fork over a payment, have begun demanding those currencies instead. On Dec. 18 hackers attacked up to 190,000 WordPress sites per hour to get them to produce monero, according to security company Wordfence.
Erlinda Santiago

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 03:09:18 PM

as we all know there are many scammers out there in the world especially in online investing and selling they make fake or poser account then they chat people to invest on them

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      JINBI      │       T H E   G O L D E N   I C O     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████                     JOIN ICO  -  21st  J U N E                     ████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Reddit           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
odpadnik

Activity: 71
Merit: 1

Tech enthusiast, SEO jedi, Crypto investor.

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2018, 03:10:17 PM

The European Union’s law-enforcement agency, Europol, raised alarms three months ago, writing in a report that “other cryptocurrencies such as monero, ethereum and Z cash are gaining popularity within the digital underground.” Online extortionists, who use ransomware to lock victims’ computers until they fork over a payment, have begun demanding those currencies instead. On Dec. 18 hackers attacked up to 190,000 WordPress sites per hour to get them to produce monero, according to security company Wordfence.

Official source on this?

Also, criminal or not... FIAT money (and banks) have been involved in the illegal and criminal "game" for way longer than we know, but nobody is really making a big "fuss" about it.

Everybody should know how and WHY they want to use Crypto.

And if you want to be on the safe side, only work with people / exchanges you trust... Are regulated officially, and you actually invested some research in these things.

In the end of the day, nothing is 100% safe, but we can ensure, to raise the bar high as we can.

https://kriptomat.io/en ----  EU licensed Crypto Platform.  23 languages. Buy & hold your Crypto - Fast, Easy, Safe.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  

Jump to: