Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 06:53:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 [136] 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Setup & Troubleshoot] Bitmain AntMiner S1 180GH/S miner  (Read 452140 times)
GiLa

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 06:20:43 PM

This happened to me no lights, fan came on instantly when turned on, was able to connect to it, set it up, pools said alive  but hash rate was zero! I had someone help me ( this person has a mining farm) He confirmed for me s1 was faulty, I contacted Bitmain they asked me to disassemble miner and send back parts, I complied sent back two hashing boards one controller board and voluntarily sent the connecting ribbons. Two weeks later received s1 back only to find  they've sent back my old hashing boards and controller complete with thermal paste minus connecting ribbons ( 2 8pin  and 1 4pin ). You can guess how I feel right now.

Yeh I would know how that feels, same feeling when UPS told me my antminer was delivered and signed for when clearly it wasn't me.

Well If I were in your shoes I would contact bitmain and ask for the ribbons, and at the same time, probably go down to some electronics or security alarm shop and see if they got connecting ribbons, there should be enough images on the net to work out which is pin1 on both ends. Just get one blade working first
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
devesh.g

Activity: 71

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 07:21:31 PM

Hey

I have an issue with an Antminer S1!

i bought 3 of them together, and had been running them successfully for 2 weeks. Upon a routine restart, one of them stopped mining.
Using 2 supplies for the blades, both Cooler Master CM 350 Plus. The other two are working perfectly.

Have tried changing and verifying all the settings including the NTP servers, using google DNS servers, different mining pools, different power supplies, using only one blade, reconnecting the wiring from the blades, have also performed a hard reset, changed my time zone to the appropriate one but nothing is working. It powers up, control board shows both the green lights and the red light, however no lights come on the blades. I can login via the web GUI and also using SSH. I have also pinged via the device and network connection is good. Also the device status page shows nothing in the ASIC area!

I have tried every freaking thing possible, but this wont work! I am attaching the logs, any help would be appreciated!
P.S. I think its not recognizing the blades as kernel log shows USB device read error!

I checked Kernel Logs on 2 Ants, and am getting some extra stuff after your last line
Code:
[   20.310000] eth1: link up (100Mbps/Full duplex)
[   21.500000] usb 1-1.1: USB disconnect, device number 3
[   21.500000] bitmain 1-1.1:1.0: USB Bitmain asic #0 now disconnected
[   21.790000] usb 1-1.1: new full-speed USB device number 4 using ehci-platform
[   21.940000] bitmainbl 1-1.1:1.0: USB Bitmain bootloader device now attached to USB Bitmain bootloader-0
[   21.950000] PIC microchip bootloader usb OK
[   31.380000] no int in filled
[   32.750000] usb 1-1.1: USB disconnect, device number 4
[   32.760000] bitmainbl 1-1.1:1.0: USB Bitmain asic #0 now disconnected
[   33.010000] usb 1-1.1: new full-speed USB device number 5 using ehci-platform
[   33.150000] bitmain 1-1.1:1.0: USB Bitmain asic device now attached to USB Bitmain asic-0
[   33.160000] PIC microchip usb OK
[   62.630000] bitmain 1-1.1:1.0: USB Bitmain asic #0 now disconnected
Are you getting anything else at the end of the Kernel Log?

From your status line, looks like your blades are not detected (or you did not wait long enough, as this screen capture is after 1m)
Could be interconnecting cables to the blades, power supplie(s), corrupt firmware?

Good luck

Waited for more than a hour, still no further lines appear in Kernel Log. Checked interconnecting cables as well as power supply! Have not done anything to the firmware. I thought a hard reset would rectify any firmware related issues! I also think the blades are not being detected! Any further ideas?
A hard reset will only fix configuration issues, but if the application is corrupt, that would not help.  If you have a few S1's you could do some swapping between them, to try and isolate the problem.  Another area that you may want to explore is your power supply.  It's unclear from your post how you power this Ant - do you use a single Cooler Master CM 350 Plus?  (that maybe marginal), or two of these (one per blade)? Some web sites claim that it is a 2 rail power supply, however others http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/Cooler-Master-Elite-Power-350-W-Power-Supply-Review/1184/6 claim that it is really a single rail (both rails "hard joined").  Assuming that you are using 2 Cooler Master CM 350 Plus PSUs, one per blade, this should be enough (23A x 12V=276W per blade > 360/2=180W for nominal hash rate).  Are you using some mechanism to turn both PSUs on simultaneously?  Try swapping power supplies between good Ants and the sick one.  You could also try running it with a single blade.  If your firmware is stuffed (probably due to 'brownout condition' with a marginal power supply, then you might need to re-flash it (hopefully the basic part of your controller is still alive and capable of being re-flashed).  You can download the latest firmware from Bitmain's web site (I would try to swap controller boards first to support the 'bad firmware' idea).
Good luck

I am using two separate power supplies, one per blade! I also tried switching to other working supplies, but nothing worked! I have also flashed to latest firmware but even that did not help! Also, what do you mean by swap controller boards? I mean how can i do that?
And thanks in advance for your help!
bspurloc

Activity: 569
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 08:01:40 PM

Each PCIE connection on the S1 miner requires a separate cable, try it that way also. (no splitters)

No it doesn't. What makes you think that?

definitely doesnt...

However I prefer my wires to not be hot to the touch, slightly warm is better. but either way the same amps are getting there.
AngusCanine
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

To weird to live To rare to die

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2014, 03:09:02 AM

This happened to me no lights, fan came on instantly when turned on, was able to connect to it, set it up, pools said alive  but hash rate was zero! I had someone help me ( this person has a mining farm) He confirmed for me s1 was faulty, I contacted Bitmain they asked me to disassemble miner and send back parts, I complied sent back two hashing boards one controller board and voluntarily sent the connecting ribbons. Two weeks later received s1 back only to find  they've sent back my old hashing boards and controller complete with thermal paste minus connecting ribbons ( 2 8pin  and 1 4pin ). You can guess how I feel right now.

Yeh I would know how that feels, same feeling when UPS told me my antminer was delivered and signed for when clearly it wasn't me.

Well If I were in your shoes I would contact bitmain and ask for the ribbons, and at the same time, probably go down to some electronics or security alarm shop and see if they got connecting ribbons, there should be enough images on the net to work out which is pin1 on both ends. Just get one blade working first
probably take them  a few days to get back to me, a few days to decided if there going to send the ribbons, then a few days to deliver it, then I'll waste another night of my life setting up and trouble shooting the faulty equipment that they just sent back.....I'm only home one week out of the month, I can't get back the three nights wasted trouble shooting, or the next there nights sleeping on the couch because my wifes mad I wasted the the first three nights. I guess its hit or miss with these s1's. I'm betting nothing gets resolved  that's why there isnt a phone number to call or support on there website. As far was this thread goes ... only help I can see is from fellow bitcoiners. Where's Bitmain? Where's the support ? I referred here first when I reported the problem, they must think we don't read the tutorials. I better stop now before I say things I can't delete.........
kabopar

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 03:56:50 AM
Last edit: April 28, 2014, 11:15:34 AM by kabopar

Hey

I have an issue with an Antminer S1!

i bought 3 of them together, and had been running them successfully for 2 weeks. Upon a routine restart, one of them stopped mining.
Using 2 supplies for the blades, both Cooler Master CM 350 Plus. The other two are working perfectly.

Have tried changing and verifying all the settings including the NTP servers, using google DNS servers, different mining pools, different power supplies, using only one blade, reconnecting the wiring from the blades, have also performed a hard reset, changed my time zone to the appropriate one but nothing is working. It powers up, control board shows both the green lights and the red light, however no lights come on the blades. I can login via the web GUI and also using SSH. I have also pinged via the device and network connection is good. Also the device status page shows nothing in the ASIC area!

I have tried every freaking thing possible, but this wont work! I am attaching the logs, any help would be appreciated!
P.S. I think its not recognizing the blades as kernel log shows USB device read error!

From your status line, looks like your blades are not detected (or you did not wait long enough, as this screen capture is after 1m)
Could be interconnecting cables to the blades, power supplie(s), corrupt firmware?

Waited for more than a hour, still no further lines appear in Kernel Log. Checked interconnecting cables as well as power supply! Have not done anything to the firmware. I thought a hard reset would rectify any firmware related issues! I also think the blades are not being detected! Any further ideas?
A hard reset will only fix configuration issues, but if the application is corrupt, that would not help.  If you have a few S1's you could do some swapping between them, to try and isolate the problem.  Another area that you may want to explore is your power supply.  It's unclear from your post how you power this Ant - do you use a single Cooler Master CM 350 Plus?  (that maybe marginal), or two of these (one per blade)? Some web sites claim that it is a 2 rail power supply, however others http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/Cooler-Master-Elite-Power-350-W-Power-Supply-Review/1184/6 claim that it is really a single rail (both rails "hard joined").  Assuming that you are using 2 Cooler Master CM 350 Plus PSUs, one per blade, this should be enough (23A x 12V=276W per blade > 360/2=180W for nominal hash rate).  Are you using some mechanism to turn both PSUs on simultaneously?  Try swapping power supplies between good Ants and the sick one.  You could also try running it with a single blade.  If your firmware is stuffed (probably due to 'brownout condition' with a marginal power supply, then you might need to re-flash it (hopefully the basic part of your controller is still alive and capable of being re-flashed).  You can download the latest firmware from Bitmain's web site (I would try to swap controller boards first to support the 'bad firmware' idea).
Good luck

I am using two separate power supplies, one per blade! I also tried switching to other working supplies, but nothing worked! I have also flashed to latest firmware but even that did not help! Also, what do you mean by swap controller boards? I mean how can i do that?
And thanks in advance for your help!
Maybe you can try running it with a single blade first?  (disconnect all cables to the 2nd blade, the one without the small controller board, including power)
Do you have a higher capacity power supply than this CoolerMaster?  Maybe the 'sick' Ant has a slightly higher initial current requirement that causes your power supply to go into some self-protection mode.
I did not try swapping the controller board between ants myself, but it should simply mean disconnecting cables and mounting hardware and moving the controller from a working Ant to the 'sick' one. You could do this to confirm that the controller board is the cause of the problem (if moving 'known good' controller to 'sick' Ant revives it, and moving the 'suspect' controller into a 'known good' Ant makes it fail, it will be highly likely that this is the cause, at the expense of some fiddling and loss of hashing time).  As your controller is at least partially alive (you can connect to its web gui and re-flash it), I'm not convinced that this is the primary cause however.

Good luck

Any updates on your issue?
AngusCanine
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2014, 12:37:12 PM
Last edit: April 22, 2014, 02:39:35 PM by AngusCanine

This happened to me no lights, fan came on instantly when turned on, was able to connect to it, set it up, pools said alive  but hash rate was zero! I had someone help me ( this person has a mining farm) He confirmed for me s1 was faulty, I contacted Bitmain they asked me to disassemble miner and send back parts, I complied sent back two hashing boards one controller board and voluntarily sent the connecting ribbons. Two weeks later received s1 back only to find  they've sent back my old hashing boards and controller complete with thermal paste minus connecting ribbons ( 2 8pin  and 1 4pin ). You can guess how I feel right now.

probably take them  a few days to get back to me, a few days to decided if there going to send the ribbons, then a few days to deliver it, then I'll waste another night of my life setting up and trouble shooting the faulty equipment that they just sent back.....I'm only home one week out of the month, I can't get back the three nights wasted trouble shooting, or the next there nights sleeping on the couch because my wifes mad I wasted the the first three nights. I guess its hit or miss with these s1's. I'm betting nothing gets resolved  that's why there isnt a phone number to call or support on there website. As far was this thread goes ... only help I can see is from fellow bitcoiners. Where's Bitmain? Where's the support ? I referred here first when I reported the problem, they must think we don't read the tutorials. I better stop now before I say things I can't delete.......

It official Bitmain screwed me... They emailed me back saying I never sent the ribbons...
zied13

Activity: 10

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 02:26:42 PM

anyone can help me i use psu 600 wat with 2 cable  pin it is ok with first miner but second miner when i connect him he work about 20 second the shudown even i try with one plaque some time work other no i dont understand the problem he start to work then closed all lamp so i need to disconnect  5mn from power and try again and same thing it work just 1 time to me then samething
jedimstr

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 05:49:02 PM
Last edit: April 22, 2014, 06:42:21 PM by jedimstr

anyone can help me i use psu 600 wat with 2 cable  pin it is ok with first miner but second miner when i connect him he work about 20 second the shudown even i try with one plaque some time work other no i dont understand the problem he start to work then closed all lamp so i need to disconnect  5mn from power and try again and same thing it work just 1 time to me then samething

1. Punctuation.

2. Are you trying to connect two S1's to a single 600w PSU?  That's not enough juice for two S1's at the same time.

EDITED: for... punctuation.  Oh the irony...

brush242

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 06:02:28 PM

anyone can help me i use psu 600 wat with 2 cable  pin it is ok with first miner but second miner when i connect him he work about 20 second the shudown even i try with one plaque some time work other no i dont understand the problem he start to work then closed all lamp so i need to disconnect  5mn from power and try again and same thing it work just 1 time to me then samething

1. Punctuation

2. Are you tryin to connect two S1's to a single 600w PSU?  That's not enough juice for two at the same time.

Shouldn't you have put a full stop after "Punctuation", and an apostrophe above the "n" in "tryin"?

Support sidehack miner development. Donations to: 1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
jedimstr

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 06:41:10 PM

1. Punctuation

2. Are you tryin to connect two S1's to a single 600w PSU?  That's not enough juice for two at the same time.

Shouldn't you have put a full stop after "Punctuation", and an apostrophe above the "n" in "tryin"?

Yes, and yes.. Wink
Will edit.
It's still better than a whole paragraph without any punctuation nor capitalization.

zied13

Activity: 10

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 10:56:16 PM

sorry for that i speak frensh because.
i use 600 watt for 1 S1 miner and the jumper is good but the miner start about 20 second then shudown and i try again after 10 mn from disconnect from power and again too much time until he keep working we can say it is luck there is something wrong i try other psu samething given i dont know why
brush242

Activity: 322

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 11:00:35 PM

1. Punctuation

Yes, and yes.. Wink
Will edit.
It's still better than a whole paragraph without any punctuation nor capitalization.

Yes, it is better. But you have zero credibility calling someone else on their mistakes and then making some of the same mistakes yourself.

Well done on the "Oh the irony" bit; hilarious!

Support sidehack miner development. Donations to: 1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
AngusCanine
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2014, 02:47:43 AM

This happened to me no lights, fan came on instantly when turned on, was able to connect to it, set it up, pools said alive  but hash rate was zero! I had someone help me ( this person has a mining farm) He confirmed for me s1 was faulty, I contacted Bitmain they asked me to disassemble miner and send back parts, I complied sent back two hashing boards one controller board and voluntarily sent the connecting ribbons. Two weeks later received s1 back only to find  they've sent back my old hashing boards and controller complete with thermal paste minus connecting ribbons ( 2 8pin  and 1 4pin ). You can guess how I feel right now.

probably take them  a few days to get back to me, a few days to decided if there going to send the ribbons, then a few days to deliver it, then I'll waste another night of my life setting up and trouble shooting the faulty equipment that they just sent back.....I'm only home one week out of the month, I can't get back the three nights wasted trouble shooting, or the next there nights sleeping on the couch because my wifes mad I wasted the the first three nights. I guess its hit or miss with these s1's. I'm betting nothing gets resolved  that's why there isnt a phone number to call or support on there website. As far was this thread goes ... only help I can see is from fellow bitcoiners. Where's Bitmain? Where's the support ? I referred here first when I reported the problem, they must think we don't read the tutorials. I better stop now before I say things I can't delete.......

It official Bitmain screwed me... They emailed me back saying I never sent the ribbons...
what ribbons you never sent us ribbons...? Really how much could they cost, it amazes me that they think I would try to scam connecting cables. Didn't even offer to sell me new ones. Who fuck are these people that have in comstomer service, BULLSHIT !!!!
mrd1995

Activity: 3

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 01:44:19 PM

OK so a quick update,

I've now tried several different things that have been suggested. This has included trying it with just 1 blade (still nothing), hooking it up to my router directly instead of my switch (still nothing), hooking the power supply up to a different power outlet (still nothing but worth a try).

I've since ordered a new power supply, the same one used in this tutorial. After researching the power supply I purchased my faith in it has dwindled a bit as I can't find a manufacturer website and I've seen quite a few complains about the one I have in particular around several forums.

I'll let you know how I get on when my new PSU arrives.
casinocoin
Legendary

Activity: 849
Merit: 1050

CasinoCoin

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2014, 06:29:29 PM

Very weird.. I ran my antminer with 3 hexminer connected to the same power supply for about 48 hours no problems.
Removed the hexminers from the psu, and ran the antminer for 24 hrs no problem. Connected via putty this morning changed settings to overclock, and psu would just keep shutting down. Tried connecting some old disc drives and hard drives to the 5v but still nothing keeps shutting down.

Why is it weird? The psu could handle the 3 hexminers + antminer not overclocked but cannot handle just the antminer overclocked?
This seem right?

And now when i go into putty to change the settings back(only 1 card has power so the psu does not power off) i keep getting q is not implemented when hitting wq and exiting puttyIm stupid missed the colon in ssh

Thanks
SyrinxPriest

Activity: 2

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 07:43:37 PM

I cannot seem to get my S1 WAN lights to come on (and as such, cannot access the device at all.)  I have already worked with Bitmain to get a replacement controller board and then a brand new S1.  All have exhibited the same issue.  I'm starting to find it hard to believe that all of this hardware is bad, and that maybe I'm doing something wrong. 

I'm powering my S1 with a Corsair CM750M Power Supply.  I plug in the 2 PCI-e connectors from the Power Supply, (1 to each board), and turn it on.  Fan does not start, green and red lights on the controller board do come on.  No WAN lights though at all.  I've tried numerous network cables, plugging direct to a laptop, router, and switch.  Tried pressing & holding the s2 reset as outlined in the Antminer FAQ.  Out of ideas. 
ITGeniusGuru

Activity: 264

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 12:55:50 AM
Last edit: April 26, 2014, 03:47:04 AM by ITGeniusGuru

Fan does not start, green and red lights on the controller board do come on.  No WAN lights though at all.Out of ideas.  

1. Have you tried a different PSU?
2. Plug an old CDROM drive (or Hard drive) to a 5volt molex connector and re-power evrything.
3. "no WAN light", are those the 2 little lights below the ethernet connector on the controller board?
4. Do you have a sticker on the controller board with an IP addres? If not, most units have a factory default IP address of 192.168.1.99, so make sure - when you connect your ant directly to a computer , that the computer has an IP address 192.168.1.xxx (where xxx is any number between 2 and 253. other than 99).
wolf_miner
Legendary

Activity: 1018

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 06:34:17 AM

Hi, I added a second PWM fan to S1 (Arctic F12PWM) but on the page "Miner Status" of web interface displays only the fan speed 1 but not those of the fan 2 is right or there is a problem?

Hello and thanks W_M
jimrome

Activity: 434

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 07:42:28 AM

Hi, I added a second PWM fan to S1 (Arctic F12PWM) but on the page "Miner Status" of web interface displays only the fan speed 1 but not those of the fan 2 is right or there is a problem?

Hello and thanks W_M

that's expected

you might want to compare your temps with and without fan _installed_ and operating/not operating - I suspect your new front fan could end up jamming up the airflow from the rear fan as it's on the slow side.
wolf_miner
Legendary

Activity: 1018

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 08:43:15 AM

Hi jimrome, the temperature is lowered about 2 or 3 degrees, but in the interface Fan1 rpm is 2080 and Fan2 rpm is 0. The fan that I have added is PWM with rpm sensor but no rpm (zero) is showed in the interface.

W_M
Pages: « 1 ... 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 [136] 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 »
  Print  

Jump to: