Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 05:03:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 [1290] 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 ... 2557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NXT :: descendant of Bitcoin - Updated Information  (Read 2761542 times)
NxtChg

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

Simcoin Developer

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2014, 05:35:06 PM

How? You will still need a secret phrase to sign transactions.

Simcoin: https://simtalk.org:444/ | The Simplest Bitcoin Wallet: https://tsbw.io/ | Coinmix: https://coinmix.to | Tippr stats: https://tsbw.io/tippr/
--
About smaragda and his lies: https://medium.com/@nxtchg/about-smaragda-and-his-lies-c376e4694de9
msin
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 05:38:50 PM

Well, for one, NXT is not inflationary. Emunie and Eth have huge inflation.

So why would NXT lose it's store of value if "it does not gain investor focus"? Will all of your coins suddenly be worth less?

Also, is it just me or suddenly in the last 5 pages or so people became very, very concerned with price? People forgot already NXT went all the way up to $60mil market cap in 2 months already? Yes, it's a slow period, price-wise, but this always happens after a large rise.

My advice, don't worry about the price. We have people here that constantly deliver good results, I wouldn't want them to half-ass something just so a few people can make a quick buck.

Many new users here concerned about price, probably recent acquisitions.  I have never been concerned with marketcap, Nxt is larger than any $ value, it's potential and usability can supersede any current crypto.  It's hard for people not to worry about price when they acquire Nxt for a quick profit, every currency has day traders.  Regardless, if you bought BTC in '11 and weathered the storm, you are rich.  The same goes for Nxt, our '11 is now.
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 05:38:55 PM

No. NRS will provide prepareTransaction that returns unsigned raw bytes. Signing is supposed to be done in client soft.
utopianfuture

Activity: 602
Merit: 268

Internet of Value

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 05:40:42 PM

yes, we need unless you prefer emunie starts to gain market share at the expense of nxt. What would happen if emunie starts to gain investor attention because they implement some features that nxt is just talking about??

don't you think it would be better to say to the world, look, nxt is here with those features done before any other crypto and make a strong marketing campaing.

Has any stakeholder talked about hiring a good SEO or marketing professional??

TBH, I prefer to use Nxt as store of value, eMunie as mean of exchange and Ethereum for public smart contracts (to fund firemen, etc.).

i deduct from your answer that you like Nxt as a store of value because it is going to rise in value against any other currency. Am I correct in this assertion?

How would it be achieved if nxt starts to lose value against other currencies because it does not gain investor focus?? In this case, it would be useless as a store of value.

do you have any ace upon your sleeve (whatever it is) in relation to the promised nxt innovations just in case any other currency becomes mainstrem instead of Nxt??

thank you for your answers.

So why would NXT lose it's store of value if "it does not gain investor focus"? Will all of your coins suddenly be worth less?

Also, is it just me or suddenly in the last 5 pages or so people became very, very concerned with price? People forgot already NXT went all the way up to $60mil market cap in 2 months already? Yes, it's a slow period, price-wise, but this always happens after a large rise.

My advice, don't worry about the price. We have people here that constantly deliver good results, I wouldn't want them to half-ass something just so a few people can make a quick buck.

I can't say much about Ether but to me Emunie is based on some very questionable assumption such as Emunie's price will always rise. As long as Emunie's price is falling, the whole thing would just collapse. It is very difficult to keep a currency stable and impossible with crypto currency due to a heavy element of speculation.

I believe Emunie is doomed to fail at the first crash. So sorry Cfb, you won't have a chance to use Emuine to exchange because it won't reach that scale ever.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
█████████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
  TomoChain  •    •  TomoChain 
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ChuckOne

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

☕ NXT-4BTE-8Y4K-CDS2-6TB82

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 05:43:22 PM

Maybe, I missed that something but what will be the alternative?

Other clients.

Official ones?
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 05:46:10 PM

Official ones?

Official? Explain plz.
NxtChg

Simcoin Developer

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2014, 05:47:03 PM

No. NRS will provide prepareTransaction that returns unsigned raw bytes. Signing is supposed to be done in client soft.

So it won't actually be obsolete. What you're saying is that it will be responsibility of each individual client.

Ok, so it seems that all client developers should form a group, where you guys will discuss the things that must be the same in all clients.

This working group then should produce wiki articles (or whatever our version of RFC will be).

So for this particular issue you all need to pick an algorithm to improve security of user passphrases. Probably PBKDF2.

This algorithm must be the same in all clients, so the user can open his wallet everywhere.

Simcoin: https://simtalk.org:444/ | The Simplest Bitcoin Wallet: https://tsbw.io/ | Coinmix: https://coinmix.to | Tippr stats: https://tsbw.io/tippr/
--
About smaragda and his lies: https://medium.com/@nxtchg/about-smaragda-and-his-lies-c376e4694de9
msin
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 05:48:01 PM

Vault of Satoshi adding NXT in near future!
http://www.coindesk.com/vault-of-satoshi-new-altcoin-support/

"Among those soon to be supported by the exchange are Marketcoin, and Nxt. However, these are taking considerably more work due to their fundamentally different architectures, he said."

I suggest everyone email Vault of Satoshi to give your support of Nxt, they will most likely implement Nxt quickly if they see the support.  hello@vaultofsatoshi.com
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 05:49:19 PM

"Among those soon to be supported by the exchange are Marketcoin, and Nxt. However, these are taking considerably more work due to their fundamentally different architectures, he said."

I suggest everyone email Vault of Satoshi to give your support of Nxt, they will most likely implement Nxt quickly if they see the support.  hello@vaultofsatoshi.com

No need to DDoS them. Actually, they have no other choice.
bitcoinpaul

Activity: 910

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 05:50:25 PM

This algorithm must be the same in all clients, so the user can open his wallet everywhere.

imho bitcoin wallets are noninterchangeable, unless you are importing/exporting them. right?
salsacz

Activity: 490
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 05:50:31 PM

Justabit already sent him contacts on devs and "managers" to help Smiley
NxtChg

Simcoin Developer

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2014, 05:53:25 PM

imho bitcoin wallets are noninterchangeable, unless you are importing/exporting them. right?

And they are upset about it and want to standardize them.

--
klee
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 05:53:54 PM

yes, we need unless you prefer emunie starts to gain market share at the expense of nxt. What would happen if emunie starts to gain investor attention because they implement some features that nxt is just talking about??

don't you think it would be better to say to the world, look, nxt is here with those features done before any other crypto and make a strong marketing campaing.

TBH, I prefer to use Nxt as store of value, eMunie as mean of exchange and Ethereum for public smart contracts (to fund firemen, etc.).

i deduct from your answer that you like Nxt as a store of value because it is going to rise in value against any other currency. Am I correct in this assertion?

How would it be achieved if nxt starts to lose value against other currencies because it does not gain investor focus?? In this case, it would be useless as a store of value.

do you have any ace upon your sleeve (whatever it is) in relation to the promised nxt innovations just in case any other currency becomes mainstrem instead of Nxt??

I can't say much about Ether but to me Emunie is based on some very questionable assumption such as Emunie's price will always rise. As long as Emunie's price is falling, the whole thing would just collapse. It is very difficult to keep a currency stable and impossible with crypto currency due to a heavy element of speculation.

I believe Emunie is doomed to fail at the first crash. So sorry Cfb, you won't have a chance to use Emuine to exchange because it won't reach that scale ever.
I am very curious to see how MSC, Bitshares, eMunie and Ethereum will handle the regulatory pressures (they are eponymous - launched IPOs without being SEC compliant, even Bitshares with their Angelshares) while NXT and XCP followed Satoshi's paradigm.

Furthermore they are not decentralised and we all have seen how popular Ripple is...in fact this is the weakest link in Mastercoin - almost a non existent community, only bounties left untouched!!

While here we have a supportive community thriving with developers and promoters - make me feel guilt I am a big stakeholder while other people do so much things for NXT.

At least I am not shamelessly attacking the community while I DON'T DO ANYTHING about it - I am talking about you eMULE, your nick could not much you any better!
ChuckOne

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 05:54:34 PM

Official ones?

Official? Explain plz.

Well, today there is the NRC. It's what most people understand of official.

Most importantly, it's the most trusted one. So, how can I trust other clients NOT to steal my Nxts? If I wouldn't be an software engineer, I could also add I have no way to determine the trustworthiness. (It's anyway a very tedious and error-prone work, cf. all the reviews etc.)

There is no way, the network could tell me whether my client is trustworthy. E.g. it orders an transaction that destroys my Nxts. Then what? I could complain and warn other people, but my Nxts are gone.
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 05:56:46 PM

Official ones?

Official? Explain plz.

Most importantly, it's the most trusted one. So, how can I trust other clients NOT to steal my Nxts? If I wouldn't be an software engineer, I could also add I have no way to determine the trustworthiness. (It's anyway a very tedious and error-prone work, cf. all the reviews etc.)

There is no way, the network could tell me whether my client is trustworthy. E.g. it orders an transaction that destroys my Nxts. Then what? I could complain and warn other people, but my Nxts are gone.

Stick to good old "Don't invest more than u can afford to lose".
kunibopl

Activity: 184
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 05:59:14 PM
Last edit: January 29, 2014, 06:42:44 PM by kunibopl

Regarding Mixing Service. Do we need such on-chain service that mixes coins with anonymity-reliability trade-off? 30% anonymity means 70% reliability to get all the coins back. Yes, it means that with 100% anonymity u could get 0% - 200% coins back.

can you elaborate on how the mixing service can work and why such high risks are involved?
the anonymity feature is quite important in my view.

edit: I got it. it is a users idea.

NXT: 5231236538923913892
Bitventurer

Activity: 488

S P 8 D E

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2014, 05:59:19 PM

I am very curious to see how MSC, Bitshares, eMunie and Ethereum will handle the regulatory pressures (they are eponymous - launched IPOs without being SEC compliant, even Bitshares with their Angelshares) while NXT and XCP followed Satoshi's paradigm.

Furthermore they are not decentralised and we all have seen how popular Ripple is...in fact this is the weakest link in Mastercoin - almost a non existent community, only bounties left untouched!!

While here we have a supportive community thriving with developers and promoters - make me feel guilt I am a big stakeholder while other people do so much things for NXT.

At least I am not shamelessly attacking the community while I DON'T DO ANYTHING about it - I am talking about you eMULE, your nick could not much you any better!

That's exactly the point , those projects can get in real trouble , and thats why nxt will be the NUMERO UNO. in the 2gen.

SP8DE - The Game of Chance. Changed.
ChuckOne

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 06:03:50 PM

Official ones?

Official? Explain plz.

Stick to good old "Don't invest more than u can afford to lose".

I know what you mean. Alternatives are good. However, most people like to have one trustworthy source. Especially, if you strive for wider adoption.
NxtChg

Simcoin Developer

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2014, 06:04:35 PM

I know what you mean. Alternatives are good. However, most people like to have one trustworthy source. Especially, if you strive for wider adoption.

What makes you trust NRS now?

--
EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 06:07:06 PM

Frictionlesscoin vs EvilDave:

Hey Dave, why are you still bothering with this guy?

and seriously

Why do you need to show everybody here that you are doing it? That looks like it is this thread that asks for it.

Just let him be, why do you need to annoy him. Do something better, i'm sure you can mate  Grin

He's threatened myself and others in the NXT community with legal action for little more than asking questions.
He's also gone public with his desire to destroy NXT.

This isn't about me grandstanding, he's had a long, long history of trolling NXT and I've just had enough of him.
And, yeah, there are better things I could do with my time.... Wink

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
Pages: « 1 ... 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 [1290] 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 ... 2557 »
  Print  

Jump to: