Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:50:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2153 2154 2155 2156 2157 2158 2159 2160 2161 2162 2163 2164 2165 2166 2167 2168 2169 2170 2171 2172 2173 2174 2175 2176 2177 2178 2179 2180 2181 2182 2183 2184 2185 2186 2187 2188 2189 2190 2191 2192 2193 2194 2195 2196 2197 2198 2199 2200 2201 2202 [2203] 2204 2205 2206 2207 2208 2209 2210 2211 2212 2213 2214 2215 2216 2217 2218 2219 2220 2221 2222 2223 2224 2225 2226 2227 2228 2229 2230 2231 2232 2233 2234 2235 2236 2237 2238 2239 2240 2241 2242 2243 2244 2245 2246 2247 2248 2249 2250 2251 2252 2253 ... 2557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NXT :: descendant of Bitcoin - Updated Information  (Read 2761525 times)
jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2014, 11:56:10 PM

James

I appreciate what you are doing, and I'm sure most everyone else here does as well. I'll send you some nxt when I get to a trusted computer - what's your preferred address?

Your ideas and work are going to receive criticism, because everyone here is financially and emotionally invested in nxt. I just wish that people here would not resort to claiming that nxt is doomed if their ideas don't win out. A community of people that is constantly at each others throats will ultimately damage the nxt experiment.
my nodecoins address in my sig

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
rdanneskjoldr

Activity: 288
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 12:02:51 AM

James,im sure you dont think community is not supporting you.Most of it does,and we cant thank you enough for it.I dont know if we would have the asset exchange without you,things would be different..

But with nodecoins there have been some doubts.It is something totally new and we still dont know everything it implies.So no one is attacking you for it,we are just a bit afraid of something new that changes our idea of Nxt. Debate will help to take better decissions.
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2014, 12:03:17 AM

Nodecoin is not a clear cut issue. It seems more want to see where this goes than not. James, release the hounds. I hope you make a lot of money on it.

As far as I know James does not care much about money. He's got a nice IRL income... he doesn't really require more than that. He has enough to comfortably use his brain.
I have no RL income, all my income comes from crypto. I am currently working on a three month contract funded by neer.g for $2000 USD/month paid in NXT. Based on the number of hours I work, it is about minimum wage, but that is all I need to cover RL expenses.

If my performance is insufficient (or I inadvertently destroy NXT) I dont imagine my contract will be renewed after May 12th

My charter is to do the community's will, so when the community is divided, I need to figure out what to do instead of coding.

I am in the curious position of having authority over millions of NXT, but since there was nobody who would sign up to do the bounties fulltime, I decided it was best if I just implemented what I saw best for NXT. Due to conflict of interest concerns, I cant authorize payments to myself for my dev work, not that I have actually formally released anything yet.

James

P.S. There have been some kind donations to me personally, but I think so far it is less than 2000 NXT total.

1M NXT for zerocoin implementation
Yes, that is the budget for NXTcash operating expenses, but the NXTcash completion bonus fund http://87.230.14.1/nxt/nxt.cgi?action=100 has 33,000 NXT in it.

I am assuming I cant pay myself anything from the NXTcash operating budget, so it falls into the same category as the NXTcommunityfunds (other than neer.g's setaside for me)

James
Why? This was supposed to cover whatever expense you might need to, including salaries for everyone involved, including you (at least part of them)!

The completion bonus fund should be higher but I don't see why not to cover your manhours (and others) from my donations.

Can we have a clear picture on the status of my donation? Where they have been spent? How? We need transparency in this I think..
Total NXTcash operating fund spent to date: 0 NXT

Bloodyrookie and marcus03 put together a proof of concept version. With parallel chains a possibility, it really affects the project path, so that needs to be clarified. Though marcus could start work on most of the client side changes as they are pretty independent of specific server side details.

i am designing nodecoin and multigateway and NXTmixer and NXTcash to share the same codebase and even same set of server infrastructure, so it is hard to allocate my time based on project as they are all interconnected in my mind. It just seems like doubledipping if I am getting paid from neer.g and to claim NXTcash payments on top.

James

Malibusparky

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 12:03:24 AM

James

I appreciate what you are doing, and I'm sure most everyone else here does as well. I'll send you some nxt when I get to a trusted computer - what's your preferred address?

Your ideas and work are going to receive criticism, because everyone here is financially and emotionally invested in nxt. I just wish that people here would not resort to claiming that nxt is doomed if their ideas don't win out. A community of people that is constantly at each others throats will ultimately damage the nxt experiment.
it already has damaged
this is the third day I have lost due to negativity in the last few weeks
worse is, each time I find it harder and harder to get back in a groove

Would you peoples be treating CfB or jean-luc this way? I know I am nothing compare to them, but dont I deserve at least a little respect?

I read everything. I have no opinion on node coin. Nobody has disrespected you. Is your idea of respect loving node coin and not stating
their opinions as to why they feel it is bad for NXT? You have childish tendencies from what I've seen in this thread. Just because you
work hard for nxt does not mean you are doing the right thing. If your ideas receive a lot of negativity where others do not, think about why that is.
klee
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 12:10:34 AM

Nodecoin is not a clear cut issue. It seems more want to see where this goes than not. James, release the hounds. I hope you make a lot of money on it.

As far as I know James does not care much about money. He's got a nice IRL income... he doesn't really require more than that. He has enough to comfortably use his brain.
I have no RL income, all my income comes from crypto. I am currently working on a three month contract funded by neer.g for $2000 USD/month paid in NXT. Based on the number of hours I work, it is about minimum wage, but that is all I need to cover RL expenses.

If my performance is insufficient (or I inadvertently destroy NXT) I dont imagine my contract will be renewed after May 12th

My charter is to do the community's will, so when the community is divided, I need to figure out what to do instead of coding.

I am in the curious position of having authority over millions of NXT, but since there was nobody who would sign up to do the bounties fulltime, I decided it was best if I just implemented what I saw best for NXT. Due to conflict of interest concerns, I cant authorize payments to myself for my dev work, not that I have actually formally released anything yet.

James

P.S. There have been some kind donations to me personally, but I think so far it is less than 2000 NXT total.

Yes, that is the budget for NXTcash operating expenses, but the NXTcash completion bonus fund http://87.230.14.1/nxt/nxt.cgi?action=100 has 33,000 NXT in it.

I am assuming I cant pay myself anything from the NXTcash operating budget, so it falls into the same category as the NXTcommunityfunds (other than neer.g's setaside for me)

James
Why? This was supposed to cover whatever expense you might need to, including salaries for everyone involved, including you (at least part of them)!

The completion bonus fund should be higher but I don't see why not to cover your manhours (and others) from my donations.

Can we have a clear picture on the status of my donation? Where they have been spent? How? We need transparency in this I think..

Bloodyrookie and marcus03 put together a proof of concept version. With parallel chains a possibility, it really affects the project path, so that needs to be clarified. Though marcus could start work on most of the client side changes as they are pretty independent of specific server side details.

i am designing nodecoin and multigateway and NXTmixer and NXTcash to share the same codebase and even same set of server infrastructure, so it is hard to allocate my time based on project as they are all interconnected in my mind. It just seems like doubledipping if I am getting paid from neer.g and to claim NXTcash payments on top.

James
Familiarization/investigation phase should be rewarded too - this is not a bounty fund, it is for covering expenses & salaries!
Other big stakes should fill the completion fund too (asap)!

Pay the guys and your self for f@cks sake!!  Shocked

EDIT: Just do it in a transparent way so no one can say anything bad for the management of the funding..
klee
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 12:15:03 AM

I'm taking a break from this thread.  Will post when I have something to report.
Up until now only BTC was able to provoke in me such feeling(s)...
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2014, 12:15:35 AM

James

it already has damaged

Would you peoples be treating CfB or jean-luc this way? I know I am nothing compare to them, but dont I deserve at least a little respect?

I read everything. I have no opinion on node coin. Nobody has disrespected you. If your idea of respect is loving node coin and not stating
their opinions as to why they feel it is bad for NXT? You have childish tendencies from what I've seen in this thread. Just because you
work hard for nxt does not mean you are doing the right thing. If your ideas receive a lot of negativity where others do not, think about why that is.

Maybe it is because a lot of people dont understand things as well as I do. That is the lack of respect I am talking about. I addressed the concerns raised, logically. However, instead of accepting my assessment based on knowledge of ripple markets, NXT AE, coding nodecoin, etc., all that is ignored and some unsubstantiated claim about nodecoin destroying NXT becomes accepted by a vocal minority, ignoring my track record of being right about things.

Now I am childish too. Great. Maybe I am an irresponsible moron, idiot, etc too. All things I have been called. I am complaining about hostile work conditions. If that is childish, then I am childish.

I am beginning to understand why BCNext disappeared. Why jean-luc just pretty much only posts release notes and Cfb selectively answers everything with cryptic one liners.

Would you all prefer I do something similar? Disappear, release notes only or cryptic oneliners.

James

apenzl

Activity: 396
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2014, 12:17:28 AM

James, the negativity gets on everybody's nerves. It really sucks. But there's the FUD, and then there are people trying to understand and therefore asking questions, expressing their fears. So be it. As for the Ddos-accusations (maybe caused by jet lag and too much latté, I recall Wink), please remember the applauses you got too. Page after page. They still stand. The community backs you up, big time, but fanboys don't scream as loud as the opposers. We all believe in you, but not everybody can step up and argument for you. This because you are way ahead of most, work solo, and act instead of explaining everything in detail first. When you do explain, it often results in an even better idea, and you are off again. Whew. I know how that mechanism works, but you cannot expect the whole community to follow that.

Of course you need help! Hire some. Or hire someone to hire some. Spend some Nxt for the community. I'm pretty sure that most here wish they could help, but we can't. We can add to your ideas, but not code them. And since talking but not communicating our visions openly seems to be a problem here, open a thread - or a 1000 threads - like you announced that you would, and we'll be there. Involve more people, and you will have more voices battling the negativity too. Take a day off and consider how to let us in. We will all benefit.

Touque

Activity: 94

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 12:19:48 AM
Last edit: March 14, 2014, 12:30:58 AM by Touque

Nodecoin will not allow you to circumvent Nxt fees, it's not built into core.  It's just an asset that you get for running a node, very simple. People will have to run Nxt client to get Nodecoin, so I have no idea why this would be perceived as bad for Nxt.  Nodecoin should be redeemable for accessing services (DAC, NxtCash, whatever), not for Nxt itself.  I don't see anyone trading Nxt for Nodecoin.  It gives us a good testcase for AE coins.  Thank you James.  Now let's help James with DAC, NxtCash, the good stuff!  

If you run a NXT node, you are supposed to receive NXTcoins and it is called forging. That is what NXTcoins are designed to do. If you think people running nodes don't get enough Nxtcoins, you need to fix it by increasing the transactions or compensate with NXT or btc. You don't compensate them with nodecoins because nodecoins are created from nowhere and almost no cost. Then you pay 0.01 Nxtcoin for 1 nodecoins. You devalue the Nxtcoins right here. All transactions (dac, nxtcash, Escrow service and so on) on NXT platform should be charged with NXT and NXT alone.

Imaging in the future, if there are 30% nodes are compensated by nodecoins, will you still be able to control the price and only pay 0.01 NXT for 1 nodecoins? No, it will be 1 nodecoin=0.3 Nxtcoin. It will devalue NXTcoins right there.

It is great to create coins on top of NXT. It is also BCNext's vision. But you need to do it with a business purpose, not doing what Nxtcoins are supposed to do. BCNext has mentioned that he tried to reduce mining for mining (selfish mining). We should not double reward this kind forging/mining for mining thing, especially at NXT owners cost. This is definitely not consistent to BCNext's vision.
klee
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 12:20:29 AM

James

James

James
Nodecoin could be great if it could help for anonymity - everyone will be happy. Think something to use it!
Neer is in daily touch with me (as is Pouncer and now Aldrin) - we have no issue with what you say, stop worrying about this please!
Damelon
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1010

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 12:23:35 AM

James

it already has damaged

I read everything. I have no opinion on node coin. Nobody has disrespected you. Is your idea of respect loving node coin and not stating

Thank you for the most useless post of the day.
Coming into a thread, and not even adding something with content, but immediately starting with a personal attack on one of the person who has worked the hardest on this project.

Well, great! Just great! Do you feel like a big man now?

James, I've said it before and say it again: big respect for the fact that you put your money where your mouth is. I appreciate your efforts enormously and find your work ethics a joy to behold.

I sincerely hope you will be able to load up your battery again and have fun in your creating again. Smiley

Member of the Nxt Foundation | Donations: NXT-D6K7-MLY6-98FM-FLL5T
Join Nxt Slack! https://nxtchat.herokuapp.com/
Founder of Blockchain Workspace | Personal Site & Blog
Malibusparky

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 12:26:04 AM

jl777 I now understand why nodecoin is bad for NXT. But according to you I am not allowed to have this opinion. And according to your cheerleaders
me having this opinion makes me a negative troll. So in order not to disrespect you I have to say nodecoin is smart. And your supporters for them not
to call me a negative person I must say go nodecoin because jl777 works alot at it so he is ofcourse right.

I was wrong to say childish. You are very sensitive I think is better term.
NxtMinnow

Activity: 84

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 12:27:04 AM

jl777 aka James,

I fully support your effort towards development of Nxt. Already in the short time here you have developed and implemented several disruptive technologies.

I recommend you take klee's advice, pay you and your guys for the hours in to Nxt, post it and take a day or three away from this thread.

The technology you are showing use case uses for is so disruptive that members of the community react in fear, irrationally of what they do not understand.

Please don't take the ignorance of some BCT forum members (who may or may not be NXT stakeholders) personally in any way.

I will be representing the ground-breaking technologies that Nxt is developing on March 25th at Coinsumm.it and it is my intention to seek out interested investors and developers for this innovative cryptocurrency ecosystem, to which James is adding tremendous value.

Take a day James. You deserve it. Ignore the naysayers.

Sincerely,

Brian Snyder
rickyjames

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 12:33:53 AM

i claim the NXT market cap will correlate with the SUM of the value of all the assets in AE. I provide as evidence, XRP market cap, which has done exactly that. At least as a rough approx, as big surge in December corresponded to big influx in CNY and subsequent decay in gradual exodus of assets out of ripple network.

Like it or not, AE makes NXT a similar animal as XRP. I have first hand experience with ripple and how it has fluctuated. I used to be an active market maker there, until the total fiat inside ripple drained away. I am not an economist, but when I see 70% of assets disappear and market value drops by 70%, well I was able to put two and two together.

What is your evidence of NXT destruction?

How exactly did you envision creating an economy using NXT by by building on top of NXT?
What is an economy? Isnt it people trading stuff with each other? Having a coinmarketcap war inside of NXT will bring a lot of activity and new blood into NXT. It will spawn the need for charting services, automated bot services, market makers, etc. Not exactly the joe-sixpack demographic, but in crypto land we know this is the group that provides liquidity.

I believe that I understand a lot of nuances about all this. If you have any evidence to support your theory that having active trading market of assets is totally destructive to NXT, please post. Otherwise you are just yelling "fire" in a movie theater, when there is no fire.

James

James, I'm gonna stop yelling fire in the movie theatre.  I am not an economist and I have no idea what will happen with nodecoin, I only have my fears.  I am an adventurer, tho, so ultimately I say let's let it rip and see what happens.  You have worked hard and have created an innovative piece of tech that has revolutionary potential.  You deserve kudos and compensation.  I do not want to be a wet blanket that destroys your enthusiasm, your enthusiasm is one of the greatest assets we have in this community.  So please accept my admiration for you doing what I do not have the skill set to do myself.

We all care about NXT and have our own ways to contribute to it.   My ways to contribute are basically to promote it as a first gen coin with key advantages over Bitcoin - green, efficient PoS TF, lightweight / prunable blockchain, 1000TPS, up-and-coming anonymity via mixing/zerocash, etc. etc.  This is what I understand best and what I think I can push / sell to a receptive audience.  My preference would be for dev work to concentrate on bringing these 1st gen capabilities online ASAP, get NXT established as a strong 1st gen coin, THEN bring on the 2nd gen icing on the cake.  Instead we seem to be jumping right into the 2nd gen goodness as our main claim to fame - AE, nodecoin/othercoins, alias registration.  Maybe rolling out these new revolutionary capabilities first will cause NXT to take off like a rocket. I hope so.  

It's all gonna get developed eventually, this group is that smart.  I only hope that our sequencing of rollout is optimal instead of haphazard.  No matter what, you've done great and we all appreciate your efforts.  That's a fact.
Malibusparky

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 12:36:03 AM

James

it already has damaged

Coming into a thread, and not even adding something with content, but immediately starting with a personal attack on one of the person who has worked the hardest on this project.

James, I've said it before and say it again: big respect for the fact that you put your money where your mouth is. I appreciate your efforts enormously and find your work ethics a joy to behold.

I sincerely hope you will be able to load up your battery again and have fun in your creating again. Smiley

Your mind clouds what your eyes see. There was no personal attack. I dare somebody else say to agree with you. Do you remember in the thread a long time ago he had a tantrum when alot of people saying he needs to slow down his ideas. Again today because not everybody like nodecoin he starts sarcastic comments about inventing more coins. TF coin global warming coin. That I call childish tendencies wouldn't you? Like I said sensitive is better term.
ebereon

Activity: 397
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 12:44:41 AM

James 10000 NXT sent to 18146608053740744717
NxtMinnow

Activity: 84

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 12:46:02 AM

If any one here thinks the competition isn't tight for cryptocurrency exchanges; this is required reading...

http://blogs.wsj.com/moneybeat/2014/03/12/bitbeat-coindesk-index-finds-a-mt-gox-replacement/
chanc3r

Activity: 952
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 12:50:59 AM

James

it already has damaged

+999,999,999 nodecoins Smiley

jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2014, 12:52:47 AM

Nodecoin could be great if it could help for anonymity - everyone will be happy. Think something to use it!
Neer is in daily touch with me (as is Pouncer and now Aldrin) - we have no issue with what you say, stop worrying about this please!
Thanks, but I tend to worry about everything.

nodecoins are something everybody will have and it would make the perfect medium for the regular NXTmixer broadcasts without bloating NXT blockchain with 20,000 transactions per period. Using nodecoins as the carrier signal for encrypted payments using accounts funded by NXTcash funded accts will create the best anonymity of anything I am aware of. Even the ever skeptical anonymint didnt find anything major to complain about and that was before my latest improvements.

I was working on a dynamically self-adapting internal network that is resistant to Ddos attack and with a constantly changing designated mixing server, decentralized within the scope of the guardian servers. That is why I am using 100+ servers for this.

Then I was hijacked by all the complaints about nodecoin. Lets ignore the fact that the data that nodeminer reports can be used to recreate the exact NXT network topology and could be used to provide validation to TF or even provide an independent method of high TPS. All this nodecoin fear mongering by respected community members makes it quite difficult...

James

levinhostar

Activity: 83

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 12:53:58 AM

jl777 aka James,

I fully support your effort towards development of Nxt. Already in the short time here you have developed and implemented several disruptive technologies.

I recommend you take klee's advice, pay you and your guys for the hours in to Nxt, post it and take a day or three away from this thread.

The technology you are showing use case uses for is so disruptive that members of the community react in fear, irrationally of what they do not understand.

Please don't take the ignorance of some BCT forum members (who may or may not be NXT stakeholders) personally in any way.

I will be representing the ground-breaking technologies that Nxt is developing on March 25th at Coinsumm.it and it is my intention to seek out interested investors and developers for this innovative cryptocurrency ecosystem, to which James is adding tremendous value.

Take a day James. You deserve it. Ignore the naysayers.

Sincerely,

Brian Snyder

+1

please keep up the good work James!
Pages: « 1 ... 2153 2154 2155 2156 2157 2158 2159 2160 2161 2162 2163 2164 2165 2166 2167 2168 2169 2170 2171 2172 2173 2174 2175 2176 2177 2178 2179 2180 2181 2182 2183 2184 2185 2186 2187 2188 2189 2190 2191 2192 2193 2194 2195 2196 2197 2198 2199 2200 2201 2202 [2203] 2204 2205 2206 2207 2208 2209 2210 2211 2212 2213 2214 2215 2216 2217 2218 2219 2220 2221 2222 2223 2224 2225 2226 2227 2228 2229 2230 2231 2232 2233 2234 2235 2236 2237 2238 2239 2240 2241 2242 2243 2244 2245 2246 2247 2248 2249 2250 2251 2252 2253 ... 2557 »
  Print  

Jump to: