Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 10:20:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 82 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BitFunder] Moving Forward/Resolution Process  (Read 291890 times)
N_S

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 09:52:34 AM

You are right. This sort of communication just confirms that it is a scam and the extra information is that neo&bee is also involved. So stay away from neo&bee as well! That is the important information I got from this.

I think you mean to say that in your barely informed opinion, it tells you that.

Everyone involved in the BitFunder fiasco is in the same spot, so the question is, what do you want to do about it? How does everyone move forward? The money isn't available right now for whatever reason. Unfortunately, that fact isn't changing. But what you, and everyone else, does have at this point in time, is arguably the most transparent company in the space taking on a supporting role in helping people get their funds back. What else are you looking for?

Anyone who has seen the antics of Neo & Bee will agree that they have set themselves apart from the rest of the bitcoin startups. To me, them undertaking a role to help resolve this situation can in no way be seen as something negative or otherwise suspect. You're talking about the only company in the space that's putting in an effort to bring bitcoin to the lay-person. This isn't another mining fund; this is actual innovation and development.

You also must conclude that they're likely doing this for some good reason. They're a business and having gotten as far as they have, it's highly unlikely they're just throwing money down the toilet.

Let's have some positivity here. You'll get no argument out of me that most other operations that have hit major turbulence have simply picked up and disappeared (as most feared Ukyo would do). But you have people - reputable people - working to solve this.
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
thecoinjournal

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2013, 09:56:19 AM

This is very informative, I still trust Ukyo. Also Iwill keep on using weex since I got verified on it.

Spekko

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 10:03:56 AM

This is very informative, I still trust Ukyo. Also Iwill keep on using weex since I got verified on it.

in what way is this informative :/, what information did you gather from this. please share, Ive read every line in that link
gnomesick

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 10:05:33 AM

You are right. This sort of communication just confirms that it is a scam and the extra information is that neo&bee is also involved. So stay away from neo&bee as well! That is the important information I got from this.

I think you mean to say that in your barely informed opinion, it tells you that.

Everyone involved in the BitFunder fiasco is in the same spot, so the question is, what do you want to do about it? How does everyone move forward? The money isn't available right now for whatever reason. Unfortunately, that fact isn't changing. But what you, and everyone else, does have at this point in time, is arguably the most transparent company in the space taking on a supporting role in helping people get their funds back. What else are you looking for?

Anyone who has seen the antics of Neo & Bee will agree that they have set themselves apart from the rest of the bitcoin startups. To me, them undertaking a role to help resolve this situation can in no way be seen as something negative or otherwise suspect. You're talking about the only company in the space that's putting in an effort to bring bitcoin to the lay-person. This isn't another mining fund; this is actual innovation and development.

You also must conclude that they're likely doing this for some good reason. They're a business and having gotten as far as they have, it's highly unlikely they're just throwing money down the toilet.

Let's have some positivity here. You'll get no argument out of me that most other operations that have hit major turbulence have simply picked up and disappeared (as most feared Ukyo would do). But you have people - reputable people - working to solve this.

+1
lophie

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

Unlimited Free Crypto

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 10:07:04 AM

lol hear guys hear this,..... he did not dissappear... he is making himself available...... On IRC channels hahahahahahahha.

So what do you bring to the table more than more promises? More information? Precise promises? Taking responsibility? None?

Let me tell you about a nice Arab proverb: "Those who has their hands in water are not not like those who have them on fire".

I like the "Problem cannot be solved" segment of your soft comedy just there, full of information about why it is not possible.

THINGS I WANT TO ADD:

Excuse me guys....... so what risks do you think N&B are taking besides being a new target for faeces throwing? Some of you are discussing the risks that they are taking and such..... what are those risks again?

Will take me a while to climb up again, But where is a will, there is a way...
BitHub

Activity: 253
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 10:10:09 AM

What a load of BS this thread is....buying more time hey.
BitHub

Activity: 253

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 10:14:10 AM

I'm so disgusted at everyone involved in this big ass scam....absolutely disgraceful. This is why i hate the bitcoin industry sometimes. Just lies after lies after lies...christ i'm sick of it.
N_S

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 10:15:48 AM

Anyone who has seen the antics of Neo & Bee will agree that they have set themselves apart from the rest of the bitcoin startups. To me, them undertaking a role to help resolve this situation can in no way be seen as something negative or otherwise suspect.
Let me guess. You have funds stuck in that failed exchange.

In fact, I don't have any funds on BitFunder, although I used to.
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 10:16:23 AM

in what way is this informative :/, what information did you gather from this. please share, Ive read every line in that link

Some important parts i found.

Quote from: ukyo
[01:23] <@Ukyo> We were hoping for a much more detailed post
[01:23] <@Ukyo> but as that one says, that is getting delayed by holidays
[01:24] <@Ukyo> We have been pushing non-stop daily for a while now on things
[01:24] <@Ukyo> and this is the best we have, take it or leave it.

[01:53] <@Ukyo> as long as btc price goes up
[01:53] <@Ukyo> everyone will be VERY happy about this

[01:58] <@Ukyo> the loan is going to help Bitcoin grow.
[01:58] <@Ukyo> I don't doubt that.
[01:58] <@Ukyo> the seeds have been planted.

[01:59] <@Ukyo> Hopefully in the next few weeks you will see it.
[01:59] <@Ukyo> I woudl not be surprised if it does not cause the price of bitcoin to jump by $100
[01:59] <@Ukyo> or much more

01[02:02] <CuWireBeard> So looking forward, you've placed yourself/WeEx in a position to sidestep any similiar problems you have encountered with version 1.0?
[02:02] <@Ukyo> yes.
[02:02] <@Ukyo> going forward the issue at hand is not expected to repeat.
[02:02] <@Ukyo> and to that extent, the new weex site is looking nice.
[02:02] <@Ukyo> and a solution to current weex traders is being put together
[02:03] <@Ukyo> (most of my time has been working on the problem of getting people coins)
[02:03] <dexX7> i suggest you do some kind of q&a every few days
[02:03] <@Ukyo> i had been working on the new site through the year
[02:03] <@Ukyo> QG can vouch for that
[02:03] <@Ukyo> he's seen the early revision of it
[02:03] <@Ukyo> and used it

[02:05] <@Ukyo> bf was created as a small project
[02:05] <@Ukyo> to help the community
[02:06] <@Ukyo> its grew far more than i ever expected to
[02:06] <@Ukyo> and was not designed for that purpose
[02:06] <@Ukyo> unlike weexchange whose systems and designs have almost 2 years into them

[02:09] <@Ukyo> my focus has mainly been on weex.
[02:10] <@Ukyo> at which I am focusing on completely
[02:10] <@Ukyo> primarily in regards to the current problem
[02:10] <@Ukyo> if we can work through the current problem, while some may not ever try weex again, others will see that it will be the first one to hit a wall and climb over.

[02:07] <CuWireBeard> Was there a certain point or time when you realized or knew BF got to "big"?
[02:08] <@Ukyo> CuWireBeard: the moment i decided to shut it down

This is looking worse with every bit of new info.
ThickAsThieves

Activity: 518

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 10:18:34 AM

Everyone simply must be patient.

Ukyo had promised an announcement early this week, but was unable to get all i's dotted and t's crossed in time. So, Danny has provided the update that Neo will be part of the solution.

The full details will all be announced officially, and to shareholders first, when ready.

Please be careful speculating on any aspects that haven't been announced.

N_S

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 10:19:18 AM

I'm so disgusted at everyone involved in this big ass scam....absolutely disgraceful. This is why i hate the bitcoin industry sometimes. Just lies after lies after lies...christ i'm sick of it.

The tone of this prompts me to ask: if you had it your way (understanding that there are many other people involved) what would be your suggestion for how to handle this? And saying something like "not get in this position in the first place" isn't a suitable answer - Neo & Bee had nothing to do with BitFunder's operation or its downfall, but appear to be stepping in to provide assistance.
jimmothy

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 10:20:55 AM

The tone of this prompts me to ask: if you had it your way (understanding that there are many other people involved) what would be your suggestion for how to handle this? And saying something like "not get in this position in the first place" isn't a suitable answer - Neo & Bee had nothing to do with BitFunder's operation or its downfall, but appear to be stepping in to provide assistance.

Providing detailed information of the problems at hand the second they arise so the community/investors affected can help come to the best conclusion.
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 10:23:13 AM

Hello everyone,

I know everyone here is waiting for "the big announcement".

I have been brought in by Jon (Ukyo) to help with the situation. For those who do not know me, I am Danny Brewster of Neo & Bee (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=289730.0;topicseen) Neo & Bee has agreed to take an active role in ensuring this situation gets resolved.

I have a full understanding of the situation and have agreed to work with Jon to help sort out the problem in the best and quickest manner possible. At this point in time it is no longer possible to be immediately able to pay out all users. Jon has been working to ensure that a process is in place to remedy this situation and to ensure that all users get the bitcoins owed to them. This is the unfortunate reality of the situation. The biggest question is going to be “why or how has this happened?” I will be providing the answer in full, however right now it is impossible for what I would describe as legal reasons, but the answers are coming, that I promise, but cannot give an exact time as to when this information can be made public.

To this end, we would like to ask that everyone continues to be patient while the final preparations are put in place that will allow for users to enable recovery of their funds, the holidays in the United States are not helping with this specific matter in the slightest.

Everyone at Neo & Bee are now involved in this resolution process.

Unlike other situations where an inability to payout bitcoins to users has occurred, Jon has been fully committed to ensuring that payouts will happen. He has not gone into hiding and continues to try to make himself available to people on IRC on a fairly consistent basis. You have trusted Jon with your bitcoins and as of right now, you are being told that there is no immediate solution. At this point, Jon has two options: first he can continue to work with the community to ensure that the issue is resolved properly, or he can throw his hands up and simply say "sorry, there’s nothing I can do". I prefer option one as I think many of you will as well, so that is why I am throwing myself and my team behind this effort to ensure solutions are implemented and successful.

I know both myself and Jon would like to be able to post everything out in the open to give a full explanation about everything that has brought everyone into this position and what is currently going on to resolve this issue. I understand that this is not the optimal solution for any one person, however we believe that it is the best solution for everyone.

You can have my word that everything conceivably possible, to resolve these problems are being done to the best of our abilities.

I would like to thank you for your understanding and cooperation so far and we look forward to having this situation resolved as soon as possible.

Oh your word? Why tyvm, I will put it right in the box where I keep Sony Vleisides' word that he'll explain everything next week back two years ago.

Here's YET ANOTHER reminder to only do business with entities that are actually vetted by the people who know what they're doing, rather than with non-entities that acquired a forum handle. Herp.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
jimmothy

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 10:24:58 AM

Oh your word? Why tyvm, I will put it right in the box where I keep Sony Vleisides' word that he'll explain everything next week back two years ago.

Here's YET ANOTHER reminder to only do business with entities that are actually vetted by the people who know what they're doing, rather than with non-entities that acquired a forum handle. Herp.

I would love to know exactly what qualifies one as "knowing what they are doing".
ThickAsThieves

Activity: 518

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 10:25:28 AM

BitHub is a notorious troll, quoting his posts, and not having him on Ignore, is just contributing to the problem.

Pankkake, again, be careful speculating on the missing details. However, please note that NEOBEE is a profit-share without voting rights.
N_S

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 10:29:00 AM

Providing detailed information of the problems at hand the second they arise so the community/investors affected can help come to the best conclusion.

Listen, everyone is aware of the notoriousness of failed communication within bitcoin. This isn't new. The fact that this industry is growing at such a rapid rate and serious sums of money are beginning to be involved, should convey a need to be mindful of any potential litigation that could come as a result.

Anyone who's dealt with corporate/business litigation will understand the potential for implicating oneself depending on what's said in a public forum. It doesn't surprise me in the least that all information isn't being disseminated. It's easy to say what should and should not be said when you're not subject to imprisonment/fine for saying the wrong thing at the wrong time.
jimmothy

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 10:30:02 AM

Listen, everyone is aware of the notoriousness of failed communication within bitcoin. This isn't new. The fact that this industry is growing at such a rapid rate and serious sums of money are beginning to be involved, should convey a need to be mindful of any potential litigation that could come as a result.

Anyone who's dealt with corporate/business litigation will understand the potential for implicating oneself depending on what's said in a public forum. It doesn't surprise me in the least that all information isn't being disseminated. It's easy to say what should and should not be said when you're not subject to imprisonment/fine for saying the wrong thing at the wrong time.

This leads me to believe that ukyo fucked up big time and is carefully wording how he is going to break the news. And when cororations/businesses fuck up majorly they are obligated to explain what happened as soon as it happened. No "we will fix it and tell you when it is ready" BS.
ffssixtynine

Activity: 364

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 10:35:10 AM
Last edit: November 27, 2013, 02:57:04 PM by ffssixtynine

Morning all.

I met Danny face to face very recently and talked about WeEx (hence why I was away briefly), as well as had a number of calls with him about it. This is being taken extremely seriously and being given the utmost priority.

Danny has explained as best as he can why more information cannot be forthcoming, ie legal reasons.

For those who don't know, Neo is a huge operation being set up in Cyprus. They have funding from multiple sources and have over 30 people involved in operations already. This makes them one of the biggest start-ups in bitcoin, if not the biggest. They're a serious operation working at the highest levels in the country. For them to be involved is a significant undertaking.

For anyone with funds in WeEx, or with loan shares, I think help from Neo is the best option for us.

I'll hop onto bitfunder irc later if anyone wants to talk.

Let's hope a solution is found as soon as possible.
QuiveringGibbage

Activity: 617
Merit: 543

http://idontALT.com

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2013, 10:38:17 AM

[02:02] <CuWireBeard> So looking forward, you've placed yourself/WeEx in a position to sidestep any similiar problems you have encountered with version 1.0?
[02:03] <@Ukyo> (most of my time has been working on the problem of getting people coins)

Quote from: QuiveringGibbage
<QG> i can vouch that i've seen and used and Weex.beta service.
<QG> what ukto was saying

Smiley
Cheers,
QG

Bitcoin is at the tippity top of the mountain...but it's really only half way up.. Wink
jimmothy

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 10:40:52 AM

[02:02] <CuWireBeard> So looking forward, you've placed yourself/WeEx in a position to sidestep any similiar problems you have encountered with version 1.0?

Quote from: QuiveringGibbage
<QG> i can vouch that i've seen and used and Weex.beta service.
<QG> what ukto was saying

Smiley
Cheers,
QG

Please tell me you aren't saying ukyo thinks people are going to use a future service of his.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 82 »
  Print  

Jump to: