Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 09:39:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 82 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BitFunder] Moving Forward/Resolution Process  (Read 291890 times)
Pompobit

Activity: 736
Merit: 508

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 08:15:05 PM

from activemining official announcements thread:

Bitfunder/WeExchange Problems:

We have ~106 BTC in the Bitfunder/WeExchange system which we can not obtain.  We have sent Bitfunder's/WeExchange's Ukyo a Legal Demand For Payment within 72 hours.  We expect this problem to result in the loss of the 106 BTC.  We are meeting with our Lawyers to determine what our next steps will be.  This 106 BTC has been deducted from our liquid cash position above.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
oxideNL

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 11:29:47 AM

106 BTC... damn. That's gotta hurt, losing that.

At max I'll only lose couple of thousand dollars. Which sucks but survivable.
It does set me back a couple of months of profit..
bobboooiie

Activity: 656
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 01:00:09 PM

The excuse was holidays, now they are over what is the next excuse? This is getting ridiculous
ffssixtynine

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 02:41:09 PM

The excuse was holidays, now they are over what is the next excuse? This is getting ridiculous

They couldn't proceed with whatever they needed to do because of the holidays. We have had a whole 1 US working day since then. It's should be evident that whatever needs to happen is not a 1 day fix.

moribana

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 05:28:47 PM

They couldn't proceed with whatever they needed to do because of the holidays. We have had a whole 1 US working day since then. It's should be evident that whatever needs to happen is not a 1 day fix.

What is your estimate of the time scale we are talking about? I have seen no concrete info either from Ukyo or Danny whether we are talking about days, weeks, months or years. Is there anything out there that I missed?
ffssixtynine

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 05:39:43 PM

What is your estimate of the time scale we are talking about? I have seen no concrete info either from Ukyo or Danny whether we are talking about days, weeks, months or years. Is there anything out there that I missed?

I can't give an estimate as it's not for me to give and my understanding is that there are reasons an estimate cannot be given, else it would have been.

Purely from my own perspective, I would hope to see something within the next 2 weeks. To use your words, days or weeks but not months or years.

Pompobit

Activity: 736
Merit: 508

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 05:56:39 PM

from IRC november 27:

[01:48] <dexX7> hm.. let's use timeframe 0-2 weeks, 2-6 weeks, 6-more weeks?
[01:48] <@Ukyo> CuWireBeard: at this point, I would ask that until the next big announcement is made that we wait and see how that turns out Smiley
[01:49] <@Ukyo> i dunno 3~4 ?
pascal257

Activity: 493
Merit: 262

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 07:45:48 PM

from IRC november 27:

[01:48] <dexX7> hm.. let's use timeframe 0-2 weeks, 2-6 weeks, 6-more weeks?
[01:48] <@Ukyo> CuWireBeard: at this point, I would ask that until the next big announcement is made that we wait and see how that turns out Smiley
[01:49] <@Ukyo> i dunno 3~4 ?
So we're facing another holiday where he can make more excuses, which makes it 4-6 weeks. That's absolutely unacceptable.
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4480
Merit: 1800

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 09:28:03 PM

... and how much of last week was holidays ...

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
dave111223
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2013, 10:52:24 PM

Just because you've stolen a few million bucks doesn't mean you shouldn't get to take a few weeks off for thanksgiving and then a few months for christmas.  Everyone needs a break, be reasonable.
jimmydorry

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 10:53:15 PM

So what was this resolution process? All we know is that Neo & Bee are involved in this mess somehow now.

This is pretty piss poor management of the issue. I know that my outlook of Neo & Bee has dropped significantly as a result of this.
klee
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 11:00:32 PM

So what was this resolution process? All we know is that Neo & Bee are involved in this mess somehow now.

This is pretty piss poor management of the issue. I know that my outlook of Neo & Bee has dropped significantly as a result of this.
Maybe you are not aware of the latest zipzap deal then...
Are you one of those who dumped shares? Go @Havelock and take a look again...
bittymitty

Activity: 294

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 11:02:29 PM

We need to make an offering/sacrifice to the Neo gods who will then either grant our wish of BTC or smite us from above.
N_S

Activity: 238

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 11:03:30 PM

I really don't understand this mindset. We have a shitty situation and now have an established company stepping in to try and help resolve the issues. I've asked this before of people voicing similar opinions, but what more do you want? The fact of the matter is, people aren't able to get their coins at the moment. No amount of yelling and stomping your feet is going to change that. But then when it's stated that instead of one person (Ukyo) trying to solve the problem, we get an additional company to help as well, this is somehow seen as a negative?

If Neo & Bee somehow manage to lose more coins as a result of stepping in, then you'd have a case. But in literally any other scenario, their assistance isn't hurting anyone. Quite the opposite in fact.
moribana

Activity: 167

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 11:36:56 PM

I really don't understand this mindset. We have a shitty situation and now have an established company stepping in to try and help resolve the issues. I've asked this before of people voicing similar opinions, but what more do you want? The fact of the matter is, people aren't able to get their coins at the moment. No amount of yelling and stomping your feet is going to change that. But then when it's stated that instead of one person (Ukyo) trying to solve the problem, we get an additional company to help as well, this is somehow seen as a negative?

If Neo & Bee somehow manage to lose more coins as a result of stepping in, then you'd have a case. But in literally any other scenario, their assistance isn't hurting anyone. Quite the opposite in fact.

I don't understand what you don't understand. Nobody doubts that the chances of salvaging some btc from WeEx got higher by Neo & Bee stepping in. What people are worried about is how this will affect Neo&Bee. All people see is that Ukyo lost a lot of btc and then Neo&Bee steps in to try and save the situation. It is very hard to imagine that this can be done without actually spending some Neo&Bee funds. What this will buy them in the long run is not at all clear at the moment.
FWGR

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 11:42:42 PM

I don't understand what you don't understand. Nobody doubts that the chances of salvaging some btc from WeEx got higher by Neo & Bee stepping in. What people are worried about is how this will affect Neo&Bee. All people see is that Ukyo lost a lot of btc and then Neo&Bee steps in to try and save the situation. It is very hard to imagine that this can be done without actually spending some Neo&Bee funds. What this will buy them in the long run is not at all clear at the moment.

My speculation is that they're hoping for it to play out like the Internet Credit Union with Bitfloor. Imagine at the end of this if every person hoping to get paid back from WeEx has to open an account with NeoBee in order to claim funds.  Pick up a massive user base right off the bat.
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 12:02:56 AM

My speculation is that they're hoping for it to play out like the Internet Credit Union with Bitfloor. Imagine at the end of this if every person hoping to get paid back from WeEx has to open an account with NeoBee in order to claim funds.  Pick up a massive user base right off the bat.

This would be the quickest way to destroy their own reputation I think. Neobee should have never got involved with this mess especially when investors gave them funds to operate their business not bailout bitcoin failures.
ffssixtynine

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 12:31:57 AM

You don't know what neo's role in this is.

I suggest you wait and see rather than jump to conclusions.
klee
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 12:36:18 AM

Why? Let them feel important for once in their life.
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 12:37:18 AM

What we do know is that we have no information. Which in itself is bullshit with so much money on the line. "Legal reason" is also bullshit.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 82 »
  Print  

Jump to: