Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 03:14:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BitFunder] Moving Forward/Resolution Process  (Read 291890 times)
Newar
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

https://gliph.me/hUF

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 04:29:01 PM

As i read it, we only seem to be waiting for Jon to agree terms with Danny (Neo & Bee)....

"I haven't touched anything from a technical standpoint, I'm not sure who Andreas A is to be honest. If it is Andreas Antonopolous then I would be surprised as he hasn't mentioned anything to me about helping Ukyo. I am trying in my spare time (of which I have very little of) to give Ukyo a helping hand with achieving a workable solution, to ensure he can pay everyone back and once complete he can pay me back."

No, this was explained before as Danny will wait for his share until everybody else gets theirs. In other words, he's last in the queue.

OTC rating | GPG keyid 1DC91318EE785FDE | Gliph: lightning bicycle tree music | Mycelium, a swift & secure Bitcoin client for Android | LocalBitcoins

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SOSLOVE868

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 04:40:03 PM

I have 15 bitcoins or so scammed by him. The thing is I am not in US and it's a fortune to go to where he lives and collect things.

I don't mind to pay the local gangster (or what do you call them in US?) necessary fees to collect for me. I don't know the price in US but if I can get my 15.xx bitcoins back, a 15%-30% commission seems reasonable?

You're full of shit. Sue the fucker. It's been two months with little to no communication. As soon as I have the time I'll go to Texas and start collecting up his assets myself.

For those who lost multiple bitcoins - you're a bunch of pussies waiting this long to do something. I've stabbed people over less money.

You will "collect" it? Im not sure how you will do this. If you want to sue him you are prepared for getting a court decision in months or years? Or should i take your "stabbed" more serious and your some kind of thug? Anyway... i think its nothing behind your loud appearence. You dont have a magic way to get the coins back either.

If I lost 10btc or more from this asshole I wouldn't be sitting on the internet like a dumb pussy contemplating when the thief was going to return what he stole. Usually what I do is go to the persons house and collect. Its called 'personal responsibility'. You call it 'being a thug' because you want your daddy government to do the dirty work for you.

Does Jon Montroll drive a car? Does he have expensive jewelry? A computer? I would take anything and everything to compensate for my losses.

nice name !~!

cryptoanarchist
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 04:43:57 PM

I think it's more ethical to get the funds back yourself rather than having the government do it. After all, it's pretty much the same thing, except that the government itself is funded with stolen funds.

Although, I think it would be less thug-like to hire a PI to confront Ukyo to find out what happened and determine his assets.

I mentioned this idea like 10 pages of whining ago. I will chip in for this.

Can someone find a pic of the guy? I think having a PI post his pic and detailed info here, as well as making a personal visit, will do wonders for Jon's attitude.

I'm grumpy!!
stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 04:59:36 PM

As i read it, we only seem to be waiting for Jon to agree terms with Danny (Neo & Bee)....

"I haven't touched anything from a technical standpoint, I'm not sure who Andreas A is to be honest. If it is Andreas Antonopolous then I would be surprised as he hasn't mentioned anything to me about helping Ukyo. I am trying in my spare time (of which I have very little of) to give Ukyo a helping hand with achieving a workable solution, to ensure he can pay everyone back and once complete he can pay me back."

No, this was explained before as Danny will wait for his share until everybody else gets theirs. In other words, he's last in the queue.

Yep, i get that and thats fine, but i was just trying to establish where the ball was, now. Its not in Danny's court. He appears ready and waiting to carry out whatever they discussed in Cyprus. So we are waiting for......? 
stereotype
Legendary

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 05:13:39 PM

One of Jon's ex clients, breaking cover!..... https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=297503.msg4664267#msg4664267
Newar
Legendary

Activity: 1358

https://gliph.me/hUF

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 05:27:47 PM

Yep, i get that and thats fine, but i was just trying to establish where the ball was, now. Its not in Danny's court. He appears ready and waiting to carry out whatever they discussed in Cyprus. So we are waiting for......? 

TF to return the coins? Your guess is as good as anyone else's. Except maybe for those mysterious ones that know all about it, but don't come forward.

OTC rating | GPG keyid 1DC91318EE785FDE | Gliph: lightning bicycle tree music | Mycelium, a swift & secure Bitcoin client for Android | LocalBitcoins
WeexUser

Activity: 120
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 08:49:11 PM

Can someone find a pic of the guy?
As I mentioned earlier Jon is far from anonymous. I personally managed to find a few somewhat blurry and old(2002) pictures of Jon.
Including one where Jon has a cat on his head Cheesy He even confirmed it was him on IRC.

One of Jon's ex clients, breaking cover!..... https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=297503.msg4664267#msg4664267
Wouldn't Ken get in big trouble if Ukyo indeed has a legit story? (well in any way actually. I don't think it is allowed to steal from even a scammer..)
stereotype
Legendary

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 09:04:56 PM

Wouldn't Ken get in big trouble if Ukyo indeed has a legit story? (well in any way actually. I don't think it is allowed to steal from even a scammer..)

If he actually sold them, i guess he could be in trouble. Looks like good ole fashioned, leverage, and should only be expected as time ticks on, and on....
CoinFarmer

Activity: 205

Upfiring Team Member

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2014, 10:27:54 PM

PPL hold on - Danny wrote today as below, Ukyo doesn't vanish.

I haven't touched anything from a technical standpoint, I'm not sure who Andreas A is to be honest. If it is Andreas Antonopolous then I would be surprised as he hasn't mentioned anything to me about helping Ukyo. I am trying in my spare time (of which I have very little of) to give Ukyo a helping hand with achieving a workable solution, to ensure he can pay everyone back and once complete he can pay me back.
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2014, 10:49:30 PM

You're full of shit. Sue the fucker. It's been two months with little to no communication. As soon as I have the time I'll go to Texas and start collecting up his assets myself.

For those who lost multiple bitcoins - you're a bunch of pussies waiting this long to do something. I've stabbed people over less money.

You will "collect" it? Im not sure how you will do this. If you want to sue him you are prepared for getting a court decision in months or years? Or should i take your "stabbed" more serious and your some kind of thug? Anyway... i think its nothing behind your loud appearence. You dont have a magic way to get the coins back either.

If I lost 10btc or more from this asshole I wouldn't be sitting on the internet like a dumb pussy contemplating when the thief was going to return what he stole. Usually what I do is go to the persons house and collect. Its called 'personal responsibility'. You call it 'being a thug' because you want your daddy government to do the dirty work for you.

Does Jon Montroll drive a car? Does he have expensive jewelry? A computer? I would take anything and everything to compensate for my losses.

*lol* I knew when you started writing that you arent the smartest. You tell me that you want to go doing crimes in order to serve your justice. If ukyo is only a bit smart he would call the cops and you go to the police jail.
Sorry, your plan is so dumb... and now i feel dumb that i thought i should ask you... maybe he has a good idea i thought... i should have known it better. When you get scammed you not only lose bitcoins... no, you would even go to jail for a scammer. Now thats a plan.

I think i stop now. I think i made my point.

And he had the funds in weexchange wallet for sure since that wallet contained everything even his private funds.

Okay I smell a strong scent of bullshit here.

Thats not my guess. Thats what ukyo wrote once. He wrote that all his personal bitcoins were in weexchange wallet too. Of course there is no way to proof this.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
glendall
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1018

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 12:10:08 AM

You got to be kidding me. 

Didn't Ukyo really say he had his private wallet funds in the same wallet as the "safe and secure" deposits into WeExchange?

I'm getting more and more angry at this fuck-face scammer.  I really, really hope he doesn't just walk away from this thievery, this guy is scum.

Once again, will repeat what I said a month ago:  How long are you going to give this scammer?  It's been over 3 months now.  It is completely infeasible that this is a technical problem that he can't solve.  That he can't even tell us what he did to the missing millions is inexcusable.  All the signs look like he was treating everyone's deposits as his personal wallet -- this is just plain thievery.  If you are going to sue, get on it.  Personally I hope he ends up in a ditch somewhere. Having lost my job those funds that he stole from me would have really come in handy, this guy is fucking pond scum.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
SOSLOVE868

Activity: 378

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 02:36:40 AM

Can someone find a pic of the guy?
As I mentioned earlier Jon is far from anonymous. I personally managed to find a few somewhat blurry and old(2002) pictures of Jon.
Including one where Jon has a cat on his head Cheesy He even confirmed it was him on IRC.

can u please send me that pic...I do like to call the police as well.
WeexUser

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 04:50:44 PM

Quote from: #bitfunder
<QG> Ukyo; !!!
<QG> Smiley
<QG> howdidodi?
<Ukyo> heh sorry
<Ukyo> Got stuck with some cruddy stuff
<Ukyo> I expct i should be more responive again.
----------
<Ukyo> -_-;;
<nsa__> (´・_・`)
<nsa__> Ukyo, have you finished updating the client, or have you been busy working on other things? (ken, etc)
<Ukyo> its been a tornado of things altely
<Ukyo> lately
<Ukyo> not gong to fight ken
<Ukyo> its not possible
<Ukyo> he will dowahtever he is going to do, i have no control
<nsa__> have there been any good things in the tornado?
<Ukyo> quite a few actually. mostly regarding the loan stuff
<Ukyo> but thats actually helped the weex stuff along
<nsa__> Just to be clear: Were the withdrawal problems since October caused by one issue or multiple issues?
<Ukyo> yes
<Ukyo> first was the bitcoind issue
<Ukyo> whcih still lingers
<Ukyo> but mostly fixed
<Ukyo> then there was another issue that prompted the sudden halt of the withdrwa system
<nsa__> Excactly like I had interpreted the situation, thanks
<Ukyo> if it was just the original issue
<Ukyo> most everyone would have their btc by now
<nsa__> When did you first hear about the "other" issue?
<Ukyo> within 4 hours of disabling withdraws
<Ukyo> and stopping the manual ones
<Ukyo> rahter
<nsa__> date?
<Ukyo> dont recall
<Ukyo> Novemebr.. 15th? or something
<Ukyo> half asleep atm
<Ukyo> so not entirely "all there"
<nsa__> my guess was 18th so it sounds right
<Ukyo> sounds about right
<Ukyo> anywho, its about bedtime
<Ukyo> think up some new questions and well talk again Smiley
<nsa__> sure, btw it can't be the 15th since you said "Looking ahead I am expecting to get to or through the 26th today." on the 16th Wink

Note that he said the "its about bedtime"-part almost 2 hours ago. Unless he had an all-nighter he is probably not in the US atm. Australia (where weex is registered) would be a good bet.
CumpsD

Activity: 476

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 06:26:58 PM

Here's a new question:

What are those good things then?
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2014, 07:18:58 PM

Quote from: #bitfunder
<QG> Ukyo; !!!
<QG> Smiley
<QG> howdidodi?
<Ukyo> heh sorry
<Ukyo> Got stuck with some cruddy stuff
<Ukyo> I expct i should be more responive again.
----------
<Ukyo> -_-;;
<nsa__> (´・_・`)
<nsa__> Ukyo, have you finished updating the client, or have you been busy working on other things? (ken, etc)
<Ukyo> its been a tornado of things altely
<Ukyo> lately
<Ukyo> not gong to fight ken
<Ukyo> its not possible
<Ukyo> he will dowahtever he is going to do, i have no control
<nsa__> have there been any good things in the tornado?
<nsa__> Just to be clear: Were the withdrawal problems since October caused by one issue or multiple issues?
<Ukyo> yes
<Ukyo> whcih still lingers
<Ukyo> but mostly fixed
<Ukyo> then there was another issue that prompted the sudden halt of the withdrwa system
<nsa__> Excactly like I had interpreted the situation, thanks
<Ukyo> if it was just the original issue
<Ukyo> most everyone would have their btc by now
<Ukyo> rahter
<nsa__> date?
<Ukyo> dont recall
<Ukyo> Novemebr.. 15th? or something
<Ukyo> half asleep atm
<Ukyo> so not entirely "all there"
<nsa__> my guess was 18th so it sounds right
<Ukyo> sounds about right
<Ukyo> anywho, its about bedtime
<Ukyo> think up some new questions and well talk again Smiley
<nsa__> sure, btw it can't be the 15th since you said "Looking ahead I am expecting to get to or through the 26th today." on the 16th Wink

Note that he said the "its about bedtime"-part almost 2 hours ago. Unless he had an all-nighter he is probably not in the US atm. Australia (where weex is registered) would be a good bet.

I wonder what ukyo took the bitcoins he received from the loan for. Might it be that he invested it somewhere and get returns now?

Regarding the wallet... the first problems was that bitcoind crashed all the time so he claimed he started manual withdraws. Its mostly fixed he writes. The second issue prompted the sudden halt of withdraw system. Might that be the block-issue? Where bitcoind couldnt load or process a certain block so it stopped in the blockchain?
"most everyone would have their btc by now"... does this mean the bitcoins are still there but cant be accessed because bitcoind cant move on to the last blocks?
I think it only sounds good. If it were that easy ukyo long ago would have started speaking about it. I dont know what to think about this chatlog.

SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2014, 08:05:45 PM

Ukyo... you mentioned 2 problems in the last chatlog. Are those 1) the crashing bitcoind after some time and 2) the block that was blocking the wallet because it couldnt be processed so the wallet was kept at a old state of the blockchain?

If so... are the coins still in the wallet or are they gone like you wrote once in IRC?

pascal257

Activity: 493
Merit: 262

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 09:19:03 PM

Wow, he still doesn't want to admit that the bitcoind issue was a bold lie.

Edit: Guys, if its an issue with bitcoind, why wouldn't he go ahead and ask for help publicly? That stuff would be fixed within hours/ a couple days. I mean he's highly incompetent, but that would be hilarious.
WeexUser

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 09:36:05 PM

The second issue prompted the sudden halt of withdraw system. Might that be the block-issue? Where bitcoind couldnt load or process a certain block so it stopped in the blockchain?
The block issue is a new separate issue that happened to some bitcoin clients at the end of December and it can not be related to the cause of the withdrawal issues that started in October-November.

• The first issue is bitcoind not being able to handle the huge wallet and restarting. Ukyo started doing the manual withdrawals after being unable to make a quick fix for this problem.
  • The second issue is the actual problem. It is the issue that Danny refers to as a "legal issue" that he can't talk about. Ukyo now states that it started around the 15th November. It was also around that date he stopped doing manual withdrawals, stopped writing on the forums for a month, and said on IRC that "shit has hit the fan", so his story matches up perfectly.

I think I just noticed something important in what he said:
<Ukyo> rahter
If this is true it basically debunks the theory that the coins were stolen (by other people than Ukyo at least), since he would obviously not have been able to continue to withdraw coins for 4 hours.
WeexUser

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 09:39:19 PM

Edit: Guys, if its an issue with bitcoind, why wouldn't he go ahead and ask for help publicly? That stuff would be fixed within hours/ a couple days. I mean he's highly incompetent, but that would be hilarious.
He did ask for help publicly.. The answer from the bitcoind devs was that the client wasn't made for wallets of that size.

Edit: And he couldn't easily use another wallet as peope suggested because he had inserted some custom code in his bitcoind client.
He is allegedly now working on migrating his system to use a newer version of the bitcoind client. The newer version of bitcoind does not need his custom code due to a new feature and it fixes the block issue. He don't know yet whether it will also fix the restarting issue.
cheaptar

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 09:59:30 PM

He did ask for help publicly.. The answer from the bitcoind devs was that the client wasn't made for wallets of that size.

Edit: And he couldn't easily use another wallet as peope suggested because he had inserted some custom code in his bitcoind client.
He is allegedly now working on migrating his system to use a newer version of the bitcoind client. The newer version of bitcoind does not need his custom code due to a new feature and it fixes the block issue. He don't know yet whether it will also fix the restarting issue.

First the bitcoind stops bitcoinding so you can't get them pesky bitcoins out, and then bitcoins unbitcoin all by themselves right out of that stubborn bitcoind.
Sometimes it feels like them bits just conspire against Ukyo.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 »
  Print  

Jump to: