Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 08:38:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 82 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BitFunder] Moving Forward/Resolution Process  (Read 291890 times)
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2013, 10:36:28 PM

As was announced earlier, most of the coins that were stored in WeExchange.co are now gone. We are still limited in what we can share about how that happened, and what is being done about it, but we do have some updates.

There are still approximately 386btc available in the wallets. These coins will be paid proportionally to all owed users, based on current user balances, by Monday night.

All old withdrawal requests will be removed and each user will need to initiate new withdrawals when this new balance is ready.

Full instructions on how to access the site to process these withdrawals will be provided by 5pm (GMT+2) on Monday 16th December, when you should be able to withdraw the portion of available funds allotted to your account.

This is far from ideal, but it gets every satoshi that is available to those with outstanding balances. When we are able, we will announce more details on what is being done to repay the remaining coins that are owed to WeExchange.co users.
That's not nearly satisfying, and not nearly what we deserve.

@Danny, Ukyo, whoever
You should consider to come out with the true story immediately.

@all who are missing BTC, fiat, shares, whatever
We should consider what we want to do. I suggest to give them a deadline. After that take all possible and necessary steps.

Edit: What does this crap "the coins are gone" mean at all?

They claim they cant share what happened. Which means they know it. I guess they will come up with a story of a hacker that stole most of the coins. And now they cant talk because of investigation. The SEC or others wouldnt take some coins and leave some coins.

Anyway... if i dont get at least 100BTC of my funds back i will pay a lawyer to get me that info. ffsixtynine claimed a lawyer would get the info.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
robix

Activity: 360
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 10:47:26 PM

We should make a new thread for all people who want to take part in setting up legal action, private investigation, whatever, to learn the truth what happend to our funds and assets.
mgio

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 11:03:00 PM

We should make a new thread for all people who want to take part in setting up legal action, private investigation, whatever, to learn the truth what happend to our funds and assets.

That's a good idea. There has been far too little information and far too much waiting and I'm beginning to get impatient, especially regarding ukyo.loan which has had no information of substance whatsoever in quite a while. It's seems like there are many people that are owed more than $10k and a few that are owed more than $100k. That is definitely a sum of money that it would be worth hiring a lawyer for.
g83

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2013, 11:04:47 PM

I'd like to know how many btc are stuck in there totally to get an estimation about the percentage we can expect to get back on monday. Anyone got further information?
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2013, 11:06:47 PM

I thought about banding together and hire one lawyer. Maybe the one from this forum. He can have multiple customers. So everyone has to pay less, he gets the info and all participants can get the info from him. That makes more sense than everyone paying much for his own lawyer while in fact everyone only wants to know whats going on.

Makes sense of course only when the lawyer really would get the info.

I'd like to know how many btc are stuck in there totally to get an estimation about the percentage we can expect to get back on monday. Anyone got further information?

Check: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=337523
Edit: Or do you mean the "remaining" coins in the wallet? I guess we wont get that info until payment.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
tidus_13

Activity: 290
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 11:12:37 PM

They claim they cant share what happened. Which means they know it. I guess they will come up with a story of a hacker that stole most of the coins. And now they cant talk because of investigation. The SEC or others wouldnt take some coins and leave some coins.

Anyway... if i dont get at least 100BTC of my funds back i will pay a lawyer to get me that info. ffsixtynine claimed a lawyer would get the info.

ouch! 100BTC...
kost

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 11:39:24 PM

A couple of questions:

1) What is the total amount of outstanding WeExchange balances? In other words, what percentage of the coins owed is that 386 btc?

For what its reported here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=337523.0 it should be ~30% of total coins. Not bad for now I guess.

It's more out there, but it's not yet updated by lophie...  also, I guess not everyone reported there. :-{}
jinyoubei

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 11:45:49 PM

Option 1: Get my BTC back.
Option 2: Hire a lawyer and get my BTC back.
Option 3: Hire someone beat the shit out of Jon Montroll and get my BTC back.

Please PM me Jon's address and his family info, thanks.
bobboooiie

Activity: 656

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 11:50:19 PM

Dont forget to put your name on the lawsuit so they can arrest you too.
dave111223
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2013, 12:17:22 AM

At least on Monday we'll know the total amount Ukyo owes [to weex users], based on the percentage payout that we receive.  It might be pretty staggering (I'm assuming much more than the $2mil from lophies thread)
PeterHarrisonCY

Activity: 57

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2013, 12:20:39 AM

Nearly NO information.

Not even what they promised, that some coins would start being distributed TONIGHT (now).

This is bullshit. Utter, utter bullshit.

Going on HavelockInvestments.com right now to sell half my Neo & Bee shares. Watch the price go down.

Mate, you have every single right to be mad at Ukyo. If I was in your position, even if I knew that it was not his fault, I would be mad at him because at the end of the day he was the person in charge.

NEO-BEE, and more specifically Danny, did not take any part into Bitfunder and WeEx's collapse in any way. In fact, he has offered to help everyone recover their BTC back. We might not know what he is doing, but he is being a good guy and is helping people who lost their money on BF and WeEx. Even if he was late on some announcements and he is being too vague (which as he has stated he is legally not allowed to talk about anyway), he has done absolutely nothing that had a negative effect on BF and WeEx. Not only that, but Danny had also absolutely NO obligation to help anyone recover their BTC however from what I have seen, even though he is opening NEO-BEE in a few months and their are a lot of things to be done, he is still working his ass off to help people recover their lost BTC. I find the fact that people rage at him really disrespectful.

So people, get your facts straight before raging at people that are trying to voluntarily help ease the situation.
blastbob

Activity: 602

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 12:28:11 AM

There is always an angle. Maybe Jon sold his soul to NEO-BEE

Bitrated user: blastbob.
crumbs

Activity: 210

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 12:30:44 AM

So people, get your facts straight before raging at people that are trying to voluntarily help ease the situation.

"I am your friendly bitcoin banker and I am here to help you."
-pirateat40
-TradeFortress
-Ukyo
-Danny
PeterHarrisonCY

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2013, 12:34:55 AM

-pirateat40
-TradeFortress
-Ukyo
-Danny

I know Danny personally and I know that he is a well-intentioned person. How can you compare Danny to someone like pirate? Danny is running a legitimate business which has been properly registered with employees working for him and a government supporting him. No one knew pirate's identity until recently and he was running an obvious pyramid scheme.

EDIT: Andreas M. Antonopoulos works for NEO. I don't think that an established person in the Bitcoin Community like him would ever chose to associate let alone work for an organization or a person who is a 'scammer'
hammurabi

Activity: 223

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 12:38:57 AM
Last edit: December 14, 2013, 12:54:05 AM by hammurabi

As was announced earlier, most of the coins that were stored in WeExchange.co are now gone. We are still limited in what we can share about how that happened, and what is being done about it, but we do have some updates.

There are still approximately 386btc available in the wallets. These coins will be paid proportionally to all owed users, based on current user balances, by Monday night.

All old withdrawal requests will be removed and each user will need to initiate new withdrawals when this new balance is ready.

Full instructions on how to access the site to process these withdrawals will be provided by 5pm (GMT+2) on Monday 16th December, when you should be able to withdraw the portion of available funds allotted to your account.

This is far from ideal, but it gets every satoshi that is available to those with outstanding balances. When we are able, we will announce more details on what is being done to repay the remaining coins that are owed to WeExchange.co users.

The proportional withdrawal looks good on the first glance. But it should be considered more carefully because not every balance to be returned is of the same type of risk:

1. Coin which was deposited after "the accident". This coin should be paid back first as it should not be used to repay other debt from before the accident!
2. Coin which was deposited before "the accident". This coin should be paid after the returned coin from the above point.
3. Coin which comes from selling Ukyo.loan. This coin should be paid the last. I am stressing on this matter since ukyo.loan shareholders in my opinion should be the most affected group as they were paid for risk taken while regular deposits were supposed to be risk-free. Treating regular deposits the same way as balances coming from closing ukyo.loan would not be fair!

This proposed order of resolution depends of course on type of the "accident". Since we don't know exactly what happened You must be the judge on that matter.

BTC:    1Hpk4rWpP3gACJhXHn8VkeNp4usdQmfuVY
LTC:    LM5p7X9dTsWj14G2VQeJKuntVUc6GsPnDp
MikkisJ

Activity: 126
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 02:10:17 AM

I have few bitcoin stuck at weex too and haven't posted at lophie's thread. I'm sure there are a lot of others too. The total could 2,000BTC or more.

I guess we'll see later. Notice that next Monday we'll get instructions, not refunds. Refunds will probably happen much later.
crumbs

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 02:23:53 AM

-pirateat40
-TradeFortress
-Ukyo
-Danny

I know Danny personally and I know that he is a well-intentioned person. How can you compare Danny to someone like pirate? ...

Just like i did above.  Each one of those people was known and rabidly defended by the community -- way past the point when it was obvious to everyone that they have been scammed.
If a scam doesn't seem 100% legit, it's simply a shitty scam.
PeterHarrisonCY

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2013, 02:49:12 AM

-pirateat40
-TradeFortress
-Ukyo
-Danny

I know Danny personally and I know that he is a well-intentioned person. How can you compare Danny to someone like pirate? ...

Just like i did above.  Each one of those people was known and rabidly defended by the community -- way past the point when it was obvious to everyone that they have been scammed.

pirate was only 'known and defended' by the community who knew him on the internet - nobody claimed to know him in RL or else the FBI wouldn't take so long to find him. If you really think NEO-BEE is a scam I would suggest you sell your shares (which you probably already did) and leave this discussion, many people already blocked you for the same reason: you keep alleging and pointing fingers at someone for something that didn't happen and that they didn't do and have no intention to do.

If you have BTC tied up in BF and WeEx would you rather try to recover them yourself or would have someone help find a solution? And if you want help to find a solution, why blame the person trying to help?

I'm gonna make a mock scenario to emphasize my point: Josh is a homeless man in New York.  Sam is a random passerby who wants to get some money for Josh to feed him and he promises him that he will come on Monday with $100.  Instead, he shows up with $80 on Tuesday.  Does Josh have the right to be angry at Sam, or will he show him deep appreciation to him?
crumbs

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 03:13:02 AM

-pirateat40
-TradeFortress
-Ukyo
-Danny

Just like i did above.  Each one of those people was known and rabidly defended by the community -- way past the point when it was obvious to everyone that they have been scammed.

pirate was only 'known and defended' by the community who knew him on the internet - nobody claimed to know him in RL or else the FBI wouldn't take so long to find him. If you really think NEO-BEE is a scam I would suggest you sell your shares (which you probably already did) and leave this discussion, many people already blocked you for the same reason: you keep alleging and pointing fingers at someone for something that didn't happen and that they didn't do and have no intention to do.

If you have BTC tied up in BF and WeEx would you rather try to recover them yourself or would have someone help find a solution? And if you want help to find a solution, why blame the person trying to help?

I'm gonna make a mock scenario to emphasize my point: Josh is a homeless man in New York.  Sam is a random passerby who wants to get some money for Josh to feed him and he promises him that he will come on Monday with $100.  Instead, he shows up with $80 on Tuesday.  Does Josh have the right to be angry at Sam, or will he show him deep appreciation to him?

First, you are wrong.  Many users have personally met pirateat40, his identity was well known.  It still is.  Just to keep this factual.

Regarding hypothetical scenarios:  Danny is not a random passer-by either to those invested in his bank or to the scammed WeEx users, who delayed taking legal action due to Danny's promise that Neo & Bee is working to resolve the matter & everyone should sit tight.
So the more fitting hypothetical here is Josh being robbed, and Danny telling him "cops won't get your money back.  I'm friends with the d00d who robbed you & will get it back for you."

As you can see, not only does Josh have the right to be angry at Danny but Danny is fully implicated and legally liable.  
Hope i have cleared things up for you.
jinyoubei

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 05:18:50 AM
Last edit: December 14, 2013, 05:40:16 AM by jinyoubei

Dont forget to put your name on the lawsuit so they can arrest you too.

I apologize. I was very mad when I wrote those and didn't think of the consequences.

@crumbs, I think you are right. If it turns out to be a lawsuit, I think we should not only against Ukyo but also Danny. Because he's person who tried to help Ukyo escape from this, a accomplice?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 82 »
  Print  

Jump to: