Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:58:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 84 »
  Print  
Author Topic: www.BITSTAMP.net Bitcoin exchange site for USD/BTC  (Read 231195 times)
hazek
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 05:26:11 PM

The bitstamp guys were at the bitcoin conference.  I vaguely remember them saying they were returning close to the end of the month.  It would not surprise me if they are not able to fix problems as well while they are in the US.

We are able to fix them and we will fix them, it just may take slightly longer.

My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right)

If however you enjoyed my post: 15j781DjuJeVsZgYbDVt2NZsGrWKRWFHpp
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CanadianGuy

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 05:45:46 PM

These exchanges need to get their shit together.  I don't remember a single time when i was limited from regular functions with the bank.  It scares people.
extrememiner

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 10:24:07 PM

Hello
I made BTC withdrawal on May 21, 2013, 7:36 p.m. Status - Finished
Amount: 1.56490000 BTC, address: 1AZhQeWpCzK28Yhoqg6vWBZJ8ETUv3b8mK
Still not received.
My account ID 23897
Regards.
update.
Bitcoins received.
Thanks
Djezz

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 09:36:05 PM

I suddenly can't login using two-factor auth (error: "Invalid verification code") . It's been about I think 20 days since I last logged in.
I made a lot of transfers in the past which all went well, but I am worrying right now. What is going on?
Its fiat I have in my account, no btc's.

I synced my phone to time via the authenticator settings, I retyped the code, the first time it wanted to go in my account and it started the  "cloud....." loading page, but than it went back again to the login page.
I retyped it numerous times (100% certain right codes), my other two factor site just work all well so it really buggers me.

What is wrong? I didnt got any email from bitstamp on what so ever (no withdrawal), but still worrying it being hacked...

Pls help me out here

dexX7
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2013, 12:02:01 AM

I suddenly can't login using two-factor auth (error: "Invalid verification code") . It's been about I think 20 days since I last logged in.
I made a lot of transfers in the past which all went well, but I am worrying right now. What is going on?

I synced my phone to time via the authenticator settings, I retyped the code, the first time it wanted to go in my account and it started the  "cloud....." loading page, but than it went back again to the login page.
I retyped it numerous times (100% certain right codes), my other two factor site just work all well so it really buggers me.

What is wrong? I didnt got any email from bitstamp on what so ever (no withdrawal), but still worrying it being hacked...

Pls help me out here

No problems here. Contact the support.

Djezz

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 08:08:47 AM

Pls help me out here

I send an email to info@bitstamp.net.
Cant make a supportticket ofcourse right now Sad

No answer though, waiting for them to reply. And fingers crossed my account didnt got hacked.
vdragon

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2013, 08:50:10 AM

Let me drop in some good words for them. The 3 of us here, we are using bitstamp for the last 2 months, and never had a single problem. We use it to receive bitstamp codes + sell btc. SEPA withdraws have always been prompt, now if we run into a weekend, it might take a little longer, but I think its normal since banks dont work saturday and sunday, so if you set up a withdraw on friday evening or saturday, it might get processed no later than Tuesday since withdraw requests accumulate so thats all ok as far as I am concerned. I hope they work for a long time, since they are much better than gox

My USB Erupter GROUP BUY https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=252180.0

Hungary (south) based trader - accepting/sending bank transfers, also willing to meet in person
Djezz

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 05:49:39 PM

Pls help me out here

No answer though, waiting for them to reply. And fingers crossed my account didnt got hacked.

Update:
I got quick responses from Benedikt en Marko (via bitstamp ticket system) which im grateful of Smiley
Though my account still hasnt been unblocked Sad
Its been 11 hours since my last reply to their request. I thought it would be done (at first quick answers but when the change has to be put through it lasts) but now Im still worried it being hacked.

Djezz

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 04:19:09 PM

[/quote]

Update:
I got quick responses from Benedikt en Marko (via bitstamp ticket system) which im grateful of Smiley
Though my account still hasnt been unblocked Sad
Its been 11 hours since my last reply to their request. I thought it would be done (at first quick answers but when the change has to be put through it lasts) but now Im still worried it being hacked.

[/quote]

Update 2:
Problem solved with the help of the support.
I was not being hacked, thats good.
underground_

Activity: 123

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 04:35:14 AM

I tried to purchase XRPs several days ago and they never appeared in my wallet. I asked around on the ripple forums and found that the reason is that bitstamp tried to send more XRPs to me than they had in their hot wallet. It's been four days now, and no one at bitstamp has gotten back to me regarding the issue, and I'm still out $4000. Very frustrating...

ripple forum topic: https://ripple.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2824

Bitstamp, would you please either give me my XRPs or give me back my dollars?
mmeijeri

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Martijn Meijering

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 06:36:21 AM

Did you contact support? It's disappointing Bitstamp doesn't detect this problem pro-actively and waits for consumers to complain.

ROI is not a verb, the term you're looking for is 'to break even'.
grondilu
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1076

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 12:40:52 PM

Anyone knows how long does the verification process take?  It's been a few days now and it is still "pending".

evilscoop

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 12:46:26 PM

took me about 7 days, but that was a while ago
mmeijeri

Martijn Meijering

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 01:42:27 PM

I've contacted them several times. They've only ever responded with the "we'll look into it" message.

Well, that sucks. Bitstamp really need to get their act together, they are pissing off their customers.

ROI is not a verb, the term you're looking for is 'to break even'.
PrintMule

Activity: 980

FREE $50 BONUS - STAKE - [click signature]

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 02:14:57 PM

My withdraw took surprising 2 days instead of a week or something.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▀        ▀▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ███████████████████████████████████████████████
█████    ▄█████████▌   ▐█████▀  ▐███████████████▌  ▀██████████████████
████▌   ▐██████████    █████    ████████████████    ██████████████████
████▌   ▐█████████▄▄▄▄█████▌   ▐███████████████▌   ▐███▀▀█████████████
█████    ▀███████████████▀▀        ▄███████████    ██▀   ▐████████████
██████▄     ▀▀███████▀▀         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀█████▌   ▐▀   ▄███▀▀   ▀█████
█████████▄▄     ▀▀███▄  ▄▄    ████▀    ▄   ███       ▄███▀   ▄█  ▐████
█████████████▄▄     ▀████▌   ▐███▀   ███   ██▌      ████    ██▀  █████
██████▀▀   ▀█████▄    ███    ████   ███▌  ▐██    ▌  ▐██▌      ▄▄██████
█████    ▄████████    ▐██    ██▀▀   ██▀   ▐▀    ▐█   ██▌   ▀██▀▀  ████
████▌   ▐████████▀    ███▄     ▄▄▄     ▄    ▄   ▐██   ██▄      ▄▄█████
████▌   ███████▀    ▄███████████████████████████████▄  ▀▀██████▀▀ ████
█████    ▀▀▀▀     ▄█████████▀    ▀█▀    ▀█       ▀████▄▄         ▄████
██████▄▄    ▄▄▄▄████████████  █████  ██  █  █  █  ████████████████████
█████████████████████████  █▄    ▄█▄    ▄█  █  █  ████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀▐▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀    ▄▀█████▀     ▀█▄
▄█▄    █        ▀▄   ███▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▄       ▄▀▀▀▀▀███▄
████      ▀▄▄▄▄▄▀       ███
███     ▄▄███████▄▄     ▄▀█
█  ▀▄ ▄▀ ▀███████▀ ▀▄ ▄▀  █
▀█   █     ▀███▀     ▀▄  █▀
▀█▄▄█▄      █        █▄█▀
▀█████▄ ▄▀▀ ▀▀▄▄ ▄▄███▀
▀█████        ████▀
▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀
● OVER 1000 GAMES
● DAILY RACES AND BONUSES
● 24/7 LIVE SUPPORT
klabaki

Activity: 224

Ƶ = µBTC

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 01:39:21 AM
Last edit: June 18, 2013, 02:08:15 PM by klabaki

TL;DR: I'm having troubles designing my tradebot because bitstamp API doesn't provide enough information; I'm asking for help and/or requesting this information to be provided through the API

Bitstamp allows to do JSON/HTTP-based API trading using https://www.bitstamp.net/api/function/

The tradebot that I'm about to create needs to know the current balance and the currently open orders at a synchronised(!) point in time.
The API allows to get the current balance using /api/balance/ and the currently open orders using /api/open_orders/. But this is awkward and doesn't work properly because:

- The access is not synchronized: It is possible that a trade happens just inbetween the API calls for balance/open orders, causing the returned information to be inaccurate (I've already seen losses due to this effect while testing)

- The list returned by /api/open_orders/ can be quite large; it's wasting bandwidth, which is rare at my site. (and I need to download this list quite often)

To work around these problems, I'm trying the following approach:
The bot maintains an offline list of all open orders that it has posted to the market using /api/buy/ and /api/sell/; it also keeps track of canceled orders.
The bot keeps itself up-to-date about all user transactions using /api/user_transactions/. This allows my bot to know the current balance before and after every transaction.
Now I'm trying to match the user transactions to the open orders, i.e. the bot tries to figure out what user transaction happened due to what open order.
If this matching can be done, then I'm happy because then the bot could know about open orders and balance at any point in time (i.e. before and after every transaction).

However, this matching can be quite tricky. Let me show you an example where I think it's impossible:
Code:
* The bot initializes in a clean state, i.e. without any open orders and without pending transactions
* The bot calls /api/buy/ to buy 2 BTC at 122 USD each; saving the returned order id in variable X
* The bot calls /api/buy/ to buy 2 BTC at 120 USD each; saving the returned order id in variable Y
* The bot calls /api/cancel_order/ to cancel order X, the API indicates that canceling was successful
* The bot calls /api/user_transactions/ and receives one transaction with the following information:
BTC: +1
USD: -120
Now, the tricky question is: What open orders does the bot have after this transaction??

I know about at least two possibilities:
1.: After the bot canceled order X, someone else sold 1 BTC, which partially fulfilled order Y. Consequently, after the transaction, there's one remaining open order: buy 1 BTC at 120 USD each
2.: Even before the bot posted order X, there already was someone else's order to sell 1 BTC at 120 USD each, causing order X to immediately match against it. So order X was only "buy 1 BTC at 122 USD each" while it was canceled. Consequently, after the transaction, there's one remaining order: buy 2 BTC at 120 USD each

So my bot can't know what open order caused the received transaction Sad
This makes it impossible to maintain an offline list of all open orders posted by the bot.

It would be a lot easier to code this stuff if the user transactions returned by /api/user_transactions/ would contain an additional entry about what open order's id issued this transaction.
In the example above it would clearly indicate order id X or order id Y, allowing the bot to maintain an offline list of open orders.

Consider this post as being a feature request Wink

Ƶ = µBTC

Wer den Satoshi nicht ehrt, der ist den Ƶibcoin nicht wert.
Seth Otterstad

Activity: 328
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 07:15:42 AM

My withdraw took surprising 2 days instead of a week or something.
2 days to initiate the wire?  Or 2 days from request until the money was in your bank account....  Where are you located?

Seth Otterstad's Blog          @SethOtterstad on twitter          Seth on google+
wholesaler

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 08:02:58 AM

I've only used bitatamp   for  selling xrp never had a problem btc withdraws  were fast and  when they start trading ltc  I will use them more often.
kakobrekla

Psi laju, karavani prolaze.

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 01:39:42 PM

Relevant:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=225405.msg2378578#msg2378578

vdragon

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2013, 01:01:22 PM

SEPA withdraw getting a little late with processing. So far nothing alarming, just thought to report it. 

Some banks/services have an extra fee for same day processing, just an idea, maybe the bitstamp guys could introduce something like that.

My USB Erupter GROUP BUY https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=252180.0

Hungary (south) based trader - accepting/sending bank transfers, also willing to meet in person
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 84 »
  Print  

Jump to: