Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:39:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 »
  Print  
Author Topic: www.BITSTAMP.net Bitcoin exchange site for USD/BTC  (Read 231195 times)
richardweiming

Activity: 47
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 03:24:01 AM

I have a payment sent from bitstamp on March 5th, Today it is March 10th.
Still I do not see it from my bank. I know bitstamp set value date to their payment. But it is too long this time. Do you think it is normal?
Is there anyway to chase the payment?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MrPiggles

Activity: 980
Merit: 256

Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 02:54:38 AM

Alright, I see. If that's the case, that you submitted all the required info and your withdrawal still isn't getting through, and there's not additional details you aren't mentioning, like MissPiggy above who thought it was a clever idea to sign up with a fake name, t

Oh I really hope your personal details were leaked by Gox Smiley

Not that you'd admit it now of course  Cool

Hope your identity gets hijacked

▄▄████▄
          ██▀▀  ▀██▄
     ▄▄▄▄██▀      ██▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄██▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
   ██     ███▄▄▄▄██▀     ██
   ██      ▀▀▀██▀▀       ██
  ▄██                    ██▄
  ██▀       ██████       ▀██
  ██        ██  ██        ██
  ██       ███  ███       ██
 ███       ███  ███       ███
 ███       ███  ███       ███
 ██▀       ███  ███       ▀██
▄██        ████████        ██▄
███                        ███
 ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
  ▀████████████████████████▀

iBid

Decentralized Auctions
on Blockchain
  ▄██

▀██
██████████████████████████████████
▄ ▄▄
██▄▀██▄
████▄▀▀██▄
██████▄ ▀███▄▄
████████▄ ▀███▀ ▄
██████████▄ ▀ ▄████▄
██████████▀ ▄ ▀███▀▀
████████▀ ▄███▄ ▀
██████▀▄████▀▀
████▀▄███▀
██▀▄█▀▀
  ▀▀
GET IN ON
Google Play
██▄
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
██▀
  ▄██

▀██
█████████████████████████████████
          ▄▄█
         ▄██▀
    ▄▄▄  ▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄███████████████
▄██████████████▀
███████████████
███████████████
▀███████████████▄
 ████████████████▀
  ▀█████████████▀
   ▀████▀▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
█████████████████████████████████
██▄
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
██▀

About us
Telegram
██████████████      ██████████████
██████████████      ██████████████
███████████████    ███████████████
█████████████        █████████████
███████████            ███████████
████████████████  ████████████████
██████████              ██████████
██████████  ████  ████  ██████████
█████████    ██    ██    █████████
█████████    ██    ██    █████████

███ SIGN UP ███
██████████▀▀▀▀████████████████████
██████████▄▄    ▀▀▀███████████████
██████████  ▀▀ ▄▄  ▄██████████████
█████████        ▀████████████████
████████▀        █████████████████
██████▀▀▀▄▄     ██     ▀▀▀████████
██████▄     ▀▀▄▄███▄         ▀████
█████████▄▄▄   ███████▄▄       ███
███████████████████████████▄▄▄████
████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████████████
███▀             ▀████████████████
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████

All auctions start at $0
with no minimum reserve

AN  AUCTION
Kumpel

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 09:47:27 AM

To follow up my post from a few pages ago, finally my withdrawal was processed and went through. Unfortunately for me the USD lost almost 3% against the Euro in the meantime. However, after the lengthy KYC procedure went through, the withdrawal/transfer took as little time as usual. One day to change from "in process" to "finished", another day to appear on my balance statement. So generally, bitstamp appears to work.

oda.krell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 12:10:12 PM

To follow up my post from a few pages ago, finally my withdrawal was processed and went through. Unfortunately for me the USD lost almost 3% against the Euro in the meantime. However, after the lengthy KYC procedure went through, the withdrawal/transfer took as little time as usual. One day to change from "in process" to "finished", another day to appear on my balance statement. So generally, bitstamp appears to work.

Thanks for keeping us updated. There are some "complaints" in this threads I simply can't take serious, but after I understood what went on in your case, I was waiting to hear how it will be resolved. Glad to hear it worked out in the end, even though with a delay.

(Sorry for my initial reaction 2 or 3 pages ago, by the way. I thought your complaint was that you refuse to answer the additional KYC questions, but that was my mistake in not reading your original post careful enough.)

Not sure which Bitcoin wallet you should use? Get Electrum!
Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
lunarboy

Activity: 544
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 09:43:42 AM

Any comment on this  Huh

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/20o0op/i_lost_2500_sending_money_to_bitstamp/

Seems a few deposits are lost in the post.

Banking problems  Huh
Kumpel

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 01:13:37 PM

Any comment on this  Huh

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/20o0op/i_lost_2500_sending_money_to_bitstamp/

Banking problems  Huh

In my opinion, the last thing bitstamp is interested in, would be to dry out the incoming stream of fiat. So if incoming transfers are not showing, I assume there is some genuine issue with the particular transfer. Missing/wrong reference number, currency conversion issue (the problems posted on reddit appear to be non-SEPA), whatever. The customer support of bitstamp is not exactly speedy at the moment, but based on my recent experience, things will be sorted in the end. bitstamp might be not exactly an ISO9001 enterprise yet, but so far they seem to be honest. That's worth a lot in this particular environment.
lunarboy

Activity: 544

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 03:05:06 PM

Any comment on this  Huh

Banking problems  Huh

In my opinion, the last thing bitstamp is interested in, would be to dry out the incoming stream of fiat. So if incoming transfers are not showing, I assume there is some genuine issue with the particular transfer. Missing/wrong reference number, currency conversion issue (the problems posted on reddit appear to be non-SEPA), whatever. The customer support of bitstamp is not exactly speedy at the moment, but based on my recent experience, things will be sorted in the end. bitstamp might be not exactly an ISO9001 enterprise yet, but so far they seem to be honest. That's worth a lot in this particular environment.

I wasn't implying dishonesty, but if funds are being delayed due to an issue with the their bank (new user volume or extra KYC checks) it would be nice to know. Its a sensitive area right now.
zero3112

Activity: 588

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 05:36:04 PM

Is litecoin going to be added?

hazek
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 05:59:56 PM

No plans for that atm.

My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right)

If however you enjoyed my post: 15j781DjuJeVsZgYbDVt2NZsGrWKRWFHpp
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 06:06:17 PM

No plans for that atm.

Thank you. Please consider not adding it forever Wink

ghibly79
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006

Crypto entrepreneur and consultant

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 02:24:58 PM

The problem with these recent additional kyc requests is the lack of preemptive communication. I was sending in a decent volume for months with my already verified account without an issue or any request from them, then suddenly one of my wires didn't show up for a week and they started the additional kyc procedure stating I crossed some volume thresold (actually my volumes toward them in the last couple of months were pretty low), and only after I opened a support ticket.

I'm fine with providing all the information needed and already answered but I would have organized differently had they notified me beforehand. Stuck with zero funds now and it's costing me money, weekend coming and unable to wire elsewhere, too.

You should ask for all the documentation upfront when verifing accounts for the first time. Or at least warn the customer that you will require more if one crosses a certain thresold (and be precise about how much during what period...).
mmitech
Legendary

Activity: 1148

things you own end up owning you

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 10:17:48 PM

No plans for that atm.

NXT maybe ? Dogecoin ? no ? what about shitcoin ? yes it does exist.... 

mmmmm now what would Bitstamp do ?   (hazek: vem da nisi ravno fan altov Smiley samo to je mal za hec  Cheesy, enkrat bom prišel k vam na kavico pa bova o tem debatirala, da ti mal adrealin steče po žilah, PS: nisem fan altov, samo litecoin je razred zase... ja, zato ker jih imam Cheesy )

TwinWinNerD
Legendary

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2014, 10:20:15 PM

No plans for that atm.

NXT maybe ? Dogecoin ? no ? what about shitcoin ? yes it does exist.... 

mmmmm now what would Bitstamp do ?   (hazek: vem da nisi ravno fan altov Smiley samo to je mal za hec  Cheesy, enkrat bom prišel k vam na kavico pa bova o tem debatirala, da ti mal adrealin steče po žilah, PS: nisem fan altov, samo litecoin je razred zase... ja, zato ker jih imam Cheesy )

Yeah, i am sure this will never change. Litecoin will forever be one of the most traded coins....

mmitech
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 10:25:38 PM

Yeah, i am sure this will never change. Litecoin will forever be one of the most traded coins....

I've been watching that chart for the last 4 months, and indeed it is the most traded coin ( since I started watching)
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2014, 10:26:51 PM

I've been watching that chart for the last 4 months, and indeed it is the most traded coin ( since I started watching)

I know that. What i was trying to say was, that bitstamp tries to maintain a professional image, and adding Litecoin would not help this image. I bet I am not alone with this opinion.

mmitech
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 10:40:02 PM

I know that. What i was trying to say was, that bitstamp tries to maintain a professional image, and adding Litecoin would not help this image. I bet I am not alone with this opinion.

Bitstamp is the only exchange not trading Litecoin, I get your frustration about "the what Litecoin adds"... usually it is a business decision and not what I think or what do you think but what the market is voting for. in other words market needs.

Ok, let me be clear, I remember once when we were changing servers (my previous job) and our infrastructure for the last 15 years was all bought from Dell, now as I was the latest addition to the team I was open to pretty much anything, but the older Admins didn't want to go HP because they didn't see why HP instead ? Dell hardware works same, even better because they Had years of experience and they were used to it,  for some reason the Regional business team decided HP.....

Long story short, some members of the team didn't like it but they got use to it and I think the company did benefit out of this big time.... I can tell you many examples but I am sure you do understand what I am trying to say here Smiley
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2014, 10:43:22 PM

Bitstamp is the only exchange not trading Litecoin, I get your frustration about "the what Litecoin adds"... usually it is a business decision and not what I think or what do you think but what the market is voting for. in other words market needs.

Ok, let me be clear, I remember once when we were changing servers (my previous job) and our infrastructure for the last 15 years was all bought from Dell, now as I was the latest addition to the team I was open to pretty much anything, but the older Admins didn't want to go HP because they didn't see why HP instead ? Dell hardware works same, even better because they Had years of experience amd they were used to it,  for some reason the Regional business team decided HP.....

Long story short, some members of the team didn't like it but they got use to it and I think the company did benefit out of this big time.... I can tell you many examples but I am sure you do understand what I am trying to say here Smiley

i know what you are saying and i understand perfectly.

What i am trying to tell you is, that while it may be valid shortterm decision to add LTC to increase revenue, I think longterm it might be better to not add it, so that the platform looks more professional and more "Big" guys use it.

(This comes from a guy that holds a big number of LTC myself, and sure it would certainly be good for the LTC price)

mmitech
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 10:49:54 PM

Ok, let me be clear, I remember once when we were changing servers (my previous job) and our infrastructure for the last 15 years was all bought from Dell, now as I was the latest addition to the team I was open to pretty much anything, but the older Admins didn't want to go HP because they didn't see why HP instead ? Dell hardware works same, even better because they Had years of experience amd they were used to it,  for some reason the Regional business team decided HP.....

What i am trying to tell you is, that while it may be valid shortterm decision to add LTC to increase revenue, I think longterm it might be better to not add it, so that the platform looks more professional and more "Big" guys use it.

(This comes from a guy that holds a big number of LTC myself, and sure it would certainly be good for the LTC price)

I don't know, we will see about that, I have been trading exclusively on Bitstamp for more than a year now, and I don't feel comfortable anymore using BTC-e for my Litecoin trading, Kraken has almost 0 volume, bitfinex seems like a good replacement but the volume is still really low.
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2014, 10:54:36 PM

Ok, let me be clear, I remember once when we were changing servers (my previous job) and our infrastructure for the last 15 years was all bought from Dell, now as I was the latest addition to the team I was open to pretty much anything, but the older Admins didn't want to go HP because they didn't see why HP instead ? Dell hardware works same, even better because they Had years of experience amd they were used to it,  for some reason the Regional business team decided HP.....

I don't know, we will see about that, I have been trading exclusively on Bitstamp for more than a year now, and I don't feel comfortable anymore using BTC-e for my Litecoin trading, Kraken has almost 0 volume, bitfinex seems like a good replacement but the volume is till really low.

This reminds me of myself! BTC/USD bitstamp (SEPA funding is very easy) and everything with leverage and LTC I do on bitfinex. I like both the same. But I have to say that Bitstamp looks more professional because of the lack of LTC trading Wink

MusX

Activity: 175
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 11:01:26 PM

I think longterm it might be better to not add it, so that the platform looks more professional and more "Big" guys use it.
you should definitely take a survey on that, it is hard to believe.

They do not even offer query historical trades at point in time/id.
I strongly believe there are platforms which presents bitstamp data incorrectly due to the offset parameter removed in October 2013.
This is lack of professionalism.

Pages: « 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 »
  Print  

Jump to: