Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 09:12:55 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 [1282] 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 ... 1832 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit  (Read 3058423 times)
dygus
Legendary

Activity: 1193
Merit: 1000

Peaky Blinder

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 12:04:33 PM

C'mon pumper, dump this shit to 10 sats, cause I'm waiting there.

Guess we'll never see it again ^^

ok, so to 20 sats

CHANGE FINANCE First Decentralised Global Crypto Bank
[color=#15B5E2 ]LINK TO ICO | LINK TO DISCUSSION
dygus
Legendary

Activity: 1193
Merit: 1000

Peaky Blinder

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 12:05:32 PM

In a future you will write 100 or 1000 sats :-). So you better buy it now when is cheap...

I love this advice from 1 activity accounts Wink

CHANGE FINANCE First Decentralised Global Crypto Bank
[color=#15B5E2 ]LINK TO ICO | LINK TO DISCUSSION
iikun
Legendary

Activity: 1062
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 12:14:28 PM

In a future you will write 100 or 1000 sats :-). So you better buy it now when is cheap...

I love this advice from 1 activity accounts Wink

Yes, often it's better advice than that from 714 activity accounts!
HR
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 12:46:41 PM
Last edit: February 15, 2016, 01:12:19 PM by HR

There is not a set formula for mining profitability.  I thought your analysis was interesting HR.  However, it didn't match my real world data using scrypt ASIC.  Mining can't be analyzed as an independent activity from trading or from a larger systemic approach to investing, supporting, and engaging with DGB.  I spent a significant amount of money on my current ASIC rig.  Around the time it was delivered, the support forums for the company were filled with people saying that it could never be profitable.  Here I am, 2 calendar years later, and I'm still theoretically in profits mining DGB.  I say theoretically because I don't sell to pay for operating costs.

Your work with support and analysis is fantastic.  It is a huge benefit to have you working on behalf of DGB.

To directly address the points in your previous post ... GPU (and CPU) can be profitable.  Clearly it's not the best choice if you try to compete directly with ASIC.  But, it can squeak out a a profit with the non-ASIC algorithms when it is done with care and thought in the process of mining DGB.  ASIC mining is not necessarily bad.  Neither is GPU or CPU necessarily good.  ASICs are a part of our world.

At DGB we have a great diversity of mining and support within our community.  The diversity adds value to DGB.

We all get frustrated sometimes.  It happened to me from December through January.  I just felt like no matter what I wrote here or tried I was pissing into the wind.  I was disheartened, but it wasn't about DGB.

We are here as a DigiByte community to support and encourage and grow.  Everyone here contributes and adds value to our community.  We disagree.  We agree.  We argue.  We build.  We develop.  We support.  We are all committed to the success of DGB.  I think it's great that we have seen some new members of the community expressing interest in mining and supporting DGB.  To all the new members of our community ... we are here to help you.  DigiByte has a bright future.  I believe we will have plenty of challenges on the way, but we'll get there.

The analysis was done using The Blocks Factory data using national average US electricty costs and can be confirmed by anyone with basic math skils wishing to do so. (You can pass that on to Jombley so he does't feel hurt.) The results show that SHA mining is profitable at current prices (on an ex-hardware investment basis) and the clear implication is that GPU mining could be profitable if SHA were NOT present since price would adjust accordingly.

Nice to see someone actually addressing the matter head on and logically BTW. :-)

TenaciousC

Activity: 608
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 01:22:25 PM

I've always been surprised on how friendly and helpful the Digibyte community has been... but it seems each man has his limits...
Agreed, this pumper is annoying and is clearly manipulating Digibyte down at the moment, let him, means cheaper DGB for all of us and he'll will need to let her fly anyway... hell, she might even breakout without him as Digibyte is getting more and more attention with traders nowadays.

Anyway, Digibyte dev team and community are a unique group, almost never tainted by FUD or inner fighting crap... let's keep it this way!
Darkoth89

Activity: 1274
Merit: 646

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 01:40:03 PM

Why to much block SHA256 on Node Stratum Pool pending?
Yep, there are some big payouts waiting to happen there on digihash pool! I would have thought it would have been pushed out by now as it was reported yesterday but I have total confidence it will be eventually. 

Yeah.. Still waiting and nothing from the devs. 
24hralttrade

Activity: 756

Community Liaison,How can i help you?

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2016, 02:09:01 PM

Yep, there are some big payouts waiting to happen there on digihash pool! I would have thought it would have been pushed out by now as it was reported yesterday but I have total confidence it will be eventually. 

Reported in a personal message to jared, Please wait a little longer it will come.

Want to see the Future of Retail omnichannel demo store powered by Digibyte & Tofugear teams?
Please feel free to contact me if you have anything to report or you have any questions.
ghostycc

Activity: 270
Merit: 250

Lovin' Crypto

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 06:16:07 PM

Seems like we've got strong support around 50's now Smiley

Stop these Hype money, get in DGB!
FrenchFrog FTW
bobthenager

Activity: 443
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2016, 06:51:54 PM

Just grabbed 8 million out of that 8btc wall @55 sats, the rest was quickly removed and placed higher lol.
ghostycc

Lovin' Crypto

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 07:29:46 PM

Just grabbed 8 million out of that 8btc wall @55 sats, the rest was quickly removed and placed higher lol.

Stop helping the price to go up for now please xD
Still want to buy more and more cheaper ^^

FrenchFrog FTW
HR
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 08:57:46 PM
Last edit: February 15, 2016, 09:20:47 PM by HR

There is not a set formula for mining profitability.  I thought your analysis was interesting HR.  However, it didn't match my real world data using scrypt ASIC.  Mining can't be analyzed as an independent activity from trading or from a larger systemic approach to investing, supporting, and engaging with DGB.  I spent a significant amount of money on my current ASIC rig.  Around the time it was delivered, the support forums for the company were filled with people saying that it could never be profitable.  Here I am, 2 calendar years later, and I'm still theoretically in profits mining DGB.  I say theoretically because I don't sell to pay for operating costs.

Your work with support and analysis is fantastic.  It is a huge benefit to have you working on behalf of DGB.

To directly address the points in your previous post ... GPU (and CPU) can be profitable.  Clearly it's not the best choice if you try to compete directly with ASIC.  But, it can squeak out a a profit with the non-ASIC algorithms when it is done with care and thought in the process of mining DGB.  ASIC mining is not necessarily bad.  Neither is GPU or CPU necessarily good.  ASICs are a part of our world.

At DGB we have a great diversity of mining and support within our community.  The diversity adds value to DGB.

We all get frustrated sometimes.  It happened to me from December through January.  I just felt like no matter what I wrote here or tried I was pissing into the wind.  I was disheartened, but it wasn't about DGB.

We are here as a DigiByte community to support and encourage and grow.  Everyone here contributes and adds value to our community.  We disagree.  We agree.  We argue.  We build.  We develop.  We support.  We are all committed to the success of DGB.  I think it's great that we have seen some new members of the community expressing interest in mining and supporting DGB.  To all the new members of our community ... we are here to help you.  DigiByte has a bright future.  I believe we will have plenty of challenges on the way, but we'll get there.

The analysis was done using The Blocks Factory data using national average US electricty costs and can be confirmed by anyone with basic math skils wishing to do so. (You can pass that on to Jombley so he does't feel hurt.) The results show that SHA mining is profitable at current prices (on an ex-hardware investment basis) and the clear implication is that GPU mining could be profitable if SHA were NOT present since price would adjust accordingly.

Nice to see someone actually addressing the matter head on and logically BTW. :-)

Another possibility to make the playing field even leveler so as to increase relative profitability between algos, and thereby further incentive "average guy" mining and a more widely distributed and secure network in turn, would be to reduce SHA payouts by 75% and scrypt by 25%.

Everything would truly be equal then, and those beloved SHA miners would still be a part of the "community", BUT WITHOUT SUBSIDIZED FAVORITISM!

Anyone have a problem with the concept of equal opportunity? Especially considering it's even in DGB's best interest?

Doubters and out of hand disqualifiers, confirm the numbers on your own, or if you're too lazy, just ask the Devs if those payout differences are correct or not - they should know . . . and if they don't, it's high time they did!

Again, the raw data is there for anyone with the courage to look and the ability to do basic math. There's no subjectivity involved, much less mystery.

I've crunched the numbers, partly because I was curious, and partly because I'm a nice guy who wants to lend a hand. Wink

At current rewards, in order to mine 5000 DGB with modern SHA-256 ASIC equipment, you'll need ~2.4 kWh. With modern Scrypt ASIC equipment you'll use ~7.5 kWh. And with the GPU algos (all very similar) you'll consume ~9.9 kWh.

As you can see, there is quite a bit of difference between SHA-256 and GPU, but whether that difference is enough to cover your fixed hardware investment or not, that is if you buy an Antminer or not and can reach ROI, for example, is up to you to figure out. Wink
The difference between scrypt ASIC and GPU is much less pronounced, but if you've already got a gaming rig set up, it probably won't take too much convincing to just use what you've got and get with installing and configuring your miner since we're only talking about 30-40 cents a day of difference.  Grin

Edit: I've always been in favor of rotating out SHA-256 and substituting it with a more widely distributed friendly algo BTW.

And between here and there, some 80 posts or so, much of which is reactionary nonsense meant to distract attention away from something possibly extremely beneficial for DigiByte, there are other other bits and pieces of information and words to the wise.

Jumbley
Legendary

Activity: 1218

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 09:21:57 PM

Another possibility to make the playing field even leveler so as to increase relative profitability between algos, and thereby further incentive "average guy" mining and a more widely distributed and secure network in turn, would be to reduce SHA payouts by 75% and scrypt by 25%.

Everything would truly be equal then, and those beloved SHA miners would still be a part of the "community", BUT WITHOUT SUBSIDIZED FAVORITISM!

Anyone have a problem with the concept of equal opportunity? Especially considering it's even in DGB's best interest?

Doubters and out of hand disqualifiers, confirm the numbers on your own, or if you're too lazy, just ask the Devs if those payout differences are correct or not - they should know . . . and if they don't, it's high time they did!

Again, the raw data is there for anyone with the courage to look and the ability to do basic math. There's no subjectivity involved, much less mystery.

I've crunched the numbers, partly because I was curious, and partly because I'm a nice guy who wants to lend a hand. Wink

At current rewards, in order to mine 5000 DGB with modern SHA-256 ASIC equipment, you'll need ~2.4 kWh. With modern Scrypt ASIC equipment you'll use ~7.5 kWh. And with the GPU algos (all very similar) you'll consume ~9.9 kWh.

As you can see, there is quite a bit of difference between SHA-256 and GPU, but whether that difference is enough to cover your fixed hardware investment or not, that is if you buy an Antminer or not and can reach ROI, for example, is up to you to figure out. Wink
The difference between scrypt ASIC and GPU is much less pronounced, but if you've already got a gaming rig set up, it probably won't take too much convincing to just use what you've got and get with installing and configuring your miner since we're only talking about 30-40 cents a day of difference.  Grin

Edit: I've always been in favor of rotating out SHA-256 and substituting it with a more widely distributed friendly algo BTW.

And between here and there, some 80 posts or so, much of which is reactionary nonsense meant to distract attention away from something possibly extremely beneficial for DigiByte, there are other other bits and pieces of information and words to the wise.

Firstly, I have no problem whatsoever in attempting to level the playing field, it’s what attracted me to DigiByte in the first place. HR, you need to lay out your workings to be scrutinised, it is simply just not good enough to say it’s there for everyone to see, blocksfactory data bla bla bla. That’s like saying there is proof of god in nature around us, for all to see.  What happens if we double the work done by any one of the five algorithms currently being used. How does that change the numbers you are looking at?
bitkapp

Activity: 517

aka alaniz

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 10:42:11 PM

I've always been surprised on how friendly and helpful the Digibyte community has been... but it seems each man has his limits...
Agreed, this pumper is annoying and is clearly manipulating Digibyte down at the moment, let him, means cheaper DGB for all of us and he'll will need to let her fly anyway... hell, she might even breakout without him as Digibyte is getting more and more attention with traders nowadays.

Anyway, Digibyte dev team and community are a unique group, almost never tainted by FUD or inner fighting crap... let's keep it this way!

Thanks! Greatly appreciated, we all try our best to form a positive image around DGB Smiley

I will ask Jared for you.

Seriously guys? PM! Get this negativity off the forum.

Yes please this negativity is unnecessary, can both HR and Jumbley please make sure to continue their discussion off this thread.

benjamoyne

Activity: 274
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 01:21:18 AM

Thanks! Greatly appreciated, we all try our best to form a positive image around DGB Smiley

I will ask Jared for you.

Seriously guys? PM! Get this negativity off the forum.

Yes please this negativity is unnecessary, can both HR and Jumbley please make sure to continue their discussion off this thread.

HR and Jumbley your both ignored.

As you have both been told, take it to PM.
Jumbley
Legendary

Activity: 1218

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 01:59:16 AM
Last edit: February 16, 2016, 02:14:31 AM by Jumbley

What I acknowledge is that sha ASIC miners are more efficient; they were designed to be and simply would not exist if they were not. I do not dispute this fact!

What I was trying to get across was that although, they have this advantage, sha miners can only achieve 20% of the blocks created on DigiByte. This means that they are in competition with the other sha miners and not the other algorithms!

I have no interest in subverting this thread, I would have thought that was obvious but apparently not. What I thought I was doing was offering healthy debate; I always consider the possibility of being wrong, after all I’m only human. What I get for it is abuse, I don’t like this current situation any more than anyone else. Maybe you would all be happier if I just popped in from time to time and said things like MOON! Well forget that, leave me on ignore. I know HR would currently like me to just go fms and I’m disappointed he has taken this stance, I used to really respect the guy but respect is a two way thing.

So sorry everyone for the mess but I can only keep my own behavior in check!
ghostycc

Lovin' Crypto

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 08:39:37 AM

I would like to see such motivation and debate on ideas about how to help Digibyte to reach the top and be useful in everyday life.
It would be very constructive ^^

FrenchFrog FTW
Steal

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 11:38:43 AM

Hello, I inform you that DigiByte will soon be accepted in our store located in France Wink
This will facilitate overseas payments

This is a shop that sells decorative mirrors. with new concept soon

Prices will be displayed soon DigiByte / Euro

Thank you for your support (like this page please).
https://www.facebook.com/Lart-du-verre-et-du-miroir-lAtelier-de-Marina-1169470346399129/?fref=ts
Th3P

Activity: 280

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 01:26:22 PM

Nice to see Jared name among the speakers Smiley

Well done Jared! - http://bitcoinconference.co.za/speakers/
24hralttrade

Activity: 756

Community Liaison,How can i help you?

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2016, 01:40:03 PM

Yes yes! and more events coming  Roll Eyes Grin

Want to see the Future of Retail omnichannel demo store powered by Digibyte & Tofugear teams?
Please feel free to contact me if you have anything to report or you have any questions.
esotericizm

Activity: 750

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 06:40:13 PM

Yes yes! and more events coming  Roll Eyes Grin

I'm really looking forward to hearing what Jared has to say here.
Pages: « 1 ... 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 [1282] 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 ... 1832 »
  Print  

Jump to: