Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:16:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1861 1862 1863 1864 1865 1866 1867 1868 1869 1870 1871 1872 1873 1874 1875 1876 1877 1878 1879 1880 1881 1882 1883 1884 1885 1886 1887 1888 1889 1890 1891 1892 1893 1894 1895 1896 1897 1898 1899 1900 1901 1902 1903 1904 1905 1906 1907 1908 1909 1910 [1911] 1912 1913 1914 1915 1916 1917 1918 1919 1920 1921 1922 1923 1924 1925 1926 1927 1928 1929 1930 1931 1932 1933 1934 1935 1936 1937 1938 1939 1940 1941 1942 1943 1944 1945 1946 1947 1948 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1954 1955 1956 1957 1958 1959 1960 1961 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722503 times)
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 05:16:53 PM

it's going too far, 2-3 weeks is the perfect time to capture new noobs, and this is unacceptable (to make another clean and dump with them). It can't be the path for success.

I don't really agree with this, but obviously there will be people impatient for the next event and the next event.

Software development takes as long as it takes when we are talking about original work.

In my opinion, if DRK succeeds in its technical objectives, 3 weeks will look like nothing. At the same time, I've noticed that Evan errs on the long side when giving estimates so you might just find that when the "official announcement" appears, it wasn't 3 weeks after all. All the same, he can take 3 weeks if he like for all I care, and I've got a masternode+ worth of DRK riding on it.

More broadly speaking, it's not a question of whether 3 weeks is too long or not, it's a question of what's DONE with those 3 weeks. Obviously it's too long if all the devs are doing is twiddling their thumbs. But if on the other hand they're busy restructring test net, increasing the capacity of the development team by an order of magnitude, revising launch procedure, preparing the groundwork not only for RC3 but RC4 etc, then 3 weeks starts to look a whole lot more attractive.

Sit tight. Everything is going good - that fork event was handled well and the fallout from it is being handled well. Nothing has happened to knock the project off its course and a whole lot has happened to stimulate a new expansion of the development and testing infrastructure.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Bitcycle

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 05:22:14 PM

Regardless of your ultimate faith in the dev team (which has to be lessened now if you're at all honest about it), another three week delay is going to drive the price down in the meanwhile.  There really is no doubt about it.  Why sit and hold?  It's not going to spike up, the excitement needed for that is gone.  At best, only cautious optimism remains.
JGCMiner

Activity: 611
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 05:23:32 PM
Last edit: June 21, 2014, 05:51:46 PM by JGCMiner

fool me one shame on you
fool me twice shame on me

A phrase I often live by... but you won't find me dumping. Why? Because it is obvious that the devs are trying to fix the coin.  Think about it.  If you dump now...what will you think when the coin succeeds?  The masternode payments are a fundamental change to bitcoin.  Two trys.. that's NOTHING.  
tombtc

Activity: 471

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 05:30:10 PM

Regardless of your ultimate faith in the dev team (which has to be lessened now if you're at all honest about it), another three week delay is going to drive the price down in the meanwhile.  There really is no doubt about it.  Why sit and hold?  It's not going to spike up, the excitement needed for that is gone.  At best, only cautious optimism remains.

On June 8th I wrote the same thing after the fork. And guess what happened? The price went up Smiley
This coin is very strong and it looks like we got rid of weak hands.
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 05:32:42 PM

Regardless of your ultimate faith in the dev team (which has to be lessened now if you're at all honest about it), another three week delay is going to drive the price down in the meanwhile.  There really is no doubt about it.  Why sit and hold?

Because the way Evan works is to keep expectations low, then he drops some announcement out of the blue and I find myself getting back into the market at a loss as optimism returns to the project. Thats what happened to me the last time.

Then there's the problem that I've just spent the best part of a week getting myself up to speed in Linux and am quite enjoying the whole technical side of getting a masternode setup. It won't be the end of the world if it drifts a bit - in fact it could well drift a big bit, I'm aware of that. However I like the project, its objectives, the way it's run and decided I don't want to be out of it.

I may day-trade the balance of my holdings after the masternode if the 4 hour chart looks tradeable and I'm not asleep or at the beach, but I won't be "dumping" them  Wink
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 05:58:25 PM

Regardless of your ultimate faith in the dev team (which has to be lessened now if you're at all honest about it)

I don't know how much you know about software development, but I happen to know a whole damn lot about it and no, my "faith in the dev team" isn't lessened, in fact it's heightened.

I already stated in an earlier post words to the effect that I don't judge their ability on the number of "flawless rollouts" they have - no one has 100% flawless rollouts when there's that amount of original functionality involved. I judge their ability on how they react to the problems and in that respect I think they've done great.

Evan's lone decision to revert is now widely seen as the right one as far as maintaining the technical integrity of the network goes. Even though it was in the face of widespread pressure not to and the obvious market implications, he was consistent in his priorities.

The thing people have to realise, is that we're dealing with a realtime network here. You can't just stop and start it to suit you - it just keeps going so it's not an easy playing field to deploy new technology into. People may say that "other coins have smooth rollouts" but "other coins" are not trying to do what this one is. The whole masternode concept is a new and exciting dimension to crypto currencies in general and anonymous ones in particular because it introduces a self sustaining maintenance factor to both technical and economic aspects of the crypto currency.

That in itself is worth a few shots at getting it right.
Joshuar

Activity: 504

eidoo wallet

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 05:59:54 PM

Regardless of your ultimate faith in the dev team (which has to be lessened now if you're at all honest about it)

I don't know how much you know about software development, but I know a whole damn lot about it and no, my "faith in the dev team" isn't lessened, in fact it's heightened.

I already stated in an earlier post words to the effect that I don't judge their ability on the number of "flawless rollouts" they have - no one has 100% flawless rollouts when there's that amount of original functionality involved. I judge their ability on how they react to the problems and in that respect I think they've done great.

Evan's lone decision to revert is now widely seen as the right one as far as maintaining the technical integrity of the network goes. Even though it was in the face of widespread pressure not to and the obvious market implications he was consistent in his priorities.

The thing people have to realise, is that we're dealing with a realtime network here. You don't have time to stop and start it - it just keeps going so it's not an easy playing field to deploy new technology into. People may say that "other coins have smooth rollouts" but "other coins" are not trying to do what this one is. The whole masternode concept is a new and exciting dimension to crypto currencies in general and anonymous ones in particular because it introduces a self sustaining maintenance factor to both technical and economic aspects of the crypto currency.

+1, this is something very experimental and new, would be history making when it goes out correctly.

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
alz

Activity: 227
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 06:01:11 PM

Seems to me the 2 hiccups we have experienced recently may have shaken out most of the weak hands, this may in the long term be of huge benefit to DRK by way of helping to reduce mid cycle price volatility.
don't get me wrong there will still be loads of the usual PnDing from experienced traders ,but if there are even 50% less mindless neurotic sheep drumming f5 continually the Pumpers will have a much harder job trying to make a buck by manipulating markets.

BTC - 1GJ2dWf8WBznTtkuuof3WTBXQAULaqVGYj LTC - LTyCKKCGHJQZwsh5YhyzGeee4womQwChUU DASH - Xp5pq62dgJxmbhawyNtWMKT9Rst8JgNCY7
r-ando

Activity: 246

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 06:32:10 PM

Hi everyone, I havn't posted on this forum since before DRK was worth over a dollar a coin. I have been a supporter of an open source trustless and anonymous ecash system since the weakness in Bitcoin was exposed. i started by investing in Fedoracoin, but then after talking people on this message board and doing extensive research and analysis I went followed my intuition and adopted Darkcoin.

For those interested in understanding what is required and important for the implementation of Ecash into everyday life and the importance of this for our everyday life, and the life of our kids and grandchildren, this 4:20 minute long video by Milton Friedman will hopefully be a wonderful experience:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYD17h6hlCs

The name of the video say's bitcoin, we can both logically and intuitively replace bitcoin with darkcoin after understanding what he say, someone should repost this video with the words darkcoin with an explanation of why bitcoin doesn't work  

I even think this Milton Friedman video could be beneficial on the dark coin website, after all its not like its copyrighted lol and its definitely cool to have M. Friedman's support even in the afterlife.

Milton Friedman with John Maynard Keynes are two of the most influential economists that helped to shape the economic thoughts and models of our time.

Next post coming up and there is a point to this, i need to take a sip of coffee  Smiley

Every moment is like a falling leaf. Seize the moments within the moment.
PepiX

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 06:35:19 PM

For miners using AMD hardware:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=658411
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=658975

Apparently new AMD drivers combined with SGminer improvements produce >5 MH/s for 290's.

Always use binaries with caution for trojans/viruses etc - I haven't personally tested any of them.

I couldn't make it work on full speed (installed the recommended driver), but.. I got a BIN created from its kernel and got the same speed increase using an old optimised sph miner.. So guys.. if in doubt.. just search around for BIN files only.
Icebucket

Activity: 409

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 06:41:37 PM

Does the testnet need more Hash ? .. I would be more than happy to donate 2-3 weeks of hashing to this project.

Anyone know where I should be pointing my miner at ?

“Every morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters most.”
― Gautama Buddha
r-ando

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 06:59:41 PM

So following up on the analysis of Milton Friedman's predictions and words, two things are needed for a successful ecash no matter what the reasons and arguments presented in it's favour are: - A system people trust= (analysis) secure and open source
                                                                     : - Anonymous

Bitcoin is often criticized for having no backing of value. (kind of like the american dollar which is the worlds currency for the moment after the removal of the gold standard... The american dollar became based on speculation... similar to alt coins some would say?)

All of a sudden this fundamental changes with Darkcoin with the masternodes and the quest to accumulate enough for a master node.

All of a sudden their is more value in holding dark coin than in any other currency in the world. (kind of like stocks, dividend vs no dividend.) Don't quote buffet please and say no dividend is better because they reinvest in the company, because the government is reinvesting, unfortunately ''unlike'' a company in things that are not necessarily in the best interests of its shareholders and stakeholders, I have to put the comas around unfortunately because of the disgrace that is the actual concept or the abandonment of the concept of social responsibility.
 After all the shareholders often get fooled into believing their interest as shareholders is greater than their interest as stakeholders or other peoples interest as stakeholders.

When it comes to Darkcoin, I am a shareholder and the whole world is a stakeholder. Are you with me, are we going to create something beautiful together, if you still are with me and are a person that believes that creation will bring us forward, and that compassion will make sure we never leave our hearts behind, I'm looking for people like you and will post again in a few minutes, coffee is ready, thank you.  Smiley

raganius

Activity: 308

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 07:07:38 PM

Hi everyone, I havn't posted on this forum since before DRK was worth over a dollar a coin. I have been a supporter of an open source trustless and anonymous ecash system since the weakness in Bitcoin was exposed. i started by investing in Fedoracoin, but then after talking people on this message board and doing extensive research and analysis I went followed my intuition and adopted Darkcoin.

For those interested in understanding what is required and important for the implementation of Ecash into everyday life and the importance of this for our everyday life, and the life of our kids and grandchildren, this 4:20 minute long video by Milton Friedman will hopefully be a wonderful experience:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYD17h6hlCs

The name of the video say's bitcoin, we can both logically and intuitively replace bitcoin with darkcoin after understanding what he say, someone should repost this video with the words darkcoin with an explanation of why bitcoin doesn't work  

I even think this Milton Friedman video could be beneficial on the dark coin website, after all its not like its copyrighted lol and its definitely cool to have M. Friedman's support even in the afterlife.

Milton Friedman with John Maynard Keynes are two of the most influential economists that helped to shape the economic thoughts and models of our time.

Next post coming up and there is a point to this, i need to take a sip of coffee  Smiley

Thank you for the video and post. Very good.
buy4crypto

Activity: 434

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2014, 07:32:00 PM

You will see who the real holders are of the technology, and who is here to daytrade. If I wanted to accumulate a lot of shares I would love a time like this. Don't forget a lot of these people who sold yesterday and today today will be back for the most part, as well as bargain hunters, ect. Once the nearterm bottom is in this will rally fast for a while. Let a little excitement build and the scare wear off and this will be fine. Today is a day many peoples true color show.

Clearing out daytraders and finding the true bottom support is what will make for the next powerful rally.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
████ - freecrypto.top - btcinfo.top - DIGITAL CURRENCY DIRECTORIES - freeMonero.comfunbtc.xyz  ████
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 07:35:25 PM

Bitcoin is often criticized for having no backing of value. (kind of like the american dollar which is the worlds currency for the moment after the removal of the gold standard... The american dollar became based on speculation... similar to alt coins some would say?)

All of a sudden this fundamental changes with Darkcoin with the masternodes and the quest to accumulate enough for a master node.

All of a sudden their is more value in holding dark coin than in any other currency in the world. (kind of like stocks, dividend vs no dividend.) Don't quote buffet please and say no dividend is better because they reinvest in the company, because the government is reinvesting, unfortunately ''unlike'' a company in things that are not necessarily in the best interests of its shareholders and stakeholders, I have to put the comas around unfortunately because of the disgrace that is the actual concept or the abandonment of the concept of social responsibility.
 After all the shareholders often get fooled into believing their interest as shareholders is greater than their interest as stakeholders or other peoples interest as stakeholders.

When it comes to Darkcoin, I am a shareholder and the whole world is a stakeholder. Are you with me, are we going to create something beautiful together, if you still are with me and are a person that believes that creation will bring us forward, and that compassion will make sure we never leave our hearts behind, I'm looking for people like you and will post again in a few minutes, coffee is ready, thank you.  Smiley

I remembered this:

"Bitcoins have no dividend or potential future dividend, therefore not like a stock. (They’re) more like a collectible or commodity." - Satoshi

...node dividend indeed change the economic model.
psychocoin

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 07:49:46 PM

I find it very unusual that the DarkCoin volume on Bittrex is very low when the few other anon coins on there have high volume.
Such is the difference between dying and emerging coins!

Win up to $200 every hour in BTC and DOGE! Trade MOTO, MIN, and other alts on C-CEX!
dotnetmin

Activity: 756

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 07:57:54 PM

I find it very unusual that the DarkCoin volume on Bittrex is very low when the few other anon coins on there have high volume.
Such is the difference between dying and emerging coins!
Bullshit, there is no money to made on Drk right now, so btc wents to the real only p&d coins to make a short profit
r-ando

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 07:59:50 PM

You are welcome Raganius. I actually found that link earlier on the thread many weeks ago and it helped me decide to fully understand my intuition and put my faith in Darkcoin. Thank you original post it was very helpful! Wouldn't that be fun to have on the website somewhere, or a link to it?

Ok, so what I have in mind is that Darkcoin will change the world. It will become the currency of the people. It will become the single most valuable thing in the world, because it will become a manifestation of universal consciousness. It is the solution to the problem that the gold historical is too heavy to travel, easy to tax and that paper notes fundamentally have no real value that isn't based on speculation. It is the solution to inflation, the solution to deflation, the solution to bringing the greater power of manifestation away from a few hands and putting it back into the hands of the many.

This is not a thing that will happen overnight, it is a thing that will happen over time supported by heart, courage, compassion, understanding and strategic vision, supported by our will for it to happen.

Some people are here to get rich quickly, no problem with that. I have no problem with anyone. But I will connect more deeply by choice and design, to the people who will see that we can do much more than get rich quickly here. And after all, not to seem pessimistic and actually quite contrary to any pessimism, for those of you who like me are inclined towards wealth the fact that we can't take it all with us when we go is going to help.
We have the potential to reshape the world in our image while letting everybody else shape their world in their own image.

Let me explain. And its a beautiful explanation. At least to me and hopefully to others here today and in the future.

AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 08:07:46 PM

Bitcoin jesus is sending us a message?

http://chainz.cryptoid.info/drk/address.dws?188207.htm

He removed: - 333.0399919 DRK
He now has: 333,000.2930081 DRK

I'm trying to understand the 2930081 part. Could be a birth date (1981) if it weren't for an extra zero.

In the richlist it appears as

333,000.3 DRK

...so it does a good symmetry as the

333,333.3 DRK
became
333,000.3 DRK
TsuyokuNaritai

Activity: 574

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 08:08:18 PM

Because who would use Bittrex to trade DRK when they can use mintpal, with it's much higher liquidity?

Also, the pumpydump con-artists like to manipulate the smaller coins where they can make a bigger difference to the price.

Pages: « 1 ... 1861 1862 1863 1864 1865 1866 1867 1868 1869 1870 1871 1872 1873 1874 1875 1876 1877 1878 1879 1880 1881 1882 1883 1884 1885 1886 1887 1888 1889 1890 1891 1892 1893 1894 1895 1896 1897 1898 1899 1900 1901 1902 1903 1904 1905 1906 1907 1908 1909 1910 [1911] 1912 1913 1914 1915 1916 1917 1918 1919 1920 1921 1922 1923 1924 1925 1926 1927 1928 1929 1930 1931 1932 1933 1934 1935 1936 1937 1938 1939 1940 1941 1942 1943 1944 1945 1946 1947 1948 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1954 1955 1956 1957 1958 1959 1960 1961 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: