Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 02:26:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1880 1881 1882 1883 1884 1885 1886 1887 1888 1889 1890 1891 1892 1893 1894 1895 1896 1897 1898 1899 1900 1901 1902 1903 1904 1905 1906 1907 1908 1909 1910 1911 1912 1913 1914 1915 1916 1917 1918 1919 1920 1921 1922 1923 1924 1925 1926 1927 1928 1929 [1930] 1931 1932 1933 1934 1935 1936 1937 1938 1939 1940 1941 1942 1943 1944 1945 1946 1947 1948 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1954 1955 1956 1957 1958 1959 1960 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1974 1975 1976 1977 1978 1979 1980 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722503 times)
HinnomTX

Activity: 525
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 05:33:41 PM

I have, but there is a Huge Huge problem with Boolberry. That's because they use the aglorithm Wild Keccak instead of Cryptonote. There is a private gpu miner for Wild Keccak, as users have been getting on average, 7,000 boolberry per day using the private gpu miner...I recently saw a 80,000 boolberry sell on Poloniex also..
7,000 Boolberry mined by 1 person per day using the private gpu miner is around 15 Bitcoin per day for that person. I saw a 80,000 Boolberry sell order on Poloniex two days ago..
I heard you the first time. No need to repeat. 
You still don't see how capitalism works? We should be aghast by your findings of this miner's extreme profitability, and yet where's the impetus to do something about it? There is virtually no barrier to entry here. The smart coders just haven't stolen this profit margin back yet.
I love that I got you talking about Boolberry. Bad press is good press. Thanks for that.

"One can only solve so much with cryptography. The rest of the solution will prove to be economic in nature." -Evan Duffield
Dash is Digital Cash.  https://www.dash.org

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2014, 05:34:35 PM

Are you kidding me? You can't compare to Darkcoin's 50% instamine

Not to mention, Monero has a Open Source Gpu Miner, so you and your friends can mine with your GPU if you like.

Boolberry has a private gpu miner, which earns it's user 7,000 Boolberry a day on average AND it has Botnets.
I'm 100% sure Boolberry has a instamine worse than Darkcoin's 50%, probably a 60-70% instamine for Boolberry.
Even if the private gpu miner issue was fixed(it never will be since it's a private miner), a countless amount of Boolberry would have already been mined and in the hands of just a few people.

7,000 Boolberry mined by 1 person per day using the private gpu miner is around 15 Bitcoin per day for that person. I saw a 80,000 Boolberry sell order on Poloniex two days ago..
You have no idea what you're talking about.
Go away to your random shitcoin, stop trolling DRK.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
djslick
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2014, 05:37:24 PM

DarkCoin is now better distributed than most coins - specially shitcoins copycats - you are just an embarrassment for yourself  darkota
Just leave

i'm sorry, but REALLY? how can you actually believe that? all evidence shows a massive insta-mine, and the more people who mine the coin, the less there is distributed. this system is HIGHLY lopsided distribution. i would go as far to say that it's the OPPOSITE of fair distribution.

well, not as bad as some coins, but it's still NOT GOOD on "fair distribution". the only people who would argue against this is people who are obviously holding alot of DRK lol.

*** STUMP THE TRUMP *** SPURN THE BERN *** VOTE BILLARY! ***
-= www.Billary.rocks | https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1439754 =-
darkota

Activity: 770

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 05:40:48 PM

DarkCoin is now better distributed than most coins - specially shitcoins copycats - you are just an embarrassment for yourself  darkota
Just leave

i'm sorry, but REALLY? how can you actually believe that? all evidence shows a massive insta-mine, and the more people who mine the coin, the less there is distributed. this system is HIGHLY lopsided distribution. i would go as far to say that it's the OPPOSITE of fair distribution.

well, not as bad as some coins, but it's still NOT GOOD on "fair distribution". the only people who would argue against this is people who are obviously holding alot of DRK lol.

Just leave them in their lies...50% instamine in the hands of a few people is a "good distribution" now
oblox
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 05:47:31 PM

The instamine happened (no one is arguing that and it's very much a part of the history of the coin), now take the the two largest coinholders out of the equation who started accumulating well after the original instamine was sold and you have a pretty decent distribution. Yes, the top holders hold a lot, but DRK has also been depreciated for months giving anyone enough time to build a substantial position at low prices. Rehashing the same old bullshit is stupid.
TsuyokuNaritai

Activity: 574

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 05:53:58 PM

Tired of the FUD ? Read the FAQ : http://wiki.darkcoin.eu/wiki/FAQ

Was Darkcoin Instamined?
~2mn coins were issued in the first 48 hours due to problems with the difficulty readjustment. That represents approximately 10-15% of the total money supply that will ever be issued.

The majority of these coins were distributed through the market in the following weeks and months at very low price levels* (0.0000x BTC per DRK to 0.000x BTC per DRK) and a lot of them were also absorbed in the April/May 2014 price increase.

• Examples of prices and selling action almost two weeks after launch:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg4861558#msg4861558

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg4889177#msg4889177

I read someone who wrote that 50% of the coins in circulation are owned by the devs
No. This is a classic case of spreading FUD (Fear Uncertainty and Doubt) by supporters of other cryptocurrencies who perceive Darkcoin as a threat to the coin they support.

The coin has been well distributed through exchanges since early February 2014 – almost 15-20 days after the coin's launch. One could buy as many cheap DRKs as they wanted, with prices of 0.0000x per DRK or 0.0001x per DRK. This can be verified by historic charts of c-cex.com and poloniex.com of early Feb 2014. These two exchanges were the first that adopted DRK. Huge buy orders of 20-30-50k DRKs were being filled by early miners who were dumping their coins for pennies, not really appreciating the coin they had in their possession due to the “abundant” way in which they mined it as people do not really appreciate what they are given in ample quantity.

Miners who “instamined” large quantities never foresaw the huge price increase and as such sold over a million coins at prices from 0.0000x up to 0.002 – with the first large batch being sold after DRK hit the exchanges and the next large batches being sold from February 2014 to April 2014 @ 0.0015 BTC price levels. In fact, many coin holders were complaining* of all the “dumping” by those who held cheap coins from the start that kept the price at artificially low levels for 2 months straight.

The dumping ended, due to tremendous market demand, when a “pump” was initiated by “whale” buyers that swallowed millions of USD (in DRKs), raising the price from 0.0012 to 0.017 within a few weeks.

• During this dumping period there were certain individuals who spread FUD about how the coin will never rise in price due to the instaminers dumping continuously. These are typically the same people who are claiming that the 50% instamine distribution affects the coin distribution today. However it is impossible to simultaneously claim that the coins were being dumped and that the 50% instamine holds true today. It's either one or the other. Since the coins were being dumped, the 50% instamine distribution was gradually reduced with each dumping wave. Blockchain analysis indicates a well distributed coin, reflecting the fact that the dumped coins were evenly distributed through the market. Early distribution is not currently an issue as huge buyers have been reshuffling the "rich-list" in their favor, buying millions of dollars in Darkcoins during May 2014. Late distribution through aggressive buying is currently more of a concern than early distribution.
The Birth Of Darkcoin (Mar 29, 2014 by Evan Duffield)

This is the story of how Darkcoin came about. Recently the community has grown a lot and many people here aren’t aware at all of the early history of the coin. I’m sure you’ll see from the full story that I would have done things much differently, but hindsight is always 20/20.

So who am I and what do I offer?

My name is Evan Duffield and I’ve been developing software since I was 15. I also have a history in finance and an interest in economics and machine learning. I’ve worked all over the space for PR firms, creating search engines and machine learning algorithms for financial modeling.

I’ve have a rewarding career and consider myself lucky to have been a part of many great projects. Also, it’s worth noting when I worked at Hawk Financial Group I got my series 65 (a financial advisor license) and I’ve used that knowledge extensively for Darkcoin.

The birth of Darkcoin

I discovered Bitcoin in mid 2010 and was obsessed ever since. After a couple of years in 2012 I started really thinking about how to add anonymity to Bitcoin. I came up with maybe 10 ways of doing this, but I soon realized that Bitcoin would never add my code. The developers really want the core protocol to stay the same for the most part and everything else to be implemented on the top of it.

This was the birth of the concept of Darkcoin. I implemented X11 in a weekend and found it worked pretty well and it would give a completely fair start to the currency. What I really was aiming for with X11 is a similar development curve where miners would fight to create small advantages much like the early start of Bitcoin. I think this a requirement to create a healthy ecosystem.

Next I was thinking about changing the reward system. I thought it would be an interesting experiment to add more incentives to join mining early on, driving up the hashrate and protecting the network, that’s when I came up with 1111.0 / ((x+1.0)^2.0), which was the first formula for controlling rewards.

Launch

It was January 18, 2014 and I had everything ready or so I thought. I announced the launch of Darkcoin (XCoin at the time) on BitcoinTalk. We launched later and immediately got stuck on block 42, I was new to the Bitcoin codebase and wasn’t sure what I missed so I announced we’d relaunch later.

When we relaunched we had a rush of miners join causing a huge spike of coin production without it being able to adjust the difficulty quick enough, we just ended up spilling out coins. Retargeting happened every 576 blocks and could only increase the difficulty by four times, so it took about six retargets to get to a difficulty that was near 2.5 minutes per block.

Later on, after the difficulty evened out we realized that there was a serious problem with the block reward calculation. You can see people discussing the problems here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.120

I soon fixed this issue at block 4500, but none of us realized the amount of coins that had been issued at the time. At that point we didn’t even have a block explorer yet.

Growth

Right after block 4500 is when I started working on DarkSend. I was trying to create a proof-of-concept and eventually I succeeded, I posted about it and our coin started to become more popular by the day. This is when the coin became a serious project of mine.

Later on we switched to 11111.0 / ((Difficulty+51.0)/6.0)^2), these formulas proved to be much more powerful incentives to drive up the difficulty than I thought they would. Soon after we switched to (2222222.0 / ((Difficulty+2600.0)/9.0)^2.0), targeting a difficulty of about 3400.

In the end?

Darkcoin started from a few months of me thinking about ways to create a better coin and a couple weekends of coding. It wasn’t till later that we got established and I really started taking this seriously. Anyone can compare our recent efforts to the sorted past and see things are going much smoother. No one really knew how much this would blow up (in a good way) and how popular it would be, otherwise I would have took my time in the beginning.

Goals and the future of Darkcoin

I don’t believe the origins of Darkcoin are too much to overcome, but investors and users are going to have to decide for themselves if they want to support the project. Recently I’ve shifted away from other projects to going full time on Darkcoin. I think with a full time developer and our solid community we’ll be able to make something great.

It’s only been a couple months and we have a lot to show for it (X11, DGW and DarkSend Beta) and there is more in the works. This obviously didn’t go perfect but I think we have a really fantastic community and I see a really bright future for Darkcoin.

Of course mudslinging is easier than innovation. So keep creating new accounts while the Darkcoin team is innovating. Have a good day !

AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 05:58:55 PM

Darkota, since you want so much to talk about Monero, let's talk.

Pretend I am a millionaire and want to invest in Monero.

Please answer me the following:

a) Who made Monero and why? What was their vision?
b) What had the Monero team done for privacy, before copying the Bytecoin code?
c) Are they really interested in anonymity, or did they try to cash out in the wake of DRK? Why did they make an anonymous coin in May - when DRK was already making a splash? If they were really interested in anonymity, why not earlier?
d) Can Monero scale?
e) Is Monero's PoW futureproof, for providing almost 90% of its coins in just 4 years? Why would someone invest in such a curve?
f) Why would I put my money on something with 2% daily inflation? As a currency, does it fulfill one of the basic criteria - that being an adequate store of value?
g) What is the cost to render the blockchain DOA for someone who wants to kill Monero, in terms of Bitcoins? Can a kid, a hacker, a government spend 10 BTCs and make the blockchain so bloated that it doesn't even load the wallet - killing my multi-million investment?
h) Is Monero anonymous in itself, or does it also need IP obfuscation to achieve anonymity? If it is the later, how exactly is it so anonymous, and how can you vouch for the IP obfuscation network that it will be using? Is there an IP obfuscation network that is 100% reliable for anonymity purposes? As far as I am aware, there is none.
i) Why should I pick Monero instead of Boolberry? The specs of Boolberry are superior and the dev is seemingly doing more work on his own than the Monero devs. Remember I am a buyer and I don't care about who mines what so I don't care about CPU and GPU miners.
k) What happens if the Bytecoin guys (who made the code) discover a flaw, patch it in their own coin and then kill the clones by exploiting the flaw? If they are really underground hackers that hate the Monero copycats, isn't that a real possibility?
l) What is the advancement potential given that Monero is a clone and Bytecoin is the original?
m) What assurances do I have that the codebase is solid? For all I know it's totally untested in public use, being public for 2 or 3 months. Even the boolberry dev openly declares it to be untested.
n) Is it usable by average joe?
o) Is it usable by companies and businesses?

I can ask you questions about Monero all day long if you are so inclined to advertise Monero in the DRK thread.
stilgars

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 06:08:26 PM

Just leave

again, nobody challenges the fact that there has been an issue with the first 24h mining.
Now, today, TODAY the distribution is pretty fair.
Please show me a 6-month old coin better distributed if you have examples. If not, STFU.

Words of Wisdom
 "I'd like to thank eduffield and the other developers for this critically important evolution in virtual currency. DarkCoin is what bitcoin should have been. Some might call it "Bitcoin 2.0" but would do better by saying: "DarkCoin is digital cash." - Child Harold - February 28, 2014
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg5424980#msg5424980
Freckleg

Activity: 508

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 06:16:57 PM

c) Are they really interested in anonymity, or did they try to cash out in the wake of DRK? Why did they make an anonymous coin in May - when DRK was already making a splash? If they were really interested in anonymity, why not earlier?
d) Can Monero scale?
e) Is Monero's PoW futureproof, for providing almost 90% of its coins in just 4 years? Why would someone invest in such a curve?
f) Why would I put my money on something with 2% daily inflation? As a currency, does it fulfill one of the basic criteria - that being an adequate store of value?
g) What is the cost to render the blockchain DOA for someone who wants to kill Monero, in terms of Bitcoins? Can a kid, a hacker, a government spend 10 BTCs and make the blockchain so bloated that it doesn't even load the wallet - killing my multi-million investment?
h) Is Monero anonymous in itself, or does it also need IP obfuscation to achieve anonymity? If it is the later, how exactly is it so anonymous, and how can you vouch for the IP obfuscation network that it will be using? Is there an IP obfuscation network that is 100% reliable for anonymity purposes? As far as I am aware, there is none.
i) Why should I pick Monero instead of Boolberry? The specs of Boolberry are superior and the dev is seemingly doing more work on his own than the Monero devs. Remember I am a buyer and I don't care about who mines what so I don't care about CPU and GPU miners.
k) What happens if the Bytecoin guys (who made the code) discover a flaw, patch it in their own coin and then kill the clones by exploiting the flaw? If they are really underground hackers that hate the Monero copycats, isn't that a real possibility?
l) What is the advancement potential given that Monero is a clone and Bytecoin is the original?
m) What assurances do I have that the codebase is solid? For all I know it's totally untested in public use, being public for 2 or 3 months. Even the boolberry dev openly declares it to be untested.

I can ask you questions about Monero all day long if you are so inclined to advertise Monero in the DRK thread.

Great post! Remember me never to get into an argument with you Alex ;-)
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 06:50:02 PM

As a one Monero holder to another: You are just hurting my Monero investment with your immature comments in this thread.
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 06:53:27 PM

Great post! Remember me never to get into an argument with you Alex ;-)

He taught me everything I know. I think it only took 5 minutes.

I've worked out that if you need to make a strong argument on anything crypto related; first, go through AlexGR history; second, copy paste relevant sections; third, take credit for his wise words.

He acts like the COO of a medium sized publicly traded business, just waiting for that top spot position to open up at Google.
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 06:56:59 PM

The price of bitcoin has been down for a few weeks now, must be those instamined coins Satoshi is holding. He can dump them at any point. its like having your head in a noose, teetering on a badly made chair which could collapse at any moment.
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 07:02:42 PM

d) Can Monero scale?

El Anonymint, he say:

So we can see as it is currently structured, CryptoNote doesn't really support anonymity much.

Sorry to blow holes in your enthusiasm. Reality sucks if you haven't taken the time to do some serious work before launching.
sin242

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 07:47:57 PM

blah blah blah, i'm a dumb whore

I thought you were leaving....

Its also a good idea to not quote trolls. Quote them, but please do us the pleasantry of removing the text Wink

I....did?

Dark:  Xk9BoVerBd41JCjWQEhnxoowP7YNUK439z
BTC:  1JzPN2h8WGSi7kQeY5wuP4PjVD2hxkHJQM
luke997

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 07:53:27 PM

d) Can Monero scale?

This one gets bookmarked.
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 07:54:38 PM

Its also a good idea to not quote trolls. Quote them, but please do us the pleasantry of removing the text Wink

I....did?

i'm confused now.. does this mean darkota didnt type ''blah blah blah, i'm a dumb whore'' ?

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
darkota

Activity: 770

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 07:59:54 PM

I....did?

i'm confused now.. does this mean darkota didnt type ''blah blah blah, i'm a dumb whore'' ?

No I typed about how Darkcoin has a 50% instamine and over 2million Darkcoins are in the hands of a few individuals or one person.

Also, how its coinjoin/darksend is not anonymous as shown by jmaxwell, the maker of coinjoin, as well as many articles about the subject.

There's no point in Darkcoin fanboys argueing over other coins, when

1) It's not anonymous, Darkcoin's coinjoin/Darksend is Not anonymous

2) It has a 50% instamine
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 08:00:07 PM

d) Can Monero scale?

This one gets bookmarked.

The best pieces are actually all around the BCN and MRO threads with all the unbelieveable problems people encounter every day. If I made a list of these perls, we'd be laughing all the way to the DRKbank - but at least they are trying... heh...

For example, a while ago Mintpal added Monero and ...money isn't moving around in the chain:

Adaptive block sizing means right now it's hard to get money around in XMR chain because it is saturated. However, over the next hour the blockchain will expand its blocksize and this will be less of an issue. Please wait for your tx to be included in the blockchain.

Saturation... "Please wait for your tx"... Yep... That will scale well for prime-time use...

Darkota are you still with us?
acseric

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 08:02:27 PM

I....did?

Wait, what?
eduffield (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1036

Dash Developer

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2014, 08:03:31 PM

Help test the RC3 prelaunch!

https://darkcointalk.org/threads/rc3-prelaunch-testing.1523/

Dash - Digital Cash | dash.org | dashfoundation.io | dashgo.io
Pages: « 1 ... 1880 1881 1882 1883 1884 1885 1886 1887 1888 1889 1890 1891 1892 1893 1894 1895 1896 1897 1898 1899 1900 1901 1902 1903 1904 1905 1906 1907 1908 1909 1910 1911 1912 1913 1914 1915 1916 1917 1918 1919 1920 1921 1922 1923 1924 1925 1926 1927 1928 1929 [1930] 1931 1932 1933 1934 1935 1936 1937 1938 1939 1940 1941 1942 1943 1944 1945 1946 1947 1948 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1954 1955 1956 1957 1958 1959 1960 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1974 1975 1976 1977 1978 1979 1980 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: