Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 04:19:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1862 1863 1864 1865 1866 1867 1868 1869 1870 1871 1872 1873 1874 1875 1876 1877 1878 1879 1880 1881 1882 1883 1884 1885 1886 1887 1888 1889 1890 1891 1892 1893 1894 1895 1896 1897 1898 1899 1900 1901 1902 1903 1904 1905 1906 1907 1908 1909 1910 1911 [1912] 1913 1914 1915 1916 1917 1918 1919 1920 1921 1922 1923 1924 1925 1926 1927 1928 1929 1930 1931 1932 1933 1934 1935 1936 1937 1938 1939 1940 1941 1942 1943 1944 1945 1946 1947 1948 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1954 1955 1956 1957 1958 1959 1960 1961 1962 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722502 times)
buy4crypto

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2014, 08:19:41 PM

I find it very unusual that the DarkCoin volume on Bittrex is very low when the few other anon coins on there have high volume.
Because who would use Bittrex to trade DRK when they can use mintpal, with it's much higher liquidity?

Also, the pumpydump con-artists like to manipulate the smaller coins where they can make a bigger difference to the price.

Bittrex is usually 3k BTC daily and above, so liquidity isn't the reason.

He may be reffing to the several hundred - thousand of BTC worth traded of DRK on mintpal a day, was over 4000 btc on mintpal alone 24 hrs after update.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
████ - freecrypto.top - btcinfo.top - DIGITAL CURRENCY DIRECTORIES - freeMonero.comfunbtc.xyz  ████
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TsuyokuNaritai

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 08:25:08 PM

I find it very unusual that the DarkCoin volume on Bittrex is very low when the few other anon coins on there have high volume.
Because who would use Bittrex to trade DRK when they can use mintpal, with it's much higher liquidity?

Also, the pumpydump con-artists like to manipulate the smaller coins where they can make a bigger difference to the price.

Bittrex is usually 3k BTC daily and above, so liquidity isn't the reason.

He may be reffing to the several hundred - thousand of BTC worth traded of DRK on mintpal a day, was over 4000 btc on mintpal alone 24 hrs after update.

Indeed. I just check the Bittrex walls & order book for DRK, it's significantly less liquidity than the mintpal DRK market. Good luck buying a masternode on Bittrex without slipping to Pluto.

luke997

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 08:26:17 PM

Bitcoin jesus is sending us a message?

http://chainz.cryptoid.info/drk/address.dws?188207.htm

He removed: - 333.0399919 DRK
He now has: 333,000.2930081 DRK

I'm trying to understand the 2930081 part. Could be a birth date (1981) if it weren't for an extra zero.

In the richlist it appears as

333,000.3 DRK

...so it does a good symmetry as the

333,333.3 DRK
became
333,000.3 DRK

This was easy. Sum of all the digits in 2930081 is 23
kurzwell

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 08:31:24 PM

Hi everyone, I havn't posted on this forum since before DRK was worth over a dollar a coin. I have been a supporter of an open source trustless and anonymous ecash system since the weakness in Bitcoin was exposed. i started by investing in Fedoracoin, but then after talking people on this message board and doing extensive research and analysis I went followed my intuition and adopted Darkcoin.

For those interested in understanding what is required and important for the implementation of Ecash into everyday life and the importance of this for our everyday life, and the life of our kids and grandchildren, this 4:20 minute long video by Milton Friedman will hopefully be a wonderful experience:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYD17h6hlCs

The name of the video say's bitcoin, we can both logically and intuitively replace bitcoin with darkcoin after understanding what he say, someone should repost this video with the words darkcoin with an explanation of why bitcoin doesn't work  

I even think this Milton Friedman video could be beneficial on the dark coin website, after all its not like its copyrighted lol and its definitely cool to have M. Friedman's support even in the afterlife.

Milton Friedman with John Maynard Keynes are two of the most influential economists that helped to shape the economic thoughts and models of our time.

Next post coming up and there is a point to this, i need to take a sip of coffee  Smiley

Hey r-ando.  Welcome back from hibernation. Very nice contribution.  I'm not much for video editing, but I think the following two links might be useful:

Same video minus the Bitcoin parts at the front/back: http://youtu.be/j2mdYX1nF_Y

The full interview that this is pulled from (11:41-15:35).  There are some additional parts that might be useful in a remix, such as some comments by the interviewer at the beginning about the predicted rise of the regulatory state:  http://youtu.be/mlwxdyLnMXM.  I'd recommend a note in any remix pointing to this video so that people can see the resulting new video was not taken out of context.
raganius

Activity: 308

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 08:44:01 PM

You are welcome Raganius. I actually found that link earlier on the thread many weeks ago and it helped me decide to fully understand my intuition and put my faith in Darkcoin. Thank you original post it was very helpful! Wouldn't that be fun to have on the website somewhere, or a link to it?

Ok, so what I have in mind is that Darkcoin will change the world. It will become the currency of the people. It will become the single most valuable thing in the world, because it will become a manifestation of universal consciousness. It is the solution to the problem that the gold historical is too heavy to travel, easy to tax and that paper notes fundamentally have no real value that isn't based on speculation. It is the solution to inflation, the solution to deflation, the solution to bringing the greater power of manifestation away from a few hands and putting it back into the hands of the many.

This is not a thing that will happen overnight, it is a thing that will happen over time supported by heart, courage, compassion, understanding and strategic vision, supported by our will for it to happen.

Some people are here to get rich quickly, no problem with that. I have no problem with anyone. But I will connect more deeply by choice and design, to the people who will see that we can do much more than get rich quickly here. And after all, not to seem pessimistic and actually quite contrary to any pessimism, for those of you who like me are inclined towards wealth the fact that we can't take it all with us when we go is going to help.
We have the potential to reshape the world in our image while letting everybody else shape their world in their own image.

Let me explain. And its a beautiful explanation. At least to me and hopefully to others here today and in the future.

Very good words. Thank you! I also believe in everything that you said, and that's why I am proud to be here, and fortunate to be living in these wonderful days. I feel like a witness of the CryptoTrailblazers pioneering in this new paradigm.
r-ando

Activity: 246

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 08:56:17 PM

We can change the world if we choose to do so, get up and do it.
We can help create happiness. Do you believe in joy, please help create joy. Do you believe in possibilities?

Do you believe in kids, your kids, your family's kids, your friends, do you believe in grandchildren... are you not a grandchild? Do you believe all these people and all the people they care about, and stretch the chain a few or many generations, will they will live in a better world or a worse world if we do not focus the power of manifestation of our consciousness on making it better? Better for us now, for them tomorrow, thinking about us and them and not simply one or the other.

The first answer seems simple to me, if we work on making it better it will not become worse because of us, and it will become better because of us.

These are some of the reasons for me, like you may have some for yourself and I encourage you to share them also, to join me as brothers when we stand in the Dark illuminated by the Light. Like when we stand in the ''light'', illuminated by the Light of Darkcoin. Smiley

Its time for me to illustrate the power of the Darkcoin community, and the power it will have when it shines its light upon the world.

1 node will lead to many nodes. Many nodes will lead to many coins per day. Eventually so many you will be making tens of thousands of dollars everyday. By this time people will start relating value to value in Dark and not dollars.

One of the key's to this success is to use the technology, this series of manifestations of quantum mechanics that meld together through our consciousness and is becoming Darkcoin, to use this technology to become the salvation of the world.

How do we do this? Eventually all of us early adopters and eventually all adopters will become very wealthy... or even more wealthy  Smiley  The price will go up, we will have maybe 30 000 coins after 5 years off of one first node... daily payout, etc. I will have many nodes as will you if you operate one. What I suggest id we create a Darkcoin Foundation of the World. The name doesn't matter as much as the concept.

All of us that will be wealthy beyond our expectation will increase that wealth further and allow the whole world to benefit from it during and after our lifetimes. How? Please understand:

We will do so by setting aside some of the profits from our nodes for the foundation and distributing the proceeds from these nodes to every single new born child in the world. Forever.

These darkcoin will be set aside for them by the foundation and managed in other nodes by the foundation so that the newcomer's to the world will already start giving back to other newcomers after them from the minute they are blessed with Darkcoin at birth. People will know they are giving to others and know others have given to them. Also a portion of the new darkcoins generated by the birth darkcoins will generate interest in darkcoin for the newcomers themselves through nodes and for other newcomers, so although they will not be able to sell them directly, what will happen is everyone in the world will eventually own Darkcoin. Effectively cementing Darkcoin int othe global consciousness. These Darkcoin will go up in value exponentially as the Darkcoin Foundation's world transformation process proceeds and will offer people the possibility to take loans with no interest on their birth Darkcoin directly from the foundation. Thus essentially everyone will be born into the system and will benefit from the system from birth no matter the circumstances of their birth, and i'm the manner they see fit, born with the right to the worlds resources, to the universes ressources which are infinite. This will have many effects. And I hope the developer Evan decides to lead this foundation that will be dedicated to turning Darkcoin into the worlds greatest currency.
More to come.  Smiley Would some people here be interested in creating such a world?

Every moment is like a falling leaf. Seize the moments within the moment.
therightmintality

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 08:57:42 PM

Im kind of curious to know if the dev's trade around this info or halt their trading activity day of patches? It can be dangerous to play in these games when this is the case. I have no reason to believe but have the dev's assured anyone that they don't trade off the knowledge?

Kinda seems well played for those in the "know"

The next week will be telling.  If they fix this in the next week, it seems suspicious.  Run the Rev knowing its going to fork, buy at the low, then have a quick turn around fix after saying it was going to take 2-3 weeks...
ddink7
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 08:58:03 PM

In the excitement of the bug fix and new developers, and the disappointment in the proposed launch timeframe, something very important has been left out.

From the announcement:
Next week we will begin testing code to fix this issue. This will include setting up hundreds of daemons and several more pools on testnet to better simulate mainnet.

A more robust testnet may end up being even more important than any of the rest of the information in Evan's announcement. Combined with the possibility of merge-mining testnet coins (as flare and others are discussing with Evan), this could make future releases a breeze!

Dash - Digital Cash
https://www.dash.org/
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 09:06:26 PM

Bitcoin is often criticized for having no backing of value. (kind of like the american dollar which is the worlds currency for the moment after the removal of the gold standard... The american dollar became based on speculation... similar to alt coins some would say?)

All of a sudden this fundamental changes with Darkcoin with the masternodes and the quest to accumulate enough for a master node.

All of a sudden their is more value in holding dark coin than in any other currency in the world. (kind of like stocks, dividend vs no dividend.) Don't quote buffet please and say no dividend is better because they reinvest in the company, because the government is reinvesting, unfortunately ''unlike'' a company in things that are not necessarily in the best interests of its shareholders and stakeholders, I have to put the comas around unfortunately because of the disgrace that is the actual concept or the abandonment of the concept of social responsibility.
 After all the shareholders often get fooled into believing their interest as shareholders is greater than their interest as stakeholders or other peoples interest as stakeholders.

When it comes to Darkcoin, I am a shareholder and the whole world is a stakeholder. Are you with me, are we going to create something beautiful together, if you still are with me and are a person that believes that creation will bring us forward, and that compassion will make sure we never leave our hearts behind, I'm looking for people like you and will post again in a few minutes, coffee is ready, thank you.  Smiley

I remembered this:

"Bitcoins have no dividend or potential future dividend, therefore not like a stock. (They’re) more like a collectible or commodity." - Satoshi

...node dividend indeed change the economic model.

+101

We do need to highlight this much more. Nodes getting paid. Miners getting paid. Bounties being generated.
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 09:07:37 PM

Jeez....this "setback' has had an interesting effect on market depth.

Yesterday, before the fork there was around 6000 DRK in bids.

Now. with the retracement in price following the rollback we have 18,000 DRK on order with only 8000 on supply !

People who had missed the boat are now getting a nice window to jump on board and they're queueing up.

EDIT: Now nearly at 20,000 DRK on order ! (All at or above 140) Supply down to 7000.
TsuyokuNaritai

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 09:09:17 PM

this series of manifestations of quantum mechanics that meld together through our consciousness and is becoming Darkcoin, to use this technology to become the salvation of the world.
Today a young man on acid realized that all Darkcoin is merely energy transacted to a slow vibration, that we are all one masternode mixing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as trolls, FUD is only a dream, and we are the anonymizers of ourselves. Here's Ape with the Weather.

coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 09:10:24 PM

Im kind of curious to know if the dev's trade around this info or halt their trading activity day of patches? It can be dangerous to play in these games when this is the case. I have no reason to believe but have the dev's assured anyone that they don't trade off the knowledge?

The next week will be telling.  If they fix this in the next week, it seems suspicious.  Run the Rev knowing its going to fork, buy at the low, then have a quick turn around fix after saying it was going to take 2-3 weeks...

The amended date for RC3 was going to be next week, it was brought forward.
buy4crypto

Activity: 434

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2014, 09:14:30 PM

Now. with the retracement in price following the rollback we have 18,000 DRK on order with only 8000 on supply !

People who had missed the boat are now getting a nice window to jump on board and they're queueing up.

EDIT: Now nearly at 20,000 DRK on order ! (All at or above 140) Supply down to 7000.

Yup I think the 3 day rule may have some people staying on the sideline. Most of the time after bad news you wait 3 days to trade it. This happens to be a bit of good news in with the bad, so I feel the market might get a bit of a early jolt back upwards.

████ - freecrypto.top - btcinfo.top - DIGITAL CURRENCY DIRECTORIES - freeMonero.comfunbtc.xyz  ████
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 09:18:26 PM

Yup I think the 3 day rule may have some people staying on the sideline. Most of the time after bad news you wait 3 days to trade it. This happens to be a bit of good news in with the bad, so I feel the market might get a bit of a early jolt back upwards.

Even following the rollback, there is *massive* demand for the coin. And we're not talking silly bids either - the whole 19000 that's on the order book on Mintpal right now is all basically 1 significant digit below the current pricepoint.

It amounts to an average buywall of 275 BTC at 145.
3ham3

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 09:19:44 PM

Even following the rollback, there is *massive* demand for the coin. And we're not talking silly bids either - the whole 19000 that's on the order book on Mintpal right now is all basically 1 significant digit below the current pricepoint.

Agreed there is massive demand for this coin.
roede94105

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 09:21:17 PM

Did the MN payments that happened after the fork successfully have still been paid?

I mean, did the revert back cancelled the payments for the MN that got lucky?
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 09:23:11 PM

Tech question:

You know the cold wallet that pairs with the masternode ?

Can I make that using Darkcoin QT on the Mac and just transfer it to the local Linux installation of darkcoind ?

Are wallet passphrase, the wallet privkey and the masternode privacy 3 distinct things ?

- the walletpassphrase is needed to let the local masternode access the wallet
 - the wallet privkey lives in the wallet itself
 - the masternode privkey is generated by darkcoind and is needed to link the local and remote instances of the masternode

Is that right ?
therightmintality

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 09:26:09 PM

Then this is suspicious... read the post above yours, there are now 20,000 orders, and 8,000 supply, price will probably go to 17 or 18 in the next few days and more after the Rev "fix".  It would be quite easy to manipulate the market if you knew what was going to happen.  To me it seemed like a simple fix for something that had been pre-"tested".   The market plummets, Dev and team buy between 13-14 and then fix it shortly after and sell for 18-19...
TsuyokuNaritai

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 09:27:09 PM

That's going to be interesting when the owners of those walls start to realise that fact - that there are only enough seats on the train for half of them. The first ones to move will still get cheap DRK, as for the rest...

[Edit: it's like musical chairs. Lots of weak hands stood up, and smart investors grabbed some chairs while they were cheap. Now the sellers are walking round the chairs waiting for the time to get back in, but they haven't realised yet that there aren't enough chairs left for them all, even though it's right there in front of them if they look.]

roede94105

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 09:28:14 PM

Then this is suspicious... read the post above yours, there are now 20,000 orders, and 8,000 supply, price will probably go to 17 or 18 in the next few days and more after the Rev "fix".  It would be quite easy to manipulate the market if you knew what was going to happen.  To me it seemed like a simple fix for something that had been pre-"tested".   The market plummets, Dev and team buy between 13-14 and then fix it shortly after and sell for 18-19...

You'll never know, he will have no way to prove innocent and you to prove guilty.

Until proofs happen (if they ever do), there is no way to know for sure. Great possible source of FUD inspiration for the trolls though, and still a possibility.
Pages: « 1 ... 1862 1863 1864 1865 1866 1867 1868 1869 1870 1871 1872 1873 1874 1875 1876 1877 1878 1879 1880 1881 1882 1883 1884 1885 1886 1887 1888 1889 1890 1891 1892 1893 1894 1895 1896 1897 1898 1899 1900 1901 1902 1903 1904 1905 1906 1907 1908 1909 1910 1911 [1912] 1913 1914 1915 1916 1917 1918 1919 1920 1921 1922 1923 1924 1925 1926 1927 1928 1929 1930 1931 1932 1933 1934 1935 1936 1937 1938 1939 1940 1941 1942 1943 1944 1945 1946 1947 1948 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1954 1955 1956 1957 1958 1959 1960 1961 1962 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: