Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:03:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1863 1864 1865 1866 1867 1868 1869 1870 1871 1872 1873 1874 1875 1876 1877 1878 1879 1880 1881 1882 1883 1884 1885 1886 1887 1888 1889 1890 1891 1892 1893 1894 1895 1896 1897 1898 1899 1900 1901 1902 1903 1904 1905 1906 1907 1908 1909 1910 1911 1912 [1913] 1914 1915 1916 1917 1918 1919 1920 1921 1922 1923 1924 1925 1926 1927 1928 1929 1930 1931 1932 1933 1934 1935 1936 1937 1938 1939 1940 1941 1942 1943 1944 1945 1946 1947 1948 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1954 1955 1956 1957 1958 1959 1960 1961 1962 1963 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722503 times)
Propulsion

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

The Buck Stops Here.

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 09:30:18 PM

New Style of Fud (Enjoyed reading it)

Go back to the XC thread please. There is a convention going on.

Quick Edit: Why no takers with the bet offered in the unmoderated XC thread?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
r-ando

Activity: 246
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 09:33:06 PM

Thats great Kurzwell, superb find thank you! I hope the community likes it  Smiley

Raganius, I feel the same my friend truly.

What do you think about a World Darkcoin Foundation to bring sustainable wealth to the world and to turn Darkcoin into one of the world's greatest creations and hopes for the future? This is a real vessel and means for the unification of the people of the world. It is the great path of Darkcoin, the fastest and most efficient way to make it unstoppable.

Imagine a government that would declare it illegal for people to collect their birth given darkcoin wealth or that would try to fight it. Eventually if you fight on the wrong side you lose, and the side of the people and the side of wealth for all in an unlimited expanding universe is the right side. The side of logic and the side of beauty.

And its also the perfect marketing strategy for Darkcoin  Smiley

This is a plan we can get the movie actors to support, the Dalai Lama and other spiritual leaders, any other ideas for potential help? Would you like to help, anyone? This is super exciting, we have the power to do it for the first time. I'm doing it.

And even if the name changes, let it be said that today the World Darkcoin Foundation was born and everyone is welcome.
Developer Evan and Darkcoin team and Darkcoin investors, would you be interested in supporting the creation of the world's greatest charity's and sustainable development projects? And maybe even spearheading its body and its mission to ensure Darkcoin shines a bright light on the future of all of humankind? Thank you

Every moment is like a falling leaf. Seize the moments within the moment.
Propulsion

The Buck Stops Here.

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 09:33:10 PM

Tech question:

You know the cold wallet that pairs with the masternode ?

Can I make that using Darkcoin QT on the Mac and just transfer it to the local Linux installation of darkcoind ?

Are wallet passphrase, the wallet privkey and the masternode privacy 3 distinct things ?

- the walletpassphrase is needed to let the local masternode access the wallet
 - the wallet privkey lives in the wallet itself
 - the masternode privkey is generated by darkcoind and is needed to link the local and remote instances of the masternode

Is that right ?

The mac version does not have RC3 binaries as far as I'm aware. If it did then yes you can make it with qt.

The wallet privkey is the encryption on the wallet.dat file. Not needed for a remote wallet with no funds.

Masternode Privkey links both wallets together to show proof of funds.
thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 09:36:41 PM

Im kind of curious to know if the dev's trade around this info or halt their trading activity day of patches? It can be dangerous to play in these games when this is the case. I have no reason to believe but have the dev's assured anyone that they don't trade off the knowledge?

Kinda seems well played for those in the "know"

The next week will be telling.  If they fix this in the next week, it seems suspicious.  Run the Rev knowing its going to fork, buy at the low, then have a quick turn around fix after saying it was going to take 2-3 weeks...

The amended date for RC3 was going to be next week, it was brought forward.

Then this is suspicious... read the post above yours, there are now 20,000 orders, and 8,000 supply, price will probably go to 17 or 18 in the next few days and more after the Rev "fix".  It would be quite easy to manipulate the market if you knew what was going to happen.  To me it seemed like a simple fix for something that had been pre-"tested".   The market plummets, Dev and team buy between 13-14 and then fix it shortly after and sell for 18-19...

You're an idiot, and so is buy4crypto. If you were actively participating with testing and development, as all are welcome to, you might realise just how ridiculous your speculations are.

If this is such a great scam for the developers, it's also open to everyone else who's been paying attention and helping out the team.

toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 09:38:03 PM

Tech question:

You know the cold wallet that pairs with the masternode ?

Can I make that using Darkcoin QT on the Mac and just transfer it to the local Linux installation of darkcoind ?

Are wallet passphrase, the wallet privkey and the masternode privacy 3 distinct things ?

- the walletpassphrase is needed to let the local masternode access the wallet
 - the wallet privkey lives in the wallet itself
 - the masternode privkey is generated by darkcoind and is needed to link the local and remote instances of the masternode

Is that right ?

The mac version does not have RC3 binaries as far as I'm aware. If it did then yes you can make it with qt.

Sorry, I was meaning the local wallet that *does* have the funds. i.e. make that on the Mac and transfer it to the local linux installation. I thought that wallet.dat, being just a data file and not a binary, would be interchangeable across platforms with all daemons and "QTs".

Propulsion

The Buck Stops Here.

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 09:42:58 PM

Sorry, I was meaning the local wallet that *does* have the funds. i.e. make that on the Mac and transfer it to the local linux installation. I thought that wallet.dat, being just a data file and not a binary, would be interchangeable across platforms with all daemons and "QTs".

The wallet is interchangeable even with it encrypted. (note I did run into an issue with one wallet, but it might of been compiled using a non supported libdb)
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 09:45:43 PM

Could someone clarify something for me regarding chaeplin's masternode procedure ?

(https://www.darkcointalk.org/threads/how-to-set-up-ec2-t1-micro-ubuntu-for-masternode-part-2-3.241/)

What is the point of downloading the github project and compiling (git clone https://github.com/darkcoinproject/darkcoin.git) when we can just download the binary (wget http://www.darkcoin.io/downloads/rc/darkcoind) straight into /usr/bin as with the update procedure ?

Thanks for any tips.
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 09:46:23 PM

The wallet is interchangeable even with it encrypted. (note I did run into an issue with one wallet, but it might of been compiled using a non supported libdb)

ok, thanks !
PocketCrypto

Activity: 140
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2014, 09:47:21 PM
Last edit: July 23, 2014, 12:51:44 AM by PocketCrypto

Hello Darkcoin Community!

We've just released PocketCrypto, a new Cryptocurrency Management App that will allow you to easily manage your Darkcoin investment.  I'm a Darkcoin investor myself and am excited to see what the future holds for the coin.  Hope you guys will check out the app and Good Luck to All!

We currently support all coins on Mintpal, Cryptsy, and Bittrex. Polo will be added soon.

Pro Version (super awesome!) (no ads) (earlier updates)(no coin limit) (just because you love us Cheesy)
*Exclusive to Pro: *add unlimited coins, add Fiat Currency with price in btc, Precious Metals with price in btc, Notes Feature,and more coming soon!

Free Version (still awesome!)(10 coin limit)

Please check out our main post for additional info, Thanks!
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=660696.0

Blockfolio  ~Bitcoin/Altcoin Portfolio App~ Charts & Price Alerts BCT thread
Download Now: Blockfolio App Twitter: @BlockfolioApp
Delita Heiral

Activity: 263

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 09:49:50 PM

Today a young man on acid realized that all Darkcoin is merely energy transacted to a slow vibration, that we are all one masternode mixing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as trolls, FUD is only a dream, and we are the anonymizers of ourselves. Here's Ape with the Weather.
+∞
thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 09:51:50 PM

The Dark Sermon (ongoing...)

I do not mock, I applaud your vision, but we need a realistic plan and to take things one step at a time. I think I suggested some kind of charitable donation out of the current fund wallet about a thousand pages ago, and I'd be completely OK with a voluntary cut out of my masternode earnings going to some good cause. If nothing else, and even if a minor fraction of node ops opted in, it would be good PR.

First we need a Dark Foundation to be set up, with clearly stated goals and complete transparency. I think this is underway in a kind of back-burner fashion - there are more pressing matters right now for the devs, or as we one day address Them, The Developers. Wink

As Darkcoin progresses, and the core team grows, we'll have more scope and manpower for such things.

You should get talking to some of the good folk at darkcointalk.org - I think many there would be amenable to the gist of your message.

And our first Saint shall be Camosoul, praise his Dark heart. Wink
r-ando

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 09:52:07 PM

this series of manifestations of quantum mechanics that meld together through our consciousness and is becoming Darkcoin, to use this technology to become the salvation of the world.
Today a young man on acid realized that all Darkcoin is merely energy transacted to a slow vibration, that we are all one masternode mixing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as trolls, FUD is only a dream, and we are the anonymizers of ourselves. Here's Ape with the Weather.

Hahaha, good one my friend! I don't do drugs, but if drugs help you understand why computers, the internet and any others means of communication through space and time relate to quantum mechanics, well then I suggest that if you research quantum mechanics you do drugs. lol  

Example: If i make my grandchildren laugh through Skype from across the globe, I am interacting with them from a different place. Recordings? time and maybe place... Its as simple as I can think about right now... Thank you

What do you think about the idea of a World Darkcoin Foundation?

pbremen01

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 09:52:42 PM

Hello DarkCoin community,

do you have any updated whitepaper about DarkSend? I'm currently mostly interested in the way how the "master transactions" will look like. I'm currently not so much interested in the way how your mixers will actually create them.

Is this the right place to ask technical questions about how will DarkSend actually implement anonymity?

Thanks.

camosoul

Activity: 560

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2014, 10:08:00 PM

Because it is obvious that the devs are trying to fix the coin.
This phrase right here speaks worlds about what is wrong with the heads of people complaining in this thread. The coin is not broken. It hasn't even been finished yet...

RC == Release Candidate! Exactly how far do people have to screw their heads up their asses to think it would work when it's not even halfway finished? Version ZERO.10.10.2

How can it be broken when it hasn't even been made yet? Let me show you that version number again 0.10.10.2

Fuck people, you're trying to move into a house that hasn't been built yet and complaining that you get wet when it rains...

This rant is not really directed at the person I quoted. The off-handed choice of words demonstrataes just how commonplace it has become to have wildly irrational expectations. Not only is the paint not dry, there isn't even a wall to paint... Only a complete lunatic would expect it to be stable, usable, and adoptable when it's version 0.1. We don't even have a validated Alpha-RC yet! For fuck's sake, get a damn clue!

.OROCOIN.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
therightmintality

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 10:17:40 PM

Im kind of curious to know if the dev's trade around this info or halt their trading activity day of patches? It can be dangerous to play in these games when this is the case. I have no reason to believe but have the dev's assured anyone that they don't trade off the knowledge?

Kinda seems well played for those in the "know"

The next week will be telling.  If they fix this in the next week, it seems suspicious.  Run the Rev knowing its going to fork, buy at the low, then have a quick turn around fix after saying it was going to take 2-3 weeks...

The amended date for RC3 was going to be next week, it was brought forward.

Then this is suspicious... read the post above yours, there are now 20,000 orders, and 8,000 supply, price will probably go to 17 or 18 in the next few days and more after the Rev "fix".  It would be quite easy to manipulate the market if you knew what was going to happen.  To me it seemed like a simple fix for something that had been pre-"tested".   The market plummets, Dev and team buy between 13-14 and then fix it shortly after and sell for 18-19...

You're an idiot, and so is buy4crypto. If you were actively participating with testing and development, as all are welcome to, you might realise just how ridiculous your speculations are.

If this is such a great scam for the developers, it's also open to everyone else who's been paying attention and helping out the team.

Read your post...  You don't think you can be played, or that the dev team and the other 8 helping could have taken advantage of the other DRK holders.   It just seems suspicious that this was released, team said it would take 2-3 weeks, the next day it is only going to take a few days... in the mean time the price goes to 135 and then probably back to 17-18 in the next day or two....  Just the 2-3 weeks to fix statement could effectively be an opportunity for those in the know...
darianc

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 10:21:39 PM

Could someone clarify something for me regarding chaeplin's masternode procedure ?

(https://www.darkcointalk.org/threads/how-to-set-up-ec2-t1-micro-ubuntu-for-masternode-part-2-3.241/)

What is the point of downloading the github project and compiling (git clone https://github.com/darkcoinproject/darkcoin.git) when we can just download the binary (wget http://www.darkcoin.io/downloads/rc/darkcoind) straight into /usr/bin as with the update procedure ?

Thanks for any tips.

compiling to platform always gives the best performance.

once darksend is vetted and merged into the github project, compiling from source will be the standard procedure.

so, by getting the environment configured correctly, you're taking care of a future requirement now.
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 10:26:29 PM

compiling to platform always gives the best performance.

once darksend is vetted and merged into the github project, compiling from source will be the standard procedure.

so, by getting the environment configured correctly, you're taking care of a future requirement now.

ok, thanks. I thought it might be something like that.
r-ando

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 10:26:44 PM

The Dark Sermon (ongoing...)

I do not mock, I applaud your vision, but we need a realistic plan and to take things one step at a time. I think I suggested some kind of charitable donation out of the current fund wallet about a thousand pages ago, and I'd be completely OK with a voluntary cut out of my masternode earnings going to some good cause. If nothing else, and even if a minor fraction of node ops opted in, it would be good PR.

First we need a Dark Foundation to be set up, with clearly stated goals and complete transparency. I think this is underway in a kind of back-burner fashion - there are more pressing matters right now for the devs, or as we one day address Them, The Developers. Wink

As Darkcoin progresses, and the core team grows, we'll have more scope and manpower for such things.

You should get talking to some of the good folk at darkcointalk.org - I think many there would be amenable to the gist of your message.

And our first Saint shall be Camosoul, praise his Dark heart. Wink

Great my friend! Thanks for considering this idea and I agree of course that the developers have other things to do right now  Wink It would be unbelievable PR. I thought about the future generations idea today, I think its pretty wild. I'm not a charity guy although I support a couple, I'm a strategy guy but I like to make giving back a part of the plan, especially when it makes strategic sense to do so.

Slowly we would undermine the very power bases that are holding back ecash by undermining their control over perceived money and its value, that which gives them their greatest power.  I would voluntarily dedicate 1 full node at this moment to contribute to this strategy, for the good of Darkcoin and of everybody else. Hopefully someone can help my nodes up I'm still working on my Linux youtube classes hahaha and don't feel comfortable setting up something I don't understand but I'll figure it out in no time I'm sure...

I don't see this dedication should be a gift, It should be an investment in Darkcoin and would like to add that the ideal model would be a model where people dedicating nodes to the world project would be able to recover their nodes if needed or desired, or they could point their nodes at the foundation kind of like miners do with pools. What I was thinking, is that a small portion of what would go to the newborns of the world (the future generations which will make Darkcoin what it will become) from the master node profits could go to maintaining World Darkcoin headquarters in different cities around the world where the members of the foundation can work together, maintain a secure environment, a place for people to come for information, and also to serve as a club (something nice with dark leather couches and cognac please Smiley) for similar minded people and investors... Kind of like a VIP for those who choose to make everyone a VIP. BTW, did you hear the words tax deductions? I think I just heard them on the air...

I'll go check out darkcointalk.org, thank you for the suggestion.

r-ando

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 10:47:59 PM

Because it is obvious that the devs are trying to fix the coin.
This phrase right here speaks worlds about what is wrong with the heads of people complaining in this thread. The coin is not broken. It hasn't even been finished yet...

RC == Release Candidate! Exactly how far do people have to screw their heads up their asses to think it would work when it's not even halfway finished? Version ZERO.10.10.2

How can it be broken when it hasn't even been made yet? Let me show you that version number again 0.10.10.2

Fuck people, you're trying to move into a house that hasn't been built yet and complaining that you get wet when it rains...

This rant is not really directed at the person I quoted. The off-handed choice of words demonstrataes just how commonplace it has become to have wildly irrational expectations. Not only is the paint not dry, there isn't even a wall to paint... Only a complete lunatic would expect it to be stable, usable, and adoptable when it's version 0.1. We don't even have a validated Alpha-RC yet! For fuck's sake, get a damn clue!

I like the passion camosoul and you are entirely right

salmion

Activity: 560

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 10:52:11 PM

this series of manifestations of quantum mechanics that meld together through our consciousness and is becoming Darkcoin, to use this technology to become the salvation of the world.

This is some of the most amazing content the internet has ever amused me with. Thank you team amazing. Dark.
Pages: « 1 ... 1863 1864 1865 1866 1867 1868 1869 1870 1871 1872 1873 1874 1875 1876 1877 1878 1879 1880 1881 1882 1883 1884 1885 1886 1887 1888 1889 1890 1891 1892 1893 1894 1895 1896 1897 1898 1899 1900 1901 1902 1903 1904 1905 1906 1907 1908 1909 1910 1911 1912 [1913] 1914 1915 1916 1917 1918 1919 1920 1921 1922 1923 1924 1925 1926 1927 1928 1929 1930 1931 1932 1933 1934 1935 1936 1937 1938 1939 1940 1941 1942 1943 1944 1945 1946 1947 1948 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1954 1955 1956 1957 1958 1959 1960 1961 1962 1963 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: