Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:45:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1879 1880 1881 1882 1883 1884 1885 1886 1887 1888 1889 1890 1891 1892 1893 1894 1895 1896 1897 1898 1899 1900 1901 1902 1903 1904 1905 1906 1907 1908 1909 1910 1911 1912 1913 1914 1915 1916 1917 1918 1919 1920 1921 1922 1923 1924 1925 1926 1927 1928 [1929] 1930 1931 1932 1933 1934 1935 1936 1937 1938 1939 1940 1941 1942 1943 1944 1945 1946 1947 1948 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1954 1955 1956 1957 1958 1959 1960 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1974 1975 1976 1977 1978 1979 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722503 times)
GhostPlayer
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 04:05:00 PM

As a merchant and a soon to be exchange operator Monero's bloat problems are massive issues. If it ever reaches mass adoption I will have to dedicate extra hardware and bandwidth for their blockchain or resort to using a centralized blockchain which defeats a lot of the advantages in my opinion.

The bloat is caused by dust transactions, recently a upgrade was made for pools to stop dust transactions.

AKA problem is solved.

Even then, Ring Signature anonymity is Much much better than coinjoin/masternode anonymity..
How can you be so certain, considering Evan hasn't announced all the details on RC4? Monero also uses a lot of computer resources, and it's uncertain whether it can scale. It's a very new technology, so you'd have to be naive to say it's perfect. Monero won't be anywhere near complete for 6 months minimum. Likely closer to a year.

Are you being serious..?

RC3 failed 2 times, RC4 at this rate might not come out until November for all we know..Ring Signatures isnt new, it's been around for 2 years on the premined coin, Bytecoin... lol! However, what Evan is trying to do is Very new, and Darkcoin might be the one taking a year to have "anonymity" through the use of masternodes/coinjoin.
To each their own. If you can't see that Monero is FAR behind, I don't think you're technically literate.

You're not making any sense...

Darkcoin has yet to deliver anonymity...
Darkcoin's RC3 failed 2 times and forked..
Darkcoin's coinjoin isn't anonymous...

Monero already delivers anonymity

Who's technially illiterate now..?

You are.

Darkcoin is anonymous right here, right now. (just not masternode payments, which have zero to do with anonymity)
Darkcoin HAS FAILED 1x and forked, the second was not a fork, was a pull back from the Dev to avoid excessive orphaned blocks.
Darkcoin has base code shared with coinjoin, but is nothing to do with coinjoin. Get your facts straight

I do not know about Monero enough to talk about it, so I dont talk about it. See the difference here?

You should stop making a fool of yourself. Did you not listen to Julio just now?

Just in case you missed him

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Brilliantrocket

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 04:06:40 PM

Sigh..arguing with idiots. Litecoin was forked from Bitcoin making Dark's code 4-5 years old. Bytecoin had near 0 activity for 2 years. Bitcoin was actively being improved for those 4-5 years. So it isn't equivalent.

Again, you're plain old Lying.

Bytecoin was activiely mined for 2 years by those who knew about it, and has been improved upon since being released to the general public(go read the Bytecoin thread Please..) much more than Bitcoin and it's clones, and go check Bytecoin's blockchain yourself.

You said it yourself, Darkcoin's code is 4-5 years old, Monero's is only 2 years old, and it's codebase has since changed drastically in the last few weeks, while Darkcoin's has remained the same...
There's been several months of improvement by a small team. If you think that gives anywhere near the same result as hundreds of people contributing over 4+ years, you're delusional. The reason it changed drastically is because it was full of bugs and utterly incomplete. That's not exactly a positive.
darkota

Activity: 770

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 04:08:13 PM

As a merchant and a soon to be exchange operator Monero's bloat problems are massive issues. If it ever reaches mass adoption I will have to dedicate extra hardware and bandwidth for their blockchain or resort to using a centralized blockchain which defeats a lot of the advantages in my opinion.

The bloat is caused by dust transactions, recently a upgrade was made for pools to stop dust transactions.

AKA problem is solved.

Even then, Ring Signature anonymity is Much much better than coinjoin/masternode anonymity..
How can you be so certain, considering Evan hasn't announced all the details on RC4? Monero also uses a lot of computer resources, and it's uncertain whether it can scale. It's a very new technology, so you'd have to be naive to say it's perfect. Monero won't be anywhere near complete for 6 months minimum. Likely closer to a year.

Are you being serious..?

RC3 failed 2 times, RC4 at this rate might not come out until November for all we know..Ring Signatures isnt new, it's been around for 2 years on the premined coin, Bytecoin... lol! However, what Evan is trying to do is Very new, and Darkcoin might be the one taking a year to have "anonymity" through the use of masternodes/coinjoin.
To each their own. If you can't see that Monero is FAR behind, I don't think you're technically literate.

You're not making any sense...

Darkcoin has yet to deliver anonymity...
Darkcoin's RC3 failed 2 times and forked..
Darkcoin's coinjoin isn't anonymous...

Monero already delivers anonymity

Who's technially illiterate now..?

You are.

Darkcoin is anonymous right here, right now. (just not masternode payments, which have zero to do with anonymity)
Darkcoin HAS FAILED 1x and forked, the second was not a fork, was a pull back from the Dev to avoid excessive orphaned blocks.
Darkcoin has base code shared with coinjoin, but is nothing to do with coinjoin. Get your facts straight

I do not know about Monero enough to talk about it, so I dont talk about it. See the difference here?

You should stop making a fool of yourself. Did you not listen to Julio just now?

Just in case you missed him

Darkcoin has failed twice when trying to do masternode payments
Darkcoin's darksend is coinjoin and can be traced
Darkcoin's codebase is a clone of Litecoins

I'm done here, and you're clearly lying. This is sad on your part.
Brilliantrocket

Activity: 826

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 04:09:57 PM

Ignore the guy, his stupidity is its own punishment.
darkota

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 04:11:50 PM

Sigh..arguing with idiots. Litecoin was forked from Bitcoin making Dark's code 4-5 years old. Bytecoin had near 0 activity for 2 years. Bitcoin was actively being improved for those 4-5 years. So it isn't equivalent.

Bytecoin was activiely mined for 2 years by those who knew about it, and has been improved upon since being released to the general public(go read the Bytecoin thread Please..) much more than Bitcoin and it's clones, and go check Bytecoin's blockchain yourself.

You said it yourself, Darkcoin's code is 4-5 years old, Monero's is only 2 years old, and it's codebase has since changed drastically in the last few weeks, while Darkcoin's has remained the same...
There's been several months of improvement by a small team. If you think that gives anywhere near the same result as hundreds of people contributing over 4+ years, you're delusional. The reason it changed drastically is because it was full of bugs and utterly incomplete. That's not exactly a positive.

You do realize that both code's are similar, except that Cryptonote coins is much more advanced than Bitcoin's. They don't fall prey to 51% attacks where a double spending is possible, such as Bitcoin's ghash scare last week. They also offer full anonymity, unlike any Bitcoin clones(darkcoin etc)

If you're happy with Darkcoin having a 50% instamine and a non-anonymous coinjoin method, then...all I can say is goodluck.
chaeplin

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 04:15:00 PM

xc.. now mo??
stilgars

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 04:15:07 PM

You do realize that both code's are similar, except that Cryptonote coins is much more advanced than Bitcoin's. They don't fall prey to 51% attacks where a double spending is possible, such as Bitcoin's ghash scare last week. They also offer full anonymity, unlike any Bitcoin clones(darkcoin etc)

If you're happy with Darkcoin having a 50% instamine and a non-anonymous coinjoin method, then...all I can say is goodluck.

There 3 guys in the dev team now by the way.
I think everyone took good note of your dislike of darkcoin by now, you could move trying to reanimate the monero thread, thanks.

Words of Wisdom
 "I'd like to thank eduffield and the other developers for this critically important evolution in virtual currency. DarkCoin is what bitcoin should have been. Some might call it "Bitcoin 2.0" but would do better by saying: "DarkCoin is digital cash." - Child Harold - February 28, 2014
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg5424980#msg5424980
BrainShutdown
Legendary

Activity: 1052
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 04:16:22 PM

darkota

Trust: 0: -0 / +0(0)
Unignore

Re: [ANN][DRK] DarkCoin | First Anonymous Coin | First X11 | First DGW | ASIC Resistant
Today at 04:08:13 PM
Show/Hide
This user is currently ignored.

Bye  Grin

GhostPlayer
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 04:18:31 PM

It is actually quite a compliment to DRK to have so many FUDsters around. Anyone with half a brain will realize the merit of having so many trolls.

btw...

darkota

Trust: 0: -0 / +0(0)
Unignore

Re: [ANN][DRK] DarkCoin | First Anonymous Coin | First X11 | First DGW | ASIC Resistant
Today at 04:08:13 PM
Show/Hide
This user is currently ignored.
ddink7
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 04:23:29 PM

I'm telling y'all, a well-curated ignore list is the best. Pages and pages of "This user is currently ignored." Makes it so much easier to find the relevant stuff!

Dash - Digital Cash
https://www.dash.org/
minersday

Activity: 1484
Merit: 535

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 04:27:33 PM

Summer has come, the trolls are here!  Cheesy
salmion

Activity: 560

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 04:38:10 PM

BUMP
Minotaur26
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 05:00:53 PM

What applications do you think would be good for Darkcoin?

I was thinking Darkcoin would be great for online auctions of speciality products like high end coffee for example.  Geisha coffee can reach up to 350 USD/lb  we could market to coffee growers associations, etc.  This is just one example, I cant wait for the release of RC4 that is when the community can really show its strength by going out and promoting adoption in market segments that are currently outside the reach of any crypto-currency even Bitcoin, specially in B2B applications where anonymity in transactions is indispensable to protect competitive information. I advise people not to underestimate the power of this community there is really good organization and volunteer efforts happening over at Darkcointalk.org.  I feel we are right now in some sort of forced hiatus with regards to promotion until RC3 is implemented and really after the 10 DRK limit is raised we are going to start educating people and promoting adoption in a very professional way.  Do you have ideas about other applications we should include in our promotion efforts?
salmion

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 05:09:39 PM

What applications do you think would be good for Darkcoin?

I was thinking Darkcoin would be great for online auctions of speciality products like high end coffee for example.  Geisha coffee can reach up to 350 USD/lb  we could market to coffee growers associations, etc.  This is just one example, I cant wait for the release of RC4 that is when the community can really show its strength by going out and promoting adoption in market segments that are currently outside the reach of any crypto-currency even Bitcoin, specially in B2B applications where anonymity in transactions is indispensable to protect competitive information. I advise people not to underestimate the power of this community there is really good organization and volunteer efforts happening over at Darkcointalk.org.  I feel we are right now in some sort of forced hiatus with regards to promotion until RC3 is implemented and really after the 10 DRK limit is raised we are going to start educating people and promoting adoption in a very professional way.  Do you have ideas about other applications we should include in our promotion efforts?

https://darkbids.com

Get friends who are curious about cryptos/DRK to sell stuff.. spread the word and help them get DRK without the scary buying btc process.
HinnomTX

Activity: 525

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 05:09:54 PM

I like DRK, XMR, and NXT. I also like to root for underdogs of underdogs, so I have a small bet on Boolberry (BBR). They have aliases for the long cryptonote addresses, as well as a GUI. They're still young, with a small coin count. Also, they're not listed on coinmarketcap yet so they are flying under the radar. Check them out when you get a moment.  

I have, but there is a Huge Huge problem with Boolberry. That's because they use the aglorithm Wild Keccak instead of Cryptonote. There is a private gpu miner for Wild Keccak, as users have been getting on average, 7,000 boolberry per day using the private gpu miner...I recently saw a 80,000 boolberry sell on Poloniex also..

AKA

Boolberry has been extremely instamined, most likely more than 50%.
This isn't a reason not to invest. All CPU-targeted coins like XMR are mined with huge botnets. That's every bit as ugly as private GPU mining.
Private mining software is what it is. I'm quite sure DRK was mined with private GPU software before public release. And, as we've now learned, the earliest versions of sph-sgminer weren't very efficient at X11. Who knows how long a more optimized version was being used privately? I will never attack someone for being clever enough to build their own mining software to gain an edge. That's part of what drives the cryptocurrency economy. BBR is still very young, and there's plenty of opportunity for someone to write a GPU implementation of wild keccak to steal back the private miner's edge.

"One can only solve so much with cryptography. The rest of the solution will prove to be economic in nature." -Evan Duffield
Dash is Digital Cash.  https://www.dash.org
darkota

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 05:12:34 PM

I like DRK, XMR, and NXT. I also like to root for underdogs of underdogs, so I have a small bet on Boolberry (BBR). They have aliases for the long cryptonote addresses, as well as a GUI. They're still young, with a small coin count. Also, they're not listed on coinmarketcap yet so they are flying under the radar. Check them out when you get a moment.  

I have, but there is a Huge Huge problem with Boolberry. That's because they use the aglorithm Wild Keccak instead of Cryptonote. There is a private gpu miner for Wild Keccak, as users have been getting on average, 7,000 boolberry per day using the private gpu miner...I recently saw a 80,000 boolberry sell on Poloniex also..

AKA

Boolberry has been extremely instamined, most likely more than 50%.
This isn't a reason not to invest. All CPU-targeted coins like XMR are mined with huge botnets. That's every bit as ugly as private GPU mining.
Private mining software is what it is. I'm quite sure DRK was mined with private GPU software before public release. And, as we've now learned, the earliest versions of sph-sgminer weren't very efficient at X11. Who knows how long a more optimized version was being used privately? I will never attack someone for being clever enough to build their own mining software to gain an edge. That's part of what drives the cryptocurrency economy. BBR is still very young, and there's plenty of opportunity for someone to write a GPU implementation of wild keccak to steal back the private miner's edge.

Are you kidding me? You can't compare to Darkcoin's 50% instamine

Not to mention, Monero has a Open Source Gpu Miner, so you and your friends can mine with your GPU if you like.

Boolberry has a private gpu miner, which earns it's user 7,000 Boolberry a day on average AND it has Botnets.
I'm 100% sure Boolberry has a instamine worse than Darkcoin's 50%, probably a 60-70% instamine for Boolberry.
Even if the private gpu miner issue was fixed(it never will be since it's a private miner), a countless amount of Boolberry would have already been mined and in the hands of just a few people.

7,000 Boolberry mined by 1 person per day using the private gpu miner is around 15 Bitcoin per day for that person. I saw a 80,000 Boolberry sell order on Poloniex two days ago..
sin242

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 05:16:15 PM

blah blah blah, i'm a dumb whore

I thought you were leaving....

Dark:  Xk9BoVerBd41JCjWQEhnxoowP7YNUK439z
BTC:  1JzPN2h8WGSi7kQeY5wuP4PjVD2hxkHJQM
salmion

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 05:20:07 PM

shouty boring butthurt fud.

For anyone who'd like to read about Darkcoin including answers to most of the fud you hear against it read this at your leisure:
http://wiki.darkcoin.eu/wiki/FAQ
GhostPlayer
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 05:24:04 PM

blah blah blah, i'm a dumb whore

I thought you were leaving....

Its also a good idea to not quote trolls. Quote them, but please do us the pleasantry of removing the text Wink
stilgars

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 05:31:55 PM

DarkCoin is now better distributed than most coins - specially shitcoins copycats - you are just an embarrassment for yourself  darkota
Just leave

Words of Wisdom
 "I'd like to thank eduffield and the other developers for this critically important evolution in virtual currency. DarkCoin is what bitcoin should have been. Some might call it "Bitcoin 2.0" but would do better by saying: "DarkCoin is digital cash." - Child Harold - February 28, 2014
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg5424980#msg5424980
Pages: « 1 ... 1879 1880 1881 1882 1883 1884 1885 1886 1887 1888 1889 1890 1891 1892 1893 1894 1895 1896 1897 1898 1899 1900 1901 1902 1903 1904 1905 1906 1907 1908 1909 1910 1911 1912 1913 1914 1915 1916 1917 1918 1919 1920 1921 1922 1923 1924 1925 1926 1927 1928 [1929] 1930 1931 1932 1933 1934 1935 1936 1937 1938 1939 1940 1941 1942 1943 1944 1945 1946 1947 1948 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1954 1955 1956 1957 1958 1959 1960 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1974 1975 1976 1977 1978 1979 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: