Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:14:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1878 1879 1880 1881 1882 1883 1884 1885 1886 1887 1888 1889 1890 1891 1892 1893 1894 1895 1896 1897 1898 1899 1900 1901 1902 1903 1904 1905 1906 1907 1908 1909 1910 1911 1912 1913 1914 1915 1916 1917 1918 1919 1920 1921 1922 1923 1924 1925 1926 1927 [1928] 1929 1930 1931 1932 1933 1934 1935 1936 1937 1938 1939 1940 1941 1942 1943 1944 1945 1946 1947 1948 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1954 1955 1956 1957 1958 1959 1960 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1974 1975 1976 1977 1978 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722503 times)
Bitcycle

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 03:29:55 PM

Is there a list of team members for this coin?  Or is it just Evan?

And could we get the first post edited to list them all?

There's been enough of this random anonymous team crap with all these fly by night coins. The way to fight it is to use your strengths, and real people being behind this coin is a strength.

Thanks!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
psjbeisler

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2014, 03:30:57 PM

There's been enough of this random anonymous team crap with all these fly by night coins. The way to fight it is to use your strengths, and real people being behind this coin is a strength.

Thanks!

bump?

Donations: 1N6iADU4xrQRGaxjTY9PcJKkEQDRkBVUC3
Brilliantrocket

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 03:31:01 PM

As a merchant and a soon to be exchange operator Monero's bloat problems are massive issues. If it ever reaches mass adoption I will have to dedicate extra hardware and bandwidth for their blockchain or resort to using a centralized blockchain which defeats a lot of the advantages in my opinion.

The bloat is caused by dust transactions, recently a upgrade was made for pools to stop dust transactions.

AKA problem is solved.

Even then, Ring Signature anonymity is Much much better than coinjoin/masternode anonymity..
How can you be so certain, considering Evan hasn't announced all the details on RC4? Monero also uses a lot of computer resources, and it's uncertain whether it can scale. It's a very new technology, so you'd have to be naive to say it's perfect. Monero won't be anywhere near complete for 6 months minimum. Likely closer to a year.
thefrog

Activity: 393

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 03:32:55 PM

I am not saying that no one should mine. Just questioning how to motivate miners. MN owners are motivated by the 20% / block value taken from the miners. So miners get 20% less with MN payments on. That is a fact.
And the question to mine or not to mine - lets say you can rent out your mining power for 0.001 BTC / Mhs. Lets assume you have 200 Mhs on hand. Makes 0.2 BTC/day. With current price 0.0165 its aproximately 12 DRK/day. Which is almost double what you would get while mining directly.

And yes, I mine DRK, but my primary goal is to get as much DRK/day as possible, with the expectation of price rise.

You know what... now that I think about it.... go ahead. Everybody buy more and more masternodes... who cares. Invest your life savings in DRK, why not.
You will play into the feedback loop that will make mining more profitable evertime you take 1000 DRK off the market.

So please, just do as you wish, lol ...  Grin

Not running any master node myself. And yes, I could if I wanted. Multiple.

big penis

Not really, but she does not complain Smiley
darkota

Activity: 770

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 03:36:43 PM

As a merchant and a soon to be exchange operator Monero's bloat problems are massive issues. If it ever reaches mass adoption I will have to dedicate extra hardware and bandwidth for their blockchain or resort to using a centralized blockchain which defeats a lot of the advantages in my opinion.

The bloat is caused by dust transactions, recently a upgrade was made for pools to stop dust transactions.

AKA problem is solved.

Even then, Ring Signature anonymity is Much much better than coinjoin/masternode anonymity..
How can you be so certain, considering Evan hasn't announced all the details on RC4? Monero also uses a lot of computer resources, and it's uncertain whether it can scale. It's a very new technology, so you'd have to be naive to say it's perfect. Monero won't be anywhere near complete for 6 months minimum. Likely closer to a year.

Are you being serious..?

RC3 failed 2 times, RC4 at this rate might not come out until November for all we know..Ring Signatures isnt new, it's been around for 2 years on the premined coin, Bytecoin... lol! However, what Evan is trying to do is Very new, and Darkcoin might be the one taking a year to have "anonymity" through the use of masternodes/coinjoin.
florida.haunted

Activity: 241
Merit: 125

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 03:37:29 PM

Evan (Duffield) can not even implement obsolete coinjoin/masternode anonymity, while Monero has modern ring-signatures based solution.
Also Monero is resistant against double-spending, even in case 51% attack.
ddink7
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 03:37:31 PM

AKA problem is solved.

Assuming you can prove that the initial keys were destroyed. I'm sure they were, but being "sure" of something isn't going to be enough after a certain market cap is reached.

RC4 is bound to be very exciting as we get our anonymity upgrades.

Dash - Digital Cash
https://www.dash.org/
mahowi

Activity: 142
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 03:37:50 PM

Thanks!

Other developers besides Evan are DRKLord and CHAOSiTEC since RC3. (https://www.darkcointalk.org/threads/6-20-rc3-post-mortem.1463/)

Quote from: eduffield, post: 9212, member: 104
Masternode Forking Issues

[...]

New Developers

We are happy to announce the addition of two developers to the Darkcoin team. David (DRKLord) and Fabian (CHAOSiTEC).

DRKLord brings about 10 years of experience with C, C++, x84/64 ASM and many other skills to the team.

CHAOSiTEC is a long time Darkcoin supporter with extensive knowledge of cryptocurrency and programming.

We’re really excited that a core team is coming together and we’re look forward to seeing what we can accomplish.

DRK: Xeojbw5gDNtvCbUK7VXaDqfyNU29ahqavB
BTC: 1K5hJ1wiRJ9mAWwn9pLzjst18jTa1benHT
LTC: LiUgyndo4sibahGEyuw8ymphciaq7tbS9a
ddink7
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 03:38:44 PM

I am not saying that no one should mine. Just questioning how to motivate miners. MN owners are motivated by the 20% / block value taken from the miners. So miners get 20% less with MN payments on. That is a fact.
And the question to mine or not to mine - lets say you can rent out your mining power for 0.001 BTC / Mhs. Lets assume you have 200 Mhs on hand. Makes 0.2 BTC/day. With current price 0.0165 its aproximately 12 DRK/day. Which is almost double what you would get while mining directly.

And yes, I mine DRK, but my primary goal is to get as much DRK/day as possible, with the expectation of price rise.

You know what... now that I think about it.... go ahead. Everybody buy more and more masternodes... who cares. Invest your life savings in DRK, why not.
You will play into the feedback loop that will make mining more profitable evertime you take 1000 DRK off the market.

big penis

^ Best post on the internet. Ever.

Dash - Digital Cash
https://www.dash.org/
GhostPlayer
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 03:41:55 PM

AKA problem is solved.

Are you being serious..?

RC3 failed 2 times, RC4 at this rate might not come out until November for all we know..Ring Signatures isnt new, it's been around for 2 years on the premined coin, Bytecoin... lol! However, what Evan is trying to do is Very new, and Darkcoin might be the one taking a year to have "anonymity" through the use of masternodes/coinjoin.

blajde

Activity: 364

Pre-sale - March 18

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 03:42:02 PM

big penis

^ Best post on the internet. Ever.

Brilliantrocket

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 03:45:02 PM

AKA problem is solved.

Are you being serious..?

To each their own. If you can't see that Monero is FAR behind, I don't think you're technically literate. Also during the 2 years you are referring to, there was little development going on. So it may be 2 years old, but serious improvement only started 2 months ago. So Monero/Bytecoin are far newer and poorly tested.
darkota

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 03:48:35 PM

AKA problem is solved.

Are you being serious..?

To each their own. If you can't see that Monero is FAR behind, I don't think you're technically literate.

You're not making any sense...

Darkcoin has yet to deliver anonymity...
Darkcoin's RC3 failed 2 times and forked..
Darkcoin's coinjoin isn't anonymous...

Monero already delivers anonymity

Who's technially illiterate now..?
Brilliantrocket

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 03:50:22 PM

AKA problem is solved.

Are you being serious..?

To each their own. If you can't see that Monero is FAR behind, I don't think you're technically literate.

I'm not talking about anonymity. Monero's codebase is 4 years behind Darkcoin.
darkota

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 03:55:21 PM

You're only making yourself look bad Brilliantrocket. LOL, now you're plain old lying..
darkota

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 03:55:55 PM

AKA problem is solved.

Are you being serious..?

I'm not talking about anonymity. Monero's codebase is 4 years behind Darkcoin.
So now you're randomly pulling numbers/plain old lying..

Darkcoin is originally a clone of Litecoin in case you didnt know that. Litecoins code base is 3 years old. Moneros codebase is originally from Bytecoin's which was made at the end of 2012.
If you actually know what you're doing, you'd see that Monero's developers changed the code quite a bit, so that it differs greatly from Bytecoin's now.

Darkcoin's codebase however, is relatively the same..making it 3 years behind Monero's...

Stop sprouting random lies please. It only makes it worse.
T.Stuart

Activity: 644

One Token to Move Anything Anywhere

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 03:56:59 PM

For those who believe in the magic of TA, I don't know if you have noticed but after the last few days shenanigans the 3 day candle documenting the crash turned into a giant green doji - a doji is generally considered to be a sign of trend reversal.

The last few days also did no more than to extend the bullish pennant.

Taking into consideration where we are, if the developers manage to make overall successful gains as they implement masternode payments, and then RC4, I would say that the downwards trend since 25 May - the first major drk bubble pop - is over and the trend is now up for at least 2 months (using the longer-term charts).

In my books a doji is indecision in the market. The market needs more information and developer action for it to react in price levels. We are not out of the woods yet.

Can mean either depending on the perspective. In my opinion given the fact that the implementation of RC3 had another problem a much bigger drop could have been expected, but the price held up relatively well and the doji formed. In this case I think it means the selling pressure following the crash in May is becoming really exhausted.

███████████████▄▄▄                     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄                     ▄█████▀
████████████████████▄                ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄                 ▄█████▀
              ▀▀█████▄             ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄             ▄█████▀
                 █████▌          ▄█████▀ ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄         ▄█████▀
                 ▐█████        ▄█████▀     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▄█████▀
                 █████▌      ▄█████▀         ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
              ▄▄█████▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████████▀
████████████████████▀    ▄█████▀     ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▀
███████████████▀▀▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█▀
                                    ▀███████▀
                                      ▀███▀
                                        ▀
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
.◆ ◆ ◆ ONE TOKEN TO MOVE ANYTHING ANYWHERE ◆ ◆ ◆.
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
Brilliantrocket

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 03:57:49 PM

Sigh..arguing with idiots. Litecoin was forked from Bitcoin making Dark's code 4-5 years old. Bytecoin had near 0 activity for 2 years. Bitcoin was actively being improved for those 4-5 years. So it isn't equivalent. Monero/Bytecoin is insanely far behind in terms of the stability and integrity of its code. If you refuse to see that, you're a moron or a troll. In your case, both.
darkota

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 04:00:02 PM

Sigh..arguing with idiots. Litecoin was forked from Bitcoin making Dark's code 4-5 years old. Bytecoin had near 0 activity for 2 years. Bitcoin was actively being improved for those 4-5 years. So it isn't equivalent.

Again, you're plain old Lying.It's actually funny to see all the lies you've said in trying to further your losing argument.

Bytecoin was activiely mined for 2 years by those who knew about it, and has been improved upon since being released to the general public(go read the Bytecoin thread Please..) much more than Bitcoin and it's clones, and go check Bytecoin's blockchain yourself.

You said it yourself, Darkcoin's code is 4-5 years old, Monero's is only 2 years old, and it's codebase has since changed drastically in the last few weeks, while Darkcoin's has remained the same...
stilgars

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 04:00:49 PM

AKA problem is solved.

Are you being serious..?

Anyway, discussing potential technical merits is of very little interest, fact is, DRK is making the news ( good or bad  Tongue ), not Monero. The masternodes technology is perhaps not the best in terms of anonymity, but it does bring unique features and rewards to investors, bringing goodwill to the coin.

Words of Wisdom
 "I'd like to thank eduffield and the other developers for this critically important evolution in virtual currency. DarkCoin is what bitcoin should have been. Some might call it "Bitcoin 2.0" but would do better by saying: "DarkCoin is digital cash." - Child Harold - February 28, 2014
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg5424980#msg5424980
Pages: « 1 ... 1878 1879 1880 1881 1882 1883 1884 1885 1886 1887 1888 1889 1890 1891 1892 1893 1894 1895 1896 1897 1898 1899 1900 1901 1902 1903 1904 1905 1906 1907 1908 1909 1910 1911 1912 1913 1914 1915 1916 1917 1918 1919 1920 1921 1922 1923 1924 1925 1926 1927 [1928] 1929 1930 1931 1932 1933 1934 1935 1936 1937 1938 1939 1940 1941 1942 1943 1944 1945 1946 1947 1948 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1954 1955 1956 1957 1958 1959 1960 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1974 1975 1976 1977 1978 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: