Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 02:59:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1845 1846 1847 1848 1849 1850 1851 1852 1853 1854 1855 1856 1857 1858 1859 1860 1861 1862 1863 1864 1865 1866 1867 1868 1869 1870 1871 1872 1873 1874 1875 1876 1877 1878 1879 1880 1881 1882 1883 1884 1885 1886 1887 1888 1889 1890 1891 1892 1893 1894 [1895] 1896 1897 1898 1899 1900 1901 1902 1903 1904 1905 1906 1907 1908 1909 1910 1911 1912 1913 1914 1915 1916 1917 1918 1919 1920 1921 1922 1923 1924 1925 1926 1927 1928 1929 1930 1931 1932 1933 1934 1935 1936 1937 1938 1939 1940 1941 1942 1943 1944 1945 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722502 times)
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 09:45:33 PM

We've got a forum moderator on the troll farm... Any reasonable rebuttal to trolls is being deleted. Raging flame BS is left to stand. Moderator clearly in on the troll action.

Once the moderators become trolls, a forum has lost it's use.

so this gets deleted?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
camosoul

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2014, 09:46:46 PM

We've got a forum moderator on the troll farm... Any reasonable rebuttal to trolls is being deleted. Raging flame BS is left to stand. Moderator clearly in on the troll action.

so this gets deleted?
Probably not. The point is to censor for an agenda. Censoring this would make it obvious.

.OROCOIN.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
CHAOSiTEC
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 09:47:24 PM

<@CHAOSiTEC> so, today we gained alot of wisdom, and we are working on a new way to implement masternode payments, that will work... (my idea) :-p
and a bit later...
<@CHAOSiTEC> ive come up with a new solution for masternodes payment, we are working on that now

New dev on the job helping Evan, no ETA was given.

waou ... I thought the current RC3 solution has been extensively tested for weeks on testnet, and suddenly, after two hours following another botched, evan realizes that he needs more development for yet ANOTHER solution AND additional support?

the main net HAS to be stable, we cannot have side forks poping up here and there for longer than 1 block (i.e. orphant blocks) period anything else = unstable network. no solution can be garantied as several things can go wrong, there has been more work on darkcoin than 99% of all altcoins out there, we want things to be perfect, with no risk to the network, nor your money.

not everything can be tested to perfection in limited testnet scenarios, remember those games you used to play, having strange bugs here and there, those games where playtested for hours and hours, but some stuff can slip through...

I won't qualify myself as an absolute expert, but in 2013 even bitcoin, in a perfect normal and stable context, had a concurrent blockchain for many blocks - that naturally got orphaned and was then abandoned. And as you mentioned, in 4 weeks testing, devs could miss things - after only one hour, how could evan determine that the not-so-surprising forks won't get naturally orphaned? The main code just branched out, for christ sake.

they did, but orphants have to happen descently fast, not keep running for several blocks

node-vps.com - Tron / Masternode hosting services
thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 09:47:38 PM

Yep, every time I report a post, one or two of my own posts get deleted. Luckily I have an endless appetite for clouting fools upside their stoopid.  Grin
Mwalshe89

Activity: 233
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 09:48:57 PM

so this gets deleted?
Probably not. The point is to censor for an agenda. Censoring this would make it obvious.

Ever thought your reasonable rebuttals are just plain wrong?

And this flaming BS you speak of is actually the truth?

Realisation moment incoming.
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2014, 09:50:23 PM

Yep, every time I report a post, one or two of my own posts get deleted. Luckily I have an endless appetite for clouting fools upside their stoopid.  Grin
Only two of mine have gone missing. And they were deleted for being quotes of the original messages that were removed. Moderators are trolling against DRK by removing useful rebuttals and leaving ridiculous crap visible. I've posted plenty of messages that should rightly have been removed, but have not been... I should know, eh? ;-)

BCT has taken the last step to being a complete waste of bandwidth.

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
stilgars

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 09:52:37 PM

<@CHAOSiTEC> so, today we gained alot of wisdom, and we are working on a new way to implement masternode payments, that will work... (my idea) :-p
and a bit later...
<@CHAOSiTEC> ive come up with a new solution for masternodes payment, we are working on that now

waou ... I thought the current RC3 solution has been extensively tested for weeks on testnet, and suddenly, after two hours following another botched, evan realizes that he needs more development for yet ANOTHER solution AND additional support?

the main net HAS to be stable, we cannot have side forks poping up here and there for longer than 1 block (i.e. orphant blocks) period anything else = unstable network. no solution can be garantied as several things can go wrong, there has been more work on darkcoin than 99% of all altcoins out there, we want things to be perfect, with no risk to the network, nor your money.

not everything can be tested to perfection in limited testnet scenarios, remember those games you used to play, having strange bugs here and there, those games where playtested for hours and hours, but some stuff can slip through...

I won't qualify myself as an absolute expert, but in 2013 even bitcoin, in a perfect normal and stable context, had a concurrent blockchain for many blocks - that naturally got orphaned and was then abandoned. And as you mentioned, in 4 weeks testing, devs could miss things - after only one hour, how could evan determine that the not-so-surprising forks won't get naturally orphaned? The main code just branched out, for christ sake.

they did, but orphants have to happen descently fast, not keep running for several blocks

I still don't get how evan could make this revert-decision based on a non-stabilized environment with massive entropy, just one hour after a hard fork. I mean, you devs did expect orphans and concurrent blocks after a hard fork, dint't you?

Words of Wisdom
 "I'd like to thank eduffield and the other developers for this critically important evolution in virtual currency. DarkCoin is what bitcoin should have been. Some might call it "Bitcoin 2.0" but would do better by saying: "DarkCoin is digital cash." - Child Harold - February 28, 2014
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg5424980#msg5424980
ymer

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 09:53:07 PM

This post describes (dick)holders perfectly.
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2014, 09:53:20 PM

and a bit later...

Yes, there were too many bad actors stacking on the orphans. But they got pruned. If they didn't get in touch with a valid client for several blocks the prune didn't get a chance. But it did prove the prune was working.

A deliberate and correct fork may be impossible... Not trying to troll, but if people won't update the old clients this will never stop happening. at the time of RC3 hitting, there were still over 1/4 bad actors on the network. This made lag by allowing incorrect version numbers to stack by talking only amongst themselves and keeping the pruner from hitting it.

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
kurzwell

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 09:53:47 PM

Days like this make me appreciate all the more what Satoshi was able to accomplish.  His software wasn't perfect and was tweaked numerous times before people started to pay attention, but he was able to implement some important new technologies successfully.  He did have the big advantage that he had a very small audience looking over his shoulder as he got it working right and they were generally supportive.
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2014, 09:54:12 PM

I still don't get how evan could make this revert-decision based on a non-stabilized environment with massive entropy, just one hour after a hard fork. I mean, you devs did expect orphans and concurrent blocks after a hard fork, dint't you?
I'm a bit concerned. This is why.

I'm binge-watching The Walking Dead until the dust settles.

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
DyslexicZombei

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 09:55:32 PM

I think you're right, the network seemed to be sorting itself out, but maybe Evan spotted something we didn't? I've noticed a minute or two of lag both locally and on my masternodes before, they all always catch up, no forks, no problems.

Also, in case anyone hasn't figured out how to update and restart their masternodes with the newfangled cold/remote setup, here is what worked for me:

On remote:

darkcoind stop
mv darkcoind darkcoind-old-version-number
wget http://www.darkcoin.io/downloads/rc/darkcoind
chmod 755 darkcoind
darkcoind

...wait for it to sync up if needed

On local:

Stop local client if running
Edit your darkcoin.conf and put back in:
masternode=1
masternodeprivkey=your-priv-key-for-that-masternode
masternodeaddr=x.x.x.x:9999

Rename your copy wallet for that masternode back to wallet.dat and fire up the local client or daemon
Wait for it to sync up if needed, then
masternode start 'your-wallet-passphrase'

- you should get 'masternode started sucessfully' and you can now take the local wallet offline again, your masternode should appear at http://drk.poolhash.org/masternode.html within a minute or two.

This. +1000

Thank you for offering your solution in a thread that's supposed to be about DRK and not a pissing match between coins. I'm having problems with finding good instructions on upgrading from RC2 to 3 and implementing cold wallet storage.

I also couldn't implement the final command to start payments from the local wallet with coins in the local cold wallet. On the other 3 nodes I was setting up last night, I kept getting a local qt console error that the masternodes variable needed to be set to 1 in the conf file...of which, it was set correctly in both conf files. Configs looked good and matched 100% on both ends.

I just paused my set up of community owned MasterNodes until the situation with RC3 sorts itself out.

Simcom: BTW, I def. saw some strong evidence of sideforking last night. My biz partner sent me 250DRK last night to top out our fifth community owned node and it just never arrived (he was using .9x I was using .10x). I'm assuming this transaction was orphaned since it never arrived (and I *think* it never left his wallet).
CHAOSiTEC
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 09:56:10 PM

and a bit later...

Yes, there were too many bad actors stacking on the orphans. But they got pruned. If they didn't get in touch with a valid client for several blocks the prune didn't get a chance. But it did prove the prune was working.

A deliberate and correct fork may be impossible... Not trying to troll, but if people won't update the old clients this will never stop happening. at the time of RC3 hitting, there were still over 1/4 bad actors on the network. This made lag by allowing incorrect version numbers to stack by talking only amongst themselves and keeping the pruner from hitting it.

better handling of non updated clients are also being looked at

node-vps.com - Tron / Masternode hosting services
ymer

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 09:56:28 PM

Days like this make me appreciate all the more what Satoshi was able to accomplish.  His software wasn't perfect and was tweaked numerous times before people started to pay attention, but he was able to implement some important new technologies successfully.  He did have the big advantage that he had a very small audience looking over his shoulder as he got it working right and they were generally supportive.

Please don't even compare edufield to Satoshi, the DRK developer can't even make a working change to his coin without breaking the whole darkcoin network and promising to fix it the next month... and then the next month...
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 09:58:24 PM

and a bit later...

better handling of non updated clients are also being looked at

treat them like stupid anti-virus users. just auto-update
kurzwell

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 10:01:41 PM

Please don't even compare edufield to Satoshi, the DRK developer can't even make a working change to his coin without breaking the whole darkcoin network and promising to fix it the next month... and then the next month...

You read too much into my comment.  I never claimed edufield was Satoshi.  Just commenting that implementing new technologies can be difficult and it is impressive that Satoshi got so much right.
ymer

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 10:03:18 PM

You read too much into my comment.  I never claimed edufield was Satoshi.  Just commenting that implementing new technologies can be difficult and it is impressive that Satoshi got so much right.

Yea I misread that a bit.

Well there's one thing that edufield can do better than anyone else, and that is to mistakenly make 10x reward with a broken difficulty re-adjustment and mine 50% of the coins in circulation in the first hours of launch and get away with it  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
stilgars

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 10:03:27 PM

But at the same time, satoshi could several, perhaps a whole team of people.
I mean, I can't believe all of this was done silently by one rogue crypto-specialist.

Words of Wisdom
 "I'd like to thank eduffield and the other developers for this critically important evolution in virtual currency. DarkCoin is what bitcoin should have been. Some might call it "Bitcoin 2.0" but would do better by saying: "DarkCoin is digital cash." - Child Harold - February 28, 2014
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg5424980#msg5424980
dewdeded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1011

Monero Evangelist

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 10:04:02 PM

coins101: Your last was very informative. Plz post moar!!!111
georgem
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2014, 10:04:47 PM

I had to create a meme to process what happened today:

Hope it makes someone smile.

Pages: « 1 ... 1845 1846 1847 1848 1849 1850 1851 1852 1853 1854 1855 1856 1857 1858 1859 1860 1861 1862 1863 1864 1865 1866 1867 1868 1869 1870 1871 1872 1873 1874 1875 1876 1877 1878 1879 1880 1881 1882 1883 1884 1885 1886 1887 1888 1889 1890 1891 1892 1893 1894 [1895] 1896 1897 1898 1899 1900 1901 1902 1903 1904 1905 1906 1907 1908 1909 1910 1911 1912 1913 1914 1915 1916 1917 1918 1919 1920 1921 1922 1923 1924 1925 1926 1927 1928 1929 1930 1931 1932 1933 1934 1935 1936 1937 1938 1939 1940 1941 1942 1943 1944 1945 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: