Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:42:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 3293 3294 3295 3296 3297 3298 3299 3300 3301 3302 3303 3304 3305 3306 3307 3308 3309 3310 3311 3312 3313 3314 3315 3316 3317 3318 3319 3320 3321 3322 3323 3324 3325 3326 3327 3328 3329 3330 3331 3332 3333 3334 3335 3336 3337 3338 3339 3340 3341 3342 [3343] 3344 3345 3346 3347 3348 3349 3350 3351 3352 3353 3354 3355 3356 3357 3358 3359 3360 3361 3362 3363 3364 3365 3366 3367 3368 3369 3370 3371 3372 3373 3374 3375 3376 3377 3378 3379 3380 3381 3382 3383 3384 3385 3386 3387 3388 3389 3390 3391 3392 3393 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722508 times)
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 08:11:44 PM

I completely agree and I'm not disputing that.

But i disagree with the whole "This is crypto"
Darkcoin is tech. Useful tech tends to be used. If dark is used the price will rise.

Its more risk than a gamble, investing in crypto is a risk. That risk can be managed with a bit of research.

Darkcoin has better tech than most coins and is still in the dumps. The notion that even Dogecoin has 5x daily volume and 3x market cap is rather bewildering to me.

Honestly I would absolutely love DRK to be $100. Would be the easiest money I've ever made and prove that people want to adopt an anonymous currency and take privacy seriously. Every indicator however for the last 6 months has shown the opposite.

Right now I have absolutely zero clue where cryptocurrency is going. Bitcoin has one major advantage in that it has a fuck ton of investment going on to create mass adoption. No other coin has that.

Either way I'm still holding both

Since we are talking about gambling and betting -

if you have zero clue where it's going, then your assessment is that it's 50% - 50% whether it's going to be a success or not. If we assume the price will be $0 in case the success doesn't come, the price would only have to reach $3.44 in case it does to make your bet even money.

You can adjust the percentages according to your view and see if the "bet" is still +EV or not, for example, if you think there's 10% chance of success, the price would have to reach $17.20.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
crimi

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 08:14:16 PM

I said to me after the next masternode payment enforcement fail im out. Here we are again. What to do now? Waiting since june. I mean if you fail that often you can destory any coin even bitcoin. What a sad day  Sad. There are sometimes 3 releases on a day. This cant be the future. Do we need a better sandbox?
eahmadov

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 08:15:26 PM

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/darkcoin-perfect-e-cash-cryptocurrency-emerging-dark-web-trump-bitcoin-1472144

writer has some good articles on his name .. i found this one a good read as well.

I posted this link on bitcoin section in reddit and almost got lynched Cheesy Closed minded fuckers!
pbleak
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 08:16:57 PM

The price is low I would imagine simply because Bitcoin is on a downtrend. When Bitcoin sneezes so does every other coin. We're going down, that's as clear as day, but we won't go up unless Bitcoin turns around properly and people then feel faith in crypto in general.

Agreed. The uncertainty around BTC is having a huge effect on alts as usual. Any trader worth his salt has had to consider divesting alts with such weakness around BTC. Cash is the place to be right now for many of the traders I chat with.

Add to that the huge risks around working with exchanges, the (misplaced, IMO) hype around sidechains supplanting alts, and the not insignificant hurdles facing DRK development and adoption, and it's no wonder we're going down.

All of that said, there's huge opportunity for those with patience and resolve in markets like these. DRK has a lot going for it, and I'm betting on significant appreciation when / if the BTC market finds its footing and rallies. Don't bet the farm, because that's exactly what this is... a (minimally informed) bet.

Agreed on all scores. I guess for me I think even if it reached 5 that would be a nice return when buying now. A risk for sure though.
Propulsion

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

The Buck Stops Here.

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 08:31:33 PM

EASY.

./darkcoind stop
rm .darkcoin/peers.dat
wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/darkcoinproject/darkcoin-binaries/master/darkcoin-0.10.15.17-linux.tar.gz
tar zxvf darkcoin-0.10.15.17-linux.tar.gz
mv darkcoin-0.10.15.17-linux/bin/64/darkcoind .
chmod +x ./darkcoind
./darkcoind

Man, I don't like your username.

On another note, The DarkcoinTalk Mining Pool has been updated to the latest version.
oblox
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 08:33:02 PM

Indeed, our main aim should be to have Dark overtake Litecoin as the second coin. That way it could be used by privacy nuts and so on, but also whenever anyway wants to make a truly private transaction. This is where I believe Dark will end up. I don't think it's a bad thing either, but we're not going to 100. We might get to 5 and be stable if all goes well.

You do realize you can't overtake LTC if DRK's price caps at $5, right? Well, unless LTC implodes.
traderman
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 08:39:14 PM

I am glad you guys like my stuff! Smiley I did this pretty quickly, maybe I can devote some more time and do a better one!

We need mass appeal, not cheap jokes.

You will never manage to create a video that everybody likes. (ofcourse I am glad that you try nonetheless to achieve it)
Therefor we need many different iterations of many different ways if we really want to "mass appeal".

I still think that stuff like this is hilarious, and extremely important:

Can you imagine what a real artist could do with such a meme?
jams951

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 08:39:58 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nfrk2UdEOcQ
oblox
Legendary

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 08:43:33 PM

I said to me after the next masternode payment enforcement fail im out. Here we are again. What to do now? Waiting since june. I mean if you fail that often you can destory any coin even bitcoin. What a sad day  Sad. There are sometimes 3 releases on a day. This cant be the future. Do we need a better sandbox?

So stick to your guns and get out? What are you hoping to accomplish here? We don't need a better sandbox, we need unemotional, long-viewed investors. Not emotional, whiny, short-term speculators.

Even in the official channel we have long-term investors talking about waiting on buying till price retreats to .003... if that's the case and everyone is waiting for cheaper and cheaper, how do you actually expect price to move up? You can say adoption till you are blue in the face but merchants certainly want to see some stability in price, not further downside pressure. I brought this up in the channel but it begs the question, where do these investors see DRK positioned? If you are one to view it as somewhere in the neighborhood of $500M to $1B in market cap (not tomorrow by any means), then the difference between buying at market around .005 and waiting to .003 is about 70c USD. Seriously, are you that fucking cheap you can't actually support the price here? I mean no disrespect to anyone involved in this mentality but lets be realistic here, you aren't helping.
shojayxt
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 08:46:33 PM

The price is low I would imagine simply because Bitcoin is on a downtrend. When Bitcoin sneezes so does every other coin. We're going down, that's as clear as day, but we won't go up unless Bitcoin turns around properly and people then feel faith in crypto in general.

Agreed. The uncertainty around BTC is having a huge effect on alts as usual. Any trader worth his salt has had to consider divesting alts with such weakness around BTC. Cash is the place to be right now for many of the traders I chat with.

Add to that the huge risks around working with exchanges, the (misplaced, IMO) hype around sidechains supplanting alts, and the not insignificant hurdles facing DRK development and adoption, and it's no wonder we're going down.

All of that said, there's huge opportunity for those with patience and resolve in markets like these. DRK has a lot going for it, and I'm betting on significant appreciation when / if the BTC market finds its footing and rallies. Don't bet the farm, because that's exactly what this is... a (minimally informed) bet.

I agree about being in cash.  I'm sure glad I cashed out as much as I did a few months back.  If I hadn't I would probably be screaming bloody murder like some of the other posters.  But they have nobody to blame but themselves.  While everyone was saying "buy buy buy" I was selling.  I liquidated most of my altcoin holdings and cashed out a nice chunk of bitcoin.  Now I have a pile of cash.  

Regardless of the tech, the hype, the fancy graphics, slogans, meme's, etc...  Cash is still king and will remain so for some time to come.  Those that pushed the concept that cryptocurrency was going to challenge fiat anytime soon are people that you don't want to listen to for advice.  There was also coordinated effort to hype DRK and pump it up.  Those people sold when it was much higher even though they were telling others to hold.  Now that they have secured their profits expect them to repeat the process.  
feeleep
Legendary

Activity: 1197
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2014, 08:48:25 PM

https://www2.coinmine.pl/drk/ wallet updated to latest

traderman
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 08:49:54 PM

Hey Jams, why don't you diversify and look @ some other cryptos.  I have been around Darkcoin almost from the beginning and I still think it has a great future, but so do other coins too. Gridcoin has been around for 1 year now and it has maintained it's value, while everything else has been decimated! Why don't you have a look @ that, you will fee much better mining Gridcoin knowing that your computations are going to Boinc science projects! There is also Solarcoin and bunch of others that are trying to do innovative stuff. Darkcoin is great, but it is not the only game in town, there is lots of coins with major potential!

$1.80... are you fucking serious? fuck crypto im sick of this shit what the fuck fucking fuck fuck fuck.

Hang in there kiddo!  I can't believe it either, but when I step outside this box they call a thread, I see so much fud being said about our coin, I'm amazed!  People actually don't know our coin functions, and functions well for privacy.  They're also being spoon fed outright lies about DRK.  But I think the real issue is that all the scams and thievery has taken it's toll on cryptos in general, including Bitcoin.  These are growing pains.  We need to grow some immunity here.  We need a trustless exchange system where coins never leave the control of the wallet owner until a trade actually happens.  This needs to happen soon or we will suffer worse as more exchanges are "hacked" (read flee with user's coins and money).

But we're coming up with some good ideas over at darkcointalk, and hopefully a developer will take this on soon.

Look I appreciate your enthusiasm but honestly this is really starting to piss me off. Crypto is just sliding into the abyss. People still don't see the need for it, I'm talking your average person on the street. I'm starting to lose hope. It's been a year of decline so far, I've lost thousands of dollars. I feel like a sack of shit. I could have sold DRK at $10 but I held like a fucking moron now I basically have nothing left. The question I'm asking myself is: "How could you be so fucking stupid?"

Literally when I wake up, I ask myself this, and before I go to bed, the same. I will never forgive myself for being suckered into this and will probably die of an ulcer or some other stress-related disease because of it. I am literally going insane because I missed so many opportunities. You only get so many chances in life I think I missed most of mine. Maybe it's time to move off to some foreign country and just fade into oblivion. Life, you beat me. I give up. My ambition has been stripped and I have nothing left. I'm not one to quit but I'm about ready to throw in the towel. I'll never get  ahead and will probably die poor and destitute with nearly nothing to my name.

Thanks crypto.
shojayxt
Legendary

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 08:50:24 PM

I said to me after the next masternode payment enforcement fail im out. Here we are again. What to do now? Waiting since june. I mean if you fail that often you can destory any coin even bitcoin. What a sad day  Sad. There are sometimes 3 releases on a day. This cant be the future. Do we need a better sandbox?

So stick to your guns and get out? What are you hoping to accomplish here? We don't need a better sandbox, we need unemotional, long-viewed investors. Not emotional, whiny, short-term speculators.

Even in the official channel we have long-term investors talking about waiting on buying till price retreats to .003... if that's the case and everyone is waiting for cheaper and cheaper, how do you actually expect price to move up? You can say adoption till you are blue in the face but merchants certainly want to see some stability in price, not further downside pressure. I brought this up in the channel but it begs the question, where do these investors see DRK positioned? If you are one to view it as somewhere in the neighborhood of $500M to $1B in market cap (not tomorrow by any means), then the difference between buying at market around .005 and waiting to .003 is about 70c USD. Seriously, are you that fucking cheap you can't actually support the price here? I mean no disrespect to anyone involved in this mentality but lets be realistic here, you aren't helping.

.70c is a lot if you're buying thousands of coins.  It's currently 41% of the current price.  If you think it will go down it would be foolish to buy now.
shojayxt
Legendary

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 08:55:26 PM

Hey Jams, why don't you diversify and look @ some other cryptos.  I have been around Darkcoin almost from the beginning and I still think it has a great future, but so do other coins too. Gridcoin has been around for 1 year now and it has maintained it's value, while everything else has been decimated! Why don't you have a look @ that, you will fee much better mining Gridcoin knowing that you computations are going to Boinc science projects! There is also Solarcoin and bunch of others that are trying to do innovative stuff. Darkcoin is great, but it is not the only game in town, there is lots of coins with major potential!

$1.80... are you fucking serious? fuck crypto im sick of this shit what the fuck fucking fuck fuck fuck.

Hang in there kiddo!  I can't believe it either, but when I step outside this box they call a thread, I see so much fud being said about our coin, I'm amazed!  People actually don't know our coin functions, and functions well for privacy.  They're also being spoon fed outright lies about DRK.  But I think the real issue is that all the scams and thievery has taken it's toll on cryptos in general, including Bitcoin.  These are growing pains.  We need to grow some immunity here.  We need a trustless exchange system where coins never leave the control of the wallet owner until a trade actually happens.  This needs to happen soon or we will suffer worse as more exchanges are "hacked" (read flee with user's coins and money).

But we're coming up with some good ideas over at darkcointalk, and hopefully a developer will take this on soon.

Look I appreciate your enthusiasm but honestly this is really starting to piss me off. Crypto is just sliding into the abyss. People still don't see the need for it, I'm talking your average person on the street. I'm starting to lose hope. It's been a year of decline so far, I've lost thousands of dollars. I feel like a sack of shit. I could have sold DRK at $10 but I held like a fucking moron now I basically have nothing left. The question I'm asking myself is: "How could you be so fucking stupid?"

Literally when I wake up, I ask myself this, and before I go to bed, the same. I will never forgive myself for being suckered into this and will probably die of an ulcer or some other stress-related disease because of it. I am literally going insane because I missed so many opportunities. You only get so many chances in life I think I missed most of mine. Maybe it's time to move off to some foreign country and just fade into oblivion. Life, you beat me. I give up. My ambition has been stripped and I have nothing left. I'm not one to quit but I'm about ready to throw in the towel. I'll never get  ahead and will probably die poor and destitute with nearly nothing to my name.

Thanks crypto.

Good advice.  Always diversify and remember that there are other coins out there that stand just as good a chance at adoption as Darkcoin.  Putting all your eggs in one basket is the worst thing you can do.  Unfortunately it appears that many people did just that with Darkcoin and now regret it.  It's not Darkcoins fault, it's just bad decision making on the part of the investor.
oblox
Legendary

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 08:59:33 PM

.70c is a lot if you're buying thousands of coins.  It's currently 41% of the current price.  If you think it will go down it would be foolish to buy now.

Yeah, at current levels, but if your end game is a marketcap much higher than it is now, it's meaningless. Too many are shortsighted and this only proves it. Any true investor shouldn't be thinking it will go down, they should be optimistic about future prospects. Crypto makes me chuckle.

Do you really think anyone that bought BTC back at these levels really cares today about a 70 cent spread? Really? I'm not saying DRK is overtaking BTC, but putting some perspective on things.
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 09:09:11 PM

DRK sparked the interest in anon.

Time that all anon projects backed one horse for a while to reinforce the anon market - this will eventually feedback into all anon projects, again.

Divided, no one wins. United for 12 months, everyone wins.
wozzek23

Activity: 1568
Merit: 283

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 09:09:30 PM

Even in the official channel we have long-term investors talking about waiting on buying till price retreats to .003... if that's the case and everyone is waiting for cheaper and cheaper, how do you actually expect price to move up?

At the moment of weakness I sold 50% of my Darkcoins - the part I was able to sell with a tiny profit - but today I bought all of them, and more, back. So, now I have more Darkcoins than ever before but on the rich list I've fallen for several hundred places.

This tells me the people were buying during this last month as the price kept falling. Why the price is falling is still a mystery to me, though...
thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 09:15:09 PM

Why the price is falling is still a mystery to me, though...

People are broke.
wozzek23

Activity: 1568
Merit: 283

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 09:24:40 PM

Why the price is falling is still a mystery to me, though...

People are broke.

There are only 35,998 people holding Darkcoin at the moment, out of which top thousand own 68.49% of all outstanding coins.

This hardly represents a majority to which "broke" should easily apply. For these Top 1000 holders, an average holding is 3,291 DRK i.e. $5,594.70 in average, per today's price. In this fucked up, pillaged economy, a normal, "broke" person does not have $5.5K to plunge into such an innovative, high-risk investment.

And, these people were buying as the coin's price was sinking...
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 09:38:15 PM

I just used shapeshit.io to shift ~100 LTC I had sitting in an old wallet (love it when you find coins down the back of the sofa).

We need to get something like this into a few different DRK clients - preferably on android.  I could meet someone in the street and exchange some eCash for BTC, or vice versa, right there on the spot.  

I'm off to Germany soon. Any chance we can get that done for the middle of November?  Grin
Pages: « 1 ... 3293 3294 3295 3296 3297 3298 3299 3300 3301 3302 3303 3304 3305 3306 3307 3308 3309 3310 3311 3312 3313 3314 3315 3316 3317 3318 3319 3320 3321 3322 3323 3324 3325 3326 3327 3328 3329 3330 3331 3332 3333 3334 3335 3336 3337 3338 3339 3340 3341 3342 [3343] 3344 3345 3346 3347 3348 3349 3350 3351 3352 3353 3354 3355 3356 3357 3358 3359 3360 3361 3362 3363 3364 3365 3366 3367 3368 3369 3370 3371 3372 3373 3374 3375 3376 3377 3378 3379 3380 3381 3382 3383 3384 3385 3386 3387 3388 3389 3390 3391 3392 3393 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: