Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:09:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5993 5994 5995 5996 5997 5998 5999 6000 6001 6002 6003 6004 6005 6006 6007 6008 6009 6010 6011 6012 6013 6014 6015 6016 6017 6018 6019 6020 6021 6022 6023 6024 6025 6026 6027 6028 6029 6030 6031 6032 6033 6034 6035 6036 6037 6038 6039 6040 6041 6042 [6043] 6044 6045 6046 6047 6048 6049 6050 6051 6052 6053 6054 6055 6056 6057 6058 6059 6060 6061 6062 6063 6064 6065 6066 6067 6068 6069 6070 6071 6072 6073 6074 6075 6076 6077 6078 6079 6080 6081 6082 6083 6084 6085 6086 6087 6088 6089 6090 6091 6092 6093 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722505 times)
TreasureSeeker

Activity: 455
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2016, 01:08:58 PM

Even solely in the payment industry there are numerous other Dashs including:

Dash phone payments (singtel)
Dash cashless parking,
Dash restaurant/bar payments paywithdash.com
Dashpay card payments

Having the Trademark for crypto payments is very good and I'll admit I don't recall being aware of this.  The thing is, if I or anyone was to try to spread the word by, say, getting some pens printed with "Pay with Dash", it wouldn't be a very effective effort.  

I know you've mentioned, Tante, about Dash Nation name and although I like the concept, not sure about it for general branding and whether "Pay with Dash Nation" wouldn't really work.

Dashpay would be an alternative for branding but confusable with dashpay.co.za

Maybe we should be using the full name of Dash Evolution when Evo is released - "Pay with Dash Evolution" is still very snappy and Dash Evolution comes up top on,say, google rather than position 40 or so for just Dash.

Fun & Friendly p2pool Mining at TreasureQuarry.  Litecoin http://litecoin.treasurequarry.com:9327 Dash p2pool  http://dash.treasurequarry.com:7903

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059

View Profile
October 16, 2016, 01:46:41 PM
Last edit: October 16, 2016, 01:59:10 PM by arielbit

Dash cashless parking,
Dashpay card payments

Having the Trademark for crypto payments is very good and I'll admit I don't recall being aware of this.  The thing is, if I or anyone was to try to spread the word by, say, getting some pens printed with "Pay with Dash", it wouldn't be a very effective effort.  

I know you've mentioned, Tante, about Dash Nation name and although I like the concept, not sure about it for general branding and whether "Pay with Dash Nation" wouldn't really work.

Maybe we should be using the full name of Dash Evolution when Evo is released - "Pay with Dash Evolution" is still very snappy and Dash Evolution comes up top on,say, google rather than position 40 or so for just Dash.

those dashes, dash this, dash that, dash there.. are nothing compared to this

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1020627.0

so xcoin/darkcoin/DASH is not a coin or cannot be called "DASH coin" unless it is called only DTRASH ... sorry name is already taken for a coin called Dashcoin.

Wink
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 16, 2016, 03:09:16 PM

Dash cashless parking,
Dashpay card payments

True.  However, I feel that if Dash becomes successful, it will blow all those out of the water, and the "Dash" name will only be associated with the most successful payment system eventually.  But in the early days of adoption, Huh  I don't know because it's not my expertise.  Frankly, if people are searching for "paywithdash" and come accross Dash and then are exposed to crypto, I think it could be a good thing???  And as time goes on, more exposure, more lures, more likelihood of getting people to actually try and start using Dash.  I mean, I see it going both ways, with good possibility of it being more positive than negative.  But I am no expert, so???

Frankly, I think it's a very bold move to name ourselves Dash, and I have a good gut feeling that it will serve us well.  But that's all it is, my gut feeling, and I have no research to back that up at the moment.  However, if I find the time.........Huh  LOL  maybe I'll do some reasearch??

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 16, 2016, 07:16:55 PM

Dash cashless parking,
Dashpay card payments

True.  However, I feel that if Dash becomes successful, it will blow all those out of the water, and the "Dash" name will only be associated with the most successful payment system eventually.  But in the early days of adoption, Huh  I don't know because it's not my expertise.  Frankly, if people are searching for "paywithdash" and come accross Dash and then are exposed to crypto, I think it could be a good thing???  And as time goes on, more exposure, more lures, more likelihood of getting people to actually try and start using Dash.  I mean, I see it going both ways, with good possibility of it being more positive than negative.  But I am no expert, so???

Frankly, I think it's a very bold move to name ourselves Dash, and I have a good gut feeling that it will serve us well.  But that's all it is, my gut feeling, and I have no research to back that up at the moment.  However, if I find the time.........Huh  LOL  maybe I'll do some reasearch??

Apple seems to have gotten around this issue.
TreasureSeeker

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2016, 07:55:21 PM

Yes, but were Apple just advertising themselves just using the word Apple in the early days or Apple Computers, which is unique?

Fun & Friendly p2pool Mining at TreasureQuarry.  Litecoin http://litecoin.treasurequarry.com:9327 Dash p2pool  http://dash.treasurequarry.com:7903
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
October 16, 2016, 10:26:02 PM

Yes, but were Apple just advertising themselves just using the word Apple in the early days or Apple Computers, which is unique?

I'm not sure I understand the question?  You mean, did they get a trademark in the early days?  IDK? 

On the other hand, that's a very good example.  Apple is now synonymous with a fruit and a computer company today.  However, a glance, at least back in those days, at the phone book used to have dozens of companies taking the word Apple because it put them in front of the competition.  Apple plumbing, Apple Electric, Apple Manufacturing, etc....  it was a highly sought out name if you could get it in your area.  Better than AAA Plumbing, because that was too obvious.  LOL. 

Anyways, obviously, Dash is catchy.  A lot of people are using that name for things, even traditional fiat credit companies.  So, yes, these early days we're just one of many.  But when we finally cross the chasm, the catchy name will serve us well, and like Apple, it will mean only what it means literally, or that crypto-currency everybody uses.  I mean, that's the future I see. 

Don't get me wrong, all the guys here keep mentioning exciting new projects, and I do look into them, some even got me excited, but I haven't seen a single project that got me to buy a coin yet.  The only project I feel 100% certain is going to make it now, is Dash.  So why not grab that catchy name?  We'll own it out 'n out soon enough (meaning people will only think - or of a crypto-currency) I feel like in the early days of Darkcoin, I had a hunch Dash was going to go places because I liked the way Evan thought, and the people he gathered to his team.  Now, I am 100% certain.  I'm also 100% certain we're going to have a heck of a fight on our hands when we start taking power away from the establishment, but I also think we'll win, or the world won't be worth living in.  So I'm all in Smiley

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 12:18:26 AM

Bitcoin Fork Soon? Core Blocks Dip Below 90% As Unlimited Takes Off

https://cointelegraph.com/news/bitcoin-fork-soon-core-blocks-dip-below-90-as-unlimited-takes-off
Johann-Schmidt

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 01:10:09 AM

What do we do now that DASH prices are in free fall and Zcash is around the corner with superior privacy?
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 01:54:17 AM

What do we do now that DASH prices are in free fall and Zcash is around the corner with superior privacy?

Dash always drops when traders jump to "the latest and greatest", so if you're a trader, you follow the herd.  As far as Dash is concerned, it hasn't even begun to be useful, so the rest of us have a long term view of things.  Dash has it's eye on the prize, which is fiat replacement everywhere, completely independant and decentralized.  Privacy is a function of fungibility.  When other projects make a blockchain obscured privacy coin, sure, as long as you trust the coding and that there are no back doors, you should use that for illegal trade.  Other people simply want to know that they can remove the history behind their coins if those coins are unwanted by someone they want to trade with, for any reason, there by providing fungibility.

I'm amazed at how many people keep coming here basically questioning Dash's survivability against competition on one single service feature.  People really don't get what Dash is about ..... still!

I'm the only one crazy enough to say this, but this is the idea:  Dash wants to be the fiat replacement of the world.  All the old Satoshi goals lie with Dash, only the Dash team understands how that needs to look, how it needs to function, how it needs to interface.  Even if Dash has the initial wallet integration of Evolution, there will be no reason an outside group wouldn't be able to use the DAPI to provide services to others.  From centralized services to other decentralized services.  I speak broadly, because it is broad and completely inclusive.

Dash realizes that there will be other currencies to compete with, but frankly, everyone else is so far behind... the only current competition for some time will be Fiat, and fiat alone.  Everyone else is aiming for niche markets.  Dash is aiming for the population of the world, a new order of financial service providers using Dash and will allow for any project to be built on top of the Dash network.

Dash is the foundation that can carry the world, and will certainly carry a significant portion of the world.  Everyone has such limited and narrow ideas of what can be done.

TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2016, 04:21:00 AM

Dash always drops when traders jump to "the latest and greatest", so if you're a trader, you follow the herd.  As far as Dash is concerned, it hasn't even begun to be useful, so the rest of us have a long term view of things.  Dash has it's eye on the prize, which is fiat replacement everywhere, completely independant and decentralized.  Privacy is a function of fungibility.  When other projects make a blockchain obscured privacy coin, sure, as long as you trust the coding and that there are no back doors, you should use that for illegal trade.  Other people simply want to know that they can remove the history behind their coins if those coins are unwanted by someone they want to trade with, for any reason, there by providing fungibility.

I'm amazed at how many people keep coming here basically questioning Dash's survivability against competition on one single service feature.  People really don't get what Dash is about ..... still!

I'm the only one crazy enough to say this, but this is the idea:  Dash wants to be the fiat replacement of the world.  All the old Satoshi goals lie with Dash, only the Dash team understands how that needs to look, how it needs to function, how it needs to interface.  Even if Dash has the initial wallet integration of Evolution, there will be no reason an outside group wouldn't be able to use the DAPI to provide services to others.  From centralized services to other decentralized services.  I speak broadly, because it is broad and completely inclusive.

Dash realizes that there will be other currencies to compete with, but frankly, everyone else is so far behind... the only current competition for some time will be Fiat, and fiat alone.  Everyone else is aiming for niche markets.  Dash is aiming for the population of the world, a new order of financial service providers using Dash and will allow for any project to be built on top of the Dash network.

Dash is the foundation that can carry the world, and will certainly carry a significant portion of the world.  Everyone has such limited and narrow ideas of what can be done.
but...but... Dat price!  Tongue

Johann-Schmidt

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 05:42:02 AM

Not just one point, the mixing doesn't work and 4.1 mill or so tied up in masternodes and who knows who owns them and when they will decide to liquidate.
usukan
Legendary

Activity: 1590
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 05:57:20 AM

I still like DASH and think its one of the REAL coins - I cannot comprehend how Monero has taken the stage lately?

--

--
Legendary

Activity: 1382
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 07:14:55 AM

Not just one point, the mixing doesn't work and 4.1 mill or so tied up in masternodes and who knows who owns them and when they will decide to liquidate.

Well who cares if the owners of Dash keep their funds stored away in masternodes. If each owner sees it necessary or time to sell, they will sell, that is a good thing. The same can be said about every single asset of some sorts. Who knows when major Apple stock holders can liquidate at any time! Who knows when the Monero holders will start selling off! What will happen when the people holding Zcash need to liquidate the 20% block rewards that they get!

As for mixing, it works just fine. Mixing must be done before hand, but once done, it is solid tech. Are there other technologies that provide stronger privacy? Sure, but that doesn't make Dash a failure. Just as these new families of privacy assets aren't so good for every day instant transactions doesn't rule them worthless either.
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 07:25:24 AM

nonsense
 Angry
MasterMined710
Legendary

Activity: 1182
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 09:31:25 AM

What do we do now

DASH is not a one trick pony coin so zcash is not our competition. your concerns would be better suited for that other one trick pony coin whose price is in free fall.

concern troll:
A person who posts on a blog thread, in the guise of "concern," to disrupt dialogue or undermine morale by pointing out that posters and/or the site may be getting themselves in trouble, usually with an authority or power. They point out problems that don't really exist. The intent is to derail, stifle, control, the dialogue. It is viewed as insincere and condescending.

A concern troll is a person who participates in a debate posing as an actual or potential ally who simply has some concerns they need answered before they will ally themselves with a cause. In reality they are a critic.

DASH = Digital Cash         FAQ          DASHTALK        DashNews
gusterdd

Activity: 220
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 10:12:23 AM
Last edit: October 17, 2016, 10:31:06 AM by gusterdd

What do we do now

DASH is not a one trick pony coin so zcash is not our competition. your concerns would be better suited for that other one trick pony coin whose price is in free fall.

concern troll:
A person who posts on a blog thread, in the guise of "concern," to disrupt dialogue or undermine morale by pointing out that posters and/or the site may be getting themselves in trouble, usually with an authority or power. They point out problems that don't really exist. The intent is to derail, stifle, control, the dialogue. It is viewed as insincere and condescending.

A concern troll is a person who participates in a debate posing as an actual or potential ally who simply has some concerns they need answered before they will ally themselves with a cause. In reality they are a critic.

Dash demand reduced,
It make lower the price.
need long time to jump again like last year.
After big drop add  masternode again.

Interest : Mining Rig, Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum, Monero, Dash, Bitshare
Riseman

Activity: 690
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 01:03:15 PM

What do we do now

concern troll:

Dash demand reduced,
It make lower the price.
need long time to jump again like last year.
After big drop add  masternode again.

This indicator turns out to be more useful than I thought. So I guess, another couple of years of "cheap masternodes" and long term talk are starting now.
TreasureSeeker

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2016, 05:23:33 PM
Last edit: October 17, 2016, 08:24:23 PM by TreasureSeeker

I'm not sure I understand the question?  You mean, did they get a trademark in the early days?  IDK?  

What I'm trying to say is that the best way to promote something is by a unique brandable name or a unique brandable combination of name and concept.  Apple itself was not a unique name but "Apple Computer"  as the company was known in the early days was a unique combination of name and concept - there was no other Apple Computer company, as far I know. The name, Dash, isn't unique, and Dash Payments, for example isn't unique either as there are other payment systems using or containing the name Dash which could be confused, so maybe Promoting "Dash Evolution" as a unique non-confusable brand is the way to go.

Taylor05

Activity: 265
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 06:36:53 PM

Proposal: Liquidity Providers November Extension

https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/proposal-infrastructure-liquidity-providers-nov.11130/

This proposal extends the Liquidity Providers program an additional month, adjusted for current exchange rates.
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 07:57:19 PM

Speaking of proposals, please reconsider the Odoo proposal https://www.dashcentral.org/p/OdooDASHCryptoModule .  

With all the merchants using Odoo, making it easy and painless for them to accept Dash would propel Dash acceptance.

Dash would be the first native integration. The only option for merchants is to use a service like Blockpay, when it comes out.  Blockpay makes things more complex at the cash register, and store managers know how hard it is to train their people just to check out customers. If you add more steps, it takes exponentially longer to train the checkout workers, plus it adds to the error ratio. So making it easy to adopt and use gives Dash a REAL leg up for adoption!

Without merchant integration, Dash and all cryptos are doomed.  We need to start paying attention to this NOW!

Pages: « 1 ... 5993 5994 5995 5996 5997 5998 5999 6000 6001 6002 6003 6004 6005 6006 6007 6008 6009 6010 6011 6012 6013 6014 6015 6016 6017 6018 6019 6020 6021 6022 6023 6024 6025 6026 6027 6028 6029 6030 6031 6032 6033 6034 6035 6036 6037 6038 6039 6040 6041 6042 [6043] 6044 6045 6046 6047 6048 6049 6050 6051 6052 6053 6054 6055 6056 6057 6058 6059 6060 6061 6062 6063 6064 6065 6066 6067 6068 6069 6070 6071 6072 6073 6074 6075 6076 6077 6078 6079 6080 6081 6082 6083 6084 6085 6086 6087 6088 6089 6090 6091 6092 6093 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: