Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 11:43:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6018 6019 6020 6021 6022 6023 6024 6025 6026 6027 6028 6029 6030 6031 6032 6033 6034 6035 6036 6037 6038 6039 6040 6041 6042 6043 6044 6045 6046 6047 6048 6049 6050 6051 6052 6053 6054 6055 6056 6057 6058 6059 6060 6061 6062 6063 6064 6065 6066 6067 [6068] 6069 6070 6071 6072 6073 6074 6075 6076 6077 6078 6079 6080 6081 6082 6083 6084 6085 6086 6087 6088 6089 6090 6091 6092 6093 6094 6095 6096 6097 6098 6099 6100 6101 6102 6103 6104 6105 6106 6107 6108 6109 6110 6111 6112 6113 6114 6115 6116 6117 6118 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722547 times)
Alohaboy?!

Activity: 1050
Merit: 506

View Profile
November 29, 2016, 05:03:08 PM

I have a question concerning Dash and Hardware Wallets.
I read about using the Trezor for Dash with the Electrum-Dash wallet.
Do all the Dash remain stored in the local wallet and it is just using the safety features of Trezor?
Or is it possible to also use the trezor for cold storage?

thx for help
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 4920

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
November 29, 2016, 06:15:39 PM

Let's stay focused on two of them.

Toknormal before drinking Evan's Gate Kool-Aid:

Some of the valuations being banded about are delusional
We need realism, not hallucinogenic dreamland.
Try for $10 and feel damn lucky if we get it.

Toknormal after drinking Evan's Gate Kool-Aid:

I see a justified price of 3-4 BTC for one DRK

I couldn't agree more with this post.

Unless the Darkcoin people make some major mistakes this coin is on course for complete supremacy in the 'anonymity' sector and valuation will follow accordingly.

Gee, that cargo cult initiation ceremony must have been one hell of a party to irrevocably send you into "hallucinogenic dreamland."

And BTW, the 'accidental' Instamine counts as a "major mistake" as does the rebrand to Dash, which entailed quitting+conceding the race for a truly private/fungible e-cash.

Actually I think those quotes suggest schizophrenia as May 17th does not precede May 11th.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
kointrend

Activity: 655
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 29, 2016, 06:37:26 PM

Let's stay focused on two of them.

Toknormal before drinking Evan's Gate Kool-Aid:

Some of the valuations being banded about are delusional
We need realism, not hallucinogenic dreamland.
Try for $10 and feel damn lucky if we get it.

Toknormal after drinking Evan's Gate Kool-Aid:

I see a justified price of 3-4 BTC for one DRK

I couldn't agree more with this post.

Unless the Darkcoin people make some major mistakes this coin is on course for complete supremacy in the 'anonymity' sector and valuation will follow accordingly.

Gee, that cargo cult initiation ceremony must have been one hell of a party to irrevocably send you into "hallucinogenic dreamland."

And BTW, the 'accidental' Instamine counts as a "major mistake" as does the rebrand to Dash, which entailed quitting+conceding the race for a truly private/fungible e-cash.

Actually I think those quotes suggest schizophrenia as May 17th does not precede May 11th.
LMFAO...you said it all.
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
November 29, 2016, 07:58:35 PM

I think we should just ease up on our poor delusional Icetroll, who is putting so much effort and energy in daily bumping our ANN thread
with posts that only a few users on this forum still read.

Dont let them bother you Icey, your bumping of our ANN thread is highly appreciated.

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2016, 02:46:55 AM

Ring signatures are going to be implemented in V2. I will begin development immediately after I opensource V1.

* Le 2.5 years later *

Ring signatures would be hard to apply to dash or there would be other reason for him.
Because of tech difference and superiority,  monero became major altcoin.

Dash is not needing to use Ring Signatures right now - the goal is fungibility (of the balances - not the frigging transaction ID's !  Roll Eyes), not invisibility.

[massive heap of mixed metaphors, confused ramblings, and fundamental misunderstandings excised for clarity and space considerations]

My goodness.  Toknormal certainly can intensify the handwaving, can't he?

He should come out of his hallucinogenic dreamland and accept that here in consensus reality (IE the real world) fungibility provides privacy as a side effect.

His predictably on cue, long-winded Duffsplanation doesn't change the fact Evan said he would implement ring signatures, but then reneged, letting down and ripping off everyone who bought and held DRK based on that announcement.

Evan was just pumping with the empty promise of adding ring signatures so he could dump more of his Instamine; that's fraud.

I wonder if Toknormal still feels a "justified price of 3-4 BTC" is appropriate for Dash, or if he's come down enough to accept Dash would be very lucky to get to $10.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Taylor05

Activity: 265
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 30, 2016, 03:05:57 AM

Be sure to vote!!!

There is ample room in the budget this cycle for everything to fund, but several proposals could use some additional votes.

Budget report:
https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/december-2016-budget-report.12003/

Dash vote tracker:
http://dashvotetracker.com/

Dashcentral
https://www.dashcentral.org/budget
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
November 30, 2016, 06:09:20 AM

Dash Evolution Preview -- A Glimpse at the Future of Payments
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7J4m04Tkfb4&t=22s&index=1&list=PLiFMZOlhgsYJPIiG0bjT1_SuT5h7NqPCC

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
DARKHOLDER

Activity: 659
Merit: 500

Zepher is scammer!:)

View Profile
November 30, 2016, 07:11:13 AM

Cheap DASH 2 MN on Polo at 0.01200... Wink
Alohaboy?!

View Profile
November 30, 2016, 08:57:33 AM

Do all the Dash remain stored in the local wallet and it is just using the safety features of Trezor?

thx for help

okay ....as far as  I get it the trezor is only used for the confirmation of transfer right? So I can´t use trezor as a sort of real storage at the moment?
UdjinM6
Legendary

Activity: 1318
Merit: 1040

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2016, 01:08:59 PM

thx for help

okay ....as far as  I get it the trezor is only used for the confirmation of transfer right? So I can´t use trezor as a sort of real storage at the moment?
I'm not quite sure what you mean but there is probably some confusion. There are no coins in your wallet, all "coins" are "stored" in the blockchain and you unlock them using "confirmation of transfer rights" i.e. private keys. You just either store private keys directly in software wallet (in some file) or on your hardware wallet (e.g. trezor).

DASH: XsV4GHVKGTjQFvwB7c6mYsGV3Mxf7iser6
Alohaboy?!

View Profile
November 30, 2016, 02:02:25 PM

thx for help

I'm not quite sure what you mean but there is probably some confusion. There are no coins in your wallet, all "coins" are "stored" in the blockchain and you unlock them using "confirmation of transfer rights" i.e. private keys. You just either store private keys directly in software wallet (in some file) or on your hardware wallet (e.g. trezor).

thank you very much for your explanation! so basically the hardware wallet works in the same way for Dash as it works for Btc?
dihydrogenmonoxide

Activity: 197
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 30, 2016, 05:23:34 PM

thx for help

thank you very much for your explanation! so basically the hardware wallet works in the same way for Dash as it works for Btc?

Sure, you can even use the same hardware wallet for both:

Connected to Bitcoin wallet --> BTC
Connected to Dash wallet --> DASH

"The best way to convince a fool that he is wrong is to let him have his own way." - Josh Billings
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2016, 10:40:25 PM

Uh oh, looks like someone didn't drink enough Kool-Aid:

Quote from: xdashguy
It is time to quit playing around with fungibility / anonymity of the coin.

Dash was released as Darkcoin with the promise of true anonymous payment. It has failed to provide anonymity and fungibility almost 2 year later.

The mixing technology of Dash is not good enough. It is slow, expensive, and requires people to opt-in to it instead of being on by default. That is not like Cash, so Dash cannot be Digital Cash.

What is shadowcash? Shadowcash is an anonymous coin built on top of Bitcoin technology (versus cryptonote which is an entirely new blockchain technology). Evan previously wanted to merge with Shadocash. So, Evan is aware of them and their technology. Why hasn't he implemented it yet? It offers true anonymous / fungible transactions similar to Monero. No mixing involved. Built on bitcoin blockchain.

Here is why Dash anonymity fails: It requires trust. Trust in the masternodes. Trust they are not logging the mixes and trust that your coins happened to get mixed in uncompromized masternodes. Masternodes are NOT anonymous, so it is easy for a state actor to target these nodes via hacks or targeting the people. That is not good enough and it is why no one accepts Dash's fungibility solution. The opposition does have valid concerns.

What about masternode blinding? Let's be real, this is vaporware. This has been promised for 1.5 years. And despite the code being "already done and tested" it has not been released. Why would working, tested code not be released when so many users are turned off and criticize current mixing. In addition, blinding is not instant. Lastly, even blinding the masternodes will not make the transactions as secure as shadowcash or monero. The transactions will still be correlatable. The ability to correlate gets less with more users and more mixing, but it can still make someone a target.

Here is the truth: People demand anonymity. The official argument from Core is that they don't want to focus on this now because it could make the coin a dark market coin which is bad for mass adoption. That would have been a good argument two years ago. The problem is Dash already has all the downsides of a darkmarket coin with none of the upside.

Here is why: 1) Dash started as Darkcoin, which was specifically targeting the anonymous crowd (and by relation dark markets. Look at the naming of the coin). 2) It already advertises being anonymous. The result of 1 and 2 is hindered mainstream adoption (by big business). The problem is 3) due to it NOT actually being anonymous (due to usability and severe flaws in its mixing) it also gets none of the benefits of being an anonymous coin because its an open-secret that Dash is NOT anonymous (hence why monero was adopted by darkmarkets and not Dash despite Dash being more mature).

So, what is the downside? We already suffer the downsides of being "anonymous" but since we are not really anonymous we get none of the upsides.

I think its time to finally fix some of the fundamental problems with Dash. Evolution is great and it is great to have an easy to use wallet (which is essentially what evolution is), but having a wallet for a product that is useless by design does not work. First, Dash needs to be useful and actually do what it intends to do which is be digital cash (it can never be like cash until the anonymity is solved).

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
December 01, 2016, 01:58:34 AM

Ryan Taylor of Dash and Cody Wilson of Defense Distributed on
The Crypto Show tonight 8pm CST.
http://thecryptoshow.com/listenlive/
89.1 fm

as in = NOW !
bigrcanada1

Activity: 673
Merit: 531

Proud Lifetime DASH Foundation Member

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2016, 02:38:30 AM

Thanks for posting Tungfa.   Any comments on the Coinbase IRS situation currently going on?
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2016, 02:48:19 AM
Last edit: December 01, 2016, 05:29:05 AM by iCEBREAKER

Thanks for posting Tungfa.   Any comments on the Coinbase IRS situation currently going on?

Welcome Master Rich!  How was your harvest and fermentation this year?

Any comments on GrandMasterDash's accusation that

Dash is now nothing more than a gentleman's club, just like bitshares. The PoS hasn't decentralized... it just looks like that... most of the voting for these proposals is coming from a small club where individual MNOs are holding many tens of MNs.. colluding and doing as they please regardless. This is self evident, for if you look at the poll results of this thread you will see the opposite to what is actually happening.

As one of the wealthy gentleman in that club, do you agree that for security/decentralization purposes the number of masternode owners and hosting providers is more important that the raw number of masternodes?

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
December 01, 2016, 03:14:08 AM

Amanda B is back + Evan  Wink

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=N7T-a2xm5c0

gerhard

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 01, 2016, 07:41:45 AM

Amanda B is back + Evan  Wink

Wow, this is an incredible interview! Kudos to Amanda for asking about Evan's pre-Dash days. That was fascinating.

I am concerned, however, that the mechanism Evan described whereby people can invest in masternodes even if they don't have 1,000 dash seems like a "nice to have" and not something that should take priority.
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 01, 2016, 09:03:12 AM

Amanda B is back + Evan  Wink

Wow, this is an incredible interview! Kudos to Amanda for asking about Evan's pre-Dash days. That was fascinating.

I am concerned, however, that the mechanism Evan described whereby people can invest in masternodes even if they don't have 1,000 dash seems like a "nice to have" and not something that should take priority.

I have a problem with that too.  I'm sure they'll come up with something more restrictive but still do-able.  I think you'll have to do it like CDs where you have to agree to a term-a length of time.  Maybe these terms can be short to long periods of time.  They could also be set so that instead of date/time, it's set to release after 1, 2, 6, 12 payouts.  Immediately after the final payout, your funds are released.  This will minimize wasted time.  Then coins could just roll over, or be removed (even automatically) All this would be possible with smart contracts which Evolution will be capable of.

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2016, 10:30:12 AM

The Bank of England - no matter how valuable their pounds may be - cannot compete with Visa for reversing Mrs Jones's cornflakes packet when it got rung through the wrong end of the checkout belt. The Bank or England do not even interest themselves in that menial phenomenon because there exist multiple firewalls between their role as managers of the monetary base and a particular payment processors role of reversing Mrs Jones's cornflakes charge.

Darkcoin is not - and never will be - a payment processor.
So don't try to see it as such.

Darkcoin is a monetary base or it is nothing at all (because Darkcoin isn't 'backed' by anything which is the definition of a monetary base).

Point of sale systems have nothing do do with a particular currency. They are simply a number cruncher machine that buffers lots of little banana sales in a supermarket which later get forwarded to the banking system once all Mrs Jones's misplaced orders have been reversed.

Unbelievable.  I actually agree with the entirety of a toknormal post!   Shocked

But that was a long time ago (back in the Dark Age).

These days Evan has been putting way too much scopolamine in the Kool-Aid for his victims to remain coherent, much less rational.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Pages: « 1 ... 6018 6019 6020 6021 6022 6023 6024 6025 6026 6027 6028 6029 6030 6031 6032 6033 6034 6035 6036 6037 6038 6039 6040 6041 6042 6043 6044 6045 6046 6047 6048 6049 6050 6051 6052 6053 6054 6055 6056 6057 6058 6059 6060 6061 6062 6063 6064 6065 6066 6067 [6068] 6069 6070 6071 6072 6073 6074 6075 6076 6077 6078 6079 6080 6081 6082 6083 6084 6085 6086 6087 6088 6089 6090 6091 6092 6093 6094 6095 6096 6097 6098 6099 6100 6101 6102 6103 6104 6105 6106 6107 6108 6109 6110 6111 6112 6113 6114 6115 6116 6117 6118 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: