Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:00:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 [738] 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722505 times)
Simcom

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 08:21:44 PM

New coin symbol/logo text looking good at www.darkcoin.io

Still too many big scary words underneath it though.

To be frank, I think the whole page needs to be rebuilt from the ground up.  The background especially needs to go.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Simcom

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 08:25:36 PM

You are mining on a p2pool, you are not solomining Cheesy
How can you tell this from the block explorer and does this mean using "Simple CPU Mining" software connects you to p2pool without informing you?  Shocked

It makes a little more sense if you look at one of the blocks on the other block explorer. 

http://chainz.cryptoid.info/drk/block.dws?55310.htm

You can see all of the adresses that are being paid out, my address is actually in the list because I am also mining on the p2pool  Grin I've never used this simple CPU miner, I'm assuming you chose to mine "darkcoin" from a gui of some sort.  They must already have it configured to connect to the p2pool.  Mining on the p2pool is smart because it would take days (or weeks) to find a block solo-mining.
TanteStefana

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

The Future Of Work

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 08:41:30 PM

Why not turn over left over funds to the bounty pool? If you are going to keep the funds, then you should be able to keep a tally of who owns how much and be able to return them even after the pool shuts down. But if you turn funds over to the bounty pool, I am sure folks won't be disappointed as much and you won't look greedy Smiley

as i can gather from your lack of knowledge regarding what i wrote regarding the pool funds, i will, for the sake of publicity, and for the sake of those who have not read through all of this thread...

the funds left on the pool when it closes down, will be used, for happenings at a later date, those who have followed this thread for quite some time, know that i have given away coins left and right, in total aprox 18000 coins have been used for different publicity stunts, so i can tell you, that by taking the funds, and using it for other happenings.. i.e. giving it away.. i will still not be greedy, besides we are talking about accounts that hold values below 0.00000x so the total at current state will be aprox 8 drk when those still mining withdraw their coins...

besides, lotterymining.com was 1 of the first pools to actually send funds to the bounty pool

I didn't leave much behind, but what I left, I'm leaving to you.  My Ubuntu finally taking a crap caused me to get out earlier, LOL.  Can't wait to see what you're up to!

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
The Future of Work. Decentralized.
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 08:52:46 PM

Probably unrelated, but in the last 90mins I have received four small payments, "Mined" as in from a p2pool, of 0.002-0.004 DRK.

Anyone know who this address belongs to? Some p2pool node?

http://explorer.darkcoin.io/address/n1nkPnt7SrTCKjhZHjBDMsPGFmpGfrGvVQ

AAgrrr... the transactions are going OUT, not in! How is this possible? I have not sent any of these!
TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 08:59:04 PM

Off the top of my head:

• Have this thread locked to all but eduffield and internetape, because it's basically a goatfuck at this point.
  • Move all conversation to darkcointalk forums.
  • Stop putting every little thing to a community vote.  Consider community input carefully, but lead.
  • Recruit "inner circle" to float ideas past before they're presented to the community.  Off the cuff comments or ideas from devs or anyone even loosely associated with the devs MUST be carefully vetted before going public from here on out.
  • Contain official discussion pertaining "marketing and branding" either to a closed or heavily moderated thread on darkcointalk.  Stop discussing these things in public until they're better refined and thought out.  Too many cooks in the kitchen - good intentions all, but very few who know what they're talking about.
  • Contain official discussion pertaining to major changes to the coin or anything tertiary (eg foundation, bounties) to a closed thread on darkcointalk.  Present ideas to the community only after thorough vetting.  Stop discussing these things in public until they're better refined and thought out.
  • Designate or recruit specific individuals for specific tasks - stop crowd sourcing.  Nice idea in principle, chaos in practice.
  • Three different types of information campaigning: white (we claim responsibility), gray (responsibility is ambiguous), black (make it appear as though someone else is responsible).  Each of these can be put to extensive use for this coin.  Leave it to your imagination, but this is one reason marketing must be a closed discussion.
  • Identify target audiences, tailor marketing for each, create products, vet, disseminate.
  • Stop kidding yourselves about how this coin will be used.  Without condoning or condemning, engage all potential target audiences.  Tailor marketing accordingly.
  • Stop entertaining new ideas in regards to logos and branding.  The decision has been made.  Own it.  Get it off the goddamn table as the foremost topic of discussion.

I'd say you got the job!

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
Simcom

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 09:03:22 PM

Probably unrelated, but in the last 90mins I have received four small payments, "Mined" as in from a p2pool, of 0.002-0.004 DRK.

AAgrrr... the transactions are going OUT, not in! How is this possible? I have not sent any of these!

What is your address?  If there are small transactions going out of your wallet I would create a new wallet on a different computer and send coins to that new wallet, maybe your computer has malware.  I doubt it tbh but if what you are saying is really happening there is really no other explanation.
thelonecrouton
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 09:05:32 PM

What is your address?  If there are small transactions going out of your wallet I would create a new wallet on a different computer and send coins to that new wallet, maybe your computer has malware.  I doubt it tbh but if what you are saying is really happening there is really no other explanation.

Wait, no they are coming IN. They are immature mined amounts. I just looked at the n1nkPnt7SrTCKjhZHjBDMsPGFmpGfrGvVQ address and everything there was IN, not out, so I thought they were leaving me and going there...

edit: BIZARRENESS!

Address n1nkPnt7SrTCKjhZHjBDMsPGFmpGfrGvVQ is MINE by the history of it, but my DRK address in wallet is XvxdvzT2bYEXhZpXS3X4PUrjE7oFrMTa8m

WTF? The block explorer shows my address, but with a completely different address, and I am magically mining coins from one to the other.
TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 09:07:09 PM

First, it's plenty widely known.  Look at almost any thread on this forum related to "most promising alt-coins" questions and you'll see Darkcoin in every other response.

Second, if bitcointalk.org is meant to be the primary means of raising awareness of this coin, then it is doomed to death by myopia.

This is so true.  Although I kind of like that I can see what's going on by just coming to this thread, it's always full of irritation, lol.  But I almost never go to any other thread.  I go when someone posts about something, read a bit about the coin, then decide I don't want to know anymore and it's back to Darkcoin thread, LOL.

If you'd help guide this , can take leadership, I'll back ya up.  I'm too much of a softy to lead myself, can't tell anyone their idea is bad, at least not easily.  I don't do much for the community, especially in the last week, LOL, but when I see an opportunity where I can be of help, I do try Smiley

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
Simcom

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 09:15:06 PM

Wait, no they are coming IN. They are immature mined amounts. I just looked at the n1nkPnt7SrTCKjhZHjBDMsPGFmpGfrGvVQ address and everything there was IN, not out, so I thought they were leaving me and going there...

That makes more sense, are you mining on a p2pool?
TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 09:15:26 PM

Everyday they are people (investors, miners) who don't know a thing about Darkcoin, but learn more and become interested in it by seeing that active thread on bitcointalk.org yes.

+1, the more active this thread is the better IMO.  On the other hand I somewhat agree that certain marketing, PR, logo, bad idea proposals - should probably be moved to darkcointalk.org or some other more private venue, at least initially.   Grin

I agree with that, and don't mind if the community throws out ideas, but if the impression is that the developers don't jump on every new idea, but do look, but don't put their two cents in, so that they hold their cards a bit, be a bit above the fray, and when a decision is made, and ready to announce, they can do it in a grand fashion and even give credit where it's due, but not until it was discussed in that "inner" circle and vetted out.

It's wonderful to discuss all kinds of ideas here as long as we're polite and thoughtful (not bickering because it looks like an idea is about to be implemented and there is cause for alarm)  If the community weren't worried that any idea is about to be implemented, they wouldn't get so hot under the collar.

It's more of a leadership thing, which I don't blame anyone for.  Evan and InternetApe are great developers, but I do think there should be a layer between them and the community, only because anything they say, sometimes at the top of their heads, has extreme weight.  Yet I'm sure they both need to talk to people, so an inner circle would be great.  

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
Simcom

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 09:18:52 PM

Address n1nkPnt7SrTCKjhZHjBDMsPGFmpGfrGvVQ is MINE by the history of it, but my DRK address in wallet is XvxdvzT2bYEXhZpXS3X4PUrjE7oFrMTa8m

WTF? The block explorer shows my address, but with a completely different address, and I am magically mining coins from one to the other.

Use this block explorer:  http://chainz.cryptoid.info/drk/

I have no idea why the addresses are all f'ed up on the other explorer.  All DRK addresses should start with X
thelonecrouton
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 09:24:34 PM

Use this block explorer:  http://chainz.cryptoid.info/drk/

I have no idea why the addresses are all f'ed up on the other explorer.  All DRK addresses should start with X

OK that shows me as it should be. The micropayments are from one divvied up 17DRK block, so definitely coming from a p2pool node then?

If nothing else, I realise I need to distribute my mighty hoard!
TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 09:25:58 PM

The way to eliminate competition is by making the network unparalleled. Consider setting up multiple masternodes/darknodes if you can afford it (top wallet guys). If you don't know how to do it, someone can do that here on your behalf. You are only going to protect your own investment by making the network stronger. IMO there should be several hundred masternodes by now but we know what is happening with the coins at the moment  Roll Eyes

I think the average person is frightened of putting their coin online like that.  But if it could be explained how well secured your coin would be if you follow this that and the other procedure, I think more people would be willing to put out masternodes.

The key word, explain the real risks and assess the real rewards.  

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
eizh

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 09:28:22 PM

Off the top of my head:

• Have this thread locked to all but eduffield and internetape, because it's basically a goatfuck at this point.

I strongly disagree with this. This forum is the epicenter of cryptocurrency discussion on the internet. When a coin moves off bitcointalk, it's usually the beginning of a slow death (the best exception to date has been DOGE, but they used another accessible platform, reddit). Many (most?) of us would not have found this coin if it wasn't for this thread and its high activity (which bumps it to the top). I agree with banning branding talk here, but not with shutting it down.
eltito

Activity: 322
Merit: 105

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 10:04:05 PM
Last edit: April 21, 2014, 10:52:39 PM by eltito

Off the top of my head:

I strongly disagree with this. This forum is the epicenter of cryptocurrency discussion on the internet. When a coin moves off bitcointalk, it's usually the beginning of a slow death (the best exception to date has been DOGE, but they used another accessible platform, reddit). Many (most?) of us would not have found this coin if it wasn't for this thread and its high activity (which bumps it to the top). I agree with banning branding talk here, but not with shutting it down.

Keeping Darkcoin on the front page of these forums wouldn't be difficult, but it should be done in a way that this huge cluster of a thread is not the first thing people see.  

Small, concise bites of positive information regarding updates, rollouts, new features, status, etc. on a regular basis.  Hit it hard then drop it.  Show people constant progress with a new headline subject line that they can chew on every week (or every few days or whatever), taking care not to tread into spam territory.  Hammer and reinforce the main tenets of privacy, anonymity, security etc. and why we are different and better than any other coin on offer, in every new thread.  While we're at it, direct as much traffic to darkcointalk as possible.

There is a lot of baggage (and a lot of good info, of course) in this thread.  It's too big and too messy to expect a newcomer to digest.

-Chris
InternetApe

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2014, 10:05:24 PM

Look at this ASS!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=579373.new#new

DarkCoin - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615 - DarkCoin aims to be the first privacy-centric cryptographic currency with fully encrypted transactions and anonymous block transactions.
sharkbyte093

Activity: 266

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 10:11:55 PM

Ugh... domain squatters are the worst.

coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 10:16:49 PM

That probably reinforces the need to have some level of strategic communication off the radar and bring things back here or to darkcointalk when proposals are firmed up.

This sort of thing will increase as the value of Darkcoin increases.

Its probably time to start thinking about distributed parallel work streams that get us through planned growth milestones.

You are right, what a low life.
Joshuar

Activity: 504

eidoo wallet

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 10:19:28 PM
Last edit: April 21, 2014, 10:31:48 PM by Joshuar

That probably reinforces the need to have some level of strategic communication off the radar and bring things back here or to darkcointalk when proposals are firmed up.

This sort of thing will increase as the value of Darkcoin increases.

Its probably time to start thinking about distributed parallel work streams that get us through planned growth milestones.

You are right, what a low life.

This is quite funny, because registering and selling a domain name that I purchased is a felony now? InternetApe hadn't messaged me back after I pmed days ago, what am I suppose to do? Obviously think that he's not interested and go along. I originally aimed to make a foundation website for Darkcoin as a part of my marketing plan. But that's thrown out now, thanks to InternetApe. Not to mention the whois information is false. Smiley

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
Kai Proctor

Activity: 546

01100100 01100001 01110011 01101000

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 10:20:08 PM

Check your PM
Pages: « 1 ... 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 [738] 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: