Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 01:45:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 [740] 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722518 times)
mannie

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 02:01:10 AM

New coin symbol/logo text looking good at www.darkcoin.io
Still too many big scary words underneath it though.
Wholeheartedly agree.  Love the coin and the logo but the words "THE ONLY PRIVACY-CENTRIC CRYPTOGRAPHIC CURRENCY. DARKCOIN PROVIDES ANONYMOUS TRANSACTIONS WITH A DECENTRALIZED IMPLEMENTATION OF DARKSEND." sound a little too ominous and scary to the mass market.

Even something simple like, "Safe, Secure, and Anonymous for Everyone." might be better.

I could have a go at re-writing the website copy.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
eizh

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 02:04:18 AM

Keeping Darkcoin on the front page of these forums wouldn't be difficult, but it should be done in a way that this huge cluster of a thread is not the first thing people see.  

Small, concise bites of positive information regarding updates, rollouts, new features, status, etc. on a regular basis.  Hit it hard then drop it.  Show people constant progress with a new headline subject line that they can chew on every week (or every few days or whatever), taking care not to tread into spam territory.  Hammer and reinforce the main tenets of privacy, anonymity, security etc. and why we are different and better than any other coin on offer, in every new thread.  While we're at it, direct as much traffic to darkcointalk as possible.

There is a lot of baggage (and a lot of good info, of course) in this thread.  It's too big and too messy to expect a newcomer to digest.

-Chris

Yes, excellent idea to guide the conversation via changes in the header/title for the week.  Actually, I don't think anyone has ever done that before.  Something like totally obvious, like "this week, what do you see as the pros and cons of anonymity?"  Something that guides the conversation toward why DRK is great "Ways to get storefronts to embrace DRK"  If a subject seems exhausted, we could change it on a daily basis, but always guiding it, and maybe have a suggestion topic thread on Darkcointalk.org Smiley

Right.  "How Darkcoin's DarkSend feature achieves anonymity and why this is superior to xyz method."

I would prefer an entirely new thread for each topic though.  I suspect it would be easier to keep the discussion focused and it would give us a valid reason to hit different forums or subsections (depending on the particular topic) without looking like spam kiddies.

Again,  this is the sort of strategy discussion that should be kept behind closed doors until it's ready to be rolled out.

The trouble is that this ANN forum is the most popular one and it takes less than 20 minutes of inactivity to fall off the front page. It's not trivial to stay on the front page as you're saying. If this becomes niche and darkcointalk dominates, then we'll be off it 90+% of the time, reducing the number of newcomers. I recommend using both equally.

I think it's important to use both communities. DarkcoinTalk as a dedicated place for Darkcoin specifically, and here because the majority of cryptocurrency users look here first.

I agree. Finding and registering for another forum is a higher barrier than the size of this thread. Experience shows that many people just won't bother.
Alva1885

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 02:05:12 AM

New Darkcoin P2Pool with 1% Poool fee!

Click here to mine Darkcoin now

Web address and front end will be updated soon.  Smiley
eltito

Activity: 322
Merit: 105

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 02:54:55 AM
Last edit: April 22, 2014, 04:07:39 AM by eltito

Keeping Darkcoin on the front page of these forums wouldn't be difficult, but it should be done in a way that this huge cluster of a thread is not the first thing people see.  

Small, concise bites of positive information regarding updates, rollouts, new features, status, etc. on a regular basis.  Hit it hard then drop it.  Show people constant progress with a new headline subject line that they can chew on every week (or every few days or whatever), taking care not to tread into spam territory.  Hammer and reinforce the main tenets of privacy, anonymity, security etc. and why we are different and better than any other coin on offer, in every new thread.  While we're at it, direct as much traffic to darkcointalk as possible.

There is a lot of baggage (and a lot of good info, of course) in this thread.  It's too big and too messy to expect a newcomer to digest.

-Chris

Yes, excellent idea to guide the conversation via changes in the header/title for the week.  Actually, I don't think anyone has ever done that before.  Something like totally obvious, like "this week, what do you see as the pros and cons of anonymity?"  Something that guides the conversation toward why DRK is great "Ways to get storefronts to embrace DRK"  If a subject seems exhausted, we could change it on a daily basis, but always guiding it, and maybe have a suggestion topic thread on Darkcointalk.org Smiley

Right.  "How Darkcoin's DarkSend feature achieves anonymity and why this is superior to xyz method."

I would prefer an entirely new thread for each topic though.  I suspect it would be easier to keep the discussion focused and it would give us a valid reason to hit different forums or subsections (depending on the particular topic) without looking like spam kiddies.

Again,  this is the sort of strategy discussion that should be kept behind closed doors until it's ready to be rolled out.

The trouble is that this ANN forum is the most popular one and it takes less than 20 minutes of inactivity to fall off the front page. It's not trivial to stay on the front page as you're saying. If this becomes niche and darkcointalk dominates, then we'll be off it 90+% of the time, reducing the number of newcomers. I recommend using both equally.

Only way to find out is to put one together and post it I suppose.  Anything else is conjecture.

I think it's important to use both communities. DarkcoinTalk as a dedicated place for Darkcoin specifically, and here because the majority of cryptocurrency users look here first.

I agree. Finding and registering for another forum is a higher barrier than the size of this thread. Experience shows that many people just won't bother.

My first post was what came to mind as I was typing - this idea evolved as the day went on. My suggestion is not that we don't use both communities.  Just the opposite, actually.  Continue to use bitcointalk to generate interest, but in a smarter way.  Hook them here, then reel them in to darkcointalk.

Having said that, bitcointalk cannot be the be the final word in spreading the word if DRK (or crypto in general) is ever to be adopted on a mass scale.  That thinking is way too small.  The idea of making DRK a coin your parents could use is worth further consideration.  If crypto is ever going to be anything more than an obscure novelty for nerds and investors, it must be made dead simple to use without losing any of it's technological edge.  Be the first to figure out how to do that, then pair it with DarkSend and market it well, and we've really got something.
fearcoka
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 03:34:20 AM

Guys take a look at this. Could be a slight edge for "safety" for Darkcoins.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bi2thGzzNSs

Just Nao Tomori and Bitcoin ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
TanteStefana

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

The Future Of Work

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 04:21:24 AM

Guys take a look at this. Could be a slight edge for "safety" for Darkcoins.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bi2thGzzNSs

Wow, that is scary!

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
The Future of Work. Decentralized.
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
HooDude

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 04:23:45 AM

The new logo is making it very geeky and immature. I think we're too old for playing transformers. Aren't we ?

I guess this is what Lims called "modern design". You guys are cute. I'd be interested to know more about the creator esp age and background/situation. That guy have evident 3D skills but it looks so very much.. antisocial. Same goes for the majority of bitcointalk registered members. Typical coders and geeky people aren't so famous for their fashion sense and aethetics, nor necessarily communication experts. But this is really getting caricatural !

The identity choice is bad and I'm not hoping for an improvement from now. I hope Darkcoin anonymity feature will be enough to make it rocking on long term. But it's a risky bet.

Not meant to hurt just the sharp truth. As I've been always successful in my own ventures and tired of BS talking, I wish you guys personnal success. If you can work as much as you like to argue and pretend knowing things, I'm sure this will be easy for you.

Just my 2mil..
Good luck.

Piss off. You proclaimed your "last post" several pages back. Please save your incredible talent for some other venture.
LimLims

Activity: 1204
Merit: 272

1xbit.com

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2014, 04:58:17 AM

The new logo is making it very geeky and immature. I think we're too old for playing transformers. Aren't we ?

I guess this is what Lims called "modern design". You guys are cute. I'd be interested to know more about the creator esp age and background/situation. That guy have evident 3D skills but it looks so very much.. antisocial. Same goes for the majority of bitcointalk registered members. Typical coders and geeky people aren't so famous for their fashion sense and aethetics, nor necessarily communication experts. But this is really getting caricatural !

The identity choice is bad and I'm not hoping for an improvement from now. I hope Darkcoin anonymity feature will be enough to make it rocking on long term. But it's a risky bet.

Not meant to hurt just the sharp truth. As I've been always successful in my own ventures and tired of BS talking, I wish you guys personnal success. If you can work as much as you like to argue and pretend knowing things, I'm sure this will be easy for you.

Just my 2mil..
Good luck.

FWIW the new logo wasn't my first choice (it was chosen by poll), and I would have much preferred a clean, untextured / flat version on the website over the 3d metallic coin. But it's not my decision, so...  Cry

Also, I think your criticism is fair, but delivered poorly.

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████
████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄██
███████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀█████
████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████
██████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀█████████████████
████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
WELCOME BONUS UP TO 7 BTC!
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
BET NOW
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
LimLims

1xbit.com

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2014, 05:03:58 AM

To be frank, I think the whole page needs to be rebuilt from the ground up.  The background especially needs to go.

Agree with you.

ALSO NOTE: Before anyone does too much work writing copy or reworking the website, there has already been a bunch of work done towards this: http://darkcoin.us/io

There is more copy that has been written & not yet uploaded to the development wordpress site. It clearly still needs work (IMO it needs a new WP template by a professional designer, as well as major revisions to the copy), but anyone who is interested in contributing, please contact eduffield / InternetApe first so you're not duplicating work that's already done. Thanks!

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████

████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████
████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀█████████████████
████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
BET NOW
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
louiseth1
Legendary

Activity: 924

Bitfarms.io

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2014, 05:30:57 AM

STATEMENT FROM SUCHPOOL.PW ABOUT DATABASES ISSUES ON 2014-04-19

*NOTE: MINING HAS RESTARTED NOW. Everything that you have mined after the first issue are there, and everything you will mine in the future too.

Dear users,
We lately had two long period of downtimes caused by the databases. Both crashes were related.

At this point, we fully recovered 100% of the data of the second one since we already had put improved backup systems in place.
We have yet to restore the previous balances from the first ~30 hours period, but the values are isolated in what you can see as CREDIT_DUMMY.
We will use the average payout per block you were all getting in that ~30 hour period, and redistribute it faily so everybody will get an amount really close to what they should have.

Please take a look at the statement we posted online, detailing the situation and what has been done to ensure the smallest loss possible.

http://suchpool.pw/docs/statementdb.pdf

If you have any questions, you may contact us at admin@suchpool.pw (Make sure to mention which pool it is about, your username, your deposit address) We will verify and credit what has to be credited if applicable.

Thanks for mining with us!

Bitfarms.io - Powering Blockchains with Sustainable Energy
nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 06:21:02 AM

Is blackcoin going to be a threat to darkcoin and other altcoins?
Im killing myself that i never mined it!

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
dadon
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2014, 07:23:50 AM

nothing special about BLACKCOIN...
patrolman

Activity: 447
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 07:46:44 AM

Is blackcoin going to be a threat to darkcoin and other altcoins?
Im killing myself that i never mined it!

Sure, multipool mining is a nice feature but essentially enriches those who mined in the first week. I don't think the coin itself offers much in terms of innovation.

Proof of Stake
BlackCoin is the first hybrid PoW/PoS altcoin to hit the Proof of Stake only stage. This means BlackCoin is unmineable and new coins will only be created by the Proof of Stake algorithm.

Quote from: TuureKolo
Blackcoin - the first real pyramid scheme coin. Only 10000 blocks and after that only PoS. All PoW coins will be mined on the first week. Unless you start mining on day 1, it's not worth anymore.

http://www.reddit.com/r/scamcoin/comments/1wmury/a_list_of_coins_people_find_suspicious_february/
thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 07:56:03 AM

Wholeheartedly agree.  Love the coin and the logo but the words "THE ONLY PRIVACY-CENTRIC CRYPTOGRAPHIC CURRENCY. DARKCOIN PROVIDES ANONYMOUS TRANSACTIONS WITH A DECENTRALIZED IMPLEMENTATION OF DARKSEND." sound a little too ominous and scary to the mass market.

Even something simple like, "Safe, Secure, and Anonymous for Everyone." might be better.
+1

See my sig. All you need right there.
thelonecrouton
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 07:57:41 AM

Where is the best place to buy (or sell) darkcoin.
I am getting a bit sick of computerised trading programs jumping in front of me at CRYPTSY.

What other exchanges are good?
I like poloniex

+1
Poloniex is much faster, and you get to chuckle at the nuggets in the trollbox, bless them.
dadon
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2014, 07:59:00 AM

im pretty much all in on DRK but another one i have bought into is Noirshares it's very interesting these are the only 2 i will be bothering with for now
thelonecrouton
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 08:06:03 AM

To be frank, I think the whole page needs to be rebuilt from the ground up.  The background especially needs to go.

Agree with you.

ALSO NOTE: Before anyone does too much work writing copy or reworking the website, there has already been a bunch of work done towards this: http://darkcoin.us/io

There is more copy that has been written & not yet uploaded to the development wordpress site. It clearly still needs work (IMO it needs a new WP template by a professional designer, as well as major revisions to the copy), but anyone who is interested in contributing, please contact eduffield / InternetApe first so you're not duplicating work that's already done. Thanks!

This aint bad. Needs some better organisation of the links up top, but I understand it's a WIP.

Regarding "more copy" though, less is more! (At least for first-time eyeballs) Remember we need to reach the masses, keep it simple.

I have come to the conclusion that the whole branding thing is a red herring. DarkCoin for Everyone can happily embrace four hundred and thirty seven different colour schemes and logos, as long as the underlying message remains clear and simple, with focus on ease of use and privacy for all.

thelonecrouton
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 08:12:00 AM

Just my 2mil..
Good luck.

Mate you put some work into your site, you're a do-er, not just a talker, I respect that. Maybe have a look at some of eltito's suggestions and consider how you might continue to help?

KEEP your site up, get the message out, there's no full stop, it's all flux.
LimLims

1xbit.com

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2014, 08:29:35 AM

Regarding "more copy" though, less is more! (At least for first-time eyeballs) Remember we need to reach the masses, keep it simple.

Agreed. Much of the text there needs to be cut down, especially the front page. In fact the front page should be rewritten almost entirely. The "more copy" I was referring to was just the sections that are currently blank, or needing replacement -- some of them have been written but not uploaded. It's all in a spreadsheet that I passed on to Evan.

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
BET NOW
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 08:48:50 AM

Is there a mission statement and a vision statement anywhere?

bump
Pages: « 1 ... 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 [740] 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: