Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:38:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 [735] 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722505 times)
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 03:01:21 PM

*brainstorming*  Cheesy

We call it: Ideation

Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 03:02:06 PM

Give me some examples of functional anarchistic societies that involve more than three hippies living in a commune...

I'm no fan of "the state", but if we can play the system to our advantage at close to zero cost then why not?

In your anarchistic utopia the only currencies that matter will be ammo, water, food, medicine... same as it ever was.

1. Russia
2. China
3. Brussels

what
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 03:03:27 PM

Give me some examples of functional anarchistic societies that involve more than three hippies living in a commune...

I'm no fan of "the state", but if we can play the system to our advantage at close to zero cost then why not?

In your anarchistic utopia the only currencies that matter will be ammo, water, food, medicine... same as it ever was.

1. Russia
2. China
3. Brussels

what

Examples of functional anarchists.
blajde

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

Pre-sale - March 18

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 03:05:42 PM

Combine and conquer

What do you think about working with the other anonymous coins?

We are about to enter into serious competition with them. That will see a them and us feud. That's all well and good, and healthy, in a competitive landscape.

But.

Why don't we join marketing forces to promote anonymity and eCash.  Once the concept is established, we can revert back to a competitive landscape.

This temporary alliance would see ~5 anonymity coins vs. 200 alt-coins.

If we as an alliance could get 50% of the alt-coin supporters switching over, that's $300m split between a small group to kick things off.

I think this is a real application of the Prisoner's Dilemma. If we fight, we all lose; if we cooperate, we all win.

I think that's BS and would only strengthen the other coins and take away marketcap from DRK. The others have nothing compared to DRK.
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 03:09:09 PM

Combine and conquer

What do you think about working with the other anonymous coins?

We are about to enter into serious competition with them. That will see a them and us feud. That's all well and good, and healthy, in a competitive landscape.

But.

Why don't we join marketing forces to promote anonymity and eCash.  Once the concept is established, we can revert back to a competitive landscape.

This temporary alliance would see ~5 anonymity coins vs. 200 alt-coins.

If we as an alliance could get 50% of the alt-coin supporters switching over, that's $300m split between a small group to kick things off.

I think this is a real application of the Prisoner's Dilemma. If we fight, we all lose; if we cooperate, we all win.

I think that's BS and would only strengthen the other coins and take away marketcap from DRK. The others have nothing compared to DRK.

thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 03:09:29 PM

1. Russia
2. China
3. Brussels

what

Examples of functional anarchists.

I think the nurse gave you the wrong pills this morning...  Cheesy
CHAOSiTEC
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 03:13:24 PM

24 Hours Left

3. april 2014 - goin2mars Amount won 32.19458 DRK - txid: ee1e6705d819a9ac05c498105d129001361b8b4ce24dcf4db9e64f187fcf1dd7

This was the last lottery...

Lotteryminning is closing down the pool - we are getting too small, and people seem to only want to mine at the big pools...

The pool will be turned of 22nd of april - Please withdraw your funds.. any funds left on that date will be considered pools property.. and used for happenings at a later date

BUT Smiley

we will return with something completly different, and its going to be awesome...

I would suggest to those still mining at lotterymining.com to start thinking on changing pools, since the fewer miners, the fewer blocks will be found

- CHAOSiTEC

Why not turn over left over funds to the bounty pool? If you are going to keep the funds, then you should be able to keep a tally of who owns how much and be able to return them even after the pool shuts down. But if you turn funds over to the bounty pool, I am sure folks won't be disappointed as much and you won't look greedy Smiley

as i can gather from your lack of knowledge regarding what i wrote regarding the pool funds, i will, for the sake of publicity, and for the sake of those who have not read through all of this thread...

the funds left on the pool when it closes down, will be used, for happenings at a later date, those who have followed this thread for quite some time, know that i have given away coins left and right, in total aprox 18000 coins have been used for different publicity stunts, so i can tell you, that by taking the funds, and using it for other happenings.. i.e. giving it away.. i will still not be greedy, besides we are talking about accounts that hold values below 0.00000x so the total at current state will be aprox 8 drk when those still mining withdraw their coins...

besides, lotterymining.com was 1 of the first pools to actually send funds to the bounty pool

node-vps.com - Tron / Masternode hosting services
eltito

Activity: 322
Merit: 105

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 03:53:02 PM
Last edit: April 21, 2014, 05:32:38 PM by eltito

Just putting this out there in light of Limlims stepping back:

My background is in psychological operations with the US Army, which is um. ..well marketing, in a certain sense.

If it would be useful, I'm willing to take over (or at least contribute to) what he was doing in the interim until we find a pro marketing firm/individual.

Just PM me if I can be of any assistance.

Chuck out some suggestions and proposals mate so we can mull them over. Don't worry about getting anything wrong, you can't hope to compete with me on that! Wink

Seriously the more ideas the better, preferably with some actual plan to implement them.

Off the top of my head:

• Have this thread locked to all but eduffield and internetape, because it's basically a goatfuck at this point.
  • Move all conversation to darkcointalk forums.
  • Stop putting every little thing to a community vote.  Consider community input carefully, but lead.
  • Recruit "inner circle" to float ideas past before they're presented to the community.  Off the cuff comments or ideas from devs or anyone even loosely associated with the devs MUST be carefully vetted before going public from here on out.
  • Contain official discussion pertaining "marketing and branding" either to a closed or heavily moderated thread on darkcointalk.  Stop discussing these things in public until they're better refined and thought out.  Too many cooks in the kitchen - good intentions all, but very few who know what they're talking about.
  • Contain official discussion pertaining to major changes to the coin or anything tertiary (eg foundation, bounties) to a closed thread on darkcointalk.  Present ideas to the community only after thorough vetting.  Stop discussing these things in public until they're better refined and thought out.
  • Designate or recruit specific individuals for specific tasks - stop crowd sourcing.  Nice idea in principle, chaos in practice.
  • Three different types of information campaigning: white (we claim responsibility), gray (responsibility is ambiguous), black (make it appear as though someone else is responsible).  Each of these can be put to extensive use for this coin.  Leave it to your imagination, but this is one reason marketing must be a closed discussion.
  • Identify target audiences, tailor marketing for each, create products, vet, disseminate.
  • Stop kidding yourselves about how this coin will be used.  Without condoning or condemning, engage all potential target audiences.  Tailor marketing accordingly.
  • Stop entertaining new ideas in regards to logos and branding.  The decision has been made.  Own it.  Get it off the goddamn table as the foremost topic of discussion.
Kai Proctor

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

01100100 01100001 01110011 01101000

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 04:04:57 PM

My background is in psychological operations with the US Army, which is um. ..well marketing, in a certain sense.

If it would be useful, I'm willing to take over (or at least contribute to) what he was doing in the interim until we find a pro marketing firm/individual.

Chuck out some suggestions and proposals mate so we can mull them over. Don't worry about getting anything wrong, you can't hope to compete with me on that! Wink

Seriously the more ideas the better, preferably with some actual plan to implement them.

Off the top of my head:

• Have this thread locked to all but eduffield and internetape, because it's basically a goatfuck at this point.
  • Stop putting every little thing to a community vote.  Consider community input carefully, but lead.
  • Recruit "inner circle" to float ideas past before they're presented to the community.  Off the cuff comments or ideas from devs or anyone even loosely associated with the devs MUST be carefully vetted before going public from here on out.
  • Contain official discussion pertaining "marketing and branding" either to a closed or heavily moderated thread on darkcointalk.  Stop discussing these things in public until they're better refined and thought out.  Too many cooks in the kitchen - good intentions all, but very few who know what they're talking about.
  • Contain official discussion pertaining to major changes to the coin or anything tertiary (eg foundation, bounties) to a closed thread on darkcointalk.  Present ideas to the community only after thorough vetting.  Stop discussing these things in public until they're better refined and thought out.
  • Designate specific individuals for specific tasks - stop crowd sourcing.  Nice idea in principle, chaos in practice.
  • Three different types of information campaigning: white (we claim responsibility), gray (responsibility is ambiguous), black (make it appear as though someone else is responsible).  Each of these can be put to extensive use for this coin.  Leave it to your imagination, but this is one reason marketing must be a closed discussion.
  • Identify target audiences, tailor marketing for each, create products, vet, disseminate.
  • Stop kidding yourselves about how this coin will be used.  Without condoning or condemning, engage ALL potential target audiences.  Tailor marketing accordingly.
  • STOP entertaining new ideas in regards to logos and branding.  The decision has been made.  Own it.  Get it off the goddamn table as the foremost discussion topic of discussion.

A military state ...
eltito

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 04:06:38 PM

Off the top of my head:

• Designate specific individuals for specific tasks - stop crowd sourcing.  Nice idea in principle, chaos in practice.
  • Stop kidding yourselves about how this coin will be used.  Without condoning or condemning, engage ALL potential target audiences.  Tailor marketing accordingly.
  • STOP entertaining new ideas in regards to logos and branding.  The decision has been made.  Own it.  Get it off the goddamn table as the foremost discussion topic of discussion.

A military state ...

Basic corporate PR man.  You want serious investors?  Start taking these things seriously and act accordingly.
Kai Proctor

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 04:13:38 PM

Off the top of my head:

A military state ...

Basic corporate PR man.

As long as Darkcoin is not more widely known I don't see the benefit to "exile" ourselves on the dedicated forum. There are far worst threads here in term of content for other coins, and nobody is complaining.
Adam8870

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 04:14:17 PM

Ok, thanks for clarification.
eltito

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 04:20:25 PM

Off the top of my head:

A military state ...

Basic corporate PR man.

As long as Darkcoin is not more widely known I don't see the benefit to "exile" ourselves on the dedicated forum. There are far worst threads here in term of content for other coins, and nobody is complaining.

First, it's plenty widely known.  Look at almost any thread on this forum related to "most promising alt-coins" questions and you'll see Darkcoin in every other response.

Second, if bitcointalk.org is meant to be the primary means of raising awareness of this coin, then it is doomed to death by myopia.
Kai Proctor

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 04:28:24 PM

Off the top of my head:

A military state ...

Basic corporate PR man.

First, it's plenty widely known.  Look at almost any thread on this forum related to "most promising alt-coins" questions and you'll see Darkcoin in every other response.

Second, if bitcointalk.org is meant to be the primary means of raising awareness of this coin, then it is doomed to death by myopia.

Everyday there are people (investors, miners) who don't know a thing about Darkcoin, but learn more and become interested in it by seeing that active thread on bitcointalk.org yes.
HooDude

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 04:30:12 PM

Off the top of my head:

• Designate or recruit specific individuals for specific tasks - stop crowd sourcing.  Nice idea in principle, chaos in practice.
  • Stop kidding yourselves about how this coin will be used.  Without condoning or condemning, engage all potential target audiences.  Tailor marketing accordingly.
  • Stop entertaining new ideas in regards to logos and branding.  The decision has been made.  Own it.  Get it off the goddamn table as the foremost discussion topic of discussion.

I completely agree!
LimLims

Activity: 1204
Merit: 272

1xbit.com

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2014, 04:34:32 PM

My 2 duffs on protecting Darkcoin / DarkSend IP:

Really Bad Idea.

Other than it being impossible to enforce, it also goes against the ideological foundation of distributed currencies. Keep it free & open, everyone wins, and we don't end up looking like the bad guy. In fact, trying something like that would likely be painting a big target on us for hacker & anti-authoritarian types.

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████
████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄██
███████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀█████
████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████
██████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀█████████████████
████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
WELCOME BONUS UP TO 7 BTC!
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
BET NOW
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
Simcom

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 04:36:52 PM

Everyday they are people (investors, miners) who don't know a thing about Darkcoin, but learn more and become interested in it by seeing that active thread on bitcointalk.org yes.

+1, the more active this thread is the better IMO.  On the other hand I somewhat agree that certain marketing, PR, logo, bad idea proposals - should probably be moved to darkcointalk.org or some other more private venue, at least initially.   Grin
eltito

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 04:38:36 PM

Off the top of my head:

A military state ...

Basic corporate PR man.

First, it's plenty widely known.  Look at almost any thread on this forum related to "most promising alt-coins" questions and you'll see Darkcoin in every other response.

Everyday there are people (investors, miners) who don't know a thing about Darkcoin, but learn more and become interested in it by seeing that active thread on bitcointalk.org yes.

So continue using it for announcements to keep it bumped and funnel traffic to darkcointalk.
eltito

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 04:39:15 PM

My 2 duffs on protecting Darkcoin / DarkSend IP:

Really Bad Idea.

Other than it being impossible to enforce, it also goes against the ideological foundation of distributed currencies. Keep it free & open, everyone wins, and we don't end up looking like the bad guy. In fact, trying something like that would likely be painting a big target on us for hacker & anti-authoritarian types.

Agree.  Totally impossible to enforce.  Don't waste the time.
eltito

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 04:40:30 PM

Off the top of my head:

• Stop entertaining new ideas in regards to logos and branding.  The decision has been made.  Own it.  Get it off the goddamn table as the foremost discussion topic of discussion.

A couple things to add:

• Conduct target audience analyses to determine how to shape marketing.  Do we have any quantifiable information on how people actually intend to use DRK in the real world?  How can we have any clue where to target marketing without this sort of data?
  • Aim to be the first alt-coin that my parents or grandmother could potentially use on a regular basis.  You all know how to acquire and spend DRK.  Do your parents?  Your grandparents?
  • To that end, consider ways to simplify acquisition and usage.  My parents couldn't tell you how acquire DRK, but they sure as hell know how to use PayPal and credit cards online.  Foundation, chaositec, chaeplin - business opportunity?
  • DRK is worthless right now in the real world.  All of its value hinges on speculation.  Either launch a campaign to get businesses to accept it, or explore ways to facilitate DRK usage (some sort of escrow, perhaps) to buy real goods.  Hell, who wants to go into the dildo business with me?

-Chris
Pages: « 1 ... 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 [735] 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: