Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 07:06:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 [878] 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722553 times)
TanteStefana

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

The Future Of Work

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 06:37:03 AM

This is kinda silly. 40,000DRK is not even a drop in the bucket and isn't having this value feedback loop you speak of. I hold more DRK than that all by myself...

It's really a way of making a Proof of Stake into a Proof of Service. Proof of Stake is worthless, it only encourages people to hoard, not use it as a currency. It doesn't spread out, it doesn't change hands. Masternodes are a round-about (and perfectly so) way of transforming Proof of Stake into Proof of Service for the network instead of just sitting there in a wallet... It adds massive value to DRK by requiring that a stakeholder actually DO something for the network to get feedback income on that stake. That something/service being support of a trustless anonymity function that no other crypto has.

Yes, but the point there is that 40 people are running Masternodes right now, without even getting paid, me being one of them, and I'm paying a server to do it.  And we're doing this because we're gung ho about Darkcoin.  This is a strong indicator that once the masternodes start getting paid, many more will start running them and we will have a strong secondary network to support all kinds of things, including Darksend (and many other things)

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
The Future of Work. Decentralized.
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 06:40:44 AM

Any ideas why this thread seems so quiet lately?  Also, has anyone been able to update their masternode?  I've been trying but get this error when I try to start my masternode:

error: {"code":-1,"message":"masternode list|count|current> passphrase\n"}
ubuntu@ip-172-31-9-169:~$ error: {"code":-1,"message":"masternode list|count|current> passphrase\n"}

Strange reaction to a big new development!  I myself am doing so much running around for my kids, I pop in when I sit for a minute, then leave 'cause I've got to go do something else!  Now it's time for bed ;P

Helping nephew with his thesis project tomorrow, so won't be around again.  Hope we get more info from Evan by the time I get back!

It looks like you are not running the RC2 version of the wallet.

I am.  I tried both the pre-compiled version and my own compiled version.  Is there a new start command?  As you can see, the command "start" isn't listed there.  Another person from darkcointalk.org also has the same problem and nobody has confirmed that they've got theirs up and running that I've seen???

FYI, currently you CANT compile your own version. Its not opensourced yet. You MUST use the precompiled version, the correct one at: http://darkcoin.io/beta.php

What in the world is it that is linked here:
https://darkcointalk.org/threads/rc2-hard-fork-on-may-14th.357/#post-2698 Huh

I think today's announcement has confused more people than just myself.  Please look into it Smiley  Thanks Kyle!

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
camosoul

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2014, 06:42:52 AM

This is kinda silly. 40,000DRK is not even a drop in the bucket and isn't having this value feedback loop you speak of. I hold more DRK than that all by myself...

It's really a way of making a Proof of Stake into a Proof of Service. Proof of Stake is worthless, it only encourages people to hoard, not use it as a currency. It doesn't spread out, it doesn't change hands. Masternodes are a round-about (and perfectly so) way of transforming Proof of Stake into Proof of Service for the network instead of just sitting there in a wallet... It adds massive value to DRK by requiring that a stakeholder actually DO something for the network to get feedback income on that stake. That something/service being support of a trustless anonymity function that no other crypto has.

Yes, but the point there is that 40 people are running Masternodes right now, without even getting paid, me being one of them, and I'm paying a server to do it.  And we're doing this because we're gung ho about Darkcoin.  This is a strong indicator that once the masternodes start getting paid, many more will start running them and we will have a strong secondary network to support all kinds of things, including Darksend (and many other things)

Absolutely, I agree. I'm paying for a server right now and I'm not even using it because I haven't had the time to go hardening it up properly. Not an Amazon Image. Tried that, went badly... I've got a cool place that set me up with a $6/mo/700GB pipe VM. I've got a few pizza boxes just sitting here I could host and set up a dozen of my own VM masternodes. I just want to get it right before I put 12 of them out there...

.OROCOIN.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
InternetApe

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2014, 06:50:52 AM

Any ideas why this thread seems so quiet lately?  Also, has anyone been able to update their masternode?  I've been trying but get this error when I try to start my masternode:

error: {"code":-1,"message":"masternode list|count|current> passphrase\n"}
ubuntu@ip-172-31-9-169:~$ error: {"code":-1,"message":"masternode list|count|current> passphrase\n"}

Strange reaction to a big new development!  I myself am doing so much running around for my kids, I pop in when I sit for a minute, then leave 'cause I've got to go do something else!  Now it's time for bed ;P

Helping nephew with his thesis project tomorrow, so won't be around again.  Hope we get more info from Evan by the time I get back!

It looks like you are not running the RC2 version of the wallet.

I am.  I tried both the pre-compiled version and my own compiled version.  Is there a new start command?  As you can see, the command "start" isn't listed there.  Another person from darkcointalk.org also has the same problem and nobody has confirmed that they've got theirs up and running that I've seen???

FYI, currently you CANT compile your own version. Its not opensourced yet. You MUST use the precompiled version, the correct one at: http://darkcoin.io/beta.php

What in the world is it that is linked here:
https://darkcointalk.org/threads/rc2-hard-fork-on-may-14th.357/#post-2698 Huh

I think today's announcement has confused more people than just myself.  Please look into it Smiley  Thanks Kyle!

I have fixed the links they were not pointed to the RC2 executables. I will flog Evan tomorrow. Tongue

DarkCoin - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615 - DarkCoin aims to be the first privacy-centric cryptographic currency with fully encrypted transactions and anonymous block transactions.
TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 06:54:06 AM
Last edit: May 02, 2014, 07:11:22 AM by TanteStefana

I have fixed the links they were not pointed to the RC2 executables. I will flog Evan tomorrow. Tongue

Ah, thank you Smiley  Please don't hurt him too much, we need him  Grin  Make sure he's not stressing too much either! Tongue

And that goes for you too!  Have a great weekend, I'm going to be out of the house all day tomorrow to help my nephew with his project, he graduates in a couple of weeks!  Yaaay!  Good kid!

One more thing, Kyle, I updated the first post in google docs with the new info, if you or Evan can take a quick look and post it.  Thanks Smiley

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 07:21:53 AM

I've taken in suggestions about images, colours, etc.

What do we think of this? http://darkcoinsample.hostoi.com/

very good. less about dark wallet type money laundering and more about privacy in financial transactions.

One thing.

please use the terminology - eCash somewhere.

bump
bensam123

Activity: 423
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 08:05:19 AM

Hey guys, I could use some help. I'm currently mining with some 280xs and 7970s, but I'm not getting close to the 2-2.2Mhs people are talking about. I'm getting about 1.79Mhs. I've tried it on a few systems and I've messed with my bat file to no avail.

Code:

timeout /t 30
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
sgminer -k darkcoin -I 13 --thread-concurrency 8192 -g 2 -o stratum+tcp://stratum2.suchpool.pw:3335 -u 1 -p 1

I've tried changing to g 1 and a higher intensity, w 256, shaders 2048, I tried different pools, nothing seems to make it budge. I turned up the OC from 1040/1500 to 1080, but that only made it move about 40... about as much as it does when I mine scrypt. The above settings work fine when I'm mining scrypt as well and they seem to be what everyone else is using.

I'm also using the latest version of sph-sgminer from: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=475795.0;all

I really don't know what else to try.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2014, 08:06:04 AM

I think there is good long term aspect of this coin being dark.
You mean because it is called darkcoin?

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
GhostPlayer
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 08:24:10 AM
Last edit: May 02, 2014, 08:36:03 AM by GhostPlayer

Well, to me eCash sounds corporate and 90's terminology. Beside, credit card/web banking/paypal etc is also eCash.

Anyone even taking 2 seconds to read Darkcoin will certainly know Bitcoin, so no need IMHO. More so if you're actually going to use it - the concept of pv/pub keys, block chain etc. This is targeted to anyone, but also a specific group of people who absolutely need privacy. Everyone else will be happy with BTC, and not for long, LTC.

What is needed though, is a simple simple brainless paragraph explaining how this is the SINGLE and ONLY coin to build upon bitcoin's ideology. Meaning, its the first and only coin to actually do something useful for those in need to use cryptographic currency!

See, cryptographic, just that name to the general population, means "wow! secret! complicated!" - those in the know, already know, so will skip straight to "download"

It would be good not to make it sound/look too subversive. I am NOT a person to judge, some of life's most important lessons I've learnt came from people I would have stereotyped as "hippy freak druggy" - that is not the issue here - but Amir from DarkWallet and DarkMarket, along their marketing campaign, will not get far. Here is why.

- Amir Taaki does look like a typical trance druggy freak, highly anti-establishment, tense and condescending tone. One thing is a hippy S.Jobs rambling about making colourful PCs for colourful people, the other is a hippy Taaki building "dark subversive anti-government" tools and pitch it to the financial people. If you had a 1 millions to move, would you trust this?

- Dwallet and DMarket are being pushed by devs using anti-establishment propaganda (not that its not true though what they say). Just paints a big red bullseye on their back.

- unSystem videos/marketing/interviews use the SAME fear mongering techniques as central government, this I do not like at all.

So in essence, consider this... DarkCoin is going to be associated with them, like it or not. It already is!

So the text must employ positive and empowering words, like freedom, privacy, private (is NOT anonymous) and anonymous. Make people feel empowered, for ex, - check out this net line, full of neurolinguistic-programming, cryptographically encoded into it Grin

"Darkcoin allows you the freedom to be completely anonymous using our open-source technology called DarkSend. Be in charge of your own privacy. No need to trust a 3rd party anymore. - click here for a full tech explanation"

Open, light, empowering, positive, light, transparent, welcoming.... not "Dark" at all... if you get my meaning.

Darkwallet = Darth Vader

Darkcoin = Batman

And Amir, if your reading this, sorry dude, mean no offence! Just looking through the lens of the brainless judging majority! Power to to unSystem! We need more folk like you guys, and f*ckin´hats off for pulling out DarMarket in a few hours at a hackathon!
GhostPlayer
Legendary

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 08:26:26 AM

Hey guys, I could use some help. I'm currently mining with some 280xs and 7970s, but I'm not getting close to the 2-2.2Mhs people are talking about. I'm getting about 1.79Mhs. I've tried it on a few systems and I've messed with my bat file to no avail.

Code:

timeout /t 30
sgminer -k darkcoin -I 13 --thread-concurrency 8192 -g 2 -o stratum+tcp://stratum2.suchpool.pw:3335 -u 1 -p 1

I've tried changing to g 1 and a higher intensity, w 256, shaders 2048, I tried different pools, nothing seems to make it budge. I turned up the OC from 1040/1500 to 1080, but that only made it move about 40... about as much as it does when I mine scrypt. The above settings work fine when I'm mining scrypt as well and they seem to be what everyone else is using.

I'm also using the latest version of sph-sgminer from: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=475795.0;all

What brand? I have 280x Vapor-x's ... my mind flew out the window when I started up'ing -I ... I-19 on pools and I-18 on p2pool. w-128
Completely different settings than scrypt.
bensam123

Activity: 423

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 08:44:04 AM

Code:

timeout /t 30

What brand? I have 280x Vapor-x's ... my mind flew out the window when I started up'ing -I ... I-19 on pools and I-18 on p2pool. w-128

I have a few different ones, but that's on a Asus. I'm experimenting with -g 1 and -I 22, which seems to be all I can do before it locks up, but it's better. I'll try the -w 128. It seems a lot of the 'tweaked' settings I've seen use normal scrypt settings for some reason.
chompyZ

Activity: 291

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 08:53:15 AM

I saw that Moolah has a plugin with which you can pay in BTC. It's called Digipay.
I wonder how many users use it.
My estimation - very few.
If so, that would be a very negative indicator for Dark Wallet as it is also a browser plugin.

My 2cents.
salmion

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 08:56:06 AM

Where can i find new wallet for mac?

+1 new mac wallet link doesn't work (including the updated links)
nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 09:05:36 AM

sorry
- but that light blue in the top bar just does NOT work !!!! (why don't you stick to the grey you used before and expand the font a bit ?)
- your picture (word map) in the first edit was so much better (as we are all global)
- FIRST is way too big and looks like a title
why don't use
DARKCOIN
the first anonymous digital currency
This is totally loosing the nice darkness and mystery (what DRK needs) …..>>

I really think the logo should have stayed black, the whole blue thing doesnt look very "dark" to me.

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2014, 09:15:57 AM

This is targeted to anyone, but also a specific group of people who absolutely need privacy.

Privacy is a human right. DarkCoin gives it to you, whether your government, or nosy neighbors, would "allow" you to have it or not.

What is needed though, is a simple simple brainless paragraph explaining how this is the SINGLE and ONLY coin to build upon bitcoin's ideology.

I'm not so sure this is useful. Not that it's untrue, but that every shitcoin out there is beginning to push this line whether it's true or not. It' falls on deaf ears. Simply put, unless you dig deeper and grow a brain, you're never going to know the difference between false claims and the truth. A brain-dead paragraph, sentence, novel, etc, isn't going to help. Brain dead is the problem. Everyone is claiming it. There's only one way to prove it and it's the opposite of brain-dead.

Amir Taaki does look like a typical trance druggy freak, highly anti-establishment, tense and condescending tone. One thing is a hippy S.Jobs rambling about making colourful PCs for colourful people, the other is a hippy Taaki building "dark subversive anti-government" tools and pitch it to the financial people. If you had a 1 millions to move, would you trust this?

Dwallet and DMarket are being pushed by devs using anti-establishment propaganda (not that its not true though what they say). Just paints a big red bullseye on their back.

Anti-establishment is the norm for intelligent people. IT's not "propaganda," it's common sense for anyone who's paying attention to how out of control government and it's sycophants are.

So the text must employ positive and empowering words, like freedom, privacy, private (is NOT anonymous) and anonymous. Make people feel empowered, for ex, - check out this net line, full of neurolinguistic-programming, cryptographically encoded into it Grin

You're beginning to forget your own way... Couldn't agree more that this is about empowerment, but you can't be afraid to mention what you're empowering people against. You can't be so afraid of sounding like a hippy or a conspiracy-theorist that you forget that these things really are at the root of it. Freedom, individuality, life, liberty, the pursuit of happiness, basic human rights. To be anti-establishment is to be on the fringe, by definition. The establishment is about enslavement, hate, taking everything you've got, conformity, no individual, and by proxy, no individual rights.

I'd rather a weirdo be in charge than the domination and sadistic control that calls itself normal.

Darkwallet = Darth Vader

Darkcoin = Batman

We don't need to sling mud, only speak the truth. Clever, but ultimately not uplifting and empowering.

I find your perspective conflicted. In one breath you speak of "power to the people" and then you immediately forget what that is and you're so afraid of "looking bad" that you're afraid to tell it like it is... You remind me of myself 8 years ago. Catching that glimmer, but not knowing it well enough to speak out, still timid and unsure, falling back on slinging mud at "the other guy" even though you know it's not right...

Free Will. Let them all go in their own direction, and see the good in the parts that make sense. DarkWallet is a band-aid if it is all it claims to be. I think it's not... It looks like a psy-op to me... Like all those people hired to act like idiots in the name of making a certain cause look bad that you see on TV. Most protesters are not really protesters...

.OROCOIN.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
mannie

Activity: 168

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 10:50:59 AM

sorry
- but that light blue in the top bar just does NOT work !!!! (why don't you stick to the grey you used before and expand the font a bit ?)
- your picture (word map) in the first edit was so much better (as we are all global)
- FIRST is way too big and looks like a title
why don't use
DARKCOIN
the first anonymous digital currency
This is totally loosing the nice darkness and mystery (what DRK needs) …..>>

I really think the logo should have stayed black, the whole blue thing doesnt look very "dark" to me.

I've been busy. Just looked and woosh so many comments, which is great, but I'm a bit confused about how to proceed. There are a lot of competing views. It's to be expected but makes it a bit hard to get anywhere. I guess I'll go through it again and try to find where the consensus lies.
z92747392

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 10:53:40 AM

Code:

timeout /t 30

I have a few different ones, but that's on a Asus. I'm experimenting with -g 1 and -I 22, which seems to be all I can do before it locks up, but it's better. I'll try the -w 128. It seems a lot of the 'tweaked' settings I've seen use normal scrypt settings for some reason.

Look at my post on April 14th (page 716 I believe), I put my 280x config up there.  Hums nicely at 2.3mh. Apologies for not reposting, im on mobile.
GhostPlayer
Legendary

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 10:57:02 AM
Last edit: May 02, 2014, 11:11:35 AM by GhostPlayer

Well, I have to agree with most of what you said. No point in tickling this or that, but in general, yes good points.

What I meant was, there is a difference between the urgent and highly needed anti-establishment tools vs. developing those tools and promoting them in a way that attracts the vast majority who do not dwell on such matters - and ends up playing against the core principle. Add a rogue hippy outspoken dev, and the media will have a blast. Just one legal issue/arrest, and the legitimacy of DarkWallet and Darksend will be compromised and re-branded "Silk Road 3.0". Now, for what its worth, Amir can even be a silent genius, but the mere fact darkwallet is centralised highly suggests otherwise. Speed freak (pun intended) coder, no doubt.

For example... Those who treasure their privacy actively look for means to attain it. Those who have no clue have to be hand fed for their own benefit.

I see Darkcoin going huge because people who actually want to move large sums anonymously, don't give give a crap about the "marketing" mumbo-jumbo. And IMHO, they are the target audience right now, until crypto become more mainstream, and DRK can be used not-anonymously for daily transactions. Until then, BTC/LTC will rule for that. If DRK can harness, as it will, a large market cap because large money get transferred, then DRK can transition into a more mainstream position.

I see darkwallet and darkmarket creating propaganda against the propagandists. People who are highly active in such community, are certainly not the ones who will use it the most.

Those who will use DarkSend, and I'm not talking daily merchant micro-transactions or mid tier transfers... they will skip right to the technical assurance of the anonymity.

BUT... without doubt, it is utterly important to create awareness to the unsuspecting crypto user.

All in all, DarkWallet and DarkMarket look like gateways for illegal activity, while its not! But it WILL be perceived as that, and the media will roll all over them comparing to Silk Road.

This can either play in great favour, or strongly against, Darkcoin and Darksend. Right now against, as its being promoted on Coindesk, it is out there now, and most will confuse Dark/coin/send/wallet/market for a while - This is going to harm DRK'price, but ultimately only empower the core investors and devs in the long run - if we play our cards right in detaching the association.

That is why I propose anchoring Darkcoin with an open, friendly, clear and dare I say ..."light image".
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2014, 11:00:35 AM

Waiting for confirmations on Cryptsy before I buy in.  Cool

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
N[e]wBie

Activity: 163

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 11:02:07 AM

btc darkwallet alpha hurting darkcoin price?

BTC: 1ESZr887vTZqYtDuwwspn1jBaoRU9jMcv1
Pages: « 1 ... 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 [878] 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: