Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:39:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2387 2388 2389 2390 2391 2392 2393 2394 2395 2396 2397 2398 2399 2400 2401 2402 2403 2404 2405 2406 2407 2408 2409 2410 2411 2412 2413 2414 2415 2416 2417 2418 2419 2420 2421 2422 2423 2424 2425 2426 2427 2428 2429 2430 2431 2432 2433 2434 2435 2436 [2437] 2438 2439 2440 2441 2442 2443 2444 2445 2446 2447 2448 2449 2450 2451 2452 2453 2454 2455 2456 2457 2458 2459 2460 2461 2462 2463 2464 2465 2466 2467 2468 2469 2470 2471 2472 2473 2474 2475 2476 2477 2478 2479 2480 2481 2482 2483 2484 2485 2486 2487 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722508 times)
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 10:01:52 PM

Litecoin is old money. They don't go away just like that. If Darkcoin were a finished product 2-3 months ago, Litecoin would have been toppled by now. Unfortunately people took advantage of the very few negative points Darkcoin had and came up with all the *Send/Pseudonomous coins to split up the market in the interim.

Bitcoin was 20-30 years in the thinking, and 5 years in the making.

We've been here for a fraction of that overall time, and just in time for eCash to become tantalisingly close. You can almost smell and taste the financial liberation.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 10:05:08 PM

This IPVanish masks your IP by placing you behind a VPN of which you can select from several locations worldwide to use

Just wanted to note, that by using any VPN you're deliberately putting yourself in a man-in-the-middle attack type of situation and the usage of non-HTTPS sites and non-SSL/TLS services should be highly discouraged! Also you're deliberately rendering any kind of firewalling that your local network provides ineffective and are potentially opening up your entire LAN to the world!

found an interesting link that goes into more details about most of yr reply : http://www.cisco.com/web/about/security/intelligence/05_08_SSL-VPN-Security.html

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 10:07:53 PM

Bitcoin was 20-30 years in the thinking, and 5 years in the making.

We've been here for a fraction of that overall time, and just in time for eCash to become tantalisingly close. You can almost smell and taste the financial liberation.

Yes, and by using Bitcoin as the foundation for Darkcoin, we inherit that time.  That's what open source is all about.  But not everyone is capable of taking a great foundation and running it to another plane.  Some have raised their coin to another plane, but Evan has raised Darkcoin to a plane in the stratosphere.  Sure, many are running to keep up, but Darkcoin will always be ahead.  And from the foundations of Darkcoin will come many side branches with nothing to offer, as was true for Bitcoin, but maybe someone will take it somewhere even better.  But I suspect Darkcoin has so much room for innovation, and such a great team, that it will be an industry leader well into this century... meaning well past mid century. 

Yah, I know you all think I'm silly or nuts, but mark my words Cheesy

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 10:09:01 PM

RC4 is almost upon us and we prepare to liberate the world.

The Litecoin should be in no doubt that we are his nemesis and that we are bringing about his rightful destruction.

The ones who wish to fight, well, we aim to please.

Our business now is North; to the moon.

I'm getting close enough to having something worth putting on a T-Shirt.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2014, 10:09:17 PM

This IPVanish masks your IP by placing you behind a VPN of which you can select from several locations worldwide to use

Just wanted to note, that by using any VPN you're deliberately putting yourself in a man-in-the-middle attack type of situation and the usage of non-HTTPS sites and non-SSL/TLS services should be highly discouraged! Also you're deliberately rendering any kind of firewalling that your local network provides ineffective and are potentially opening up your entire LAN to the world!
A paranoid fellow aren't you?
The right kind of VPN is the best solution that there is.
The MN number has started to increase by a lower rate now.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 10:16:04 PM

BTW, because of Kristov Atlas's comment on one of his last youtubes, I started reading Atlas Shrugs (did Kristov change his name due to this?)  Anyway, it's kept me up last week, way too many nights LOL.  I've read Ayn Rand, but never this book.  I don't agree with her 100%, but this book is fun, and makes a point.  A bit of a blunt point, but that's ok Smiley

So, um, book recommendation.  Atlas Shrugged.  Oh, combine that with that video someone posted (Post again?) of where money comes from.  It's enough to really shove a person to the libertarian side, LOL.  You guys are so stimulating!

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
shojayxt
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 10:18:31 PM

I know I may be infamous/hated utterly on this thread, lol. But I have to say, I am extremely impressed by Evan's coding skills and the work he has done so far on Darkcoin, coding/development wise.

Don't flatter yourself.  You've been demoted.
hartvercoint

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 10:19:24 PM

A paranoid fellow aren't you?
The right kind of VPN is the best solution that there is.

That's a very very general statement.

I'm not being paranoid, I'm stating technical facts that should be considered. You're basically unfirewalling your network by using a VPN improperly!

VPNs don't do anything for you per-se. The difference is that on a VPN the entity you need to trust is the VPN provider rather than your ISP. I don't see how that's any better or different in terms of security or privacy.

Calling me paranoid for stating that just shows your lack of knowledge about the matter.
tifozi

Activity: 742
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 10:26:00 PM

BTW, because of Kristov Atlas's comment on one of his last youtubes, I started reading Atlas Shrugs (did Kristov change his name due to this?)  Anyway, it's kept me up last week, way too many nights LOL.  I've read Ayn Rand, but never this book.  I don't agree with her 100%, but this book is fun, and makes a point.  A bit of a blunt point, but that's ok Smiley

So, um, book recommendation.  Atlas Shrugged.  Oh, combine that with that video someone posted (Post again?) of where money comes from.  It's enough to really shove a person to the libertarian side, LOL.  You guys are so stimulating!

When you are done with Atlas Shrugged, get The Fountainhead. Another masterpiece.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2014, 10:28:14 PM

I'm not being paranoid, I'm stating technical facts that should be considered. You're basically unfirewalling your network by using a VPN improperly!

VPNs don't do anything for you per-se. The difference is that on a VPN the entity you need to trust is the VPN provider rather than your ISP. I don't see how that's any better or different in terms of security or privacy.

Calling me paranoid for stating that just shows your lack of knowledge about the matter.
Nope. There are VPNs that do not hold any logs and such, after all the forum is sponsored by a good VPN is it not?
You're paranoid, my knowledge is okay (P.S. Your ISP sees this  Cheesy) . Relax, we are going off topic, enough of this.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 10:29:22 PM

Need Darkcoin more and more

The vulnerability we will be disclosing is specific to I2P. I2P currently boasts about 30,000 active peers. Since I2P has been bundled with Tails since version 0.7, Tails is by far the most widely adopted I2P usage. The I2P vulnerability works on default, fully patched installation of Tails. No settings or configurations need to be changed for the exploit to work.

Timeline
0:00:00,000 –> 0:00:10,400: Demonstrating IP on listening server, Turning on listening server
0:00:19,000 –> 0:00:25,400: Tails user visiting website icanhazip.com which shows the anonymized IP address
0:00:36,000 –> 0:00:49,400: Showing that we’re indeed using the latest Tails build 1.1
0:00:50,000 –> 0:01:03,400: I2P address being resolved, proof of concept malicious payload being delivered
0:01:30,000 –> 0:01:40,400: Listening server retrieves the Tails user’s de-anonymized IP address (Austin RoadRunner ISP)

http://blog.exodusintel.com/2014/07/23/silverbullets_and_fairytails/

Indeed we do, and a way to deal with IP tracking.
sin242

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 10:30:31 PM

So they don't care about privacy of their users financial transactions, and don't mind letting the Litecoin users reveal their exact identity on the inter web?

As I've brought it up and this seems to be a common misunderstanding: The world wide web aka "the web" (meaning actual web sites) does not equal "the internet" but is actually a service built on top of the internet which is merely a medium rather than something that you can interact with. Any cryptocurrency is not built on top of "the web" but on top of the internet. So it actually co-exists independently from the web and thus you can't reveal your identity on "the web" via any kind of coin.

This might seem like splitting hairs but I really can't help it right now. I find it frustrating that even people here know so little about the beauty of a system like the internet. Yes, I'm a geek.  Cheesy

Yer talkin' about that fancy intergoogle thing thur, right?

Dark:  Xk9BoVerBd41JCjWQEhnxoowP7YNUK439z
BTC:  1JzPN2h8WGSi7kQeY5wuP4PjVD2hxkHJQM
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 10:40:06 PM

From discussion of the newly-proposed NY law for crypto:

"One particularly controversial aspect of the law appears to ban the creation of any new cryptocurrency by an unlicensed entity. This would not only put a stop to virtual currency innovation (other Bitcoin-like monies include Litecoin, Peercoin, and the mostly satirical Dogecoin) but could theoretically put Bitcoin’s anonymous creator, known by the name Satoshi Nakamoto, in danger of prosecution if he failed to apply for a BitLicense." (Plenty more. It's not pretty)

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=699600.msg7915278#msg7915278

Implications for DRK?

I think there is sufficient room for interpretation around this aspect to make the regulations unhelpful.

The section that is relevant is

section 200.2

(n) Virtual Currency Business Activity means the conduct of any one of the following types of activities
involving New York or a New York Resident:

(1) receiving Virtual Currency for transmission or transmitting the same;
(2) securing, storing, holding, or maintaining custody or control of Virtual Currency on behalf of others;
(3) buying and selling Virtual Currency as a customer business;
(4) performing retail conversion services, including the conversion or exchange of Fiat Currency or
other value into Virtual Currency, the conversion or exchange of Virtual Currency into Fiat Currency or other
value, or the conversion or exchange of one form of Virtual Currency into another form of Virtual Currency; or
(5) controlling, administering, or issuing a Virtual Currency.

If the creators or the administrators carry out their 'conduct' in New York or involve a NY resident, then it is clear cut that issuing or administrating code, e.g. uploading crypto code to github for distribution, would require registration as a business.

The difficulties are:

1. What is the business that a coin issuer or administrator conducts, especially if they do their work for free?
2. Do individual volunteers have to register as individual businesses?
3. What if you issue a coin in Japan, yet someone living in NY contributes a few lines of code?

What is very unclear is whether someone living in Arizona would be considered as requiring registration in NY as a business if someone in NY acting as a consumer simply uses a currency. I doubt it.  Terms of reference in this section talk of 'conduct' i.e. carrying out activity relative to 'controlling, administering or issuing.'

Regulatory licences for any type of existing activities typically target a control test. They try to make businesses disclose sufficient information to identify those who ultimately might indirectly control a business, e.g significant shareholders (who may not be employees or officers; they may be acting through other businesses or from overseas).

Those that release a coin or contribute code to it might be consider as having some control. That remains true until a coin becomes sufficiently decentralised that new code releases could be forked and rejected by a sufficient number of clients.

How does this impact on DRK? It doesn't. It might if these regulations were adopted by Arizona or by the Federal government.

Is Satoshi under threat? Not likely. He doesn't control Bitcoin. However, if the regulations extended their definition of control to include those with a significant holding of a virtual currency, that could be challenged in the courts, but it is sufficiently grey that it could go either way.

Do significant holders of the global gold or diamond reserves have to disclose who they are? If someone accumulated significant cash and stored it under their house, would they need to disclose themselves?

With Darkcoin going anon, how can anyone prove how much eCash a DRK holder has? They can't. Whereas with Bitcoin they can. That is a good enough reason to go DRK as a hedge as anyone with any significant amounts of Bitcoin or Litecoin really needs.

Like I said before:

* You sold your eCash, when you should have hodl your eCash. ha ha.

* To da moon.

This is one for the US State regulators.

Pushing for such regulations will push Bitcoin out of the USA. That was not the intention, but it is the unintended consequence from the scope of this first beta release draft regulations.  That is why the price of Bitcoin is dropping.

If you push Bitcoin out of the USA, and make it difficult for US users to access Bitcoin without fear of penalty, lets face it Crypto has no real borders, than all you are doing is encouraging crypto currencies to develop new features.

Features such as IP Obfuscation which allows users to transact outside of the USA without you knowing.

Drive miners, code developers, exchanges out of the USA, but allow the users to buy goods with crypto, and you effectively offshore the business aspect of crypto, encourage users to access anon payment tools so they can buy / sell bitcoin in countries that are welcoming of Bitcoin, but encourage them to bring the coins back to the USA to buy stuff with. Huh

You're not regulating anything at that point. You're just facilitating the demand for anon payment tools.
novaboy2k

Activity: 294

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 10:49:55 PM

Need Darkcoin more and more

The vulnerability we will be disclosing is specific to I2P. I2P currently boasts about 30,000 active peers. Since I2P has been bundled with Tails since version 0.7, Tails is by far the most widely adopted I2P usage. The I2P vulnerability works on default, fully patched installation of Tails. No settings or configurations need to be changed for the exploit to work.

Timeline
0:00:00,000 –> 0:00:10,400: Demonstrating IP on listening server, Turning on listening server
0:00:19,000 –> 0:00:25,400: Tails user visiting website icanhazip.com which shows the anonymized IP address
0:00:36,000 –> 0:00:49,400: Showing that we’re indeed using the latest Tails build 1.1
0:00:50,000 –> 0:01:03,400: I2P address being resolved, proof of concept malicious payload being delivered
0:01:30,000 –> 0:01:40,400: Listening server retrieves the Tails user’s de-anonymized IP address (Austin RoadRunner ISP)

http://blog.exodusintel.com/2014/07/23/silverbullets_and_fairytails/

Indeed we do, and a way to deal with IP tracking.

Anonymity is a real world need and want.

http://www.theguardian.com/business/2014/jul/29/ubs-deutsche-bank-questioned-dark-pool-trading

Darkcoin, the only fungible crypto currency.
hartvercoint

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 10:50:57 PM

Nope. There are VPNs that do not hold any logs and such, after all the forum is sponsored by a good VPN is it not?
You're paranoid, my knowledge is okay (P.S. Your ISP sees this  Cheesy) . Relax, we are going off topic, enough of this.

There are VPN providers that claim not to do that. Doesn't change the fact that you need to trust them.
I'm not claiming that everyone has bad intentions but that VPN isn't the holy grail of connecting to the internet and has weaknesses you have to be aware of. Nothing worse than a false sense of security.
stealth923
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 10:52:13 PM

And this is just another reason why this coin will succeed:
  • Darksend+ technology which has over 6 months of development and been written from the ground up to evolve previous solutions, this is how you get better, you try, and try again until you succeed. Success very rarely happens on the first go
  • Professional solution explanations with diagrams to clearly how the proposed solutions will work
  • Full transparency to the testing environment where everyone is involved, nothing is hidden
  • Open communication about what bugs they are tackling, this shows confidence in the solution
  • World class team, leading innovation which all coins just look toward and copy in some way shape or form
  • Taken seriously enough to have Kristov Atlas onboard to help review and improve the technology
  • Over 830 masternodes which their potential has not even begun to be realized, and already solves many economic pitfalls apparent in the BitCoin node design
  • IP obfuscation and open source after Kristov review is the last piece of the puzzle.

Now compare this to some of our competitors who:
  • Can only make videos as justification to prove it works.
  • Have not had any REAL discussions on how the technology actually applies to design & attack weaknesses. When questioned, replies like "we have thought and tested through these scenarios"....so suddenly you are world leading security experts and can test against all known attack vectors.
  • Release whitepapers with a box with a single word in it which supposed to encompass the entire solution, my 3 year old can do this
  • Have to tell their users to "refrain" from using the solution when they release it, then why release it?
  • When questioned about their solution, delete the posts in their thread and in the media deliver one line statements like "the data is encoded to hide the sender"...but how..?
  • Cannot even get anonymity working so lets start coding an entire openmarket to give more hype....If you dont think anonymity is a serious and complex enough solution, you obviously have no idea.
  • Have no background to the development team as they are 100% anonymous. What if they are just great video editors and graphic designers.
  • Both of the main competitors use Proof of Stake and have given only 1 week of PoW....this is taking centralization to a new level.

I could go on...but if you cannot understand what a joke the competitors are, you should sell your house and invest in WankCoin, im hearing its due for a pump.
patrolman

Activity: 447

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 10:55:38 PM

I think you mean this one:
The Biggest Scam In The History Of Mankind - Hidden Secrets of Money 4 | Mike Maloney
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFDe5kUUyT0&list=PLE88E9ICdipidHkTehs1VbFzgwrq1jkUJ.

I can recommend watching the whole series if you've got the time. It's worth pointing out that Maloney is very keen on gold and silver and as well as giving lectures on impending doom he sells gold and silver, but is also quite keen on the idea of bitcoin. “It’s [bitcoin] not tangible like gold and silver but it doesn’t have storage fees, you don’t have to have a third party holding it in a vault somewhere for you. So, it solves some of the problems so far. The very best money that there has been throughout history has been gold and silver…Bitcoin is now being tried, and it may prove to be better. Who knows?”

I'm not sure what his views on altcoins are, but most people following this thread don't need to be schooled on some of the advantages Darkcoin has over Bitcoin.
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 10:55:53 PM

• Professional solution explanations with diagrams to clearly how the proposed solutions will work
  • Full transparency to the testing environment where everyone is involved, nothing is hidden
  • Open communication about what bugs they are tackling, this shows confidence in the solution
  • World class team, leading innovation which all coins just look toward and copy in some way shape or form
  • Taken seriously enough to have Kristov Atlas onboard to help review and improve the technology
  • Over 830 masternodes which their potential has not even begun to be realized.
  • IP obfuscation and open source after Kristov review is the last piece of the puzzle.

• Have not had any REAL discussions on how the technology actually applies to design & attack weaknesses. When questioned, replies like "we have thought and tested through these scenarios"....so suddenly you are world leading security experts and can test against all known attack vectors.
  • Release whitepapers with a box with a single word in it which supposed to encompass the entire solution, my 3 year old can do this
  • Have to tell their users to "refrain" from using the solution when they release it, then why release it?
  • When questioned about their solution, delete the posts in their thread and in the media deliver one line statements like "the data is encoded to hide the sender"...but how..?
  • Cannot even get anonymity working so lets start coding an entire openmarket to give more hype....If you dont think anonymity is a serious and complex enough solution, you obviously have no idea.
  • Have no background to the development team as they are 100% anonymous. What if they are just great video editors and graphic designers.
  • Both of the main competitors use Proof of Stake and have given only 1 week of PoW....this is taking centralization to a new level.

I could go on...but if you cannot understand what a joke the competitors are, you should sell your house and invest in WankCoin, im hearing its due for a pump.

very, very well said.

+101
Top draw post.
novaboy2k

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 10:55:59 PM

• Darksend+ technology which has over 6 months of development and been written from the ground up to evolve previous solutions, this is how you get better, you try, and try again until you succeed. Success very rarely happens on the first go
  • Over 830 masternodes which their potential has not even begun to be realized.

Good post!

novaboy2k

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 10:58:43 PM

I think you mean this one:
The Biggest Scam In The History Of Mankind - Hidden Secrets of Money 4 | Mike Maloney
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFDe5kUUyT0&list=PLE88E9ICdipidHkTehs1VbFzgwrq1jkUJ.

I can recommend watching the whole series if you've got the time. It's worth pointing out that Maloney is very keen on gold and silver and as well as giving lectures on impending doom he sells gold and silver, but is also quite keen on the idea of bitcoin. “It’s [bitcoin] not tangible like gold and silver but it doesn’t have storage fees, you don’t have to have a third party holding it in a vault somewhere for you. So, it solves some of the problems so far. The very best money that there has been throughout history has been gold and silver…Bitcoin is now being tried, and it may prove to be better. Who knows?”

I'm not sure what his views on altcoins are, but most people following this thread don't need to be schooled on some of the advantages Darkcoin has over Bitcoin.

I doubt Maloney has heard of drk, but he will.
Hidden secrets of money is a very good documentary, very well produced and written.

Pages: « 1 ... 2387 2388 2389 2390 2391 2392 2393 2394 2395 2396 2397 2398 2399 2400 2401 2402 2403 2404 2405 2406 2407 2408 2409 2410 2411 2412 2413 2414 2415 2416 2417 2418 2419 2420 2421 2422 2423 2424 2425 2426 2427 2428 2429 2430 2431 2432 2433 2434 2435 2436 [2437] 2438 2439 2440 2441 2442 2443 2444 2445 2446 2447 2448 2449 2450 2451 2452 2453 2454 2455 2456 2457 2458 2459 2460 2461 2462 2463 2464 2465 2466 2467 2468 2469 2470 2471 2472 2473 2474 2475 2476 2477 2478 2479 2480 2481 2482 2483 2484 2485 2486 2487 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: