Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 03:31:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2436 2437 2438 2439 2440 2441 2442 2443 2444 2445 2446 2447 2448 2449 2450 2451 2452 2453 2454 2455 2456 2457 2458 2459 2460 2461 2462 2463 2464 2465 2466 2467 2468 2469 2470 2471 2472 2473 2474 2475 2476 2477 2478 2479 2480 2481 2482 2483 2484 2485 [2486] 2487 2488 2489 2490 2491 2492 2493 2494 2495 2496 2497 2498 2499 2500 2501 2502 2503 2504 2505 2506 2507 2508 2509 2510 2511 2512 2513 2514 2515 2516 2517 2518 2519 2520 2521 2522 2523 2524 2525 2526 2527 2528 2529 2530 2531 2532 2533 2534 2535 2536 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722497 times)
patrolman

Activity: 447
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 07:41:04 PM

Latest testnet candidate wallet denominated 2000DRK to 3 (some are 4) rounds of DS in about 90 minutes at a cost of 0.006DRK.

So: £7000 rendered completely untraceable for a cost of £0.02. Or in US comedyguvpaper $11700 'laundered' for three and a half cents.

Cool

Will it be possible to change the cost of denominating easily in the future? It looks fine at the moment but I imagine the more DRK appreciates in value, the higher the cost of denomination becomes.
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 07:43:20 PM

Latest testnet candidate wallet denominated 2000DRK to 3 (some are 4) rounds of DS in about 90 minutes at a cost of 0.006DRK.

So: £7000 rendered completely untraceable for a cost of £0.02. Or in US comedyguvpaper $11700 'laundered' for three and a half cents.

Cool

Will it be possible to change the cost of denominating easily in the future? It looks fine at the moment but I imagine the more DRK appreciates in value, the higher the cost of denomination becomes.

The percentage would still be incredibly low, but yes it could be changed. And it remains up to the user how many rounds of DS to put their coins through - greater anonymity costs a little bit more.

edit: it shouldn't be assumed I suppose that the fees being charged on testnet are finalised.
camosoul

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2014, 07:56:18 PM

Are you fanatics worried at all about the somnolescent prices?  Since the great May pump, DRK has been in the doldrums.  No matter how much innovation or development, the price has been low.  At least the nethash is strong but I fear that's primarily because its summer in most of the mining world and people need to live with their GPUs.  Once that passes, I wonder how many will switch to other algos like Scrypt-N...
We care about development, not the swarm of brain-dead locusts that pump and dump everything they see. You're a fool for being distracted by irrelevant details.

.OROCOIN.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
thelonecrouton
Legendary

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 08:03:27 PM

Cool
It's not laundered, it's just cashified.
Call it what you like, it's a bloody good deal. Wink

How much do certain people currently pay to 'cashify' money? And at what risk? I bet it costs more than 0.000003% and requires more than just the push of a button...
Indubitably.

I just dislike people making darkcoin seem like it was designed to do something the guvthugs call a crime... People launder with cash all the time. Just because it is possible, does not make it the purpose.

It's possible to kill people with Cyanide compounds, but that's not what they're for and rarely get misused in that fashion... It's possible to murder people with guns, but that's not what they're for and rarely get misused in that fashion... But, shining a spotlight on that rare mis-use leads masses of damn idiots to believe it. It's possible to launder money with DRK, but that's not what it's for and rarely gets mis-used for that. It's possible to launder cash, but that's not what it's for and rarely gets misused for that... Etc...

I do find it interesting that denomination is what accomplishes a major aspect of the anonymization process. Fungible to .00000001, but deliberately don't. "Stole the idea from Cash." Interesting, cash seems better designed for laundering than DRK... It's almost like the person who invented cash was planning to misuse it to defraud the users, golly, the guv would never do that, would it...?

DRK just borrowed the part that anonymizes. We're not printing fake money all day long...

The tool is just the tool, I agree, and I suspect we have similar views on who the real crooks are - which is why I have believed from the start that if Darkcoin works as advertised, there is no way in hell that any serious attempt will ever be made to shut it down, its just too goddamn useful to too may people. And DS+ works beautifully.

Plus, the concept was open sourced a few weeks ago. Cat well and truly out of bag.

Veni. Vidi. Denominati.  Grin
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2014, 08:07:36 PM
Last edit: August 05, 2014, 08:37:51 PM by camosoul

Veni. Vidi. Denominati.  Grin
"E pluribus obscurum" should appear on the coin logo... ;-) Describes it perfectly and turns the enemy's phrase to the good of the people in a mirror of what the coin does.

Google Translate makes an interesting job of it as well...

Is that what they think it means? Or can they not figure it out? This only makes it better... Lols! Sounds like testimony from an expert witness ruining a trial where guvthugs try to claim they can trace DRK and get busted lying... Serves them right for trying to pin a crime on someone holding DRK.

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
stonehedge
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1002

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 08:08:14 PM

Random change of subject:

Anybody have any ideas on how we can get x11ltc1btccom to start paying 20% instead of 10% block reward? 
Forceflow

Activity: 124
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 08:12:58 PM

Are you fanatics worried at all about the somnolescent prices?  Since the great May pump, DRK has been in the doldrums.  No matter how much innovation or development, the price has been low.  At least the nethash is strong but I fear that's primarily because its summer in most of the mining world and people need to live with their GPUs.  Once that passes, I wonder how many will switch to other algos like Scrypt-N...
We care about development, not the swarm of brain-dead locusts that pump and dump everything they see. You're a fool for being distracted by irrelevant details.

Wow, you are an ass.
Minotaur26
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 08:13:28 PM

Anybody have any ideas on how we can get x11ltc1btccom to start paying 20% instead of 10% block reward? 

Enforcement.  Grin
Minotaur26
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 08:17:00 PM

The thing with DRK is it is focus in a very important service to the people, cash over the internet, that simplifies a lot of things for different market segments. As adoption starts demand for real use should raise and we should be past the speculative phase. Of course is going to be a process and will take some time, but if there is demand mining will be there. Up until now we have been investing in the concept after RC4 is released we start to see real world applications.
stonehedge
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1002

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 08:27:29 PM

Enforcement.  Grin

They do seem to be paying out a lot of blocks at 10%.  Slight language barrier when I visited their site though!
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2014, 08:28:20 PM

They outright refused when contacted. RC4 will force them.

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2014, 08:47:47 PM

I am by no means an expert, but it looks to me like the price has gone down on fairly low volume. Most DRK users are holding or buying right now, not many people want to sell. I don't think that all of the current sell orders for DRK are even real, they will get pulled. The sell orders are being used to keep the price low so that somebody can continue to accumulate cheap coins. When we do get a real trend reversal, we will go up quite fast imo. Then again, I may totally wrong, I am still quite new to speculating.
I don't know why people care about this... You're speculating on the wrong thing.

RC3 got flubbed. More than once. DRK has the fundamentals, but "safe investors" fear the execution.

RC3 being flubbed is not really Evan's fault. DRK offers so much that people were adopting it way before it was meant to be. Can't help that people jump on trains they should not jump on. Much was forced upon Evan before its time as a result of this. This is why RC3 flubbed. DRK is still a product in the very early stages of development, but the unwashed masses just can't get it through their heads. Add in the shitcoiners that pay no attention to anything at all ever, they just pump and dump waves of abbreviations they don't even read about...

Fundamentals. What is the coin made of? Dev team?

This has people spooked. Everyone who understands Evan and company's persistence and the gravity of the project are already all in. Those who don't, but recognize what it can become, are waiting before the throw their whale wads at it. The price since the 2nd RC3 flub has been dictated by nothing but low volume shitcoin pump and dumpers who have absolutely no clue about the coin. Everyone who is actually worth a shit is either holding, accumulating, or waiting. It's just another abbreviation to pump and dump until then.

If you're looking at the price tag for answers, you're not going to find them. This is not a shitcoin. Ignore that crap and focus on the fundamentals and you can't help but understand it instantly...

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
bigrcanada

Activity: 588

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2014, 08:58:29 PM
Last edit: August 05, 2014, 09:08:56 PM by bigrcanada

I am by no means an expert, but it looks to me like the price has gone down on fairly low volume. Most DRK users are holding or buying right now, not many people want to sell. I don't think that all of the current sell orders for DRK are even real, they will get pulled. The sell orders are being used to keep the price low so that somebody can continue to accumulate cheap coins. When we do get a real trend reversal, we will go up quite fast imo. Then again, I may totally wrong, I am still quite new to speculating.
I don't know why people care about this... You're speculating on the wrong thing.

RC3 got flubbed. More than once. DRK has the fundamentals, but "safe investors" fear the execution.

RC3 being flubbed is not really Evan's fault. DRK offers so much that people were adopting it way before it was meant to be. Can't help that people jump on trains they should not jump on. Much was forced upon Evan before its time as a result of this. This is why RC3 flubbed. DRK is still a product in the very early stages of development, but the unwashed masses just can't get it through their heads. Add in the shitcoiners that pay no attention to anything at all ever, they just pump and dump waves of abbreviations they don't even read about...

This has people spooked. Everyone who understands Evan and company's persistence and the gravity of the project are already all in. Those who don't, but recognize what it can become, are waiting before the throw their whale wads at it. The price since the 2nd RC3 flub has been dictated by nothing but low volume shitcoin pump and dumpers who have absolutely no clue about the coin. Everyone who is actually worth a shit is either holding, accumulating, or waiting. It's just another abbreviation to pump and dump until then.

If you're looking at the price tag for answers, you're not going to find them. This is not a shitcoin. Ignore that crap and focus on the fundamentals and you can't help but understand it instantly...

And in there lies the issue.  The DRK pump was exactly that...a pump, at the wrong time, with the wrong intentions by people that couldnt grasping the enormity of what is being developed here....in actual fact...the pricing at this time is, IMHO, exactly where it should be for the stage of darks development....once RC4 is finalized and proven working, probably around $12 to $15...then as services get added and any bugs smoothened out and real world implementations come online $25+ ....where it goes from there not sure.  

Personal opinions aside, one of my major problems with other coin is that they are developing real world applications and markets without a mature and tested coin....this is a recipe for disaster in MO.  Putting the horse before the cart.  I had a disagreement with Evan in the beginning about this same issue, where I was thinking that we should be developing these real world uses....thankfully Evan is far brighter then I when it comes to this...because he was right...we need to get this shit nailed and hardened before we go prime time.  Thanks Evan!

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
thelonecrouton
Legendary

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 09:22:31 PM

Personal opinions aside, one of my major problems with other coin is that they are developing real world applications and markets without a mature and tested coin....this is a recipe for disaster in MO.  Putting the horse before the cart.  I had a disagreement with Evan in the beginning about this same issue, where I was thinking that we should be developing these real world uses....thankfully Evan is far brighter then I when it comes to this...because he was right...we need to get this shit nailed and hardened before we go prime time.  Thanks Evan!

Evan does have a way of blindsiding you with out of nowhere brilliance...

And I agree with you about certain other coins - trying to promote in-wallet anonymous markets is somewhat ambitious when you haven't even demonstrated anonymous transactions yet. (For example, naming no names.  Smiley)

I'm trying to put together a p2p market using a DHT with MN's as keyservers etc. and this shit isn't easy to do...  Tongue
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 09:45:29 PM

Personal opinions aside, one of my major problems with other coin is that they are developing real world applications and markets without a mature and tested coin....this is a recipe for disaster in MO.  Putting the horse before the cart.  I had a disagreement with Evan in the beginning about this same issue, where I was thinking that we should be developing these real world uses....thankfully Evan is far brighter then I when it comes to this...because he was right...we need to get this shit nailed and hardened before we go prime time.  Thanks Evan!

And I agree with you about certain other coins - trying to promote in-wallet anonymous markets is somewhat ambitious when you haven't even demonstrated anonymous transactions yet. (For example, naming no names.  Smiley)

I'm trying to put together a p2p market using a DHT with MN's as keyservers etc. and this shit isn't easy to do...  Tongue

You are?  I love you!  Kiss  And thank you, you're helping me feel inspired again.  I have to write about this, and just been in a fog lately with all our ideas being snatched up, it was getting me down.  But knowing some people are indeed working on this stuff gives me confidence we'll win the race!

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
splawik21
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

DASH is the future of crypto payments!

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 09:52:51 PM

Personal opinions aside, one of my major problems with other coin is that they are developing real world applications and markets without a mature and tested coin....this is a recipe for disaster in MO.  Putting the horse before the cart.  I had a disagreement with Evan in the beginning about this same issue, where I was thinking that we should be developing these real world uses....thankfully Evan is far brighter then I when it comes to this...because he was right...we need to get this shit nailed and hardened before we go prime time.  Thanks Evan!

And I agree with you about certain other coins - trying to promote in-wallet anonymous markets is somewhat ambitious when you haven't even demonstrated anonymous transactions yet. (For example, naming no names.  Smiley)

I'm trying to put together a p2p market using a DHT with MN's as keyservers etc. and this shit isn't easy to do...  Tongue

You are?  I love you!  Kiss  And thank you, you're helping me feel inspired again.  I have to write about this, and just been in a fog lately with all our ideas being snatched up, it was getting me down.  But knowing some people are indeed working on this stuff gives me confidence we'll win the race!
LOL!!!! Do you really? Super extra.
Now. Can you explain in noob coding language what it means? Wink
edit: anon market right???

BE SMART, USE DASH ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
raganius

Activity: 308

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 10:00:03 PM

I am so sorry for those people being fooled by price. Oh, well, nevermind. Let them sell their DRKs cheap because I will continue buying as much DRK as I can, and if they come cheap to me, better.

I have got no intention to try to dissuade fools from selling their DRK in order to buy some other dubious coins. Let them do it: as said before, the wise users are holding or buying DRK right now.
thefrog

Activity: 393

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 10:08:15 PM

And I agree with you about certain other coins - trying to promote in-wallet anonymous markets is somewhat ambitious when you haven't even demonstrated anonymous transactions yet. (For example, naming no names.  Smiley)

You are?  I love you!  Kiss  And thank you, you're helping me feel inspired again.  I have to write about this, and just been in a fog lately with all our ideas being snatched up, it was getting me down.  But knowing some people are indeed working on this stuff gives me confidence we'll win the race!
Maybe base the code on OpenBazaar ? https://github.com/OpenBazaar/OpenBazaar
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 10:10:04 PM

Well, he says he is actually working out a p2p (peer to peer) market using distributed hash.  I don't exactly know how any of this would work, but the effect would be that the masternodes would handle a distributed shopping mall, maybe like etsy or ebay, I don't know, but people would make an account and sell things on the site, probably paying a small fee to the masternode network and even possibly a small fee to the creator of the market?  I have no problem with a developer getting paid for their work.  If the fees are small enough (I would think a minimum fee would have to be decided on for each hash or size of info or something for the masternodes and miners to charge) Then I think people would use it like crazy.  But it would really have to compete with the outside world because you want to bring those ebay and etsy people in here because it's a way better deal even with the hassle of using a coin they're not familiar with and having to exchange it.  I believe it won't be very long before Coinbase et al starts servicing Darkcoin.

This could be up and running soon after RC4 or open distribution, depending on if coding requires access to the DarkSend code.  But, yah, wow, this is #1 on my list of wants for Darkcoin.

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2014, 10:14:24 PM

At this time MN it like that

Work, but not finish.

After RC4 we are more like :

NOW WITNESS THE POWER OF THIS FULLY ARMED AND OPERATIONAL MASTER NODE!

Pages: « 1 ... 2436 2437 2438 2439 2440 2441 2442 2443 2444 2445 2446 2447 2448 2449 2450 2451 2452 2453 2454 2455 2456 2457 2458 2459 2460 2461 2462 2463 2464 2465 2466 2467 2468 2469 2470 2471 2472 2473 2474 2475 2476 2477 2478 2479 2480 2481 2482 2483 2484 2485 [2486] 2487 2488 2489 2490 2491 2492 2493 2494 2495 2496 2497 2498 2499 2500 2501 2502 2503 2504 2505 2506 2507 2508 2509 2510 2511 2512 2513 2514 2515 2516 2517 2518 2519 2520 2521 2522 2523 2524 2525 2526 2527 2528 2529 2530 2531 2532 2533 2534 2535 2536 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: