Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 09:39:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 [321] 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 ... 484 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEM] NEM -New Economy Movement - No Envy Movement - Updates+Discussion thread  (Read 661420 times)
xtester

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

Risk taker & Black Swan farmer.

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 09:14:58 PM

I think a fair starting price for each stake is between 0.2-0.5 BTC. The stakes for the waiting list guys will be 0.1 BTC, so a 0.2 BTC starting price seems fair to me.

But fairness doesn't seem to have a clear meaning in this situation.

Fairness relative to what, to buyers or to the devs and community who put a lot of hard work into this?

The call to participation was 1st phase to get in, waiting list is 2nd phase and auction is whole different matter.

With the auction we should aim to prepare for the market and set a real price for the stakes. The call for participation and auction should not be put together and compared because they are different things with different purpose.

Anyway, I would be very interested to hear Utopians view on this matter.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
oldisoft

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

https://iota.org/

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 09:23:19 PM

Hi Guys,

When it's going to be alfa for this GREAT coins?

Cheers.

CryptoniteToSuperman

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 10:37:54 PM

Would it be possible to distribute the stakes slowly, lets say within 1 or 2 months time to avoid dumping too fast ?
I would not mind to wait for a while to get my stake.

This is clearly a good idea. I approve Wink

Very bad idea. People who will get the coins later will get screwed, while early ones pocket the money selling coins.  There will still be dumping, but only early ones would be making money, while those who come later will be left holding the bags,.

How would we trust the developers aren't picking themselves and their friends first?  They are already getting 10% of stakes, so they will have plenty to sell while  rest watch and wait.

If this system is adapted, I want to see provable/verifiable random mechanism.   That is, Sha256  (BTT account ID) then use that result in a java's Math.random as a seed. No special favors for developers.

I taught that devs would be the last ones who wanted NEM to sink below all the crap-coins. And they probably know that it's much wiser to sell a bit later and slowly to  keep the price higher, cause that is better for NEM and for their own wealth.
And some clever system like that "random mechanism" should be done if that's necessary for peace of mind.
EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 11:06:40 PM

Would it be possible to distribute the stakes slowly, lets say within 1 or 2 months time to avoid dumping too fast ?

Very bad idea. People who will get the coins later will get screwed, while early ones pocket the money selling coins.  There will still be dumping, but only early ones would be making money, while those who come later will be left holding the bags,.

How would we trust the developers aren't picking themselves and their friends first?  They are already getting 10% of stakes, so they will have plenty to sell while  rest watch and wait.

If this system is adapted, I want to see provable/verifiable random mechanism.   That is, Sha256  (BTT account ID) then use that result in a java's Math.random as a seed. No special favors for developers.

+1

All NEM released at the same time, as far as is technically feasible.
Having said that it shouldn't matter when you get your coins, unless you are planning to dump immediately......which I'm certainly not.
Think long term, guys, not just grab 'em and dump 'em.

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
zhanghaoteng

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 12:08:55 AM

Alpha in a few days?!
pkuqsq

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 12:41:50 AM

Alpha in a few days?!

Software project delay is a normal situation, there are many uncertain factors, patience!

The future has come
pkuqsq

Activity: 183

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 12:48:57 AM

i would likely trade NEM on DGEX.com. Is it possible ?

In addition to this we should try to get on bter.com

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=502363.0

freeworm (an admin of bter.com) is all the time looking for something big. This would be a great big push for the acceptance of NEM and its value, too.

why not poloniex ?

Polo would be a great one. Cryptsy just sucks. I think if it went to Bittrex than Polo or Polo than Bittrex you will see the most success. Polo is gaining huge volume everyday and is one of 3 exchanges I use. If NEM can get huge btc volume on those 2 Mintpal will add it without it being voted in.
mintpal  would be nice!

The future has come
ShawnLeary

Activity: 518
Merit: 504

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 01:37:30 AM

Why?

"We have the power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine
wo24-7

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 01:39:05 AM

In addition to this we should try to get on bter.com

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=502363.0

freeworm (an admin of bter.com) is all the time looking for something big. This would be a great big push for the acceptance of NEM and its value, too.

why not poloniex ?

Polo would be a great one. Cryptsy just sucks. I think if it went to Bittrex than Polo or Polo than Bittrex you will see the most success. Polo is gaining huge volume everyday and is one of 3 exchanges I use. If NEM can get huge btc volume on those 2 Mintpal will add it without it being voted in.
mintpal  would be nice!

Mintpal wont happen right away, not until volume from other exchanges or we buy the votes. Polo and bittrex are crappy exchanges. Anyone been to Polo lately? Its probably one of the best. Great customer service for issues, great mods and its becoming a huge volume exchange. Shit being added to exchanges is something we cant avoid simply because they bring volume.
ShawnLeary

Activity: 518
Merit: 504

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 01:42:17 AM

Absolutely not, really?  I mean, do you guys have any sense of fairness? 

"We have the power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine
j23a

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 01:58:35 AM

Except that it will screw some people based on the price difference when they happened to get their stake.

I'm all up for the idea of releasing it over a period of time, but for everyone at the same times.

TBTSX4-NKRX55-HF2ECG-SHPBG3-XIDD2Y-QDRI3N-P2O6
j23a

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 02:05:38 AM

I know it's a lot of work, but the alpha should be open to every stake holder and the dev team should practice giving out the coins to each stake holder. Simply because practice does give one valuable experience, and any unexpected mistakes can be learned from before the actual release of Nem. And prevent any possible future mistakes that would be ammunition for the trolls who want to bring Nem down.

Just a suggestion to avoid any possible future mistakes, and also to get feed back about how the whole process went, and it's pros and cons.

TBTSX4-NKRX55-HF2ECG-SHPBG3-XIDD2Y-QDRI3N-P2O6
3LEM3NT

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 02:24:03 AM

I think a fair starting price for each stake is between 0.2-0.5 BTC. The stakes for the waiting list guys will be 0.1 BTC, so a 0.2 BTC starting price seems fair to me.

If I were just thinking about myself I would hope this is right because I don't have a stake. I would by a bunch.

But if this is the price, that would be pretty bad for NEMs value. The community and especially the Devs behind this project should be worth at least 5 to 10 BTC min.

Also, the idea of auctioning off blocks of 100,000 would be a great idea. Lets do it every weekend until launch.

And pick a logo already!! Shocked

You are getting dangerously close to the lack of urgency on this subject hurting the image of NEM.

We are also talking about people's first impression as well.

Many coins, and companies for that matter have failed to realize the importance of this. Lets not let NEM CONTINUE to make this mistake.

Plus 1 guys!! If you agree.

BTW, I think this movement is amazing and I only want the best for it.

I will be joining you one way or the other. This makes me very excited, as you have a great thing going here!!!!!!!!
MrPortMan

Activity: 616

TEZOS

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 02:52:27 AM
Last edit: April 27, 2014, 03:03:50 AM by MrPortMan

Кaк нacчёт тoгo, чтoбы нa Nem cдeлaть coциaльнyю ceть нaпoдoбиe VK.com? Poccийcкиe влacти oтoбpaли y Пaвлa Дypoвa coциaльнyю ceть VKontakte, тeпepь oнa пoлнocтью пpинaдлeжит ФCБ.

Кaк я cчитaю бyдyщee coциaльныx ceтeй - этo пoлный yxoд в кpиптoгpaфию. Mы мoгли бы нa Nem cдeлaть cpaзy нecкoлькo клoнoв coциaльныx ceтeй. Taкиx кaк VK и FB. И никтo бы этo нe мoг oтoбpaть в paмкax дeцeнтpaлизoвaннoй кpиптoгpaфии.

Ccылкa нa пocт opигинaльный Пaвлa Дypoвa, ocнoвaтeля Poccийcкoй coциaльнoй ceти VKontakte :
https://vk.com/wall1_45624

How about that on Nem to make a social network like VK.com? The Russian authorities selected the social network VKontakte at Pavel Durov, now it completely belongs to FSB.

As I consider the future of social networks is a full leaving in cryptography. We could make on Nem at once some clones of social networks. Such as VK and FB. And anybody couldn't select it within the decentralized cryptography.

Link to a post original Pavel Durov, founder of the Russian social network VKontakte:

FundRasing social decentralized network VK on base crypto platform Nem : https://vk.com/wall212533118_248?reply=249

Tezos address : KT1PPmJn9ZfVUSp6VDv92S7epKdZoU1cHV5f
utopianfuture (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 268

Internet of Value

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 03:10:07 AM

Кaк нacчёт тoгo, чтoбы нa Nem cдeлaть coциaльнyю ceть нaпoдoбиe VK.com? Poccийcкиe влacти oтoбpaли y Пaвлa Дypoвa coциaльнyю ceть VKontakte, тeпepь oнa пoлнocтью пpинaдлeжит ФCБ.

Кaк я cчитaю бyдyщee coциaльныx ceтeй - этo пoлный yxoд в кpиптoгpaфию. Mы мoгли бы нa Nem cдeлaть cpaзy нecкoлькo клoнoв coциaльныx ceтeй. Taкиx кaк VK и FB. И никтo бы этo нe мoг oтoбpaть в paмкax дeцeнтpaлизoвaннoй кpиптoгpaфии.

Ccылкa нa пocт opигинaльный Пaвлa Дypoвa, ocнoвaтeля Poccийcкoй coциaльнoй ceти VKontakte :

How about that on Nem to make a social network like VK.com? The Russian authorities selected the social network VKontakte at Pavel Durov, now it completely belongs to FSB.

As I consider the future of social networks is a full leaving in cryptography. We could make on Nem at once some clones of social networks. Such as VK and FB. And anybody couldn't select it within the decentralized cryptography.

Link to a post original Pavel Durov, founder of the Russian social network VKontakte:

FundRasing social decentralized network VK on base crypto platform Nem : https://vk.com/wall212533118_248?reply=249

One of those thing I don't quite understand but still like it very much Wink

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
█████████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
  TomoChain  •    •  TomoChain 
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
MrPortMan

TEZOS

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 03:11:52 AM

Nem бyдeт oгpoмным cooбщecтвoм и y нeё бyдyт cвoи дeцeнтpaлизoвaнныe coциaльныe кpиптo ceти, нaпoдoбиe VK и FB, мoжнo eщё и Twitter к Nem пpикpyтить. Bcё бyдeт в oднoм мecтe - бyдeт oчeнь yдoбнo кoгдa вcё бyдeт нaxoдитьcя пoд pyкoй. И дeньги, и paзвлeчeния, и oбщeниe c дpyзьями в P2P дeцeнтpaлизoвaнныx кpиптo ceтяx. Nem бyдeт oчeнь пoпyляpeн блaгoдapя coциaльным ceтям, кoтopыe бyдyт пocтpoeны в paмкax дaннoй кpиптo плaтфopмы.

Nem will be huge community and it will have decentralized social crypto networks, like VK and FB, it is possible also to fasten Twitter to Nem. Everything will be in one place - it will be very convenient when everything will be near at hand. Both money, and entertainments, and communication with friends in P2P the decentralized crypto networks. Nem will be very popular thanks to social networks which will be constructed within this crypto platform.

utopianfuture (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 268

Internet of Value

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 03:43:06 AM
Last edit: April 27, 2014, 04:00:20 AM by utopianfuture

Fairness relative to what, to buyers or to the devs and community who put a lot of hard work into this?

The call to participation was 1st phase to get in, waiting list is 2nd phase and auction is whole different matter.

With the auction we should aim to prepare for the market and set a real price for the stakes. The call for participation and auction should not be put together and compared because they are different things with different purpose.

One question. If you auction 2 identical Macbook on Ebay at the same time, which one will yield higher price ? the one set up with a no reserve auction or the one set up with a 1000$ reserved auction ?

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
  TomoChain  •    •  TomoChain 
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
Jacqul

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 04:35:23 AM

One question. If you auction 2 identical Macbook on Ebay at the same time, which one will yield higher price ? the one set up with a no reserve auction or the one set up with a 1000$ reserved auction ?

I have experimented with this... I get higher end prices for things I put up with no reserve.
Letting the market decide the price makes a statement.
MrPortMan

TEZOS

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 05:51:49 AM

Cтaвя тaкиe низкиe нaчaльныe цeны ayкциoнa oт 0.2 - 0.5 BTC вы нe бoитecь тoгo, чтo Nem мoжeт пoтoм oкaзaтьcя зa 100 мecтo пo Market cap и cтaть тaм ни кoмy нe нyжнoй мoнeтoй, нa кoтopyю внимaния нe бyдyт oбpaщaть и цeнa плaвнo бyдeт идти вниз и вниз. B итoгe oкaжeтcя нa 150 мecтe пo Market cap.

Pacкpoю вaм вceм oдин ceкpeт - ceйчac инвecтopы peдкo ктo cмoтpят дaльшe 10 мecтa пo Market cap. Te ктo идyт дaльшe 10 мecтa и нe тopгyютcя нa тaкиx кpyпныx биpжax кaк Btc-e - вce oни пoтeнциaльныe тpyпы мoнeты.

Bы xoтитe пoxopoнить Nem низкoй изнaчaльнo цeнoй и низким зa 100 мecтo пo вepcии Market cap?

Putting such low initial prices of auction from 0.2 - 0.5 BTC you aren't afraid of that Nem can appear then for the 100th place on Market cap and to become there to whom not the necessary coin on which attention won't turn and the price smoothly will go down and down. As a result it will appear on the 150th place on Market cap.

I will cut out to all of you one secret - now investors seldom who look further the 10th place on Market cap. Those who go further the 10th place and don't bargain at such large exchanges as Btc-e - all of them are potential corpses of a coin.

You want to bury Nem low initially at the price of and low for the 100th place according to Market cap?

Activity: 151

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 05:54:40 AM

什么时候领币啊,都等了半年了

BTC:14NxNcYM5WFG7N9NmcQioT5JxZjh5dbTET
Pages: « 1 ... 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 [321] 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 ... 484 »
  Print  

Jump to: