Bitcoin Forum
July 03, 2024, 04:21:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 [120] 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 ... 484 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEM] NEM -New Economy Movement - No Envy Movement - Updates+Discussion thread  (Read 661425 times)
ashapasa

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 07:14:37 AM

You know what's kind of sad, that chances are that before this coin is launched at least one stakeholder might pass away. Cross my fingers that no one does.

I know, it's a horrible thought, but I do often wonder about the future of coins once people start dying. Do you guys think some sort of slight inflation might be a good thing. Perhaps .5% every year, spread equally to all accounts. That way nobody loses value on their coins.

it will have the exact reverse effect. With regards to the signature issue, I see what u are saying, but nemcoin does not sound inspirational. How about " I am part of The New Economy Movement"  along with www.ournem.com.

It feels much more personal Smiley
j23a

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 07:26:52 AM

You know what's kind of sad, that chances are that before this coin is launched at least one stakeholder might pass away. Cross my fingers that no one does.

I know, it's a horrible thought, but I do often wonder about the future of coins once people start dying. Do you guys think some sort of slight inflation might be a good thing. Perhaps .5% every year, spread equally to all accounts. That way nobody loses value on their coins.

it will have the exact reverse effect.

I guess you're right. I just keep thinking of people not being responsible and losing their hard drive, password, etc causing millions of coins to be destroyed.

What about implementing a password recovery method, where people can put test question and if they answer correctly they can recover it.

That could be a good thing and a life saver for many, though I guess it can also be a huge risk with people who are careless about what information they choose as a question, since most people are careless and clueless about how easy it is for people to collect information on them. It would definitely create situations were a scammer might read up on a person on Facebook, gather a lot of basic information about them, and try to recover the password.

I'm basically thinking about the less technical people who might join or have joined Nem.

TBTSX4-NKRX55-HF2ECG-SHPBG3-XIDD2Y-QDRI3N-P2O6
j23a

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 07:36:02 AM

it will have the exact reverse effect. With regards to the signature issue, I see what u are saying, but nemcoin does not sound inspirational. How about " I am part of The New Economy Movement"  along with www.ournem.com.

I'm not suggesting to remove "New Economy Movement," but rather to also add the word Nem Coin in there. Maybe we should do a study on the subject.

But for example, I've promoted Nem in many different websites, for example on the CNN comment section. I do a pitch basically, and if I just wrote NEM and people there decided to search for the term, they would never find what I was talking about.

So at least if we're talking to main stream people we should say Nem coin.

ashapasa

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 07:41:44 AM

to be honest, I am a bit surprised more stakeholders are not excited as I am and choose to remain silent Huh.  With 3000 members I thought this place with be buzzing. UPs idea of selecting only active contributors for the next round is really important.  We need some new blood Embarrassed .
Tosun14

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 07:47:00 AM

I'm not suggesting to remove "New Economy Movement," but rather to also add the word Nem Coin in there. Maybe we should do a study on the subject.

But for example, I've promoted Nem in many different websites, for example on the CNN comment section. I do a pitch basically, and if I just wrote NEM and people there decided to search for the term, they would never find what I was talking about.

I don't think we should do this. Because NXT is not doing it also. UP can explain this better I think before everyone uses NEM coin.

NEM is NOT a coin. I think coins can be built on top of the NEM platform. Like NXT.

UP, please enlighten us. Because this is an important issue.

►  NEW ECONOMY MOVEMENT  ◄ 
  100% built from scratch • revolutionary forging mechanism • fairly distributed
j23a

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 07:53:00 AM

to be honest, I am a bit surprised more stakeholders are not excited as I am and choose to remain silent Huh.  With 3000 members I thought this place with be buzzing. UPs idea of selecting only active contributors for the next round is really important.  We need some new blood Embarrassed .

I was thinking the same, this place should be flooded with more people.

But on the bright side it is more active than most new coins, and I imagine there will be a huge up increase when Nem is nearing completion.

ashapasa

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 07:54:30 AM

lets hope so friend. Wink
j23a

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 08:02:11 AM

it will have the exact reverse effect. With regards to the signature issue, I see what u are saying, but nemcoin does not sound inspirational. How about " I am part of The New Economy Movement"  along with www.ournem.com.

I don't think we should do this. Because NXT is not doing it also. UP can explain this better I think before everyone uses NEM coin.

NEM is NOT a coin. I think coins can be built on top of the NEM platform. Like NXT.

UP, please enlighten us. Because this is an important issue.

I don't like using the term coin either, but you're right it is an important issue because mainstream people being able to research Nem is very important. Sometimes it's good to sacrifice for the good of something, even if it means adding a term goes against a certain criteria that a person really wants to follow.

If I'm on a website interacting with regular people that only know about Bitcoins and don't even know about Litecoin, then adding "coin" to Nem gives them a tangible idea of what Nem is. A tangible idea that they can Google and find out more about.

I know tangible might not be the correct word since you can't actually hold the coins, but you get the idea.

Edit: I really have to go to bed, so I'll be back tomorrow.

amytheplanarshift

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 08:12:36 AM

I was thinking the same, this place should be flooded with more people.

But on the bright side it is more active than most new coins, and I imagine there will be a huge up increase when Nem is nearing completion.

I'm very excited (and am a stakeholder), but I rarely post in here because there honestly just isn't much to talk about right now. Everything is still under heavy development so there is not much we can do as stakeholders other than speculate and I'm not really interested in speculation. Once we get some more details about how the coin will work and things get closer to launch I'm sure a lot more people will be posting.

http://nem.io/
XEM: NBT6RQ-B2K3DN-EB3BDF-TUE3FT-SBDCJJ-L4PCX5-GKL6
Jenska

Activity: 89
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 08:28:03 AM

Hey

I was thinking about use of NEM. Basically when money is medium of Exchange, it is necessary that it can be used that way.
 So if the prime example is bitcoin, which have now many b2c services etc. Were it will be good to focus in some different direction as well like B2B segment. I mean that many of these upcoming ventures in bitcoin platform focus only in such customer driven things. Would it be great to make NEM diffef from that ?

I do not know how cryptocurrencies could do a favor in B2B business, but i would suggest also think opportunies in that perspective. Many small and medium companies struggle with high fees and currency problems in global markets.

Check also my sketches : http://www.flickr.com/photos/117326947@N06/
venus,wu

Activity: 5

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 08:33:31 AM

Late Ming and corruption, northern Shaanxi drought, people eat, hungry swept thousands of miles, known as the chaos of the bandits. Rereading broken Beijing, corruption worse. Chang Hsien-chung Tu Sichuan, obliterated. Manchus, Han nationality was first interracial comprehensive rule.
     - See history textbooks in Taiwan, or Bo Yang, "History of the Chinese people."

Legal tender of the world is not fair, but bitcoin world seems darker. Hackers rampant fraud ridden, sin much worse than the legal tender of the world. Outside of the law, there is no legal protection for only law of the jungle, all bitter ego.
     2014, known as the first year of bitcoin moral crisis, the first domino fell. MT.Gox, once the world's largest Bitcoin trading platform, brazenly tore off the mask, made clear to the customer's money and swallow the whole currency, even scrap left. Upload evil, actually no one can censure him how. Users have to fire-sale sell currency, into U.S. dollars, it was ready to sue MT. The Japanese government does not mention this method of land outside the tube, even if the pipe, big deal for you to cash dollars, that is the BMW in, bike out. Or open to mention money, then buy back the high premium is still a suit in, left out of the pants. All in all, nothing.
     It was horrible. Even more frightening is that I do not know how many platforms in secret calculations, sharpening, wanted MT second.
     So the government is not terrible, technical vulnerabilities can fill, but human vulnerability but can not fill. The most robust are captured from within the fortress, only moral crisis, will make Bitcoin decline.

Several years later, the history: In 2008, the financial tsunami, the law devaluation Bitcoin birth, known as encryption chaos currency. Hacking rampage, Inputs foot, MT swallow coins. Each platform rallied swallow, a text without leaving ...... currency plunged to zero, remaining coins one.

If you want to rewrite history, hope lies in the trading system to Sinochem, which is the second generation currency.

google translate
ashapasa

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 08:37:05 AM

Late Ming and corruption, northern Shaanxi drought, people eat, hungry swept thousands of miles, known as the chaos of the bandits. Rereading broken Beijing, corruption worse. Chang Hsien-chung Tu Sichuan, obliterated. Manchus, Han nationality was first interracial comprehensive rule.
     - See history textbooks in Taiwan, or Bo Yang, "History of the Chinese people."

Legal tender of the world is not fair, but bitcoin world seems darker. Hackers rampant fraud ridden, sin much worse than the legal tender of the world. Outside of the law, there is no legal protection for only law of the jungle, all bitter ego.
     2014, known as the first year of bitcoin moral crisis, the first domino fell. MT.Gox, once the world's largest Bitcoin trading platform, brazenly tore off the mask, made clear to the customer's money and swallow the whole currency, even scrap left. Upload evil, actually no one can censure him how. Users have to fire-sale sell currency, into U.S. dollars, it was ready to sue MT. The Japanese government does not mention this method of land outside the tube, even if the pipe, big deal for you to cash dollars, that is the BMW in, bike out. Or open to mention money, then buy back the high premium is still a suit in, left out of the pants. All in all, nothing.
     It was horrible. Even more frightening is that I do not know how many platforms in secret calculations, sharpening, wanted MT second.
     So the government is not terrible, technical vulnerabilities can fill, but human vulnerability but can not fill. The most robust are captured from within the fortress, only moral crisis, will make Bitcoin decline.

Several years later, the history: In 2008, the financial tsunami, the law devaluation Bitcoin birth, known as encryption chaos currency. Hacking rampage, Inputs foot, MT swallow coins. Each platform rallied swallow, a text without leaving ...... currency plunged to zero, remaining coins one.

If you want to rewrite history, hope lies in the trading system to Sinochem, which is the second generation currency.

google translate

translated = Venus hates Bitcoin loves NEM Grin
gramufibus

Activity: 54
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 09:02:25 AM

I was thinking about use of NEM. Basically when money is medium of Exchange, it is necessary that it can be used that way.
 So if the prime example is bitcoin, which have now many b2c services etc. Were it will be good to focus in some different direction as well like B2B segment. I mean that many of these upcoming ventures in bitcoin platform focus only in such customer driven things. Would it be great to make NEM diffef from that ?

Hopefully it will one day be something You could use at a store through your phone to buy anything like food or clothes. The price must become more stable first, or merchants would be taken advantage of during price dips. 
I think the first stage is to make it feasible, for people to trade for other currencies, or give in exchange for work.  The other big potential arena is online entertainment.  If there were a network of nem enabled games, software, and entertainment, a tip system could be a mode of income, rather than traditional ad based freeware.  Sort of like a mining pool for donation based projects.

I wonder how possible it would be to have a feature like that built into nem itself?  So instead of needing someone to run the pool (who could mess it ups somehow), there was a type of account that would aggregate its funds to a selected number of accounts automatically?
newcn

Activity: 143

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 09:09:58 AM

a statistic about IPO ids:
http://c.blog.sina.com.cn/profile.php?blogid=8c9e73af89000zdg

among 952 ids in the nxt hot thread, only 354 are in the NEM stakeholder lists, that's about  37%, it could be more if you made IPO period longer enough. I myself almost missed the IPO if allwelder didn't remind me.

a statistic about dogecoin thread:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=361813.msg5295458#msg5295458
there're totally 1878 ids in dogecoin thread, among these ids, 109 (5.8%)appeared in NEM-IPO threads.
the number of ids that appeared in all the three(nxt/nem-ipo/doge) threads is 49!

BTC:1NzzfeHCgN8fF6mSG1UeBFCVd2cxKbGyHk
NXT:13187911577562526278
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 10:00:23 AM

Any news

Here is plan.

We are going to wait until

1. It is feasible to clone NXT code bases, it would probably not possible until April even though it might be possible earlier  

2. Gathering a mass movement with at least more than 3000 stake holders.

3. In the mean time, we can discuss making logo, currency symbol, setting forum; discussing everything else

4. At some point, I will set up some type of exchange to buy/ sell initial stakes. This will probably happen before the genesis block.

5. Community should give input and make the movement possible. Because at this point I only have 1 account stake as many others.

Hold up...so now we're going to fork NXT ?
What happened to coding from scratch ? What are the problems ? time, funds, people ?

CHANGE YOUR SIGNATURES !

Eadeqa

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 10:04:43 AM

Any news

Here is plan.

1. It is feasible to clone NXT code bases, it would probably not possible until April even though it might be possible earlier  

3. In the mean time, we can discuss making logo, currency symbol, setting forum; discussing everything else

4. At some point, I will set up some type of exchange to buy/ sell initial stakes. This will probably happen before the genesis block.

5. Community should give input and make the movement possible. Because at this point I only have 1 account stake as many others.

What happened to coding from scratch ? What are the problems ? time, funds, people ?

CHANGE YOUR SIGNATURES !

Look at the dates. You are responding to old post from Jan 21st

Nomi, Shan, Adnan, Noshi, Nxt, Adn Khn
NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
https://github.com/Lafihh/encryptiontest
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 10:10:41 AM

Any news

Here is plan.

CHANGE YOUR SIGNATURES !

Look at the dates. You are responding to old post from Jan 21st

lulz...I checked the date because I was sure this had to be old but I thought it was 21 feb  so brand new Smiley
Thanks for clearing it up.

CHANGE YOUR SIGNATURES AGAIN ! xD

JavaCoder

Activity: 22

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 10:11:51 AM

In my opinion the NEM logo should be as simple as possible.

Due to the fact that Bitcoin started it all, I suggest to use just something like this:

http://i59.tinypic.com/mw2w42.png

very simple, but i like it! why not use blue (not green)   Wink
TauMuon

Activity: 224

NEM Enthusiast

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 10:24:08 AM

In my opinion the NEM logo should be as simple as possible.

Due to the fact that Bitcoin started it all, I suggest to use just something like this:

very simple, but i like it! why not use blue (not green)   Wink

Yeah, I feel NEM's colours are blue and white.

NEM - New Economy Movement - http://blog.nem.io/overview/ | www.reddit.com/r/nem | https://www.facebook.com/ourNEM | https://twitter.com/nemcoin
Built from the Ground up with 100% Original Code | A Second-Generation Crypto, Radically Improved over Bitcoin | Philosophy of Solidarity and Egalitarianism
highscore

Activity: 286

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 10:34:49 AM

when it begin?
Pages: « 1 ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 [120] 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 ... 484 »
  Print  

Jump to: