Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 02:10:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 [371] 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 ... 484 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEM] NEM -New Economy Movement - No Envy Movement - Updates+Discussion thread  (Read 661421 times)
utopianfuture (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 268

Internet of Value

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 03:05:42 PM

Might i ask in the forth coming road map of NEM is there a political stance ?

Machine has no politics, people have. So it is up to the community.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
█████████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
  TomoChain  •    •  TomoChain 
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
$dakini

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 03:12:46 PM

how can I enter the auction?
utopianfuture (OP)

Internet of Value

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 03:14:48 PM

The one thing holding all crypto-currencies back is volatility and price stabality.

If Nem can implement a decentralized bank similar to what bitshares is doing.

Its game, set and match.

I am skeptical about bitshare economic model. I don't think the way they peg bitusd arbitrarily to $ could work in practice. Lending business is pretty difficult to do with bitcoin because of its deflation nature so i am interested so see if anyone can come up with a viable model.     

Maybe a NEM stabilization fund would do the trick for volatility.

As for Bitcoin lending, here is a startup trying to do just that. https://btcjam.com/

Is that correct that they lend people btc and receive btc in the future with some return? So borrowers have to exchange btc to fiat to pay for whatever the reason they borrow btc in the first place: buy a car, pay the bill etc. It is where the exchange risk disaster come in. If when the loan is due in 6 months and btc jump 10 times where does the borrowers get the money to buy btc to pay back. Lending business works best when the currency is super stable and it is certainly not the case with btc.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
utopianfuture (OP)

Internet of Value

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 03:16:39 PM

how can I enter the auction?

I will publish the auction format detail possibly later today. It is good that people know in advance how it is going to work.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
CoinsInTheCan

Activity: 240
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 03:21:41 PM

Have to wait?

No, you can go.  Grin   Grin
abofj

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 03:47:31 PM

Lets just settle at 10BTC per stake so we don't get disappointed.

+1,Too high expectations are unrealistic

Overall picture. When bitcoin mkt. cap was over 10 billion it was still ridiculously low compared to money sloshing around in world markets.
When world markets start to come under serious pressure again the money inflows to crypto will be much bigger than before. Better quality crypto currencies to go to. If the developers Nem has are truly top class
 then Nem should compete with Btc. I expect to see at least 8 billion mkt cap for Nem in the next crisis.

Another point. Have sock puppets been refunded yet?

Yes, and I think we'll have another major crisis about next year, so NEM needs to be ready for that. An economy based on lies and greed can't last forever.

What signs of crisis u see? What is the source of it?  USA again? China, Europe? Ukraine?

It's simple,too much debt in the system with no chance of paying it off. We are now seeing it cracking up
at an increased rate.Free markets are being manipulated TOO MUCH. The strains cause problems everywhere including things like you mentioned. In the not
too distant future something will tip it all over the edge.

Lets assume we'll have the next crisis in 2015.
Will people have trust enough to search "solution" from crypto currency or will they search something that is more in their own hands?

Starfleet.Intelligence

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 04:58:56 PM

Overall picture. When bitcoin mkt. cap was over 10 billion it was still ridiculously low compared to money sloshing around in world markets.
When world markets start to come under serious pressure again the money inflows to crypto will be much bigger than before. Better quality crypto currencies to go to. If the developers Nem has are truly top class
 then Nem should compete with Btc. I expect to see at least 8 billion mkt cap for Nem in the next crisis.

Yes, and I think we'll have another major crisis about next year, so NEM needs to be ready for that. An economy based on lies and greed can't last forever.

What signs of crisis u see? What is the source of it?  USA again? China, Europe? Ukraine?

It's simple,too much debt in the system with no chance of paying it off. We are now seeing it cracking up
at an increased rate.Free markets are being manipulated TOO MUCH. The strains cause problems everywhere including things like you mentioned. In the not

Will people have trust enough to search "solution" from crypto currency or will they search something that is more in their own hands?

Good point, I agree.
But what if, by then, crypto currency will be prohibited by a law?
xtester

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

Risk taker & Black Swan farmer.

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 04:59:16 PM

The one thing holding all crypto-currencies back is volatility and price stabality.

If Nem can implement a decentralized bank similar to what bitshares is doing.

Its game, set and match.

I am skeptical about bitshare economic model. I don't think the way they peg bitusd arbitrarily to $ could work in practice. Lending business is pretty difficult to do with bitcoin because of its deflation nature so i am interested so see if anyone can come up with a viable model.     

Maybe a NEM stabilization fund would do the trick for volatility.

As for Bitcoin lending, here is a startup trying to do just that. https://btcjam.com/

Is that correct that they lend people btc and receive btc in the future with some return? So borrowers have to exchange btc to fiat to pay for whatever the reason they borrow btc in the first place: buy a car, pay the bill etc. It is where the exchange risk disaster come in. If when the loan is due in 6 months and btc jump 10 times where does the borrowers get the money to buy btc to pay back. Lending business works best when the currency is super stable and it is certainly not the case with btc.

Right, I understand the problem. I was just pointing out that someone was already trying it, though am not sure what the effect will be.
mr smith

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 05:04:18 PM

Good point, I agree.
If there is a major correction in the economy it could happen any time. The only thing keeping the Ponzi scam going is the FED buying it's own debt and transferring it around the world.
50/60 % youth unemployment in some countries. These are kids of the future whose lives a blighted by this scam. Enforced poverty for millions so the rich get richer. House prices in the Uk are ballooning of the plot. Kids leaving school have no chance of ever buying a place.

The UK is seen as a safe haven for assets. The amount of private Foreign money slushing around buying property with cash is staggering. Wages are still way down, pensions have been screwed over thanks in part to Gordon Browns one eye madness. Kids are pushed into £60 k+ school debt unless your Scottish (Gordon Brown) The jobs that are created are mainly low paid dead end shit ones.

We are giving £6 billion plus in aid to places like China and Nigeria !!! even though we are a trillion + in Debt. All this has no meaning to governments because they are just numbers punched into a keyboard and it is the citizens that are ENSLAVED by the few.

I hope if it all goes pear shaped people stuffing money into the Uk should understand they are creditors not depositors in banks.  "Hair cuts" bail ins wont just  apply to cash. Property will be on the hit list. After all when a country is flat broke it can only turn on it,s population for their own good.

I'm ranting on but Physical gold silver are difficult to confiscate and so to are currencies such as NEM's. So when / if the shit hits the fan you might one a hold dude lol.

New Economy Movement
Philosophy of Solidarity and Egalitarianism
titan20

Activity: 427
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 07:22:54 PM

Good point, I agree.
If there is a major correction in the economy it could happen any time. The only thing keeping the Ponzi scam going is the FED buying it's own debt and transferring it around the world.
50/60 % youth unemployment in some countries. These are kids of the future whose lives a blighted by this scam. Enforced poverty for millions so the rich get richer. House prices in the Uk are ballooning of the plot. Kids leaving school have no chance of ever buying a place.

The UK is seen as a safe haven for assets. The amount of private Foreign money slushing around buying property with cash is staggering. Wages are still way down, pensions have been screwed over thanks in part to Gordon Browns one eye madness. Kids are pushed into £60 k+ school debt unless your Scottish (Gordon Brown) The jobs that are created are mainly low paid dead end shit ones.

We are giving £6 billion plus in aid to places like China and Nigeria !!! even though we are a trillion + in Debt. All this has no meaning to governments because they are just numbers punched into a keyboard and it is the citizens that are ENSLAVED by the few.

I hope if it all goes pear shaped people stuffing money into the Uk should understand they are creditors not depositors in banks.  "Hair cuts" bail ins wont just  apply to cash. Property will be on the hit list. After all when a country is flat broke it can only turn on it,s population for their own good.

I'm ranting on but Physical gold silver are difficult to confiscate and so to are currencies such as NEM's. So when / if the shit hits the fan you might one a hold dude lol.

When the SHTF there will be capital controls introduced by the governments.

Look recently at Cyprus!

That's when cryptocurrencies kick in.

They can't control it. You just cross the border with a smile on your face Smiley

AUTO COIN

▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀                       ▀█▄
▄▄▄▄ ▄█                           █▄ ▄▄▄▄
█   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   █
▀▀█▀                                 ▀█▀▀
▄▀                                     ▀▄
▄▄▀▄▄▄▄                                 ▄▄▄▄▀▄▄
█       ▀▀▄                           ▄▀▀       █
█          █                         █          █
█▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀█
▒▀▄       ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██       ▄▀▒
▒█▀▀▀▀▄▄  █              ▀              █  ▄▄▀▀▀▀█▒
▒█      █ ▀▄                           ▄▀ █      █▒
▒▀▄▀▄▄▄▄▀  █▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀█  ▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▒
▒▒▒▀▄▄▄▄▄ █                             █ ▄▄▄▄▄▀▒▒▒
 ▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
      Stand-Alone Solutions Set to Revolutionize the Automotive Sector     
WEBSITEWHITEPAPERTWITTERTELEGRAMFACEBOOKYOUTUBEINSTAGRAM
cupper5

Activity: 45

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 07:44:38 PM

Good point, I agree.

When the SHTF there will be capital controls introduced by the governments.

Look recently at Cyprus!

That's when cryptocurrencies kick in.

They can't control it. You just cross the border with a smile on your face Smiley

Yes, with your helmet on,sit tight with your silver , gold and cryptos and wait for things to blow over. The
utopian future might be nearer.
mrvegad

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 08:07:38 PM

Hello,

somebody kann helps me, i have some questions  Smiley

I like nem  Kiss.

1) Exists a Software Client for nem? When no, when it is ready  and where i can download it?

2) It is possible to buy nem now?

3) Exists a Exchange where i can buy nem? When i can trade nem on Exchange?

4) www.ournem.com is official site of nem?

Thanks.

Kind regards
Speedy

1. a alpha client will be out soon to test for bugs.
2. no not right now but there is an auction coming where you will be able to bid on some NEM.
3. no exchanges yet but there will be when NEM goes live.
4. yes and here is the NEM forum http://forum.nemcoin.com/index.php
Secondleo

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 08:16:14 PM

What I am really wondering. Don't know if it came up anywhere by now.

Will NEM be easy to use? Like foolproof easy.
Cryptos are all nice and superior and grand technology and all. But what about usability?

Will the coin be designed in a way that average joy can use it without double or triple checking every transaction to make sure he doesn't send his money to a wrong place while still being secure?

This point is utterly important. Without ease of use NEM will be just another niche product for pretty smart people with a paranoid touch. And with ease of use I mean as easy and secure as having a bank account.

And I mean everyday secure. Not SHTF secure.
BitcoinForumator
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 08:22:18 PM

Cryptos are all nice and superior and grand technology and all. But what about usability?

Will the coin be designed in a way that average joy can use it without double or triple checking every transaction to make sure he doesn't send his money to a wrong place while still being secure?

This point is utterly important. Without ease of use NEM will be just another niche product for pretty smart people with a paranoid touch. And with ease of use I mean as easy and secure as having a bank account.

This in bolded red font.
CoinsInTheCan

Activity: 240
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 09:25:25 PM

Yes, yes and yes ! ! ! 

Any crypto that could achieve grandma-level ease of use will be very strong contender for feature-rich platforms. That easy coin would be first choice for supermarkets and such. We can only hope that it could be done with NEM in a way that grandmas don't have to care the advanced features, they only need to use "the coin" and get some discount compared to credit card and ease of use need to be on the same level. (It's already hard to remember that 4 digit pin or where the hell did i save it  Cheesy )
chuck888

Activity: 12

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 11:28:12 PM

Very excited about NEM, looking forward to the release and will do everything I can to spread the word.

I agree, this is very important for reaching everyday use of this coin.
yajos

Activity: 54

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 11:32:55 PM

Hello,

somebody kann helps me, i have some questions  Smiley

I like nem  Kiss.

1) Exists a Software Client for nem? When no, when it is ready  and where i can download it?

2) It is possible to buy nem now?

3) Exists a Exchange where i can buy nem? When i can trade nem on Exchange?

4) www.ournem.com is official site of nem?

Thanks.

Kind regards
Speedy

1. a alpha client will be out soon to test for bugs.
2. no not right now but there is an auction coming where you will be able to bid on some NEM.
3. no exchanges yet but there will be when NEM goes live.
4. yes and here is the NEM forum http://forum.nemcoin.com/index.php

You can find more info at page 1 of this thread  Wink

rocker10

Activity: 39

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 01:02:59 AM

A webinar for our web design team.

SEO in 2014: Fact, Fiction and Sensationalism
Tuesday, May 20th, 2014 2pm ET / 11am PT
www.websitemagazine.com/content/blogs/webinar/archive/2014/04/30/seo-in-2014-fact-fiction-and-sensationalism.aspx
cords51

Activity: 44

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 01:22:35 AM

Is the stakeholder list final yet?

First post suggests that it is, but just checking. I'm on it - yay
utopianfuture (OP)

Internet of Value

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 01:53:38 AM

Is the stakeholder list final yet?

First post suggests that it is, but just checking. I'm on it - yay

That is the final.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
Pages: « 1 ... 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 [371] 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 ... 484 »
  Print  

Jump to: