Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:40:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 [387] 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][HUC] Huntercoin - Worlds First Decentralized Game/World on the Blockchain  (Read 879142 times)
The Bitcoin Co-op
Legendary

Activity: 1268
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2016, 03:04:31 AM

I did not ask to teach me how to play this game! I'm stating a fact-sided game, but not as much as you say may be so, and maybe so ....

I suspect that this is your bots play. Too you reassurance to the contrary, when you are telling the truth! You just simply deny everything and do not want to understand anything.
Although quite the opposite! Once again, I repeat for those who have the brain in the armor, I'm not the first day of play this game!!!!

I feel like I know snailbrain pretty well, by now, and I really doubt he's operating any bots, and I'm certain he's not cheating via blockchain/node manipulation. So far, the explanations he's been giving for what happened all appear extremely logical and also grounded in knowledge of how the game functions.

If you really think cheating is going on, though, it should be possible to prove. There are two possible scenarios:

1.  Somebody has lots of mining power. If they were implementing a 51% attack, though, we would see the blockchain reorganize, so I don't think they're doing it that way.

Therefore, if somebody is cheating with mining power, they would probably just be refusing to confirm opponents' transactions and giving their own moves priority. If we saw the hash rate increase drastically at coincidental times, and if we were able to determine the blocks actually mined at such times were all mined by the same person, then we would have some evidence for your theory.

2.  Somebody has lots of nodes, and is using them to wall off the network and refuse to relay opponents' transactions. I feel like this might be harder for us to detect, but still possible. Maybe you could ping all the nodes you're connected to or otherwise try to determine if they're operated by the same person. It would also be suspicious if the number of nodes on the network rose drastically at coincidental times.

If you want to investigate the issue, you just have to record a few things the next time you play, and I bet the developers will be willing to take a look with you. It's not good to take up all of their time for no reason, though, as they are very busy.

We work hard to promote Bitcoin adoption and the decentralization of society. You can support our efforts by donating BTC to 35wDNxFhDB6Ss8fgijUUpn2Yx6sggDgGqS

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin Co-op
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2016, 03:12:13 AM

how much is this profitable? if not too stressful how many hours a day i need to accumulate 0.01 btc per day? if i can't do it alone to reach that amount, can i reach it more fast with friends? thanks

You would have to play quite a few hours to make that much, unless you are very good at PVP combat. Not everybody can be, though, because somebody has to lose.

It might be easier with friends, yes, if you agreed to work together. You could take over the middle, where lots of coins are. But only one of you would be allowed to hold the Crown of Fortune at a time... maybe you could agree to split the money.  Tongue

We work hard to promote Bitcoin adoption and the decentralization of society. You can support our efforts by donating BTC to 35wDNxFhDB6Ss8fgijUUpn2Yx6sggDgGqS
snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1807
Merit: 1020

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 10:37:01 AM
Last edit: December 30, 2016, 12:12:20 PM by snailbrain

regarding HD wallet - using it to "play" in multiple client/wallets may not be a good idea.

Testing this myself - doesn't seem to work as well as it sounds. So make sure you backup often still.

Domob has explained how it works - so you should be fine to use in multiple locations.

if you are using multiple same HD wallets you can do this to sync them -

in console window (or daemon cli)

Code:
keypoolrefill 1000
can use a bigger number if needed..

then do a rescan (run daemon or qt with -rescan option). so, you can't really do this with a pruned chain.

another option, so you can use a pruned chain (which i have not tested but i guess should work), would be to do a keypoolrefill 10000, then copy your wallet to the other locations... so you can then use this in an unpruned chain for ~10k tx's?

you could maybe do 100k, but i guess it starts to hurt performance at a certain point - not sure when/where. maybe there are some bitcoin benchmarks

snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 10:29:21 PM
Last edit: December 30, 2016, 10:49:14 PM by snailbrain

Huntercore + Unity3d 1.22 Installer/Updater NO CHAIN included - Use this to update unity if you have already installed the All-in-One OR if you want to use the installer but sync from scratch.
Windows > https://mega.nz/#!AUlWAQqZ!JSnkDBM2qJeeODNYu_YGnsnMg8TK_8gcpelEmG5HCUE

This is a joke ? ? ?

http://prntscr.com/dpv77f

false positive

-

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/9d4cc0004929c390a26921a6c6ba0479de16850ce98d260d719cbd363fd08504/analysis/1483136823/

snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 01, 2017, 12:57:34 PM

Happy New Year from the Huntercoin team

wiggi

Activity: 403
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 01, 2017, 01:10:30 PM

how much is this profitable? if not too stressful how many hours a day i need to accumulate 0.01 btc per day? if i can't do it alone to reach that amount, can i reach it more fast with friends? thanks

you can make - if you harvested all the coins and didn't pvp - about 12k coins a day.  about 0.15 btc at current huc value.
As there are other people playing, if you played 247 you could maybe get 1/3 to 1/4 of that.
Combat takes some getting used to though, so you may end up dying (and losing 100 huc each time you die)- could be worth testing out on testnet first.

Playing Huntercoin shouldn't be stressful but it is if you have to harvest single coins while the usual campers probably have a more advanced setup. (not sure what they really use)

I think the client(s) need to be able to do some coin grabbing, perhaps regular solo players can make more hunters, and play more often, and can better focus on the fights.

Also important imo: players shouldn't need redundant (or at least very stable) internet connection to play with several hunters, the client can make sure that the path always ends on a banking tile.
(Unless you order the hunter to go elsewhere)

pics taken with betterQt built from latest source on github (need to be more reliable and configurable but kinda fun to play with)

snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 09:54:10 PM

you can make - if you harvested all the coins and didn't pvp - about 12k coins a day.  about 0.15 btc at current huc value.
As there are other people playing, if you played 247 you could maybe get 1/3 to 1/4 of that.
Combat takes some getting used to though, so you may end up dying (and losing 100 huc each time you die)- could be worth testing out on testnet first.

Playing Huntercoin shouldn't be stressful but it is if you have to harvest single coins while the usual campers probably have a more advanced setup. (not sure what they really use)

I think the client(s) need to be able to do some coin grabbing, perhaps regular solo players can make more hunters, and play more often, and can better focus on the fights.

Also important imo: players shouldn't need redundant (or at least very stable) internet connection to play with several hunters, the client can make sure that the path always ends on a banking tile.
(Unless you order the hunter to go elsewhere)

pics taken with betterQt built from latest source on github (need to be more reliable and configurable but kinda fun to play with)

good work Wiggi.

OSYA

Activity: 647
Merit: 255

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 02:45:45 PM

Well, as we found out (I doubt that's true), and destruct change of the route depends on luck. 1 may be a block unit 2 may or may 3. As practice has shown, not only affects the luck it!

Just yesterday came the person who strictly in 1 unit and change the course of the movement as strictly destruct in 2 blocks! By the way have been seen previously that the shooting bots and 1 block and 2 and 3. Despite the fact that it was not just luck! It was evident from the behavior that they know when they will work destruct.

Based on these facts I can safely assume that there are some additional settings that are more accurate. But unfortunately these settings probably available only to the elite, and not to provide a wide range of people!
Previously it was setting committee in QT, but now it is removed! Previously, I tried to change Igrat fee per transaction, but helps and I have concluded that it does not work!
Now I realize that all the same it works, just need to be able to use it! But the developers, we - just a player on this do not say anything

wiggi

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 10:02:03 PM

Previously it was setting committee in QT, but now it is removed! Previously, I tried to change Igrat fee per transaction, but helps and I have concluded that it does not work!

If you mean the "Pay transaction fee" in setting menu of the old Qt client, a line in the config file like "paytxfee=0.01" should do the same.

Huntercore setting menu is just a 1:1 clone of Bitcoin's, probably, and doesn't have "Pay transaction fee".

Also, the fee per KB calculation in Huntercore *may* be a bit different than in the old nodes. (and some miners use Huntercore, some use the old daemon)

I think almost no game tx (if sent with old Qt) pays more than 0.018 HUC, so paytxfee=0.018 would be a safe setting for Huntercore.

MithrilMan

Activity: 554
Merit: 502

Developer!

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2017, 02:40:36 PM

I think I've found a bug:

when a hunter that's just born, distruct&move while an enemy is passing nearby, the enemy die, but the killer doesn't get the 100 HUC from him
note that the enemy was just passing across, without stopping at spawn (and he had no pending moves) so this sounds really like a bug, and a LOSE-LOSE situation where the killer gets nothing and the killed lose 100 (where did these 100 go tho !?)

Huntercoin: Mithril Edition - Alternative client for Huntercoin - (Discontinued)
HUC: HMSCYGYJ5wo9FiniVU4pXWGUu8E8PSmoHE  - BTC: 1DKLf1QKAZ5njucq37pZhMRG67qXDP3vPC
rant to people who pretend things for free
The Bitcoin Co-op
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2017, 04:55:20 PM

when a hunter that's just born, distruct&move while an enemy is passing nearby, the enemy die, but the killer doesn't get the 100 HUC from him
note that the enemy was just passing across, without stopping at spawn (and he had no pending moves) so this sounds really like a bug, and a LOSE-LOSE situation where the killer gets nothing and the killed lose 100 (where did these 100 go tho !?)

Actually, I believe they did that on purpose. It would be too easy to profit by killing people immediately after spawning because spectator mode gives you a first strike advantage

MithrilMan

Developer!

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2017, 07:49:12 PM

Actually, I believe they did that on purpose. It would be too easy to profit by killing people immediately after spawning because spectator mode gives you a first strike advantage

If that's the case, than it should not kill the enemy neither. Why kill someone, making him lose money, if the killer can't even gain that value? this is why i said it's a lose-lose, what do you think? Or did the killed enemy get his 100 refounded (i doubt)

Huntercoin: Mithril Edition - Alternative client for Huntercoin - (Discontinued)
HUC: HMSCYGYJ5wo9FiniVU4pXWGUu8E8PSmoHE  - BTC: 1DKLf1QKAZ5njucq37pZhMRG67qXDP3vPC
Icon

Activity: 821
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 08:10:01 PM

Better yet why not use the same rule set in spawn area same as the people who are carrying the crown, they cant attack in spawn area period Smiley

Icon

snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 09:00:34 PM

The 100 should go into gamefund (this was tested on testnet before the fork).
you can probably test this by doing a game_getstate before and after

If you are not able to destruct you have the issue in that you are then "pending" and vulnerable to attack if you move (they dont have to move of course), but then this could promote camping the spawn areas.
For someone to exploit the current setup would be virtually impossible.

There should be less of an issue the way it is now, if not, then explain why and we can discuss.

either way, the probability of it happening should be insanely slim if you avoid invulnerable hunters in the spawn area (even though they have not a lot of incentive to kill you as they lose destruct fee and don't get your coins)

wiggi

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 09:22:10 PM

Better yet why not use the same rule set in spawn area same as the people who are carrying the crown, they cant attack in spawn area period Smiley

Icon

If the new guys (or all hunters) cant attack in spawn area then we would perhaps see campers on tiles adjacent to the spawn strip, and they could kill the new hunters when they (the new guys) start moving.

The life-steal system works in the way that only attackable hunters are eligible to get drained life (first all drained life goes to the gamefund and some hunters die, then it's distributed to some of the surviving attackable hunters)

Imho it's pretty well balanced as it is, the camper (or unlucky passer-by) dies but there is also no incentive to try killing hunters in that way. And the passer-by can defend normally against attacks of newly spawned hunters.

MithrilMan

Developer!

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2017, 01:10:03 AM

Icon

If the new guys (or all hunters) cant attack in spawn area then we would perhaps see campers on tiles adjacent to the spawn strip, and they could kill the new hunters when they (the new guys) start moving.

The life-steal system works in the way that only attackable hunters are eligible to get drained life (first all drained life goes to the gamefund and some hunters die, then it's distributed to some of the surviving attackable hunters)

Imho it's pretty well balanced as it is, the camper (or unlucky passer-by) dies but there is also no incentive to try killing hunters in that way. And the passer-by can defend normally against attacks of newly spawned hunters.

I was not involved in the action, not this time at least (but this behaviour explain something that happened to me in the past) but from what i saw, this case was about an "unlucky passenger" that had a new hunter popped in front of him and the passenger didn't triggered destruct, and the result was what i said, the blue passenger died, the (yellow?) new player survived but with no money

So ok, you now state that this is wanted, but I don't agree this should work this way, because this is causing confusion in players without adding any value to the game:

If the new player CAN attack, but can't get hit,  why then let him destroy the enemy? I don't understand how that could prevent spawn camping if is just a matter of timing or how can this save some scenario that maybe i'm missing...

- If you are trying to protect the new hunter, how this could help, and anyway why not let take coins from the victim?
- If you are trying to protect from "spawn and attack", why let the new hunter kill the victim?

can you please elaborate how this is balanced in your view, if someone can lose (die) without having a chance to win?
this is unbalanced by definition. Ok he can defend, but this don't change the fact that he can just lose and not win (while the new hunter has nothing to lose except 1 huc for an attack)

So why not just get rid of destruct from spawn area? (this is a retoric question, this change requires an hard fork, but at least in next changes consider adding this kind of moves validations)

And then a note about all this kind of "hidden rules": If the rule "a new player can't attack as first move" is true, then... anyone doing an attack as a first move should at least (in the client) have a warning/error, or better, the huntercore RPC should validate the moves and tell "no boy, you can't attack" or "if you kill someone, you will get ... nothing!".

In the previous version, attack was 20 HUC and a similar scenario was when the crown holder tried to attack someone... he just wasted everytime 20 HUC without giving a clue that an attack from the crownholder was just ignored.
This kind of things are perceived as bugs or broken gameplay from players, and is important to take care of this.

Probably the "Crown Holder attack bug" can be fixed better than the "spawn attack bug" because a soft fork is enough to prevent someone waste money and by giving some feedback on the GUIs (unity/qt/wtc..)

Giving that a change of this behaviour doesn't require an hard fork but just a huntercore/qt/unity/whatever fix, i think this should be done.
Having the "User first" and "keep it simple" rule in mind is the first step for a better and usable software, even more for this kind of software (game) that should be playable without reading manuals

cheers

The Bitcoin Co-op
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2017, 07:17:16 AM

Imho it's pretty well balanced as it is, the camper (or unlucky passer-by) dies but there is also no incentive to try killing hunters in that way.

I don't really see a problem with the combat rules for newly-spawned Hunters, but I have to point out a flaw in this logic. I have killed many Hunters with my newly-spawned Hunter, despite not getting 100 HUC for doing so, and I did have two incentives:

1. A logical incentive, in that the less Hunters there are in the vicinity, the more newly-minted coins I can collect, myself
2. An emotional incentive, in that I just want to hurt the Dominator

snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 05:26:28 PM

So ok, you now state that this is wanted, but I don't agree this should work this way, because this is causing confusion in players without adding any value to the game:

If the new player CAN attack, but can't get hit,  why then let him destroy the enemy? I don't understand how that could prevent spawn camping if is just a matter of timing or how can this save some scenario that maybe i'm missing...

- If you are trying to protect the new hunter, how this could help, and anyway why not let take coins from the victim?
- If you are trying to protect from "spawn and attack", why let the new hunter kill the victim?

can you please elaborate how this is balanced in your view, if someone can lose (die) without having a chance to win?

It's about protecting the new hunter who spawns, not the other way around.

If you do not let them destruct, they may never be able to move, because the spawn areas could be camped by hunters who weave on and off the spawn pads. OR just walk around the spawn pads..

If you let them destruct and don't give them coins for doing it, then it should stop anyone attempting to camp the spawns, and also stop people spawning millions of hunters to catch out people banking (although this would be too expensive to do anyway due to the random spawn locations).

And then a note about all this kind of "hidden rules": If the rule "a new player can't attack as first move" is true, then... anyone doing an attack as a first move should at least (in the client) have a warning/error, or better, the huntercore RPC should validate the moves and tell "no boy, you can't attack" or "if you kill someone, you will get ... nothing!".

There is a bounty if you want to write the rules, but i thought you stopped collaborating on the project..
Everytime i do an attack in a FPS or a game, i don't get a warning, i just need to know the rules of the game. e.g. i don't get a warning that says "if you fire this gun at this object it will bounce back and hit you doing dmg".

In the previous version, attack was 20 HUC and a similar scenario was when the crown holder tried to attack someone... he just wasted everytime 20 HUC without giving a clue that an attack from the crownholder was just ignored.
This kind of things are perceived as bugs or broken gameplay from players, and is important to take care of this.

Probably the "Crown Holder attack bug" can be fixed better than the "spawn attack bug" because a soft fork is enough to prevent someone waste money and by giving some feedback on the GUIs (unity/qt/wtc..)

1. there is no spawn attack bug. It is working as intended-  there may be some technical bug we have missed of course, but unlikely.

2. the crown, and being able to destruct and it eating your destruct fee - is a minor issue that will be rectified...AND
 the QT DOES  block people from destructing with the crown when using the gametab.. it could have been rectified in third party clients as well very easily if it was causing an issue for users of third party clients.

cheers

honghaisea

Activity: 952

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 02:03:21 PM

is there any telegram or slack? Huh
The Bitcoin Co-op
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2017, 04:16:52 PM

is there any telegram or slack? Huh

We'll have a Slack very soon. We just don't want to make it public until we've announced a couple surprises  Wink

Pages: « 1 ... 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 [387] 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 »
  Print  

Jump to: