Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:41:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 [389] 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][HUC] Huntercoin - Worlds First Decentralized Game/World on the Blockchain  (Read 879144 times)
sulfurtank

Activity: 592
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 07:11:36 PM

What happened to the Android/iOS client please? As that would really make a difference I think

As far as I know money allocated for production were converted into btc and sent to nigerian zoo in seven chunks.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin Co-op
Legendary

Activity: 1268
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2017, 11:36:00 PM

What happened to the Android/iOS client please? As that would really make a difference I think

As far as I know money allocated for production were converted into btc and sent to nigerian zoo in seven chunks.

The Huntercoin team has been working for free so far. There was very little money to allocate for production because the premine was lost with Mikhail's passing.

We work hard to promote Bitcoin adoption and the decentralization of society. You can support our efforts by donating BTC to 35wDNxFhDB6Ss8fgijUUpn2Yx6sggDgGqS
Jungian
Legendary

Activity: 930
Merit: 1010

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 05:24:02 AM

The Huntercoin team has been working for free so far. There was very little money to allocate for production because the premine was lost with Mikhail's passing.

How much was the premine?

I think Monero (XMR) is very interesting.
https://moneroeconomy.com/faq/why-monero-matters
The Bitcoin Co-op
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2017, 08:10:41 AM

How much was the premine?

I don't think it was very much, anyways, actually. Like 85K HUC IIRC

We work hard to promote Bitcoin adoption and the decentralization of society. You can support our efforts by donating BTC to 35wDNxFhDB6Ss8fgijUUpn2Yx6sggDgGqS
OSYA

Activity: 647
Merit: 255

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 01:52:09 PM

Regarding unity client, you must press the "update" button to see new moves in the memory pool. it does not auto check the memory pool for name_pendings.

I use regularly

1. At bots destruction takes place in the course of 1, 2 and 3 turns! It's not luck, and in any case not a coincidence! They are destroyed as they should be! They all goes according to plan!

can you explain what you mean - do you mean one of these bots is destructing every block? if so give us a block number this occured in and character name.

It happens to all of the bot hunters all over the map! Their destruct does not work according to the rules, and how to bot owner!

3.Sometimes it happens that a hunter throws in another plane! For example, we have vertical rows of cells 150, I'm going horizontally on the 75th row and throws me into the 74th horizontal and bot kills me!
Question: how moved me?

it';s impossible - unless you had network issue and then it skipped a few blocks.. if you tell us the block number we can check to see if that did happen.

This situation was repeated to me twice! What it was I can not say the block

4. We go with the enemy to each other at a meeting between us a distance of 2 cell destruction and I hit the enemy presses too, but I find myself dead!

this is only possioble if may be your destruct went in first (next block), and his skipped a block.. or some other scenario may be.

This happens very often! Recently, more and more often!
I will not enumerate all situations, but one of them in 1566227+ block  "ik14" killed "ik30"

Examine the situation around Hunter b6 block 1566450+. I can not describe this disorder censorship words, it must be seen!
I do not know how it will look in the history ... In fact, it looked like the blocks back and forth and waiting hunters at all times

I understand your pain, but i don't know what to say.
Maybe download some software which checks your internet connection by constantly pinging an IP address... at least as a start.

all is well with my Internet connection! I never complained! From Computers is also not dependent!

MithrilMan

Activity: 554
Merit: 502

Developer!

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2017, 06:29:43 PM

they have "\r\n" and spaces.. this is a known issue caused by MirthilMans client.

http://forum.huntercoin.org/index.php/topic,1970.0.html

Probably MithrilMan has created a bot now that he is using in the game to take over from the last dominator or join forces with him.
Just speculation..

what you see is an evidence of my client, is just an evidence that the command is sent using a formatted (indented) json, and that's the standard behaviour of many libraries (on .Net that's the standard JObject.ToString of Json, the de-facto standard of json).

I'm not even sure if I already "fixed" that problem (there is nothing wrong sending a formatted json, except the wasted space and so a lenghty transaction)

@ OSYA:
During my game sessions, i died several times vs ik guys (and b and r ) in past days, in "weird" ways, often (or better, mostly) when the blocks are generated very fast or very slow, so you should be fair and admit that you won even matches because of strange net behaviour. If you are the *ik* guy, you are playing with around 40/50 hunters, a lot!!!

I even experienced lot of moves that were accepted after 3 blocks, but this could be because of fast block generation and bad timing (when a new block arrive, you send a move but once it reach the miner, a new block has been already been mined) and even pending moves sometimes are misleading, because when you receive one, maybe a block has been already generated and this could lead to unexpected behaviour (you think he'll destroy in 2 block when it explode the very next block)

Anyway I agree that this way the gameplay is compromised, because with too fast blocks the time to react is little and this advantage bots
Did you use a bot with ik? it seems that it caused my client to crash because it sent an invalid move (a waypoint over a non walkable cell). If you are using Unity client than it's a Unity client bug.

Anyway often at night (here) someone turn on mining power because blocks are generated very fast (even 3 per minute), the network need a stable mining network

@Domob/Snailbrain
I installed the unity+huntercore pack with the pruned blockchain (OP link), and when i tried to start the huntercore, it didn't downloaded any blocks, could this because the current nodes are only pruned nodes and i can't update because there are missing blocks from the uploaded version to the current one?
If yes, this prevent any new player to join the game...

Huntercoin: Mithril Edition - Alternative client for Huntercoin - (Discontinued)
HUC: HMSCYGYJ5wo9FiniVU4pXWGUu8E8PSmoHE  - BTC: 1DKLf1QKAZ5njucq37pZhMRG67qXDP3vPC
rant to people who pretend things for free
domob
Legendary

Activity: 1135
Merit: 1161

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2017, 07:01:03 PM

@Domob/Snailbrain
I installed the unity+huntercore pack with the pruned blockchain (OP link), and when i tried to start the huntercore, it didn't downloaded any blocks, could this because the current nodes are only pruned nodes and i can't update because there are missing blocks from the uploaded version to the current one?

I've not checked the network recently, in theory this could happen (and I think I mentioned it from time to time, we certainly want a set of unpruned nodes running on the network!).  My own client is unpruned, but I only run it from time to time when my laptop is on.

Use your Namecoin identity as OpenID: https://nameid.org/
Donations: 1domobKsPZ5cWk2kXssD8p8ES1qffGUCm | NMC: NCdomobcmcmVdxC5yxMitojQ4tvAtv99pY
BM-GtQnWM3vcdorfqpKXsmfHQ4rVYPG5pKS | GPG 0xA7330737
OSYA

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 07:20:47 PM

MithrilMan
Yes, you are right saying, but underestimate / protect intruders!
There is to be a slow review / processing of data from the Unity compared to your client (your ideal client was compared), but that's not all ... I am not so expert in the software as you, but I'm sure that there's something that interferes with the operation of the network in some way! There are many things that are not affiliated with a processing speed!

"ik" do not use bots, and no additional software to play a few hands of man. And I never used anything like this!

domob

And what are you then could add to our discussion?

The Bitcoin Co-op
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2017, 08:01:13 PM

MithrilMan
There is to be a slow review / processing of data from the Unity compared to your client (your ideal client was compared), but that's not all ... I am not so expert in the software as you, but I'm sure that there's something that interferes with the operation of the network in some way! There are many things that are not affiliated with a processing speed!

"ik" do not use bots, and no additional software to play a few hands of man. And I never used anything like this!

How can you be "sure" that something is maliciously interfering with the network if you cannot discuss the issue in detail with MithrilMan? He's not really biased on SnailBrain's side, or anything. We can try to look for the Hunter you mentioned earlier at the block time you said suspicious stuff happened, but domob is very busy; we shouldn't overly bother the developers too much.

snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1807
Merit: 1020

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 08:23:29 PM

@Domob/Snailbrain

may be need to do some addnodes - the huntercore client doesn't have any static nodes configured. I included the peers.dat which had some nodes i have connected to. did you use this?

the unity client doesn't allow to do any invalid moves (moving into an obstacle) so i'm not sure how that could have crashed your client.. it's possible, as with the QT, if the hunter was already moving and then the move became invalid later, because the path then goes through an obstacle, it becomes invalid, in which case it normally stops at the obstacle in the gamestate.

OSYA

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 08:59:30 PM

MithrilMan

How can you be "sure" that something is maliciously interfering with the network if you cannot discuss the issue in detail with MithrilMan? He's not really biased on SnailBrain's side, or anything. We can try to look for the Hunter you mentioned earlier at the block time you said suspicious stuff happened, but domob is very busy; we shouldn't overly bother the developers too much.
I understand that you do not understand what is at stake. Therefore it is better to remain silent and not to interfere!

I apologize for the sharpness!

MithrilMan

Developer!

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2017, 09:00:03 PM

the unity client doesn't allow to do any invalid moves (moving into an obstacle) so i'm not sure how that could have crashed your client.. it's possible, as with the QT, if the hunter was already moving and then the move became invalid later, because the path then goes through an obstacle, it becomes invalid, in which case it normally stops at the obstacle in the gamestate.

I don't know if it was unity or which client, but the sent transaction, had a waypoint set on a non walkable position and this shouldn't even be accepted in the blockchain i'd say, but maybe that check wasn't included and so went in. Anyway the game logic itself (huntercore) handle it, stopping the movement of the hunter on the last valid positionbut my client assumed (wrongly) that accepted moves were containing only valid waypoints and so my pathfinding+linearization alghoritm (i don't use the rpc call to compute the paths) crashed (of course I fixed that, but i was surprised by the invalid move itself)

Note that I talk about waypoints, so the cells that the user selected building their paths, because the game was already handling the eventual invalid moves that could happen during the linearization process.

P.S.
I'm not sure that invalid moves should be accepted into the blockchain, even if handled, because they violate the consensus rules (game rules). I'm wondering if there are other kind of invalid transactions that could cause bigger troubles

Huntercoin: Mithril Edition - Alternative client for Huntercoin - (Discontinued)
HUC: HMSCYGYJ5wo9FiniVU4pXWGUu8E8PSmoHE  - BTC: 1DKLf1QKAZ5njucq37pZhMRG67qXDP3vPC
logictense

Activity: 2146
Merit: 518

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2017, 10:35:48 PM

Firstly, hook up snailbrain's shirt to a rear bumper of a randomly chosen van, secondly, find somewhere a cutlery knife, wear Jason Voorhees' mask on ur face and start walking in front of a van. Driver will see u and get moving, making snailbrain's body drag behind his car. Can u imagine his pain?

aditya81

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 12:14:38 AM
Last edit: January 19, 2017, 01:55:15 AM by aditya81

you are genius snaibrain,genius devil,cheater fuck,you hack my wallet ,cause i can not moving my hunter,move block height arbitrarily(accelerate,slowdown,accelerate,slowdown)why?you cant beat me without cheat?,This game really makes crazy
aditya81

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 12:41:16 AM

you are genius snaibrain,genius devil,cheater fuck,you hack my wallet ,cause i can not moving my hunter,move block height arbitrarily(accelerate,slowdown,accelerate,slowdown),This game really makes crazy

congratulations your bot is dominator now
OSYA

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 01:54:55 AM

you are genius snaibrain,genius devil,cheater fuck,you hack my wallet ,cause i can not moving my hunter,move block height arbitrarily(accelerate,slowdown,accelerate,slowdown),This game really makes crazy

I have already described the situation today! I think all of us believe blockheads (like you guys are not experienced and all that)  Grin

Examine the situation around Hunter b6 block 1566450+. I can not describe this disorder censorship words, it must be seen!
I do not know how it will look in the history ... In fact, it looked like the blocks back and forth and waiting hunters at all times

duplan

Activity: 269
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 03:53:19 AM

I'm trying to find some real updates here , where are we ?

Please throw in , on occasion , some sensical comments 
for the lazy ones who don't want to go through the entire
thread of funny stuff that has to be interpreted/deciphered Roll Eyes

HUC forever !
snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 08:00:47 AM
Last edit: January 19, 2017, 09:06:39 AM by snailbrain

congratulations your bot is dominator now

the current domintator is MithrilMans bot (afaik).

I've not been playing for the last couple of weeks..

i've also not hacked your wallet...

-

It seems your time as the dominator (1 to 2 years??) has come to an end..

what you should really have done, was, instead of dumping all the coins, was donating a large chunk to the development fund - probably you amassed upwards of 8-10million HUCs but have sold almost all?
if you'd have donated say 10% to the development fund ...

MithrilMan

Developer!

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2017, 10:03:14 AM
Last edit: January 19, 2017, 10:13:19 AM by MithrilMan

the current domintator is MithrilMans bot (afaik).

It's since the game started that you keep linking me with bots, you even though I was BGB, I don't get why you are obsessed by me but ok, go ahead accusing me, pointing fingers at others could be a clue about something to hide.

I never accused you to run bots, I remember domob long time ago created a little framework and he was interested even on creating something (if i remember) that involve ants behaviours
I never accused anyone to run bots (I have to say somewhat i even apprecciate them when they are smart, within a programmer POV) but instead I focused on how to prevent someone running easy bots (without just rising costs or ridiculous fees) and this motivated me to create my client to counter those bots, giving people some tools (like insights and my automatic behaviours)... client that you made me quit to support because of your behaviour and habit to be harsh with people who try to help, and even worse with people who have a different idea than yours.

Now enjoy the consequences, but please do not involve me in your speeches

P.S.
you even said i was the old dominator or that I was splitting the income with him, lol...
about the dominator issue, i agree that could be a good news if and only if no new dominator take his place, otherwise is just changing the dominator name

snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 11:50:52 AM
Last edit: January 20, 2017, 08:37:57 AM by snailbrain

Im talking about those ones that were using the r/n etc.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=435170.msg17525383#msg17525383
Those ones and their playstyle are dominating afaik.

Tbh I've only been spot checking the map when I log in.

I thought you admitted to that earlier.

I never said or accused you of being it in the past.. I asked if it was you mm never accused you of it.

Take a chill pill..

Pages: « 1 ... 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 [389] 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 »
  Print  

Jump to: