Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 05:40:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 [327] 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 ... 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814498 times)
infovortice2013
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2015, 06:37:54 PM

Im looking for free S.O to dig with my asic miners, im ultra nob with linux so tired of fighting with some versions like mint and others ... i found this one http://www.getpimp.org/downloads.html looks like just graphic configuration and not linux knowment required, anyone has tryed it? or another that is easy to run or plug and play?
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2015, 07:28:10 PM

Just thought id shout in that dnotes pool is down ,I don't know for how long as I just got up and this is the fastest way to reach out to the pool mod, thanks I hope for a quick fix

Thanks kold678, I will relay the message. I'm sure it will be back up soon.

Looks like the pool is up and hashing now.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2015, 07:36:26 PM

Im looking for free S.O to dig with my asic miners, im ultra nob with linux so tired of fighting with some versions like mint and others ... i found this one http://www.getpimp.org/downloads.html looks like just graphic configuration and not linux knowment required, anyone has tryed it? or another that is easy to run or plug and play?

Sorry infovortice, I haven't heard of or tried that one. Ubuntu desktop and Mint, as far as I know, are the most user friendly. Does your Asic manufacturer support specific versions of linux?

RJF

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2015, 01:05:57 AM
Last edit: July 27, 2015, 02:17:05 AM by RJF

Just signed up to be beta tester:

http://cointelegraph.com/news/114969/onebit-pay-with-bitcoin-using-nfc-at-any-credit-card-accepting-merchant

http://www.getonebit.com/

This could be a game changer for crypto payments. Keep an eye on these guys, we might want to approach them when the time is right.

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 03:21:28 AM

http://cointelegraph.com/news/114969/onebit-pay-with-bitcoin-using-nfc-at-any-credit-card-accepting-merchant

This could be a game changer for crypto payments. Keep an eye on these guys, we might want to approach them when the time is right.

Thanks, RJF. Keep us posted as you find out more. It is creative and will get some people to sell their bitcoin to fund their prepaid card. There are still multiple transaction conversion cost inefficiency to overcome. It may not be a game changer until the transaction is only between the buyer and the seller. No middle, no currency conversion. That is DNotes ultimate goal. DNotes will continue to make a very strong case why we need a trusted global digital currency as much as we need the sun to come out tomorrow. Sorry. Just suggesting that it will happen. However it will take years and we need to do all the right things at the right time. DCEBrief will be an invaluable platform for us to present our case and deliver the message to the right people. I am very excited about the project and have been exploring different options to provide valuable contents.
IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 08:16:00 AM

Nice, RJF. Yes, keep us posted.

Allcoin: I sold some NOTE, and pulled the Bitcoin. Did anyone notice this:

"- Being Processed since 105 days 3 hours (without answer.)
- Being Processed since 91 days 20 hours (without answer.)
- Being Processed since 72 days 7 hours (without answer.)
- Being Processed since 61 days 3 hours (without answer.)"

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=450306.280

105 days? and the poster is still asking for patience? Sigh: Allcoin is Gox.

Shanghai Stock Semi-Exchange closed 8.48% down. That's doubleplusungood.

Mark (IndiaMikeZulu), Australia
RJF

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2015, 12:53:18 PM

Thanks, RJF. Keep us posted as you find out more. It is creative and will get some people to sell their bitcoin to fund their prepaid card. There are still multiple transaction conversion cost inefficiency to overcome. It may not be a game changer until the transaction is only between the buyer and the seller. No middle, no currency conversion. That is DNotes ultimate goal. DNotes will continue to make a very strong case why we need a trusted global digital currency as much as we need the sun to come out tomorrow. Sorry. Just suggesting that it will happen. However it will take years and we need to do all the right things at the right time. DCEBrief will be an invaluable platform for us to present our case and deliver the message to the right people. I am very excited about the project and have been exploring different options to provide valuable contents.

Agreed, we need to eliminate the middleman. The reason this caught my eye is much simpler, it is, for the user, a one step 30 second solution to the problem of spending Bitcoin ANYWHERE that accepts credit cards with a terminal capable of NFC connections which will be the norm very soon. I'm sure, as history has taught us, the more people that start using/experimenting with this system, the more it will be refined and disseminated to the rank and file.

Sooner or later, the "middleman" will be out of a job...

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2015, 02:46:09 PM

Allcoin is not responding to any support requests, in what looks like over a month. We did our best to support the exchange, but it is not looking good. Hopefully we can get the withdrawals resolved. We will have to actively seek out the owners. If you have information on contacting them directly, please let us know.

mrbum805

Activity: 92
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 02:54:17 PM

Allcoin is not responding to any support requests, in what looks like over a month. We did our best to support the exchange, but it is not looking good. Hopefully we can get the withdrawals resolved. We will have to actively seek out the owners. If you have information on contacting them directly, please let us know.

I was unable to get my dnotes out as well. I sold a small amount just to see if i could get it out. I did sucessfully withdraw all my btc And my ripple. I attepted to remove dnotes off my moms account and it also times the server out. Just my experiance over this last weekend

Check out www.reviewdailylife.com for some fun upgrades around the house!
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 04:38:49 PM

I was unable to get my dnotes out as well. I sold a small amount just to see if i could get it out. I did sucessfully withdraw all my btc And my ripple. I attepted to remove dnotes off my moms account and it also times the server out. Just my experiance over this last weekend

Thanks for reporting. There has been an increased selling at Poloniex. We are keeping an eye on. We are not clear if the situation at Allcoin has anything to do with it.

On the bright side, DCEBrief is progressing very well. There is a good indication that we can get  contributing articles from high level supporters.
RJF

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2015, 04:59:30 PM

Would it be prudent to remove them from the OP and website, at least for now? Doesn't look good and we don't really want anyone trading there at the moment.

DNotesVault
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2015, 05:15:37 PM

Would it be prudent to remove them from the OP and website, at least for now? Doesn't look good and we don't really want anyone trading there at the moment.

That is probably a good idea.

infovortice2013
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2015, 06:16:11 PM

Sorry infovortice, I haven't heard of or tried that one. Ubuntu desktop and Mint, as far as I know, are the most user friendly. Does your Asic manufacturer support specific versions of linux?

just know resolving wifi conexions throubles i move it underground puting out the hot, but this not like to wifi...  I had download PIMP later tell you about experiment  Grin

Someone us dumping in polo, good time to buy cheap guys  Wink
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 07:39:56 PM

Go ahead. Remove it from OP.

There is noticeable dumping at Polo. Hope they are not from the operators of Allcoins. Abandoning the exchange with other people's properties under their control is a serious bridge of fiduciary duties and a lack of human decency.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2015, 08:07:01 PM

There is noticeable dumping at Polo. Hope they are not from the operators of Allcoins. Abandoning the exchange with other people's properties under their control is a serious bridge of fiduciary duties and a lack of human decency.

All set. I certainly hope that is not the case.

Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 03:19:57 AM

It's both sad and frustrating to watch yet another exchange pull off something like this.  On a happier note, thanks to the great voting by everyone at Cryptsy, we have 22,014 votes and in 5th place.  4th place is about 4,000 votes away!!! Smiley

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 03:31:50 AM

It's both sad and frustrating to watch yet another exchange pull off something like this.  On a happier note, thanks to the great voting by everyone at Cryptsy, we have 22,014 votes and in 5th place.  4th place is about 4,000 votes away!!! Smiley

Well if ALLCOIN is being dishonest still DNOTES is holding fairly strong and with a huge community behind it it will get over this small hump in no time. I am still behind in my promoting at present but hope to get back on track soon. I was trolling it a bit on POLO yesterday though because after some people saying how one coin got dumped and died on Trex I wanted to remind them of how lovely and stable DNOTES is.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2015, 03:39:38 AM

Back to DCEBrief. If we can think of a few headlines and basis for articles it would be helpful. Alan is working on getting a few people involved. The focus would be on what do the executives, politicians of the world need to know about digital currency. I know we have briefly talked about this before, feel free to bring your ideas back to the forefront. Here are a few ideas and subjects to get it rolling.

Digital Currency Regulation Recommendations - This topic has been discussed many times, the objective would be to create guidelines for regulators that would create an safe environment for users with enough freedom to allow innovation.

The Future of Digital Currency as a Payment System - This topic can discuss how digital currency might evolve as a payment system.

Does Digital Currency Meet the 3 Functions of Money? - Covering the 3 functions of money, Store of Value, Unit of Account, and Medium of exchange. It seems to be a fairly popular argument that digital currency does not meet these criteria.

Digital Currency is Backed by What!? - One of the other popular arguments is that digital currency has no real value. I do remember an article recently which wrote about it being backed by time and algorithmic functions. Inserting my own personal opinion here: We have to reevaluate what money is fundamentally, and how it works. Just like when a new discovery is made, we have to reevaluate our scientific theories. Eventually the books have to be re-written, new formulas created, and a brand new fundamental understanding is disseminated...

I have a dozen more ideas but I will stop there.

qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 03:41:44 AM

Back to DCEBrief. If we can think of a few headlines and basis for articles it would be helpful. Alan is working on getting a few people involved. The focus would be on what do the executives, politicians of the world need to know about digital currency. I know we have briefly talked about this before, feel free to bring your ideas back to the forefront. Here are a few ideas and subjects to get it rolling.

Digital Currency Regulation Recommendations - This topic has been discussed many times, the objective would be to create guidelines for regulators that would create an safe environment for users with enough freedom to allow innovation.

The Future of Digital Currency as a Payment System - This topic can discuss how digital currency might evolve as a payment system.

Does Digital Currency Meet the 3 Functions of Money? - Covering the 3 functions of money, Store of Value, Unit of Account, and Medium of exchange. It seems to be a fairly popular argument that digital currency does not meet these criteria.

Digital Currency is Backed by What!? - One of the other popular arguments is that digital currency has no real value. I do remember an article recently which wrote about it being backed by time and algorithmic functions. Inserting my own personal opinion here: We have to reevaluate what money is fundamentally, and how it works. Just like when a new discovery is made, we have to reevaluate our scientific theories. Eventually the books have to be re-written, new formulas created, and a brand new fundamental understanding is disseminated...

I have a dozen more ideas but I will stop there.

Digital currency education 1.0 for the Lay Masses. Basically how to get started..  Smiley

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

JOIN OIKOS

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2015, 02:25:59 PM

Ran across this today, pretty impressive. Speaks volumes to where digital currency is headed.

INVESTMENT IN BITCOIN SURPASSES THE EARLY INTERNET’S BY 25%

Investment in bitcoin is outpacing that of the early Internet by almost 25%, according to a report today by the International Business Times, a London, U.K.-based newspaper.

Venture capitalist investment in bitcoin startups is projected to be $786 million in 2015, compared with $639 million in Internet companies in 1996, the report noted.

The venture capital investing includes the $116 million raised by the San Francisco-based 21 Inc. in March, the most ever for a cryptocurrency sector startup.

[...]

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/investment-bitcoin-surpasses-early-internets-25/

Pages: « 1 ... 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 [327] 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 ... 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: