Bitcoin Forum
July 08, 2024, 09:24:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 [328] 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 ... 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814501 times)
TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 10:31:43 PM
Last edit: July 29, 2015, 01:21:59 AM by TeeGee

Back to DCEBrief. If we can think of a few headlines and basis for articles it would be helpful. Alan is working on getting a few people involved. The focus would be on what do the executives, politicians of the world need to know about digital currency. I know we have briefly talked about this before, feel free to bring your ideas back to the forefront. Here are a few ideas and subjects to get it rolling.

Digital Currency Regulation Recommendations - This topic has been discussed many times, the objective would be to create guidelines for regulators that would create an safe environment for users with enough freedom to allow innovation.

The Future of Digital Currency as a Payment System - This topic can discuss how digital currency might evolve as a payment system.

Does Digital Currency Meet the 3 Functions of Money? - Covering the 3 functions of money, Store of Value, Unit of Account, and Medium of exchange. It seems to be a fairly popular argument that digital currency does not meet these criteria.

Digital Currency is Backed by What!? - One of the other popular arguments is that digital currency has no real value. I do remember an article recently which wrote about it being backed by time and algorithmic functions. Inserting my own personal opinion here: We have to reevaluate what money is fundamentally, and how it works. Just like when a new discovery is made, we have to reevaluate our scientific theories. Eventually the books have to be re-written, new formulas created, and a brand new fundamental understanding is disseminated...

I have a dozen more ideas but I will stop there.

The functions of money question would be interesting to answer, because the answer will change slowly but surely over time. I can identify three phases: now, in transit to mass adoption, and once accepted everywhere as tender with such a large market cap that stability is reached.

How will Digital Currency and Blockchain in general affect my business? / What effect will Digital Currency have on YOUR business / organization

What possibilities exist in the future for blockchain technology?

Why should I get involved now? How can I benefit the most by getting involved early?

Just a couple.

I'm also kind of thinking, what if the website also provided a broad, full strategic template for businesses to analyse when it comes to implementation of the technology and currency? This could be written by say, somebody who knows about strategy Wink and include rough guidelines of the logical steps for a gradual implementation of blockchain technology in line with the latest industry innovations - I.e. First sign up to employer CRISP, later sign up for merchant account, use appropriate blockchain capable software to process and record both in-house and external transactions (whether involving fiat or crypto) etc...

Imagine if most businesses did not need absorb the costs of hiring a team just to make the decision whether to begin adopting blockchain / crypto technology! A continually updated strategic plan that is streamlined for different business types would bring lots of 'curious' traffic to the page, and give enough information combined with a rough plan to entrepreneurs / CEO's to make the decision to begin the blockchain / crypto adoption process. DCEBrief.com could then have a team of 'consultants' at the ready to aid business (particularly larger firms) with the finer details of becoming blockchain / crypto-capable if it is required.

Wouldn't surprise me if this idea hasn't already been floated about...

Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 10:47:48 PM

Back to DCEBrief. If we can think of a few headlines and basis for articles it would be helpful. Alan is working on getting a few people involved. The focus would be on what do the executives, politicians of the world need to know about digital currency. I know we have briefly talked about this before, feel free to bring your ideas back to the forefront. Here are a few ideas and subjects to get it rolling.

Digital Currency Regulation Recommendations - This topic has been discussed many times, the objective would be to create guidelines for regulators that would create an safe environment for users with enough freedom to allow innovation.

The Future of Digital Currency as a Payment System - This topic can discuss how digital currency might evolve as a payment system.

Does Digital Currency Meet the 3 Functions of Money? - Covering the 3 functions of money, Store of Value, Unit of Account, and Medium of exchange. It seems to be a fairly popular argument that digital currency does not meet these criteria.

Digital Currency is Backed by What!? - One of the other popular arguments is that digital currency has no real value. I do remember an article recently which wrote about it being backed by time and algorithmic functions. Inserting my own personal opinion here: We have to reevaluate what money is fundamentally, and how it works. Just like when a new discovery is made, we have to reevaluate our scientific theories. Eventually the books have to be re-written, new formulas created, and a brand new fundamental understanding is disseminated...

The functions of money question would be interesting to answer, because the answer will change slowly but surely over time. I can identify three phases: now, in transit to mass adoption, and once accepted everywhere as tender with such a large market cap that stability is reached.

How will Digital Currency and Blockchain in general affect my business? / What effect will Digital Currency have on YOUR business / organization

Why should I get involved now? How can I benefit the most by getting involved early?

Just a couple.

I'm also kind of thinking, what if the website also provided a broad, full strategic template for businesses to analyse when it comes to implementation of the technology and currency? This could be written by say, somebody who knows about strategy Wink and include rough guidelines of the logical steps for a gradual implementation of blockchain technology in line with the latest industry innovations - I.e. First sign up to employer CRISP, later sign up for merchant account, use appropriate blockchain capable software to process and record both in-house and external transactions (whether involving fiat or crypto) etc... Could also delve into

Imagine if most businesses did not need absorb the costs of hiring a team just to make the decision whether to begin adopting blockchain / crypto technology! A continually updated strategic plan that is streamlined for different business types would bring lots of 'curious' traffic to the page, and give enough information combined with a rough plan to entrepreneurs / CEO's to make the decision to begin the blockchain / crypto adoption process. DCEBrief.com could then have a team of 'consultants' at the ready to aid business (particularly larger firms) with the finer details of becoming blockchain / crypto-capable if it is required.

"I'm also kind of thinking, what if the website also provided a broad, full strategic template for businesses to analyse when it comes to implementation of the technology and currency?"

TeeGee, That is an excellent idea. That was supposed to be one of the chapters of a book I was working on with someone. It has been put on hold because I have been extremely busy. I will be posting more details about DECBrief in a few days.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2015, 10:59:19 PM

Just a couple.

I'm also kind of thinking, what if the website also provided a broad, full strategic template for businesses to analyse when it comes to implementation of the technology and currency? This could be written by say, somebody who knows about strategy Wink and include rough guidelines of the logical steps for a gradual implementation of blockchain technology in line with the latest industry innovations - I.e. First sign up to employer CRISP, later sign up for merchant account, use appropriate blockchain capable software to process and record both in-house and external transactions (whether involving fiat or crypto) etc... Could also delve into

Thanks TeeGee! Great suggestions. It would be interesting to hash out the arguments.

RJF

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2015, 11:04:16 PM

There is actually a fourth function of money:

Money enables society.

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 01:21:26 AM

I thought this was quite funny...

"MIKE TYSON’S FASTEST KNOCK OUT IN THE RING WAS 30 SECONDS.
THE MIKE TYSON BITCOIN ATM CAN TURN YOUR CASH INTO BITCOIN IN UNDER 20 SECONDS"

http://www.miketysonbitcoin.com/

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2015, 02:29:22 AM

I had to find out if this was for real, but it does appear to be. Mike Tyson will have his own branded bitcoin ATM's.

HORT

Activity: 508
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 03:11:21 AM

I had to find out if this was for real, but it does appear to be. Mike Tyson will have his own branded bitcoin ATM's.

Hmmm, should I enter my email address and see???
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 11:45:24 AM

Following the Startup Ecosystem could almost be as good as following the money.  It does not surprise me that Singapore is leading the chart because, “the [investor] money is there, it’s easy to open bank accounts, and you have a good regulatory framework, among other things.”
Isn’t that what the digital currency industry needs too? Yes, again, it should not be a surprise that Singapore is also leading in Digital currency and Blockchain related technology startups too.

Read More:

In Global Startup Ecosystem Ranking, Silicon Valley Slips, While Southeast Asia Gains Traction

Posted yesterday by Connie Loizos

http://techcrunch.com/2015/07/27/in-global-startup-ecosystem-ranking-silicon-valley-slips-while-southeast-asia-gains-traction/#.tm2ql3:PBvK

Related:

However, it is a pleasant surprise to me that:

New Report Says Chicago Has the Highest Percentage of Female Entrepreneurs

http://chicagoinno.streetwise.co/2015/07/28/new-report-says-chicago-has-the-highest-percentage-of-female-entrepreneurs/

A new report measuring startup ecosystems around the world has found that Chicago has the highest percentage of female entrepreneurs out of the top 20 ecosystems it examined.

The report by Compass, titled the Global Startup Ecosystem Ranking, analyzed startup ecosystems across a number of metrics, including funding, performance, market reach, talent, and startup experience. But also included in the report was a note that 30% of Chicago's startup founders are women, which is more than any of the 20 cities measured in the rankings.

The study found that since 2012, the last time Compass published the report, the number of female founders in the global startup ecosystem grew by 80%. The global average is 18% today, which is up from 10% three years ago. Chicago was found to be well above average when it comes to female founders, a fact Ms Tech founder Nicole Yeary said shouldn't be entirely surprising, given the level of support for women-led startups in Chicago.

"It's exciting to see that," she said. "But I had that feeling that we were (leading the way) for quite some time now."

"There are so many tech leaders (in Chicago) that are dedicated to creating an environment where all entrepreneurs have support and resources," she added.

Ms Tech, a Chicago organization committed to fostering opportunities for women in tech, recently moved its operations to 1871 and has become a co-facilitator of WiSTEM, 1871's program for women-led startups. Yeary added that while Chicago has begun to develop initiatives and create a better environment for female entrepreneurs, there's still a lot that needs to be done, including increasing funding for women-led startups and growing the number of female investors in Chicago. Ms Tech is also working to capture more data on the problems facing female entrepreneurs and how to solve those issues. ……………

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2015, 02:51:22 PM

On Cryptsy we are currently at position 5, with 22704 votes. Excellent job all, thank you! Keep it up!

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 03:14:36 PM

Cryptsy Vote Update: DNotes has now advanced to # 5 with 20,335 votes. Great job! The next jump will take almost 6 K votes. Will need a lot of help.

DNotes is still at # 5 with 23034 votes. To advance to #4 we will need over 3,000 more votes. We still need your help in a big way, including writing to Cryptsy's management in support of DNotes. Your efforts have been paying off and we appreciate that very much.
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 04:22:04 PM

Here's an industry-positive news article worth reading:

Former Obama Tech Advisor Explains How Bitcoin Could Transform Government (In 5 Quotes)

(Ferenstein Wire) – Bitcoin, the digital currency infamous for wild swings in value and black market transactions, could have profound implications for the future of public services. Tech optimists at the highest levels of government are exploring how the same technology that makes bitcoin anonymous could make government services less bureaucratic and more secure from hackers.

Brian Forde is a former Senior Advisor at the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy, and recently became MIT Media Labs new director of digital currency. He sat down with the Ferenstein Wire at the Atlantic Aspen Ideas Festival and revealed how bitcoin technology could eventually become a cornerstone of modern governance.

Just to give this conversation some contextual significance, over the last few years, Bitcoin has slowly gained mainstream acceptance, expanding from the hobby of libertarian digital activists to the portfolios of billionaire silicon valley investors. But, Bitcoin and it’s associated cryptographic technology has largely been viewed by government as a dangerous technology in need of regulation.

Noted investor and Twitter philosopher King, Marc Andreessen, has championed the idea that bitcoin’s “blockchain” technology, a sophisticated public ledger of transactions, could prove much more useful than the currency itself. Yet, there’s been little, if any, indication that senior members of American government are taking this optimistic view seriously.

Forde is our best indication yet that Bitcoin technology could, in fact, be adopted. Here’s his answers in 5 big quotes with context underneath.

1. Bitcoin’s Tech Could Have Big Impact On The Most In Need
“Digital currencies have immense potential to improve human welfare by strengthening the capacity of governments to deliver more responsive services and secure the rights of their citizens to property, identity and increase financial inclusion…And because it is an open-source protocol for innovation, a wide range of services and products can be built by entrepreneurs and non-profits on top of it.”

In other words, the major benefactors of Bitcoin technology are the folks who need government the most: financially beleaguered citizens, public officials targeted by foreign hackers, or entrepreneurs who need agencies to get their business paperwork approved.

Basically, any piece of official documentation, from liquor licenses to medical transcripts could be made portable and secure.

2. Why Is Bitcoin More Than Currency?
“Digital currencies like bitcoin are the network of transactions. If you think bitcoin is just for money transfer, that’s like thinking the internet was only built for email – today we know that internet is used for so many more applications. The true innovation that bitcoin solved was the elimination of the “double-spend.”

Forde is talking about the Blockchain, the principal technology underlying bitcoin, which allows users to verify whether a digital piece of content is authentic. The Blockchain acts as a public ledger of all transactions.

Bitcoin transactions are logged publicly and distributed throughout  a network of nodes that produce Bitcoin and verify the transactions’ authenticity. A full explanation of the Blockchain process is beyond the scope of this article (more here), but it’s become broadly accepted as a ownerless and hacker-resistant alternative to traditional third party verifiable sources, such as banks or notary publics.

Without the need for banks or regulation agencies to verify that certificates or dollars aren’t forged duplicates (a “double spend”), the blockchain could make public services much more efficient.

3. Example 1: Banks
“More than 2 billion adults around the world do not have access to a bank account. Without a connection to the financial support services that typically accompany formal bank accounts, the unbanked have very limited access to the savings and borrowing mechanisms necessary to drive broad-based economic growth.”

Forde imagines bringing the unbanked into the economic fold through super-efficient money transfers (like SMS). Credits for food or other services could be given in similar ways without the need for complex bureaucracies.

4. Example 2: Security
“Today we practice a lot of authentication theatre. Your government issued identity, for example, starts out in a database of a government agency. It’s then printed out in the form of a social security card, driver’s license, birth certificate or passport…. $24 billion in identity theft occurs annually because corporations treat your social security number as a user name and a password.”

There’s been a series of massive information thefts this year; Bitcoin technology could potentially be better way to authenticate users and send information, without the need to depend on central government database to issue security IDs. A user’s Bitcoin-like ID could function like a social security card, would be globally recognizable, and interoperable between all sorts of government services.

5. Are Senior Folks Taking It Seriously?
“Similar to CEOs of large companies and non-profits, I’ve found officials in governments around the world interested to learning about the technology and how they can apply it to address the social issues affecting people in their communities.”

That’s government speak for ‘yes, but we can’t talk about it.’ White House projects live in a constant state of fragility–a single wrong public relations move and political backlash could kill the project. So, senior officials in government often are mum on any experiments, or even conversations to explore experiments, until it has enough momentum to survive a political battle.

So, it might be a few years, but eventually we could see bitcoin technology making massive government services less painfully bureaucratic and more secure. Or, at the very least, entrepreneurs might have an opportunity to make these government services better with the White House’s help.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/gregoryferenstein/2015/07/29/former-obama-tech-advisor-explains-how-bitcoin-could-transform-government-in-5-quotes/

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2015, 04:52:01 PM

Here's an industry-positive news article worth reading:

Former Obama Tech Advisor Explains How Bitcoin Could Transform Government (In 5 Quotes)

http://www.forbes.com/sites/gregoryferenstein/2015/07/29/former-obama-tech-advisor-explains-how-bitcoin-could-transform-government-in-5-quotes/

Excellent article and potential information that may be used for DCEBrief!

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2015, 04:55:32 PM

Digital currency education 1.0 for the Lay Masses. Basically how to get started..  Smiley

Just a couple.

I'm also kind of thinking, what if the website also provided a broad, full strategic template for businesses to analyse when it comes to implementation of the technology and currency? This could be written by say, somebody who knows about strategy Wink and include rough guidelines of the logical steps for a gradual implementation of blockchain technology in line with the latest industry innovations - I.e. First sign up to employer CRISP, later sign up for merchant account, use appropriate blockchain capable software to process and record both in-house and external transactions (whether involving fiat or crypto) etc...

There is actually a fourth function of money:

Money enables society.

Pulling this information together and putting it at the forefront of our thread.

Doing some research this morning to get more ideas for important content on DCEBrief. Found some interesting information searching "what are the problems with bitcoin" on google. Check out the pages below.

The Five Biggest Threats Facing Bitcoin
http://www.coindesk.com/five-biggest-threats-facing-bitcoin/

What are the biggest problems with bitcoin right now?
http://www.quora.com/What-are-the-biggest-problems-with-bitcoin-right-now

infovortice2013
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2015, 07:09:40 PM

Cryptsy Vote Update: DNotes has now advanced to # 5 with 20,335 votes. Great job! The next jump will take almost 6 K votes. Will need a lot of help.

DNotes is still at # 5 with 23034 votes. To advance to #4 we will need over 3,000 more votes. We still need your help in a big way, including writing to Cryptsy's management in support of DNotes. Your efforts have been paying off and we appreciate that very much.

You know CCEDK.com ? its a danish exchange, if dnotes get listed there can get usd/eur/cny pairs and be used in mastercard net buying nanocard, its reopening so no have much volume can have a quiet stance, this exchange become to be bitshares parthner, so it will be the first decentraliced exchange up bitshares2.0 blockchain with all security and features adventajes that it mean.

If you like i can contact with they to get DNotes listed in.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2015, 07:18:52 PM

The CRISP for Kids program was officially launched in July of 2014, making CRISP for Kids now 1 year old. To celebrate we will be giving away DNotes to CRISP for Kids participants with accounts funded with 100 DNotes or more. The list of kids and accounts has already been created.

Chase, would you like to pick 10 kids as random winners?

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2015, 07:21:57 PM

You know CCEDK.com ? its a danish exchange, if dnotes get listed there can get usd/eur/cny pairs and be used in mastercard net buying nanocard, its reopening so no have much volume can have a quiet stance, this exchange become to be bitshares parthner, so it will be the first decentraliced exchange up bitshares2.0 blockchain with all security and features adventajes that it mean.

I encourage everyone to check it out and weigh in.

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 07:53:49 PM

I encourage everyone to check it out and weigh in.

I have been in direct communication with the owner, Ronny Boesing, a number of times, including a number of appointments to go on conference call on skype. Unfortunately, those scheduled calls did not come through. I am very familiar with the Bitshares' involvement. At this point, it is best for us to see how CCEDK and the nanocards are going to play out first.

Our current setback with Allcoin is sending a strong reminder that we need a lot of patience and hard work, and move very cautiously. It is fairly evident that there have been a significant amount of dumpings at Polo over the last three weeks. We just can not establish where the increased supplies of DNotes have been coming from.

IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 07:59:16 PM

I wouldn't trade on CCDEK again under any circumstances whatsoever.

And scheduled calls with Ronny didn't happen? Doesn't surprise me one little bit!

Mark (IndiaMikeZulu), Australia
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 08:13:44 PM

I wouldn't trade on CCDEK again under any circumstances whatsoever.

And scheduled calls with Ronny didn't happen? Doesn't surprise me one little bit!

Mark (IndiaMikeZulu), Australia

DNotes is grounded on Trust and Integrity. That is our Brand and we are very proud of it.
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 08:49:59 PM

The CRISP for Kids program was officially launched in July of 2014, making CRISP for Kids now 1 year old. To celebrate we will be giving away DNotes to CRISP for Kids participants with accounts funded with 100 DNotes or more. The list of kids and accounts has already been created.

Chase, would you like to pick 10 kids as random winners?

No problem!  I used RANDOM.ORG to help me pick the following 10 lucky names:

1.  Angie
2.  Ben
3.  Doodle
4.  Lyra
5.  Roan
6.  Angela
7.  Addy
8.  Judah
9.  taylor
10.Addyson

Congratulations everyone and happy birthday CRISP For Kids!!

Smiley Smiley Smiley

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
Pages: « 1 ... 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 [328] 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 ... 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: