Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 06:07:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 [329] 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 ... 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814498 times)
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 09:06:32 PM

The CRISP for Kids program was officially launched in July of 2014, making CRISP for Kids now 1 year old. To celebrate we will be giving away DNotes to CRISP for Kids participants with accounts funded with 100 DNotes or more. The list of kids and accounts has already been created.

Chase, would you like to pick 10 kids as random winners?

No problem!  I used RANDOM.ORG to help me pick the following 10 lucky names:

1.  Angie
2.  Ben
3.  Doodle
4.  Lyra
5.  Roan
6.  Angela
7.  Addy
8.  Judah
9.  taylor
10.Addyson

Congratulations everyone and happy birthday CRISP For Kids!!

Smiley Smiley Smiley

Thanks, Chase. Happy Birthday to CRISP For Kids!! All that gifts and extras are from uncle Kevin.
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 09:17:54 PM

The CRISP for Kids program was officially launched in July of 2014, making CRISP for Kids now 1 year old. To celebrate we will be giving away DNotes to CRISP for Kids participants with accounts funded with 100 DNotes or more. The list of kids and accounts has already been created.

1.  Angie
2.  Ben
3.  Doodle
4.  Lyra
5.  Roan
6.  Angela
7.  Addy
8.  Judah
9.  taylor
10.Addyson

Smiley Smiley Smiley

Thanks, Chase. Happy Birthday to CRISP For Kids!! All that gifts and extras are from uncle Kevin.

That's awesome!!  Thank you 'Uncle Kevin'!   Grin

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2015, 09:46:31 PM

1.  Angie
2.  Ben
3.  Doodle
4.  Lyra
5.  Roan
6.  Angela
7.  Addy
8.  Judah
9.  taylor
10.Addyson

Smiley Smiley Smiley

Perfect! Thanks Chase! I will distribute the prizes in a bit.

TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 10:36:02 PM

Back to DCEBrief. If we can think of a few headlines and basis for articles it would be helpful. Alan is working on getting a few people involved. The focus would be on what do the executives, politicians of the world need to know about digital currency. I know we have briefly talked about this before, feel free to bring your ideas back to the forefront. Here are a few ideas and subjects to get it rolling.

Digital Currency Regulation Recommendations - This topic has been discussed many times, the objective would be to create guidelines for regulators that would create an safe environment for users with enough freedom to allow innovation.

The Future of Digital Currency as a Payment System - This topic can discuss how digital currency might evolve as a payment system.

Does Digital Currency Meet the 3 Functions of Money? - Covering the 3 functions of money, Store of Value, Unit of Account, and Medium of exchange. It seems to be a fairly popular argument that digital currency does not meet these criteria.

Digital Currency is Backed by What!? - One of the other popular arguments is that digital currency has no real value. I do remember an article recently which wrote about it being backed by time and algorithmic functions. Inserting my own personal opinion here: We have to reevaluate what money is fundamentally, and how it works. Just like when a new discovery is made, we have to reevaluate our scientific theories. Eventually the books have to be re-written, new formulas created, and a brand new fundamental understanding is disseminated...

I have a dozen more ideas but I will stop there.

Digital currency education 1.0 for the Lay Masses. Basically how to get started..  Smiley

The functions of money question would be interesting to answer, because the answer will change slowly but surely over time. I can identify three phases: now, in transit to mass adoption, and once accepted everywhere as tender with such a large market cap that stability is reached.

How will Digital Currency and Blockchain in general affect my business? / What effect will Digital Currency have on YOUR business / organization

What possibilities exist in the future for blockchain technology?

Why should I get involved now? How can I benefit the most by getting involved early?

Just a couple.

I'm also kind of thinking, what if the website also provided a broad, full strategic template for businesses to analyse when it comes to implementation of the technology and currency? This could be written by say, somebody who knows about strategy Wink and include rough guidelines of the logical steps for a gradual implementation of blockchain technology in line with the latest industry innovations - I.e. First sign up to employer CRISP, later sign up for merchant account, use appropriate blockchain capable software to process and record both in-house and external transactions (whether involving fiat or crypto) etc...

Imagine if most businesses did not need absorb the costs of hiring a team just to make the decision whether to begin adopting blockchain / crypto technology! A continually updated strategic plan that is streamlined for different business types would bring lots of 'curious' traffic to the page, and give enough information combined with a rough plan to entrepreneurs / CEO's to make the decision to begin the blockchain / crypto adoption process. DCEBrief.com could then have a team of 'consultants' at the ready to aid business (particularly larger firms) with the finer details of becoming blockchain / crypto-capable if it is required.

Wouldn't surprise me if this idea hasn't already been floated about...

There is actually a fourth function of money:

Money enables society.

Pulling this information together and putting it at the forefront of our thread.

Doing some research this morning to get more ideas for important content on DCEBrief. Found some interesting information searching "what are the problems with bitcoin" on google. Check out the pages below.

The Five Biggest Threats Facing Bitcoin
http://www.coindesk.com/five-biggest-threats-facing-bitcoin/

What are the biggest problems with bitcoin right now?
http://www.quora.com/What-are-the-biggest-problems-with-bitcoin-right-now

I had a brief gander at the points made.

Centralization of Bitcoin / Crypto - Really unfortunate, may need to move to a fee structure for miners, or create a blockchain that operates on a "bonds / shares" model, where the hashrate or number of miners is limited. This could most effectively be run as a 'sidechain', and there could be, say, 10 thousand people allowed to be miners, all with a set hash-rate with proprietary software where a special code 'unlocks' the use of for a duration of one year. At the expiration of that year, the contract is tendered again, and a new code is generated to allow a miner to operate on the sidechain. This way, every miner would have 'equal' hash-rate (unless they purchased several miners), and each miner would either permanently own, or short term lease a 'fixed' number of mining slots available. This would both reduce the power consumption of the blockchain, and make a 50% attack much more difficult. There are many better long-term solutions to this problem though, the one mentioned is merely a band-aid. I'd prefer to see a newer and better decentralized model that doesn't waste electricity unnecessarily.

Bad actors? Well for the most part, that is a branding issue and DNotes is working to improve it. In a year or two, DNotes will be heavily featured the way Bitcoin is in the MSM.

Reactionary regulation? Well DCEbrief.com hopes to become an industry leader in closing the chasm between entrepreneurs, technology, and regulators. Our community and participants at DCEbrief.com can make a meaningful difference to the future stance governments take on crypto. There will definitely need to be much in the way of positive emphasis on what crypto can do for Government, and... politicians.

Poor mobile platform support? Yup well it's really sad that Google and Apple are not allowing Bitcoin to compete, but it is not entirely unsurprising. This would have been a prime strategy on account of Visa / Mastercard to sign up the companies that run the mobile Operating Systems and get them on board with their own mobile payments - which would give incentive to eliminate competition. The really sad feature, is that Chrome OS (Googles mobile OS) is supposed to be, and support open source. The community will either need to operate on mobile software available in the apps stores for the time being, support a new OS that is truly open source, offer the software in unofficial formats to get the ball rolling (once Apple and Google see money is to be made, they may offer the app), OR rely on multi-currency cards using NFC etc on existing terminals. Companies mentioned in this forum are beginning to make these jumps, but none have yet offered a holistic approach that does every single thing people need crypto companies for:

We need a company that can turn USD into crypto, then act as the facilitator of transactions and merchant payment that charges near-zero fees for transactions world-wide in an aggressive push to win market-share. Customers don't want to waste time using 10 different companies for their money needs, they want to use just one. At least with the DNotesVault, potential exists to operate as a USD to DNotes exchange, merchant payments facilitator, secure online wallet, savings account, bank (lending) and investment fund manager.

With USD, some of you here may have a separate company you use for many of the aforementioned things. Traditional banks normally operate as about 3 of them - Investment, savings, lending and then they partner up with Visa/mastercard to offer merchant payments.

* My main point is: eventually somebody needs to tackle this issue and stranglehold Google and Apple are operating by either partnering with a new OS (firefox, Microsoft) or offering a service so popular that Apple and Google can no longer ignore it. Aggressive and high quality marketing, plus a convenient, holistic list of offerings will make such a company popular very quickly.

Low adoption? Yeah, this is true, but the above 'general' outline would solve that for the most part.

Rambling over.

TeeGee

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 11:13:59 PM

What I meant to say in the above post, is that it seems like all anybody talks about in media are these silly headlines to grab attention: "5 reasons Bitcoin won't work" or whatever, followed by a list of standards crypto isn't meeting. There is no way near enough focus in printed media given to ideas or solutions involving overcoming these obstacles - which is a much more interesting, positive and productive conversation to have printed.

I'm glad this forum is a place where the conversation centres around solutions, rather than just stating problems! What was it? "If we don't care to be, we will never be" - That is what those articles sound like to me.

infovortice2013
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2015, 11:31:15 PM

I have been in direct communication with the owner, Ronny Boesing, a number of times, including a number of appointments to go on conference call on skype. Unfortunately, those scheduled calls did not come through. I am very familiar with the Bitshares' involvement. At this point, it is best for us to see how CCEDK and the nanocards are going to play out first.

Our current setback with Allcoin is sending a strong reminder that we need a lot of patience and hard work, and move very cautiously. It is fairly evident that there have been a significant amount of dumpings at Polo over the last three weeks. We just can not establish where the increased supplies of DNotes have been coming from.

Im playing in CCEDK for a month with fiat and tokens without problems, nanocard still not running i think sometime legal burocratics for this take time. But just for have a global fiat pair for DNotes should be great.

Really im curious and like to know more about your familiar with bitshares involvement and Ronny . Grin

Situation in allcoin is ballbreaking, sure.
TeeGee

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 12:29:48 AM

For money users and potential entrepreneurs alike:

"We shouldn’t delay forever until every possible feature is done. There’s always going to be one more thing to do."

- Satoshi Nakamoto

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2015, 01:38:36 AM

1.  Angie
2.  Ben
3.  Doodle
4.  Lyra
5.  Roan
6.  Angela
7.  Addy
8.  Judah
9.  taylor
10.Addyson

Smiley Smiley Smiley

Perfect! Thanks Chase! I will distribute the prizes in a bit.

The top 5 CRISP for Kids addresses received 1,000 DNotes, the 10 random chosen winners received 500 DNotes, and each of the other funded accounts with more than 100 DNotes received 100 DNotes.

Congratulations to all the winners!

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 02:22:01 AM

I have been in direct communication with the owner, Ronny Boesing, a number of times, including a number of appointments to go on conference call on skype. Unfortunately, those scheduled calls did not come through. I am very familiar with the Bitshares' involvement. At this point, it is best for us to see how CCEDK and the nanocards are going to play out first.

Our current setback with Allcoin is sending a strong reminder that we need a lot of patience and hard work, and move very cautiously. It is fairly evident that there have been a significant amount of dumpings at Polo over the last three weeks. We just can not establish where the increased supplies of DNotes have been coming from.

Im playing in CCEDK for a month with fiat and tokens without problems, nanocard still not running i think sometime legal burocratics for this take time. But just for have a global fiat pair for DNotes should be great.

Really im curious and like to know more about your familiar with bitshares involvement and Ronny . Grin

Situation in allcoin is ballbreaking, sure.

Please check PM.
IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 03:04:43 AM

"But just for have a global fiat pair for DNotes should be great."

Yeh, infovortice. No argument from me over this one. It's a big big step in a crypto's development.

Mark
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 05:15:27 AM

Yeh, infovortice. No argument from me over this one. It's a big big step in a crypto's development.

Mark

DCEBrief will be covering a very long wish list as we get established. We will be covering the "ideals", the hurdles, and the pitfalls. There are many obstacles confronting Bitcoin and digital currency from mass acceptance. Bad consumer or user experience is a vital consideration to avoid. May be that is the primary reason why the credit card companies are not that concerned about our industry and everyone is jumping into the Blockchain bandwagon. Don't get me wrong. Blockchain related business opportunities will be massive and DNotes will be a major player. Our primary focus at this time is to be the trusted global digital currency that will be superior to fiat currency. How do we go about doing it is a huge strategic and logistic challenge few would care to under take. It is a massive undertaking but highly essential and immensely valuable.

There are many "good ideas" being tested including the nanocard. If that is the best we can do, our argument that Bitcoin and digital currency transaction has a significant cost advantage is fundamentally fraud. When conversion cost, fees, and risk of currency lose are all factored in, it is often more expensive than using other forms of payment. That is the primary reason why actual use of Bitcoin as a form of payment has been far below what the industry had wished for. It is far from being cost effective. Strangely, we are reintroducing more middlemen in certain cases resulting in higher fees.

The ultimate and core mission of DNotes is to reach the point when most DNotes transactions are truly between two parties without a middleman irrespective of where the two parties are located. That is what happens when everyone accepts DNotes. Being the global digital currency is what it takes. That is what we are striving for. DCEBrief is our next building block. Get ready.
IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 07:10:21 AM

"The ultimate and core mission of DNotes is to reach the point when most DNotes transactions are truly between two parties without a middleman irrespective of where the two parties are located." [My italics]

'Transactional volume' is what we've been strugglin' towards since Day One.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 02:06:52 PM

"The ultimate and core mission of DNotes is to reach the point when most DNotes transactions are truly between two parties without a middleman irrespective of where the two parties are located." [My italics]

'Transactional volume' is what we've been strugglin' towards since Day One.

That is correct. If the lack of "Transaction volume" is inherent to early stage of the development, time will correct the problem. If this is the result of structural problems and other pitfalls, we can wish for as long as we want, but Bitcoin and digital currency will not achieve mass acceptance, until those problems are resolved. There is already a very clear shift of sentiments.

By far the vast majority of the supporters and investors are now joining the Blockchain bandwagon. The majority is always correct. Blockchain is where a lot of low hanging fruits are and there are fruit trees everywhere. I am the only lone wolf who have publicly stated that we are witnessing the greatest technology revolution in the history of mankind and it will lead to massive job and wealth creation.

What I am most excited about is that with a truly trusted global digital currency purposely built for everyone worldwide to participate, we will be adding an immensely valuable dimension to an amazingly innovative distributed consensus ledger technology that is also a smart communication protocol capable of understanding, transmitting, executing, storing and retrieving any digital records or properties, including digital currency such as DNotes.

Anyone can start a new business to exploit the enormous potential of the Blockchain technology, and there are many exciting opportunities. The most rewarding of all, I believe, is building the trusted global digital currency for everyone to participate. This by itself has world changing implications. For the first time in history, the opportunity to participate is not limited to the rich, well connected or only those comfortable with technology. DCEBrief mission is to educate, inspire, remove barriers, collaborate, facilitate and provide equal opportunities for all in a global scale. It may take a generation or two to achieve the ultimate goal where DNotes transactions are between two parties anywhere in the world; no middle; no currency conversion with near zero network fees. Equal pay for equal product and services no matter which corner of the world one is located in. Letter of Credit will become the facsimile machine of the past. It will be completely replaced with scheduled “Time Send” or smart contract. Sales tax, VAT, etc ..? It will be deducted and credited to Big Uncle’s account in real time. ….. That is DCEBrief in the making, covering only issues that matter.
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 02:45:37 PM

Voting update at Cryptsy:

DNotes  -  24,000 VOTES!!

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2015, 04:08:29 PM

Excellent! Moving up quickly.

By the way, I may be away for a bit today. Having problems with my cell phone, so I have to take care of that asap.

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 04:21:54 PM

Excellent! Moving up quickly.

By the way, I may be away for a bit today. Having problems with my cell phone, so I have to take care of that asap.

I will be gone too. Having lunch with a few local Bitcoiners.
SmokeysGardens

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 04:32:01 PM

1.  Angie
2.  Ben
3.  Doodle
4.  Lyra
5.  Roan
6.  Angela
7.  Addy
8.  Judah
9.  taylor
10.Addyson

Smiley Smiley Smiley

That's awesome!!  Thank you 'Uncle Kevin'!   Grin

Happy to do so! Mrs Smokey and I have been spending every daylight minute in the Daylily Garden. Our "Crunch Time" is from middle of May to the Middle of August. We dig, split into single plants and re-plant over a half million Registered Daylilies in those three months! That is about 15 acres of Daylilies. Been keeping an eye on you guys, but the garden is keeping me very busy.

"Uncle Kevin"
(aka Smokey)
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2015, 10:14:49 PM

Back again and cell phone issues resolved.

Thanks again Kevin, I'm sure all the CRISP kids will appreciate it!

Good to see ya on the forum, I know you have been pretty busy this time of year.

TeeGee

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 11:09:51 PM

Mark

DCEBrief will be covering a very long wish list as we get established. We will be covering the "ideals", the hurdles, and the pitfalls. There are many obstacles confronting Bitcoin and digital currency from mass acceptance. Bad consumer or user experience is a vital consideration to avoid. May be that is the primary reason why the credit card companies are not that concerned about our industry and everyone is jumping into the Blockchain bandwagon. Don't get me wrong. Blockchain related business opportunities will be massive and DNotes will be a major player. Our primary focus at this time is to be the trusted global digital currency that will be superior to fiat currency. How do we go about doing it is a huge strategic and logistic challenge few would care to under take. It is a massive undertaking but highly essential and immensely valuable.

There are many "good ideas" being tested including the nanocard. If that is the best we can do, our argument that Bitcoin and digital currency transaction has a significant cost advantage is fundamentally fraud. When conversion cost, fees, and risk of currency lose are all factored in, it is often more expensive than using other forms of payment. That is the primary reason why actual use of Bitcoin as a form of payment has been far below what the industry had wished for. It is far from being cost effective. Strangely, we are reintroducing more middlemen in certain cases resulting in higher fees.

The ultimate and core mission of DNotes is to reach the point when most DNotes transactions are truly between two parties without a middleman irrespective of where the two parties are located. That is what happens when everyone accepts DNotes. Being the global digital currency is what it takes. That is what we are striving for. DCEBrief is our next building block. Get ready.

This is a great post, creating middlemen to facilitate transfers is only a short-term solution to individual currencies lacking the infrastructure to be standalone services. Over time, DNotes will have the infrastructure built, and I'm sure will offer many of the same services that third parties are currently offering for Bitcoin. Middlemen are indeed expensive, imagine how hard it would be for a bank to compete with a company that provides lending, investment and bank processing opportunities with near zero transaction costs!? A profit model would still exist, but one that does not penalise what the company / currencies core purpose is - value transfer. Fees merely decrease the number of transactions.

Hypothetically, Imagine if DNotesVault processed USD into DNotes (hopefully for free), then allowed all transactions to be free from there on in using DNotes, a currency people can rely on for stability and use for merchant payments? A 1% commission could be made when people take their DNotes OUT of the network and into USD (to fund further growth, and protect value). That would mean more incentive for customers to leave their money inside the network. DNotesVault could one day become a bank (which I'm sure would be extremely expensive to set up - could partner with a bank?) and allow people to engage in either p2p lending in DNotes OR pay interest on deposits, taking interest from borrowers. Given the steady (but ever decreasing) supply of new coins in the network, this could put some 'upwards pressure' on DNotes value - because lenders would need to find DNotes to pay back their loan. This would mean lenders would need to pay back the initial principal of DNotes borrowed PLUS interest (which I imagine would only be available to purchase from an exchange like DNotesVault could one day become, unless the borrower is a merchant accepting DNotes - by which time transactional use is being achieved).

I haven't thought this through in detail or anything, but crypto banking could work in some ways to protect the value of crypto, thanks to people needing to purchase more of the crypto than they borrowed to pay back to lenders. One issue with this, is that depending on the amount of lending, and upwards pressure the repayment purchases at exchanges creates, would mean that borrowers could end up paying much more (in terms of USD) than they originally intended when they took out the loan. This could be easily communicated though, and wouldn't matter much if DNotes had a massive market cap in the billions. The free-market would be pretty good at deciding what the appropriate interest rate offered etc would be, and because crypto is net-positive, there won't be any threats to the eco-system because in the crypto world, having 1 DNote deposited in your bank, means your bank can only loan out 1 DNote. In the current banking world, $1 means a bank can lend $10 or more.

At the end of the day, nobody knows what it would look like, because we only have 'logic' and 'behavioural science' to base theory on.

I need to stop before I get too far into thinking about what the future could look like. I should probably write down some thoughts before I forget about them though...

What would a crypto-currencies stability look like, if there existed an algorithm that automatically manipulated the exchange fees on both the buy and sell side of a proprietary crypto exchange?

Bear with me, this could be horrendously stupid, and I tend to think it up as I go along (really should be doing other things too, but this is more interesting):

Imagine TeeGeeCryptoExchange is the only place where TeeGeeCrypto can be bought and sold. TeeGeeCrypto has a desired 'trading range' of (+/-) 1% daily, and +/-(5%) on 30 day moving average.

Now, fees are charged when people buy TeeGeeCoin with USD, and also when people sell TeeGeeCoin for USD. For simplicities sake, let's say that TeeGeeCryptoExchange charges 1% to both buyer and seller that are trading TeeGeeCoin with one another, for a total profit of 2%.

Now, TeeGee's mathematical algorithm that he is no-way-near smart enough to program notices one day, that the desired trading range is beginning to test the bottom end of the 5% change in value over the last 30 days. As the value of the coin gets closer and closer to -5% change over the last 30 days, it changes the fees placed on both buyers and sellers accordingly to 'soften' selling pressure, and 'encourage' buying pressure.

When trading is steady, 0% change - 1% fee to buyer, 1% fee to seller.
When trading is pushing price down by 1% - 0.75% fee to buyer, 1.25% fee to seller
When trading is pushing price down by 3% - 0.25% fee to buyer, 1.75% fee to seller
When trading is pushing price down by 5% - 0% fee to buyer, 2% fee for seller

And of course the other vice versa:
When trading is pushing price up by 1% - 1.25% fee to buyer, 0.75% fee to seller... and so forth

TeeGeeCryptoExchange makes a fixed 2% profit on each crypto transaction regardless of the fee's charged. Normally with markets, as the price changes, more people are prepared to buy or sell, depending on which way the market moved and vice versa. With this method, I'm provisionally thinking that the demand and supply of TeeGeeCoin could be to some degree, manipulated using fees, rather than having demand/supply change only due to changes in price (if stability is the goal).

Now what if it was a really horrible day at the exchange, and TeeGeeCoin drops 10% because not enough sellers were put off by the increased fees charged, and not enough buyers were interested by zero fees?

Well...

When trading is pushing price down 10% - Buyer awarded 3% fee charged to seller, 5% fee for seller. (TeeGeeCryptoExchange retains 2% of fee)

As in, the seller is charged 5% for further trying to tank the price (which hopefully trading vicissitudes continue to lessen with the fee structure anyway), and 3% of that 5% is paid to the buyer, to improve buy depth. TeeGeeCryptoExchange earns a continual 2% commission from every transaction, and fees are awarded to buyer / seller when market imbalances exist.

Anyway, just a casual thought / model to base some future ideas on. I was particularly interested in shifting demand/supply from price, to fees. The consistent fee retained by TeeGeeCryptoExchange, regardless of fees charged to buyer / seller would mean interests lie in stability. The model would also allow sustainable growth over time. Perhaps an exchange out there is already doing this?

Yup, I'm done. Feel free to comment.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2015, 11:11:53 PM

Bad title, but pretty good article here.

‘People Are Just Too Stupid to Use Bitcoin Right Now’

The biggest obstacle for Bitcoin’s mainstream push is not the technology itself but rather the public’s ignorance of the true nature of money. To fully grasp the advantages of Bitcoin, one must first understand the current financial system and, to some extent, the history of money and banking as a whole.

“Ignorance is always afraid of change.”

- Jawaharlal Nehru

"People are just too stupid to use bitcoin right now,” I overheard someone argue at a bar a few weeks ago as we were discussing the potential of cryptocurrency. “Society’s understanding of where money comes from is the real challenge.”

Sure, this statement is crass and may sound like the premise of a bad joke, but after giving it some thought, I recognized an iota of truth: the public is ignorant of the other advantages offered by a trustless, decentralized, peer-to-peer system of payment because they do not grasp the inherent flaws of the current financial system and, more importantly, how money is created.

The Bitcoin ecosystem is still in its infancy and has received much criticism. We often hear that Bitcoin-related software is still too kludgy, complicated and not “Grandma-friendly.” Then there are the hoops a person must jump through to actually acquire bitcoin, not to mention the media-induced association with dark markets, drugs, and “illegal activity.”

Simply put, unless you are a contrarian or a tech-savvy rebellious teenager, there is little to no incentive for a regular person in the developed world to use Bitcoin compared to the tried and tested method of swiping plastic at the register.

Where Does Money Come From?

When asked, most people can paint you an abstract picture of how money comes into existence, i.e. the government or the central bank “printing cash,” while completely unaware of the for-profit private banking sector. In fact, 97% of all money is created by banks via fractional reserve banking.

Moreover, this ignorance extends far beyond the layman. For example, 71% of British MPs did not know where money comes from in a 2014 poll conducted by Positive Money.

“MPs have no chance of understanding the house price bubble unless they know these basic facts about money,” said Ben Dyson, founder of Positive Money. “The financial crisis was caused by banks that created too much money and lent it recklessly. We’re now in danger of repeating the same mistakes.”

[...]

Continue reading...

http://cointelegraph.com/news/115020/people-are-just-too-stupid-to-use-bitcoin-right-now

Pages: « 1 ... 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 [329] 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 ... 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: